For example, ask how they responded when a long-time process was changed. Adaptability skills can be possessed both in both attitude and action. If you cannot stay calm when unexpected changes occur, and if you are not able to quickly find effective solutions, the interviewer might get the idea that you do not possess the needed adaptability skills. Tell me about a time when you were asked to do something you had never done before. How did you adapt to this situation? Show that you can adjust your style of working. Entire countries and industries have been forced to pivot on nearly no notice. By asking certain behavioral questions, interviewers try to assess which candidates are more qualified than others. The ability to adapt in this way is especially important for organizational leaders who set the tone for their employees. } Responds to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work activities and objectives. These candidates are more likely to adjust to unplanned circumstances. in marketing, click here. Adaptability: Set Goals for your Employees. Give the interviewer an answer in the form of a ‘story.’ Walk them through the challenges you were facing and how you approached them to adapt. What are adaptability skills? Always say that you are willing to try new approaches to changing situations and environments. These type of interview questions focuses on your past behavior in professional work settings. } Examples of Behavioral Interview Questions to Assess Teamwork Use these questions to assess how the candidate managed team conflict or fulfilled their responsibilities despite team challenges, or through a cooperation despite personality clashes. This might sound logical, but it’s important that you focus on demonstrating that you’re the right person for the job. That doesn’t matter.” Note how, in that interview, Bezos connects opening new warehouses and hiring new employees back to servicing customers. Let’s get started… How to Answer “What is Your Greatest Strength?” Being put on the spot and asked to brag about yourself in the interview is never easy. Tell me about a time you had to do something you had never done before. Get clear, concise, up-to-date advice with our practical, step-by-step guides. You have been working on a client’s project for a while, when your manager informs you that the project’s requirements changed suddenly. In addition to adaptability questions, hiring managers should ask a variety of behavioral questions , personality questions , and second interview questions . The interview process is not something that hiring managers should take lightly. Adaptability is a soft skill that is crucial to success in the workplace, and in terms of your own career advancement. } Employees with the skills to adapt to change ultimately help companies grow. Why is it important? Job Interview: What Challenges Are You Looking For? The sample of performance review phrases for adaptability is a great/helpful tool for periodical/annual job performance appraisal. In today’s competitive markets, it’s important for companies to have people in their workforce that can adapt to changing work environments." Result: ‘After learning to work with the new systems, I found out that these were actually beneficial for my productivity. "acceptedAnswer": { Ask questions, find answers, get tips, and dig deeper into our product. Learn more about the features available and how they make each recruiting task easier. Read the minds of our team of HR writers. Learn more about the top 5 Adaptability questions to ask during your next candidate interview. , { We constantly change our lifestyles because our world is changing always. Situation: ‘In my previous position, my manager had to unexpectedly leave for six months due to a medical condition. due to job enrichment or promotion.) Europe & Rest of World: +44 203 826 8149. "name": "Why is adaptability important in the workplace? Fast-paced environments require employees that can take on multiple tasks at the time even though at times, this may be beyond the scope of their responsibilities. It’s important that the interviewer gets an understanding of your task. Interview questions about adaptability might be tricky because it can be challenging to demonstrate such skills. Taking on different roles and The way you respond to questions about adaptability tells the interviewer more about your work methods, flexibility, and ability to stay calm under pressure. Make sure to include (some of) the following elements in your answers: Job interview questions about your adaptability are best answered by providing example situations according to the STAR method. Start hiring now with a 15-day free trial. Make or break deal: Showing adaptability is a feature that employers look out for and could break the deal if not having them. When the interviewer presents this question, be specific in your answer about how you manage your daily work assignments. During the interview, you can gauge a candidate’s adaptability by asking them to describe how they handled past situations. Use the following steps as a guide to help you answer this interview question: 1. "text": "Show through example situations that you can adjust your style of working and communication to match changing situations, tasks, teams, and work demands. Sales Interview. Tell me about a time you had to learn how to use a new system or software at work. For an interview, have examples of adaptability in your previous roles ready in your head. What did you learn? Adaptability is showing openness to change and altering behaviours in order to work effectively when faced with new information, a changing situation or environment. Tell me about a time you had to work on a task that was outside of your job description. From Seeing the Big Picture through to Deliver at Pace, we outline what is involved, we show typical questions and we give you some example situations which you can use to refresh your memory. If your team member had a “not interested” attitude to learning something new, what would you say to them to agree to learn a new more effective method of working? How did you react? Industry insights, new tech and tools, step outside the day-to-day demands of HR and keep pace with a changing world. For examples of Cultural Adaptability (or lack thereof!)