Use vegetable shortening to heavily grease the interior of a 13-by-9-inch metal baking pan. How about making a Spicy Apple Old-Fashioned! Otherwise, purchase your own bottle on Amazon and make all the favorites: Old-fashioned, Manhattan, Pink Gin Pink, Sazerac, original martini, The Sawyer and Rob Roy. Mmm! OLD FASHIONED Apple Crisp. Stir in whipping cream, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well. Slice them thinly and add flour, sugar, My mom taught me to make these apple slices years ago and they are a huge favorite with my kids. Lay the slices out on a parchment lined baking sheet. You just have to be able to boil water! https://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-apple-cinnamon-oatmeal-277638 When done cooking, lift apple slices out of the sauce with a slotted spoon and put them directly in your serving dish. It makes a wonderful addition to your breakfast or brunch menu! I did add 1 tsp. Adventurer. Garnish with additional orange and apple slices and a cinnamon stick, if desired. I hadn't even tasted the pie, but felt confident enough to make it after reading all of the wonderful reviews. Instant Pot Oatmeal with Apples and Cinnamon. Start by combining rolled or old fashioned oats with your favorite milk and / or coconut or Greek yogurt in a 8 oz. I can honestly say that I found the recipe for the perfect breakfast. Using a cinnamon candy like Red Hots takes the guess-work out of the recipes. 1 tsp brown sugar, sprinkled over apple slices. No shaker? https://justplaincooking.ca/stovetop-apple-cinnamon-oatmeal This apple dessert is perfect during fall, just like my Apple Crumb Cake or my Caramel Apple Cheesecake. How about making a Spicy Apple Old-Fashioned! The date night special for the (literal) whiskey lover. This Old Fashioned Cinnamon Apple Cake with Crackle Glaze is tender, studded with apples and walnuts, and is topped with the most delicious cinnamon glaze! If no muddler, use the end of a large wooden spoon. As of August 2018, Monash University reported that 20 grams of Pink Lady apple are considered low FODMAP. Let the sugar dissolve before you add more apple slices. You can use skim or 2% milk or an alternative milk product like soy milk or almond milk for … Mix with a spoon until the cinnamon is evenly coating the oats. Mix with a spoon to combine. When I cook apples in other ways, sometimes they get mushy and fall apart. Quick, easy-to-make and delicious pours for sweet AND stiff drink-lovers alike. Powdered cinnamon wasn’t enough – experience the aromatics through an extract AND a fresh stick as well. Sugar tames the heat of the aged distillate and balances the woodsy, herbal Angostura. Do you smell this? Check at the 10 minute mark. When these are done, lift them out with a slotted spoon and add to the apples in the serving dish. It gives it a hint of caramel that pairs perfectly with the rum and apple cider flavor. This is maybe the best thing ever to serve next to a pork roast or a pork chop! Even still, there are rarely any leftovers! It’s made with soft and tender apple slices and topped with old-fashioned oat crumbles. Learn how to make a Apple Pie Old Fashioned with Bulleit Rye Whiskey. Smoke and Cinnamon Old Fashioned, makes one. The perfectionist (slow as mud). Quite literally. Researcher, innovator, dreamer. Cut lard into flour and salt, mix with enough ice water to hold together. Enjoy this quick & easy classic cocktail recipe and find more whiskey recipes. A great cold weather cocktail with a cider house twist, this fall version of the classic has apple cider syrup as the star of the show! Not these guys. Peel and slice your apples, then place enough to fill the bottom of your saucepan (with simmering sugar water). Serve – Pour into an old-fashioned glass, add a splash of club soda, and garnish … If you have any leftovers — which you probably won’t — they are great mixed in with oatmeal the next morning. Throw the ingredients in your slow cooker before bed and you’ll have warm overnight apple cinnamon oats ready when you wake up. They keep their nice apple slice shape and they get this lovely translucent look. However, the regular apples usually get ignored in favor of the ones cooked in the sugar water. You guessed it (I hope). 1 teaspoon simple syrup or super fine sugar 2 dashes bitters 1.5 oz rye or bourbon whiskey a splash of water orange peel 1 Luxardo cherry 1 cinnamon stick cedar board + kitchen torch ice Directions Place sugar cube into the glass, add two dashes citrus bitters and apple cider; muddle to break down the sugar cube. Dig our website theme? Let the apples cool. Take egg mixture and pour … Old Fashioned Cinnamon Apples Recipe - Granny's in the Kitchen They always get eaten up whenever I serve them. Whether it’s fall or winter, Thanksgiving, Christmas or Valentine’s Day, the pairing of cooked apples + cinnamon + sugar is delicious and will warm the palate. If you aren't pre-soaking your oats your cooking time will … You'll notice that the recipe includes a "water bath," which simply means that the casserole dish should be placed in a pan of hot water in the oven. Once the water is simmering, carefully add a single layer of apples to the water and sugar. Fragrant apples in cinnamon sauce, oatmeal crisp, and a scoop of ice cream. I recommend those over quick oats or steel cut oats for this recipe. My daughter was squealing with delight when I put her a plate of dessert for breakfast. Place apples in 12 x 7 inch ... custard cups or serving bowls and microwave for 3-4 minutes on high.) This old-fashioned Apple Cobbler is one of my FAVORITE fall desserts. https://longbournfarm.com/apple-cinnamon-instant-pot-oatmeal A get-together goodie for all the friends. Admittedly, this recipe uses a lot of sugar. Unglazed Apple Muffin. Full of sweet, cinnamon flavor these old fashioned spiced apple rings are the perfect accompaniment to pork and turkey. … To make these delicious Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins you will need old-fashioned rolled oats, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, light brown sugar, milk, eggs, unsalted butter, apples and cinnamon.