I got to know about Auroville when I was working for Madhyam, an NGO in Bangalore. Ideals of Auroville and a rare view of Matrimandir’s interior. Athithigriha – the best haunt for every Auroville visitor. Auroville is a playground and experimental test field for new ecological and sustainable technologies that the world needs: large and small scale use of solar energy, electrical engines of all kinds, water retention systems, water purification and dynamisation, non-invasive farming and permaculture and architecture with … Pitchandikulam has been working with local communities in Auroville and the bioregion to identify suitable sites for plantation and reforestation of the endangered species of the region. Plantation of 13 acres of parks, 9 acres of green corridors and 4.5 km of avenue trees. Since then I have visited the place three times and the hunger is not quenched at all. Vikas community near the centre of Auroville has been our main achievement. I met my wife there and my first son was born there. Wanna Enjoy Live Music in Bangalore, check out these top live gig locations for a deeper appreciation of musicians. For example, ninety percent of the trees in Auroville were a part of a reforestation effort that began with its founding 50 years ago, a testament to the residents’ ability to act on big picture … Tag Archives: community Sustainable Dentistry with ADCERRA. The Sustainable Livelihood Institute (SLI) was created in 2015 with the goal to provide the knowledge concentrated in Auroville of how to create a reasonable standard of living without harming the environment to the rural communities of Tamil Nadu. Mahindra Electric, a part of the Mahindra Group, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Auroville, to pilot India’s first integrated sustainable mobility ecosystem for a community. It would conduct research and teach - and help change lives. ‘Exploring a Sustainable Future’ introduces some of the Auroville technologies and explores an integral approach to sustainable practices. I found a spiritual path there. A really quality post. Auroville is however far from self-sustaining and moneyless, with most residents live on savings or money they have earned somewhere else. I had some amazing experiences there, as well as challenging and unpleasant ones. One visit to the nearby Auroville shop was truly enchanting with all its handmade papers, organic soaps, cotton and jute clothing, terracotta and ceramic pottery, natural fibre. AURAM press developed by the Auroville community is used for producing CSEB blocks. “Sustainable development is development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.". Where is Auroville?Auroville is located in south India ,in the State of Tamil Nadu (some parts are in theState of Pondicherry), a few kilometers inland from the Coromandel … Buildings made of earth require a lot of raw materials and this may seem antagonistic to sustainable development. The attempt to sustainable development is to integrate an alternative building process, various appropriate building technologies and renewable energy sources, so as to promote eco-friendly and sustainable development. I, Nethraa an architecture student from Chennai worked in Auroville Bamboo centre for four months as an intern to explore Auroville and work with the best sustainable material, Bamboo. Ideals of Auroville and a rare view of Matrimandir’s interior Courage, serenity, solitude, certitude, revelation, samasti, samriddhi, names that seem to suggest the steps to attain nirvana are actually the names of various communities in Auroville.