(v) Produces secretion which serves as a mediums for transportation of sperms which forms semen. Given below is an experimental setup to demonstrate a particular tropic movement in germinating seeds. (iv) The kidney is composed of number of neurons. Question 4. Example, Gaseous pollutants are so2 , co2 and co. Chemical pollutants like fertilizers, pesticide and insecticide. Question 5. Answer: (i) The theory of inheritance of Acquired Characters was proposed by Jean Baptiste de Lamark. 2019. Question 6. (iii) Maintaining balance of the body and coordinating muscular activities is carried out by the Cerebellum. (a) The diagram given below represents an experiment to prove the importance of a factor in photosynthesis. AQA. (iii) Axon, Dendron, Photon, Cyton. (iv) Chicken pox, Colour blindness, Haemophilia, Albinism. (iv) Development of fruit without fertilization, e.g., Apple, banana, tomato. Resource Guide for File Naming System. Latest CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12 Biology 2019-2020 in PDF form free download. 2016: Higher: PDF (2.3MB) Marking Instructions for Higher Biology 4 papers found for Biology, displaying all papers. (iii) Who proposed the theory of ‘Natural Selection’ ? Note: Do not destroy specimens F and G as you will need them for question 2. (a) In Mendel’s experiments, tall pea plants (T) are dominant over dwarf pea plants (t). 2019 A/L Biology Past Paper – Sinhala Medium. Answer: (i) Phenotype of F1 generation is all are tall plants. (iv) Name the organism used as an example to ‘Industrial Melanisum’. This was a relatively high-scoring paper, with a small number of candidates gaining full marks. Which is the main nitrogenous waste present in it? Study the diagram and answer the following questions : [5] (i) Identify the stage by giving a suitable reason. Look under ‘Past Examination Resources’ and filter by exam year and series. (in) Explain how the human eye adapts itself to bright light and dim light. Answer: (e) Choose the correct answer from the four options given below : [5], (i) While recording the pulse rate, where exactly does a doctor press on our wrist? Which one of the two is stronger? Our IGCSE Biology Past Papers section is uploaded with the latest IGCSE Biology May June 2019 Past Paper. A. CBSE Class 12 Biology Question Paper for 2019 - Free PDF Download Previous year question papers provided by Vedantu will help you in preparing well for your upcoming examination 2019. window.__mirage2 = {petok:"fd48f8b691ce3e85294891aa17ad704f8f48607a-1607093254-1800"}; 2019 AL Biology Past Paper in Sinhala Medium. This is because many schools use the exam papers as mock tests and so we refrain from presenting these on our site until they are widely available. (ii) Why is the above gland referred to as the ‘Master gland’? 3k. We do not link to the new GCSE Biology past papers until the exam boards have released these. Location – Hangs from the base of midbrain below hypothalamus of brain. (v) Agents causing pollution are called pollutants. (ii) To prevent escape of water vapour from the pot. (iii) Explain the process of Photosynthesis. It is designed to provide practice consistent with the demands of the current HSC course and its examination. [5] (i) What is the phenotype and genotype of the F1 generation if a homozygus tall plant is crossed with a homozygus dwarf plant? (v) Give two examples of vestigial organs in humans. Mention the function of part 5. Scroll down to download CBSE Question Paper Class 12 2019 Biology with Answers. Cambridge Assessment International Education, Find out how to become a Cambridge school. Paper 1. IGCSE Biology 0610 Past Papers About IGCSE Biology Syllabus With an emphasis on human biology, the Cambridge IGCSE Biology syllabus helps learners to understand the technological world in which they live, and take an informed interest in science and scientific developments. (ii) Dynamic balance – semicircular canal Static balance – utriculus and sacculus (vestibule). (iii) Excessive fertilizers make the soil hypertonic as compared to root hair cells. ... Higher Level Exam Papers. What is the role of Tropic hormones in the human body? Paper 2. Keep up to date with news from Cambridge and its schools around the world. Practicing past papers is one of the best ways to prepare for an exam. (a) The diagram given below represents an organ system in the human body. The time given at the head of this paper is the time allowed for writing the answers. Ordinary Level Exam Papers. 5th day B. (ii) Name the tropic movement shown by part 1. B. We should set more and more sewage treatment plants that play a crucial role in the reclaimed polluted water. (ii) Animal cell: No cell wall; presence of centrioles at opposite poles. Paper 3. This is light adaptation. Leaving Cert Biology exam papers and marking schemes from 2004 to present day. Give one example. In spinal cord, cyton’is inside forming gray matter and axon is outside forming white matter. (v) A cross between two individuals having two pairs of contrasting traits producing a generation in which all individuals are heterozygous for both the characters. (it) Which part of the human ear gives ‘Dynamic balance’ and ‘Static balance’ to the body ? 2 ATP produced and 4 ATP used for a net loss of 2 ATP. ICSE 2019 Biology Board Question Paper Solved. (iii) Name the hormone which in deficiency causes Diabetes Insipidus. (v) Which lobe of the above gland secretes : Answer: (i) Pituitary gland. Further, it’s FREE for downloading. Hey all! May June 2019 Past Papers. Vein C. Artery D. Capillary Answer: C. Artery, (ii) In a human male, a sperm will contain : A. 2017: Higher: PDF (1.0MB) Tick to download 2016 NH Biology. « Previous - Biology Paper 2 - KCSE 2019 With Marking Scheme Chemistry Paper 1 - KCSE 2019 With Marking Scheme - Next » Download PDF for future reference Install our android app for easier access You are provided with specimens F and G , obtained from different plant from different plant species. (ii) Label the parts marked 2 and 4. This is dark adaptation. Genotype of F1 generation is all plants are Tf. (v) What is a Dihybrid Cross? Record your answers on the answer grid on page 03 of your answer booklet. Advanced Level. (in) Root hairs become flaccid and droop when excess fertilizers are added to the moist soil around them. D. 36 to 38 ATP used for a net loss of 2 ATP. (iv) Growth movement of plants in response to touch stimulus, e.g., Sweet Pea. (iv) Give a balanced chemical equation to represent the process of photosynthesis. All subjects such as Mathematics, English, Kiswahili, physics, chemistry, computer studies, biology, home science, business, Agriculture, cre, history, geography are all a (v) Provides oxygen for respiration. (f) Identify the ODD term in each set and name the CATEGORY to which the remaining three belong : [5] Example: glucose, starch, cellulose, calcium, Odd term: calcium. (iv) The kidney is composed of number of nephrons. (iii) Mention the impact of this pollution on human health. (c) Give suitable biological reasons for the following statements : [5] (i) The birth rate in India is very high. 2019: Higher: PDF (1.4MB) Tick to download 2018 NH Biology. Sign up for updates about changes to the syllabuses you teach, We use cookies. General Instructions: Answers to this Paper must be written on the paper provided separately. Attempt all questions from Section I and any four questions from Section II. (v) All life on Earth is supported by Photosynthesis. BIOLOGY Questions and answers. (iii) Name the two hormones secreted by 1. Answer: (g) Expand the following biological abbreviations : [5] (i) ABA (ii) IAA (iii) ATP (iv) DNA (v) TSH Answer: (i) Abscisic acid, (h) Study the picture given below and answer the following questions: [5] (i) Identify the type of pollution. AS & A-Levels from 2015. When a person moves from brightly lighted area to dark area, visual purple of rods which were earlier broken due to bright light regenerates and pupil dilates to allow more light to enter. (iv) What is Thigmotropism ? (iv) Urine; main nitrogenous water present in it is urea. Both X and Y chromosomes, (iii) A muscular wall is absent in : A. Capillary B. Venule C. Arteriole D. Vein Answer: A. Capillary, (iv) On which day of the menstrual cycle does ovulation take place ? A-Level Biology Papers. (iii) Draw a neat, labelled diagram of the stage which follows the one shown in the diagram. Higher Human Biology 2018/19 2017 Unofficial Markscheme List - GCSE and A-Level Unofficial Mark Scheme for Biology Paper 1 Edexcel GCSE Combined Higher AQA Psychology 2019 AS / A LEVEL Paper 1 and Paper 2 exam mark schemes / papers Complete AS and A level Biology 2019 Past Papers Directory AS and A level Biology Feb & March Past Papers 9700_m19_ci_33 9700_m19_er 9700_m19_gt 9700_m19_ms_12 9700_m19_ms_22 9700_m19_ms_33 9700_m19_ms_42 9700_m19_ms_52 9700_m19_qp_12 9700_m19_qp_22 9700_m19_qp_42 9700_m19_qp_33 9700_m19_qp_52 AS and A level Biology May & June Past Papers … Here we present 2019 A/L Biology paper Part I (MCQ) & Part II ( Sinhala medium), and you can download it using the link given below. AS Paper 2. (iii) Name the structural and functional units of the part marked 1. Dead bodies should not be thrown in the river. (v) The part of the eye which can be donated from a clinically dead person is cornea. Answers to this Paper must be written on the paper provided separately. The factor which expresses itself phenotypically is called dominant and the other which remains unexpressed is called recessive. A. Nerve B. Tick to download 2019 NH Biology. (v) What is a ‘Pollutant’? If you are not sure which exam board you are studying ask your teacher. You can download one or more papers for a previous session. Study the diagram and answer the following questions :  [5]  (i) Identify the system. (b) The diagram given below represents an endocrine gland in the human body. (iii) Helps in killing germs, lubricates surface of eye. Biology Paper 1 Edexcel 2019 AQA AS Biology 2019 Paper 1 Unofficial Mark Scheme OCR A Level Biology 12,16,20 autumn resit OCR A Level Biology A H420 Paper 1 6th June 2019 UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME AQA AS Biology 2019 Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme (a) Answer the following questions briefly : [5] (i) How are the cytons and axons placed in the brain and the spinal cord ? (v) Mention any two objectives of ‘Swachh Bharat Abhiyan’. Most Popular IGCSE PAST PAPERS. Paper 3. And Also, We have a considerable Biology past paper collection as well. You will not be allowed to write during the first 15 minutes. (ii) Name one pollutant that causes the above pollution. (ii) Mention two charcterstic feature each for the two stages. (v) Name the four nitrogenous bases. Explain the term. You are provided with specimens F and G. obtained from different plant species. Read 12249 times Last modified on Wednesday, 08 January 2020 07:43 . 1. Biology Paper 3. Study the diagram and answer the questions that follow : [5] (i) Label the parts 1 and 2. (v) Give two examples of Vestigial organs in humans. A few questions (25 and 31 for example) were found to be particularly … We should not mix petroleum substances in the water. AS Paper 2. (iv) Name the organism used as an example to explain ‘Industrial Melanisum’. Answer the questions that follow : [5] (i) Identify Australopithecus and Neanderthal man from the above pictures. (v) The compound formed when haemoglobin combines with carbon dioxide in blood. (iii) Phenotypic ratio = 3:1 Genotypic ratio = 1:2:1. Answer: (i) Urinary / Excretory system. Paper 2. (iv) State one measure to control this pollution. Tropic hormones stimulate other endocrine gland to produce their specific hormone. (iv) State Mendel’s Law of Dominance. (ii) Expansion of cotyledons, inhibits apical dominance, cell elongation. (ii) Insulin, Adrenaline, Pepsin, Thyroxine. Download GCE A/L Biology Past Paper in Sinhala Medium 2019. OR OR Click here to download the pdf version of "Biology Paper 1 - KCSE 2019 With Marking Scheme", and read the full contents of this page . Get latest Cambridge IGCSE Biology Past Papers, Marking Schemes, Specimen Papers, Examiner Reports and Grade Thresholds. (iii) The structure which connects the placenta and the foetus. Biology General Instructions • Reading time – 5 minutes (ii) Mention two characteristic features each for the two stages. (iv) Acid rain is dangerous for vegetation, decays building materials, paints and corrodes building and monuments and statues. CIE O LEVEL PAST PAPERS. A. Answer: (i) 1 – Radicle 2 – Plumule. (v) Draw a neat, labelled diagram showing the longitudinal section of part 1. Give one example. This cuts down the capacity of blood for transporting oxygen, sometimes resulting in death. You will not be allowed to write during the first 15 minutes. August 2020 (2) July 2020 (1) May 2020 (1) January 2020 (1) (b) State the main functions of the following : [5] (i) Medulla Oblongata (ii) Cytokinins (iii) Tears (iv) Coronary Artery (v) Seminal Vesicles Answer: (i) Controls involuntary activities. NCERT Books and Text Book Solutions, Previous year question papers 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015 and others, sample papers for practice. Answer: (i) Water pollution, (iii) Cholera, Jaundice, Typhoid, Dysentery, Diarrhoea. Answer : (i) Sunlight. (d) Match the items given in Column A with the most appropriate ones in Column B and rewrite the correct matching pairs. 2019 – A & B 2019 – C 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004. 4 ATP produced and 2 ATP used for a net gain of 2 ATP. Answer: (i) Choroid. As long as birth rate exceeds death rate population grows rapidly. Biology 0610 May June 2019 Question Paper 11 : Download: Biology 0610 May June 2019 Mark Scheme 11 : Download: Biology 0610 May June 2019 Question Paper 12 (a) Name the following : [5] (i) The layer of the eyeball that provide nourishment to the eye. It acidifies lakes and streams which affect aquatic life. Answer: (i) Transpiration, It is the loss of water in the form of water vapour from aerial exposed parts of plants. Biology B. //