This is the same basic idea used in the Easy Jig gen1. 22 Items . 308 drill jigs and accessories. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Tooling cost: The Modulus Arms, like the Easy Jig gen1, uses a standard 1/4" end mill that they sell for $30 or in a tool kit for $45. The Modulus Arms Extreme attaches the Top/Guide Plate to the Side Plates with 2 of the 4 screws per side inside the guide channel and the other 2 on the top surface while the 5D Tactical Pro attaches all 4 screws per side on the top surface. Modulus Arms. Initial jig assembly is simplest with the Easy Jig gen2 but just barely. November 5, 2020 — 0 Comments. Regarding the wording below when I write "AR-15" I mean AR-15, AR-9 or any jig that machines a standard AR-15 sized lower. CODES (16 days ago) The postioning of the jig screws is slightly different between the two jigs. 5D Tactical Universal Jig. Compatible 5D Tactical High Performance Upgrade For 80% AR15 Lower Receiver Jig Tooling Kit . The price of the 5D Tactical Pro jig is comparable to the Easy Jig gen2 with their $30/pair stabilizers. Multiplatform AR-15/AR-9/.308/AR-10 Jig; ... DPMS recently released a smaller version of their LR-308, now what some refer to as “DPMS Gen 2”. 223 Muzzle Brake Crush Washer Steel Black 10 Pieces MAR059B TacFire AR-15. Our 5D Tactical AR-308 80% Lower Receivers are what would be considered DPMS compatible. Machining philosophy: The original and Pro 5D Tactical and Easy Jig gen2 both use a 5/16" end mill and only one pilot hole to mill the fire control group pocket. I am one of the first to admit that when God was handing out the Handyman gene, I was skipped. 3. There are two types of 80% jigs: Router jigs, and drill press or milling jigs, like the one shown in this guide. Their massive side plates are impressive compared to 80 Percent Arms. Here’s the 5D Tactical … Press J to jump to the feed. 80 Percent Arms Easy Jig Gen 2 - Tool Kit: Stealth Arms - 1911 Phantom Jig: 80% AR-15 Jig Kit: $49.99. $225.00. But every 80 percent lower jig and router are different. Fast and Easy - The Multiplatform Router Jig PRO by 5D Tactical is the fastest and easiest universal 80% lower jig on the market today, bar none. The postioning of the jig screws is slightly different between the two jigs. Is it easy to swap out bits? FREE SHIPPING APPLIES TO ENTIRE CART. It should also be noted that if you use your router for more than just machining lowers the setup and takedown time will be increased with the 5D Tactical jigs and the Easy Jig gen2 jig. 5D Tactical Router Jig and 80% arms easy jig ii are compatible without modification. Add to Wish List Add to Compare. 5D Tactical Freedom Kit: 5D Tactical Freedom Kit - Raw: 5D Tactical PRO - With Tooling: $550.00. It's a review and guide site. Types of Jigs: Router vs. Manufacturer's sale page for the 5D Tactical jig . What is an 80% Lower? Some of the comments on an AR15 site’s DIY Build forum says the $280 5D Tactical Universal AR15/AR10 is better than the $180 Juggernaut Tactical jig. ... 80 Percent Arms. 5D Tactical – Using the Router Jig Pro 80 Percent , 80 Percent AR , JSD Supply , Video 80 AR , Video 80% 5D Tactical - Using the Router Jig Pro Our 5D Tactical video will show you what comes with the 5D Tactical Multiplatform jig and how to use it. There are two types of 80% jigs: Router jigs, and drill press or milling jigs, like the one shown in this guide. I am quite competent mechanically and have done a few 80% AR receivers using a drill press jig, an Easy Jig Gen 1 and the 5D tactical jig so far, so can be considered quite familiar with the process. Shop By. We’re looking forward to testing this bad boy out in the future too! Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. Tech. Tech. Sort By. If you're unsure or don't think you will do AR-308 lowers then the 5D Tactical Pro is better on price while still giving the option of upgrading to AR-308 capability at no cost penalty in the future. Well, with a little free time, some basic experience with common hand tools, and the best darn 80% Lower Receiver Jigs on the market, it’s easy to finish your AR-15 or AR-308 80% Lower Receiver and allow it to become the 100% lower receiver it has always identified as. The Easy Jig gen2 can use either as well but that system requires an adapter plate. $10.00. The Easy Jig gen2 is also available in a dual AR-15/AR-308 configuration but this is a product that is separate from the AR-15 only Easy Jig gen2. How to Build a Legal AR-15 in California. The weight of the 5D Tactical is more substantial due to the large sited plates that they use. The jig converts between AR-15 and .308 by simply flipping the rear buffer tube mount and side plates. $ 25.99. From a simple drill press jig to the almighty 5D tactical jig. Boy, did I ever learn. Tool Kits (ReadyMill and Drill Bits are available as an option). The new 5D Tactical Pro jig system uses a unique "ReadyMILL" which uses a replaceable 5/16" end mill inside a thermally fit tool holder. Top Rated Plus. 80% off (22 days ago) 5d tactical pro jig coupon. You can also mill AR9 (9mm) lowers with it. The Modulus Arms Extreme jig Is also a knock off/copy of the 5D Tactical PRO jig. Time left 4d 18h left. WINNER - 5D Tactical PRO Industry Partner - 5D Tactical PRO is an ARFCOM Industry Partner and has been since October 21, 2016, Easy Jig has never been one. The cost of this product is $240 which is $70 more than the AR-15 only jig. It APPEARS to be a knock off/copy of the 5D Tactical PRO jig. 9. American Made Tactical AR Lower Receiver Jig Kit. Copyright © 1996-2020 AR15.COM LLC. What this means is important when it comes time to purchase upper receivers, lower parts kits, etc. CA Compliant AR Mod Kit $ 69.99 $ 57.99. out of stock. If anything I'm more concerned with the amount of steps I have to take between tasks. So in my opinion it's a draw here as well. 4 bids +$20.00 shipping. $169.99 × OK. $49.99. The rear of the receiver attaches to the jig by a large "screw" with the Easy Jig gen2 and 5D Tactical Pro, a buffer support disc and two screws with both the Modulus Arms and the original 5D Tactical jig. Add : SALE PRICE: $104.95 . AR15.COM is the world’s largest firearm community and is a gathering place for firearm enthusiasts of all types. The AR-15/AR-9 Router Jig PRO by 5D Tactical is the fastest, easiest and most durable 80% lower jig ever created. ... 80 PERCENT ARMS EASY JIG GEN 1 .308 - BRAND NEW. The 5D Tactical Multi-Platform Router Jig PRO is the gold standard for finishing AR15, AR9, and DPMS AR10 (308) 80% lower receivers. If you already own a full size router but not a hand held router this may be an issue for you. I am quite competent mechanically and have done a few 80% AR receivers using a drill press jig, an Easy Jig Gen 1 and the 5D tactical jig so far, so can be considered quite familiar with the process. Router compatibility: The Modulus Arms jig can use either a hand held router or a full-size router. The Modulus jig works with everything I have tried except the Genesis CNC which I don't think is even made any more. 5D Tactical or Easy Jig Gen2 80% Jig? FAST AND EASY The AR-15 Router Jig by 5D Tactical is the fastest and easiest to use AR-15/AR-9 80% Lower Jig ever created. SB Tactical Pistol Stabilizing Brace - Black. NOTE: 5D Tactical released a new "Pro" jig on 11/11/17 which seems to have replaced the original jig which this review is based on. Universal AR -308, -15, -9,-45 and AR-10 80% Lower Jig - Router Jig Extreme™ ... Magpul Gen 3 PMAG .308 / 7.62 25rd. The test will be a billet receiver completed in the 5D jig immediately followed by one in the 80% Arms jig. Subscribe to our monthly Newsletter to receive firearm news, product discounts from your favorite Industry Partners, and more. 2 Pack 5/16" 3 Flute, "ZrN" Coated Carbide End Mills Compatible with Easy Jig Gen 2, 5d Tactical and Juggernaut Tactical Ultimate Jigs Default Title - $ 77.98 USD $ 77.98 $ 79.98 Brand New. Date: November 4, 2016 Author: 5D Tactical AR-308 (LR-308,. $ 29.99. $225.00. Probably half a dozen screws one way or the other. October 20, 2020 — 0 Comments. . Add : Our Price: $95.00 . Universal & Multiplatform Router Jig Pro - AR15, DPMS 308, AR Pistol Router Jig $ 289.98 $ 254.99. out of stock. out of stock . Add to Wish List Add to Compare. Bosch PR20EVSK 5.6-Amp Router: Many builders report this router's depth control mechanism slips while in use. November 6, 2020 — 0 Comments. Brand New. $199.99. Subscribe. AR-15 Lowers: 7075-T6 vs. 6061-T6. $199.99. Quick view Add to Cart. Fast and Easy - The Multiplatform Router Jig PRO by 5D Tactical is the fastest and easiest universal 80% lower jig on the market today, bar none. Take note, some of these routers are found in the Router Jig PRO's compatibility charts: Harbor Freight 2.4-Amp Router: This router lacks sufficient power and causes frequent run-out. $365.00. $141.00. It requires no adapter plate so you just tighten the end mill and you're ready to go. $149.99 . Quick view Add to Cart. User account menu. Watch; GLOCK 22 Gen-3 Lower Parts OEM P-80 .-40 S&W PF940-v2 Polymer set kit LPK Build . I’m not looking to spend for than $170. The Modulus jig is $5 cheaper for the tool kit and $10 cheaper for the end mill. You need to consider the pros and cons of your router. The hand held router adapter plate comes with the jig but you can get an additional full-size adapter plate at the time of purchase for an additional $30 (I don't see it available as a separate purchase but it may be). The quality of finished results possible with the Router Jig PRO cannot be attained by any other jig. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. AR15.Com reserves the right to overwrite or replace any affiliate, commercial, or monetizable links, posted by users, with our own. Thanks for stopping and viewing my Router Jig Pro review video. The Modulus jig uses many pre-drilled holes (eight (six if you have a pre-machined rear pocket) 3/8", one 19/64") to remove a lot of bulk from the fire control group pocket. There isn't a lot of details on what's new with the Gen 3 vs Gen 2. 16 bids +$8.00 shipping. This would cost another $220 for a total of $390. 5D Tactical Router Jig Pro Universal AR-15 80% Lower Receiver Jig ... 80% Arms Easy Jig Gen 2 Multiplatform AR-15 / LR308 80% Completion Jig This item is currently on order MSRP: $249.99 . You can also mill AR9 (9mm) lowers with it. I’ve assembled several AR-15 rifles from parts kits and a stripped receiver. The original 5D Tactical jig works with everything except the Hybrid-80 polymer lower and that would work with some slight modification. Our 5D Tactical video will show you what comes with the 5D Tactical Multiplatform jig and how to use it. This costs an additional $130 and can be added after the initial purchase of the AR-15 jig or at the same time bringing the total cost to $305. The winner of the look and feel category is 5D tactical by a slight margin. The AR-15/AR-9 Router Jig PRO by 5D Tactical is the fastest, easiest and most durable 80% lower jig ever created. 5D Tactical Freedom Kit - Raw: 5D Tactical PRO - With Tooling: 80 Percent Arms - Easy Jig Gen 2 - AR15 and 308: $530. The Router Jig PRO can be purchased as AR-15/AR-9 Only, or you can add a Conversion Kit for use with our AR-308 80% Lower Receivers. The Router Jig PRO can be purchased as AR-15/AR-9 Only, or you can add a Conversion Kit for use with our AR-308 80% Lower Receivers. The 5D Tactical Multi-Platform Router Jig PRO is the gold standard for finishing AR15, AR9, and DPMS AR10 (308) 80% lower receivers. 5D Tactical Router Jig and 80% arms easy jig ii are compatible without modification. Easy Jig Gen 3 Multi-Platform - AR-15, AR-9 and .308 80% Lower Jig The Easy Jig Gen 3 is a multi-platform routing jig for building 80% lower receivers. The patented Easy Jig® Gen 3 Multiplatform ™ replaces the Gen 2 as the world's easiest to use, fully universal, 80% lower jig capable of finishing AR-15, AR-9, AR-45 and DPMS gen 1 pattern .308 80% lower receivers without the need for any additional adapter pieces. $49.99. I’ve narrowed down my options for a jig between the 5D Tactical or the Easy Jig Gen2. All you will need to finish an AR-15 80% lower at home is the AR-15 Router Jig, the PRO Tool Kit, and some drilling tools. Time left 5d 13h left. 5D Tactical Router Jig - AR15: 5D Tactical Router Tool Kit: 80 Percent Arms - Easy Jig Gen 2 - AR15 and 308: $199.99. Purchase the AR-15/.308 80% lower jig right here at 80 Percent Arms. 16 bids +$8.00 shipping. Quick view Add to Cart. Music: "Pride Before the Fall" - Ethan Meixsell #OptOutofGunControl #SuckItGunGrabbers. The 5D Tactical jig is the third (that I'm aware of) router-based 80% lower completion jig on the market, preceded by the 80% Arms Easy Jig and the Modulus Arms Jig(s). The 5D Tactical jig is the third (that I'm aware of) router-based 80% lower completion jig on the market, preceded by the 80% Arms Easy Jig and the Modulus Arms Jig(s). Please also reference the written instruction manual prior to and during jig use! On the other hand it could be argued that the Modulus jig has a potential flaw because the spinning end mill shank makes physical contact with the jig. If you buy the AR-15 only Easy Jig gen2 and then later decide you want to do AR-308 receivers then you will have to buy the complete Easy Jig gen2 dual receiver system for another $240 (or go with another brand of AR-308 jig). "When trading bullets it is better to give than to receive". Like we said earlier, most jigs use the same parts, top plates and templates, side walls, and tools. Wondering whether I should get that one or the 5Dtacticals jig. With this one universal, router-based jig, you can complete AR-15, AR-9, and AR-10 80% lowers. 5D Tactical. 80 Percent Arms 5/16" High Speed Replacement End Mill for Easy Jig Gen 2 MAP $39.99 (Out of Stock) Polymer 80 PF940CV1 Compact Pistol Frame Kit For Glock 19/23/32 - White Our Price: $160.00 (Out of Stock) 5D Tactical Universal AR-15 80% Lower Receiver Router Jig - PRO Our Price: $219.99 . Modulus Arms offers only separate jig systems so you would have to buy a complete AR-10 jig apart from their AR-15 jig. Add : Polymer … I’m not looking to spend for than $170. No jig is declared a winner or a loser because that would mean certain criteria would have to be used and what I value most may not be what you value most. Universality: The Easy Jig gen2 works with every lower I have available to test it with. 5D Tactical Freedom Kit - Raw: 5D Tactical PRO - With Tooling: $550.00. 9. 5d tactical router jig pro multi platform ar15, ar10, 9mm. Drill Press/Mill. TM22 Recoil Spring Guide Rod Tool . I am updating this review on 11/11/17 which is the date the 5D Tactical Pro jig is released so I can't comment on how universal it is though I would expect it to be just as universal if not more. If you believe there are other criteria that should be consider let me know in the forum or using the Contact link at the bottom of the page and I will evaluate that. The Router Jig PRO by 5D Tactical is a multi-platform jig capable of completing AR 15, AR 10 (.308) and AR 9 80 percent lowers. Speed: I'll start off by saying the speed I can machine a lower means very little to me. Sig P320 Drill Bit Kit $ 40.00. out of stock. But a gunsmith I am not. 5d tactical router jig pro guide plate. $64.95. Some like to pre-drill and remove a lot of bulk. All Rights Reserved. $141.00. 5D Tactical Router Jig - AR15: 5D Tactical Router Tool Kit: 80 Percent Arms - Easy Jig Gen 2 - AR15 and 308: $199.99. Ghost Gunner 2. (2 days ago) PRO Jig Tool Kit. Any reviews of the new Easy Jig gen 3 from 80% Arms? The drill block requires four screws with the original 5D Tactical, two with the 5D Tactical Pro, only one with the Easy Jig gen2 and two with the Modulus Arms. The $200 5D Tactical Pro jig comes with massive 1.5" aluminum side plates with replaceable steel bushings. Out of stock. The side plate stiffening screw is by far my least favorite part of any jig as it often gets aluminum shavings on it which can bind up in the side plate holes. $530.00. $120.00. The 5D Tactical Pro (or original) jig system does not work with full-size routers.