My first trip to (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? Get the monthly weather forecast for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. Cancun is an easy place for North Americans to fly to and is relatively cheap depending on what you’re doing (a lot of tours can be on the pricey side, however). This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. In Cancun, located just north of the Riviera Maya, in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo, the climate is tropical, with a muggy, rainy season from May to October and a cooler, relatively dry season from November to April.However, also in the latter season, rainfall may occur, in addition to wind and cloudiness, especially in December and January. For rainfall in Cancun there are monthly totals of the number of days with wet weather and for the amount of rain it receives. Dit komt omdat de stad in de aanvoerroute van orkanen ligt. The air remains warm, and the thermometer doesn’t reach marks over 27°C (82°F). Answer 1 of 6: Unfortunately our flights were cancelled for July, gutted looking to reschedule for end of December into January, what’s the weather like for then? In fact, it can be a bit quiet. Going over the holidays is the most expensive time to go...If you can go just before Christmas, it's much cheaper!!!! It may one thing on the internet, but I was wondering if any travellers to Cancun at this time have any experiences to share with me. Weather ; Things To Do; Travel Advice; What's The Weather Like in Search. Days are usually hot with balmy evenings, so visitors should pack light and cool clothing. Much appreciated. Answer 1 of 9: I am planning a trip to Cancun in early January, but I'm not too sure how the weather is. around the weather in Cancun … Lots of people there over the holidays too, so if you're going to go, book quick! Hello! While Canada and much of the US experience ice and snow and sub-zero temperatures, Cancun enjoys an average high temperature of 83 degrees in January, with average low temperatures typically in the mid 60s. Didn't seem to be alot of teenagers. Sitting on the Caribbean Sea, Cancún has high temperatures all year round so you can count on it being nice and warm in December. Average Stats for Cancun Weather in December Temperature in Cancun During December Despite it being one of the ‘colder’ months of the year (only January has a cooler average high temperature) you can still expect 23 of the 31 days of December to reach over 80F during the day, although none over 90F. Is it a lot to do for a family with the 7 year old child? Eigenlijk bestaat Cancun uit 2 delen: de stad zelf en de hotelzone die gebouwd is op het eiland Cancun voor de stad. The gorgeous blue turquoise water is irresistible in Cancun, and the weather in december is awesome.The water in the ocean was warmer than the pool but if you check the threads there are tons of places with heated pools in December through March. Average daily temperatures. Cancun Temperatures in December The average high temperature in December is 83 degrees Fahrenheit or about 28 degrees Celsius, according to historical data from the National Water Commission and Mexico Ministry of Tourism. Besides these averages, there are also data on how much a month's precipitation can vary from year to year. That average high makes December the second coolest month of the year after the slightly cooler January. I know it's considered the "coolest" time of year in Cancun, but for the Caribbean cool means low 80s. Temp. Check How Hot & Sunny It Is Before You Book Your Next Holiday in 2021 to Cancun, Mexico - Caribbean Coast Winter usually gets crowded, but it also boasts the near-perfect weather, so don't miss a chance to sunbathe and get lost in the Mayan Jungles. The climate in Cancún during December can be summarized as hot, humid and reasonably dry. We recommend the Moon Palace Cancun Golf and Spa, with its 27-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course. The climate in Cancún during January can be summarized as warm, humid and reasonably dry. There’s 69mm of rain over six days, and you can expect 11 hours of daylight with six hours of sunshine each day. Are there alot of party people down during that time of year? Weather ☀ ⛅ Cancún ☀ ⛅ December ☀ ⛅ Information on temperature, sunshine hours, water temperature & rainfall in December for Cancún. Dry, windy, but plenty warm enough to enjoy outdoor activities. Reizen Dec 11 - Feb 08. Cancun has beaches, resorts, and bars, but there’s also world-class Scuba diving, adventures awaiting in the jungles of Quintana Roo and plenty of Mayan ruins too. Anyone travelled to Cancun on the Sunquest Roulette 5 trip? 23 mm. The resort is family-friendly, and right next to the ocean – in case you fancy a dip after your game. DRY SEASON – November, December, January, February, March, April: The dry season in Cancun is essentially a combination of winter and spring. Cancun is located on the edge of a tropical jungle, so humidity is always present, but January is the least muggy time of the year, especially toward the end of the month. How long on average sun shines in December in Cancún? :), This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. I liked PV but wouldn't return. average. My husband and I are planning a late January trip to Cancun (1/24 - 1/30) and will be staying at Secrets the Vine. We love going early Dec, before the mad rush, and before the prices go up. I liked PV but wouldn't return. Cancun is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Central America for British families and couples alike. Travelling from the UK to Cancun for a holiday... HELP? Cancun Weather in January: January in Cancun is warm, sunny, and dry, with daily highs around 28°C – dropping down to a cooler, comfortable 20°C at night. Combined with the low humidity, it makes the conditions in Cancún comfortable for any kind of outdoor activity. Daytime maximum temperatures average around a muggy 28°C (82°F), whilst at night 18°C (65°F) is normal. It's the one time every year we all get to be together. Families, young and old alike. January is the coldest month in Cancún. My Fiance and I are looking at going to cancun from Dec 27th to Jan 7th for our honeymoon. I'm just curious as to how busy/crowded it will be. If you’re after sun and clear skies then peak season is the best time to go to Cancun, in the dry season between December and May. chance. www.cancunbeachresortcondo.com/cancun-weather. This means that you should be well prepared for just about any type of weather conditions. Visiting Cancun in December is one of the best choices you can do. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-973432', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Cancun with my fiance was in Dec. (the week before Christmas). Weather in Cancun in december 2020. Thanks Thanks for your replies.Is it much more expensive than usual during Christmas time ? Thai Lounge. Located on the eastern coast of Mexico, the resort enjoys a tropical climate, with pleasantly warm weather throughout the year, alongside very distinct wet and dry seasons. December and January are definitely the coolest. Are there alot of party people down during that time of year? Gemaakt door een gebruiker vanaf Mexico. Thanks for the responses. As for the crowd, it is one of the best. Weather in Cancun in December View all deals. Cancun weer, klimaat en beste reistijd: ... Vanaf juni tot en december is er in Cancún kans op orkanen en tropische stormen. Cancun has a tropical climate with high temperates throughout the year, as with most tropical destinations there are both dry and rainy seasons, although even during the wetter months there are usually plenty of hot perfect sunny days and any rainfall usually comes in … Because of rain, it is no surprise that the least popular time to visit Cancun is during September and October. This will be faultless season to hike around the area and explore main attractions. It would have been fun to meet up with you again-maybe next time! The gorgeous blue turquoise water is irresistible in Cancun, and the weather in december is awesome.The water in the ocean was warmer than the pool but if you check the threads there are tons of places with heated pools in December through March. more. We have been to Cancun 18 times and the only month we have never gone is September. We loved it. There were alot of tourists, but not overcrowded. De beste dingen om te doen zijn: Xcaret, Tokkelbaan, Chichen Itza, en Quinta Avenida. Continue your visit to www.tripadvisor.com, Get answers to your questions about Cancun, Cancun Restaurant Trip Advisor Listing and Ratings, Bus, Taxi or Private Driver: Getting around Cancun, Airport Arrival, immigration limits,and hotel tranportation, Replacing a lost immigration form (tourist card). Because if its cold in (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? The weather in Cancun in december comes from statistical datas on the last years. CancunBest time to visit Cancun runs from December through early March. Sitting on the Caribbean Sea, Cancún has high temperatures all year round so you can count on it being nice and warm in December. We see them, and say, "How can we NOT go!!!???" Cancun in January is a bit different than Cancun during the main tourist season (summertime). per month. We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Cancun is a major tourist destination, and since the best time to visit Mexico for Canadians and Americans being the chilly winter months, Cancun’s high season runs from December to April. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. December in Cancun is, essentially, perfect. Consider visiting Cancun in the months of March, April, May, August, for the best beach weather.Also consider one of our other suggestions for January. Get the monthly weather forecast for Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico, including daily high/low, historical averages, to help you plan ahead. End of December/January 81-82 degrees, according to weather.com. The other months are lovely but not as warm, that is for sure. Cancun heeft een goede infrastructuur, ligt in de buurt van een groot aantal bezienswaardigheden (Maya cultuur), ligt aan een prachtige Caribische Zee en heeft een tropisch klimaat met redelijk wat zonuren en hoge temperaturen. See weather overview. The warmest sea in Cancun in December is 28.6°C/83.5°F, and the coldest sea temperature in December is 25.4°C/77.7°F. Are there alot of party people down during that time of year? Thanks There are no discounts. Average water temperature in Cancun in December is 27.5°C/81.5°F and therefore suitable for comfortable swimming. 56 %. Travelling from the UK to Cancun for a holiday... HELP? The average highs in January … December is in the winter in Cancún and is typically the 3rd coldest month of the year. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers’ questions frequently. the weather is beautiful with hardly any rain. Riu Dunamar or other hotels with connecting rooms? Answer 1 of 6: What is the weather like -temperature, rains, etc..in Cancun in the end of December- beginning of January What is the sea water temperature? The three least favorite months are September through November, while the most popular months are December, March, and July followed by January and February. Rain. Deze orkanen kunnen boven het relatief warme zeewater van de Atlantische Oceaan ontstaan. Things stay nice and warm in the evenings, which only cool to 18ºC. Vous pouvez consulter les statistiques météo pour tout le mois, mais aussi en naviguant par les onglets pour le début, le milieu et la fin du mois. I'm slightly worried about the weather, every photograph I see it looks really cloudy! I've been to PV the end of October, early November and the water was freezing in the ocean and it's ugly. January is in the winter in Cancún and is typically the coldest month of the year. Still looking for a last minutre deal for the second week of December though!! We are staying at the Riu Palace Peninsula, any comments on the beach in that area would also be very much appreciated!I love clear skies and sun so hoping to not see many clouds! The average high in Cancún is 28ºC in January, so it’s perfect for escaping the chilly UK weather. Best ATV Tour, Five Ziplines and Cenote Swim with Lunch and Transport Included, All-Inclusive Chichen Itza, Valladolid with Cenote Swim & Mexican Buffet, 3-in-1 Discovery Combo Tour: Tulum Ruins, Reef Snorkeling Plus Cenote and Caves, http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html, CDC Level 4: Very High Level of COVID-19 in Mexico, US passport processing time...late 2020/early 2021. I'm just curious as to how busy/crowded it will be. The weather in Cancun is most often sunny and warm, i.e. I've been to PV the end of October, early November and the water was freezing in the ocean and it's ugly. Is it warm enough to swim in Cancun in December? Though hotel rates do creep back up throughout the month, they have not yet reached their mid-December through mid-January height. Weather reports from December 2019 in Cancún, Quintana Roo, Mexico with highs and lows Cancún at the End of January Despite the gradual decrease in temperatures, the heat is still pleasant during the last ten days of the month. The average high in Cancún is 28ºC in January, so it’s perfect for escaping the chilly UK weather. Is it a lot to do for a family with the 7 year old child? Colour code December 7 to 13: QR remains Yellow, Luxury, Great Beach, Swim Out Room, Adult Only Fun. Weather Forecast Cancun: Weather forecast in December Average temperatures in Cancun in December range from 18°C in the mornings and rise to 28°C in the afternoon. Chances are its freezing back home so you are dying to get away. Departure Tax: Do I have to pay to leave Cancun? I always go over New Years with my folks and my brother. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. Rain still happens this time of year, but … Weather ☀ ⛅ Cancún ☀ ⛅ January ☀ ⛅ Information on temperature, sunshine hours, water temperature & rainfall in January for Cancún. Temperature (°C) 22.7 22.9 24.5 25.9 26.8 27.3 27.5 27.7 27.3 26 Cancun Fishing Charter | Vertical Jigging season| Sport Fishing season Cancun ( Rates Starting $680.00 US ) Cancún’s a great place for you to escape the UK’s chilly winter in December. Best All Adult Singles All Inclusive Resorts in Cancun? Cancun Weather in January - Temperature, Rainfall & Sunshine. Restaurants and Bars for Cancun in December. December is in the winter in Cancún and is typically the 3rd coldest month of the year. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-971330', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');USA and Canada, everyone wants to some down to 82 degree weather. Months with the least sunshine in Cancún are January, September, November and December, with an average of 6h of sunshine. The storms of the summer and fall months have cleared out, meaning you’re far more likely to experience sunny skies. I've been to PV the end of October, early November and the water was freezing in the ocean and it's ugly. • Inspirock Best time is April/May if you want great weather. The other months are lovely but not as warm, that is for sure. Thai Lounge is one of the most popular Asian restaurants in Cancun.Boasting views over the Nichupte Lagoon and the dolphinarium, this eatery serves a selection of dishes, including starters, soups, salads, curries, meat, chicken, seafood and noodles, all of which can be tailored to suit your palate. I keep reading mixed things online, in forums etc. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. Departure Tax: Do I have to pay to leave Cancun? December 2019 Weather in Cancún — Graph °F. We have been to Cancun 18 times and the only month we have never gone is September. Related: What are the most popular tours in Cancun? La météo à Cancún au mois de décembre provient de données statistiques sur les années écoulées. Humidity. Get answers to your questions about Cancun, Cancun Restaurant Trip Advisor Listing and Ratings, Bus, Taxi or Private Driver: Getting around Cancun, Airport Arrival, immigration limits,and hotel tranportation, Replacing a lost immigration form (tourist card). Bezoek Cancun. Answer 1 of 6: What is the weather like -temperature, rains, etc..in Cancun in the end of December- beginning of January What is the sea water temperature? Which hotels would you recommend? January February March April May June July August September October November December; Avg. So try to book now as most hotels sell out way in advance..... it is high season, but less "younger" crowd. In December, the northern trade winds are back to the shore, bringing the dry season. We are trying for early Dec, so I guess we will miss you, but we plan on making it to the Over 30 to see Joe and Karaoke Joe, hopefully, even if we end up in Playa.