My rim thickness gage is made by Neil Jones Precision in Pennsylvania and it … 159 sold, 51 available. Both the Ruger 10/22, and Marlin Model 60, quickly come to mind, along with offerings from companies like Mossberg and Remington. The rim will squish down and can be measured with your tools that you already have. Use a punch inside the case to form a bulge like in the picture. So I'm considering picking up a .22LR rim gauge and sorting out the thinnest standard deviation of Aguila SuperExtra. 1x Custom anvil (For the dial gauge) NOTE: In order to measure the rim thickness, you need the rim thickness measuring gauge AND a dial indicator. Find the cheap 22lr Rim Thickness Gauge, Find the best 22lr Rim Thickness Gauge deals, Sourcing the right 22lr Rim Thickness Gauge supplier can be time-consuming and difficult. Forster Headspace Gauges with Clymer Reamers, Manson Precision Gauges with JGS Reamers, etc. Measuring .22 LR rim thickness. Sorting ammo by rim thickness will provide ammo with similar ignition qualities for improved accuracy. I had about 700 rounds of Eley Sport (Inexpensive, but shot the best in my Savage MKII Heavy Barrel) that I. With the "Tire Thickness" module, you can measure the thickness of common tire types (heavy and light rail) in addition to wheel profile. $10.59. The rims that had a 2 or more point variation in rim thickness were the least reliable rounds for accuracy. Buying Request Hub makes it simple, with just a few steps: post a Buying Request and when it’s … and everything in between. Free shipping for many products! If you don't mind taking time to sort the R/F ammo it's a good tool to have. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. RAVEN EYE CUSTOM RIM THICKNESS MEASURING TOOL According to Eley, the manufacturer of the highest grade rimfire ammunition available (used in the Olympics), the single most important factor in rimfire accuracy is: the thickness of the rim. This is part one of a two part video where we check some common 22 LR ammo for rim thickness deviation. This gauge sells from Sinclair for $33.00 plus shipping. Rim Thickness Gauge - 22LR. The gauge allows the shooter to sort ammo by the rim thickness to find all ammunition that has similar ignition qualities to improve accuracy. Add To Cart. Super high amount of views. The kit includes the following: Contents: 1x Rimfire rim thickness measuring gauge for 22LR, 22 short and 17 Mach 2. Once I work through the case I have left, I can switch over to CCI Standard. The issue with rimfire is that the primer material plays a larger role than in a larger, boxer primed case. One tool works for .22 LR, .22 WMR, .17 HMR and .17 HM2. the thickness of the rim. The kit includes the following:Contents:1 Rimfire rim thickness measuring gauge for 22LR, 22 short and 17 Mach 24 Target dots1 Set of instructions The … .22LR Rim Thickness. While rim thickness played a role, it was not as important as the chamber seating depth of each round. Use Clymer with Clymer and Manson Precision with Manson Precision, etc. A better improvement lotting with rim thickness over weight. you wouldn't want that with the center fire rounds, so i imagine the rim thickness sort would help group size. January 11, 2019 By Shooting Times Editorial Staff Then place the rim over a 1/4” nut or washer. This proven technique is used by competitive shooters and varmint hunters. The rimfire gauge attaches to your caliper and includes bushings for use with most … Best in Class: SK .22 LR Match 40-Grain. Get a .22 Rim Thickness Gauge (RTG), buy bulk 22LR ammo that works the best in your M&P 15/22. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Rimfire Rim Thickness Measuring Gauge 22lr 22 17 Mach2 Raven Eye Custom Sub MOA at the best online prices at eBay! The G-3 tool not only allows you to sort your ammunition by rim thickness, it enables you to measure the actual thickness of the rim. 28 posts • Page 1 of 1.22LR Rim Thickness. As I was bored and clearly had too much time on my hands I thought I would give it a go. The rims that had a 1 point variation on my dial in rim thickness and concentricity were the next best rounds of the lot. Calibres, cartridges, ballistics tables and ammunition information. Although it consistently stays around 35-40mm at 100m, the groups open up a lot to 200m. There are a number of very popular rifles made by well known companies on the market. For sale is a G3 .22LR Rimfire Thickness Gauge. Depending on the condition of the wheel, the included small magnetic auxiliary gage is attached to the inner or outer abutting face or to the wear groove.