I think it is serendipitous that I saw cauliflower ‘rice’ at Trader Joe’s this week. If you have a food processor, it may be easier just to throw a head of cauliflower florets in and chop it up. These recipes are whole food plant based! Stir and serve. Sweet Potato Noodle Bowl with Peanut Sauce, Crushed Lentil Soup (on the stove or Instant Pot), Slow Cooker Thai Yellow Curry (Vegan, Gluten-Free), Slow Cooker Soy Chorizo Chili (Vegan, Gluten-Free), If using frozen edamame, there is no need to thaw beforehand. Note: you can buy pre-packaged cauliflower rice to make this recipe. Add the broccoli and shredded carrots (STEP 1 below) and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mexican Fiesta Cauliflower Rice made with just 5 ingredients and in 2 easy steps. Let Cauliflower cool for a few minutes, then drizzle the bbq sauce and hot sauce, and mix well. =). ~Mary Oliver~ This Sheet-Pan, Vegan Fajita Bowl with Cilantro Cauliflower Rice is low-carb and gluten-free and takes only a few minutes of hands-on time before going into the oven to bake.The veggies are roasted on a sheet pan, or during the warmer months, grilled for extra flavor.. Add chicken for meat-eaters or if you wish, keep it all vegan. This Spicy BBQ Cauliflower Salad Bowl is a medley of exciting textures and bold flavors!, Oven-roasted sweet, spicy and smokey cauliflower on a bed of iceberg, apples pecans, drizzled with … Veggie-Focused. Flavours range from Thai, Asian and Indian to Italian, Spanish and Mexican. https://www.loveandlemons.com/cauliflower-rice-kimchi-bowls Assemble each bowl with half of the arugula, curried cauliflower, … Stir constantly until rice is crispy. I swapped the veggies for broccoli, carrots, and green beans. This recipe looks delicious, need to try it this week since I could use ‘shredding’ a few pounds. In a food processor, add the cauliflower florets, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the cauliflower … Seal the containers and refrigerate until ready to eat. For vegan, use black beans instead of eggs. High Fiber. Dairy Free. 298 calories; protein 15.4g 31% DV; carbohydrates 15g 5% DV; dietary fiber 6.3g 25% DV; sugars 5.2g; fat 19.6g 30% DV; saturated fat 2.8g 14% DV; vitamin a iu 642.9IU 13% DV; vitamin c 52mg 87% DV; folate 34.5mcg 9% DV; calcium 128.9mg 13% DV; iron 2.8mg 16% DV; magnesium 14.8mg 5% DV; potassium 240.8mg 7% DV; sodium 679.8mg 27% DV; thiamin 0mg 4% DV. Remove from heat and add the veggies and sauce (STEP 4). As you may know, we’re doing a whole series on burrito bowls. Inspired by the fare from some of our favorite vegan restaurants, our Riced Cauliflower Bowl is all about simple ingredients, big flavors, and a variety of fascinating textures. Vegan Burrito Bowls with Cauliflower Rice Recipe | EatingWell For the spiced cauliflower rice, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like grains. Past Sarah is writing this as Present Sarah is sitting in a plane on her way back to Europe after what was (probably) three weeks of “offline” Chipotle-eating, Target-shopping deliciousness spent home in the states. Bring a pan to medium heat. 1 recipe Beefless Ground Beef (see associated recipe), 1 (12 ounce) package frozen riced cauliflower, Back to Vegan Burrito Bowls with Cauliflower Rice, © 2020 EatingWell.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Next, in a large saucepan or wok, heat 2 teaspoons of sesame oil over medium heat. =), Your email address will not be published. Pulse until the … It’s as easy as that, and it’s ready to serve. Thanks! 3. This Vegan Cajun Cauliflower Bowl is spicy, tangy, rich, hearty and full of perfectly baked cauliflower that is tender and juicy and has a slight sweet flavor to balance out the spicy cajun spices. Vegan Gluten-free Grain-free Soy-free Recipe . We start with a bed of riced cauliflower, topped with chopped sweet potatoes, red … De-seed and finely slice the bell pepper. Ingredients. =) And yes I agree on the peanut butter. Place the cauliflower chunks into a food processor and blend until finely chopped and rice like, about 1 minute. Then you fry up the veggies in the same pan (I used a wok) and that’s it. Remove cauliflower from oven. Only recently I discovered that I could use cauliflower as more than just a veggie side. For those of you who know me, I love spicy foods. 3 fat, 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 medium-fat protein. Gluten-free Recipes. Make the chorizo eggs: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs with 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, and 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt . 1. Swiss and salami have had their day. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add olive oil. A vegan weeknight dinner of fluffy, textured cauliflower with warm spices from chef Sophia Roe, the host of Counter Space on Vice. YUM. To make ahead: Refrigerate for up to 4 days. No changes. 425F oven. Toast the cumin in a non-stick frying pan in 1 tsp olive oil, add the garlic salt, paprika, oregano and chilli flakes, and fry for a minute before adding the cauliflower rice. dinner / vegan / gluten free This cauliflower rice burrito bowl delivers all the best parts of a Chipotle burrito bowl – fajita veggies, cilantro lime flavor, plenty of black beans and avocado – and … Top each with 1/2 cup Beefless Ground Beef, 1/4 cup each cabbage and avocado, 2 tablespoons pico de gallo (or salsa) and 1 tablespoon cilantro. I generally try to use a little less in the recipe to save on fat/calories, but definitely suggest adding more if you wish! It has never been so easy to customize your dream vegan rice bowl. 2. Trader Joe’s is even on board the cauliflower rice wagon with their Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry. Remove from heat and add the veggies and sauce; stir. 1/2 cup orange cauliflower… Jump to Recipe . Bring a pan to medium heat. SUBSCRIBE TO RECEIVE 6 TIPS FOR STARTING A PLANT-BASED DIET. Add the cauliflower rice, green peas, carrot, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Mexican cauliflower rice is a simple sheet pan dinner with lots of south of the border flavor!Make it a gluten free, low carb recipe using chorizo. ; Place the cauliflower rice in a large bowl. Your email address will not be published. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Heat the avocado oil in a large pan on medium-high heat then add the onion and cook for 2 minutes. I, however, always prefer to use fresh organic cauliflower, as it’s so easy to turn it into ‘rice’ using my food processor. It’s a hearty meal in one bowl with a mixture of tastes & textures in every bite. Cook until the cauliflower is softened, 5-7 minutes, flipping occasionally with a spatula. For the spiced cauliflower rice, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it looks like grains. We use frozen cauliflower rice, a low-carb substitute for white or brown rice, to cut down on prep time. A simple citrusy mojo sauce drizzled on top gives this easy lunch or dinner a Cuban flair. Mexican cauliflower rice is the perfect keto base for a bowl, or a healthy, gluten free side dish. I used Penzey's Taco seasoning on the rice. Hey Kim I also bought the cauliflower rice at Trader Joe’s and it was good the first day, but spoiled VERY quickly! Low Carb Vegan. Brown rice bowl with roasted cauliflower & hummus. Dairy Free. Remove the stem from the cauliflower and cut the cauliflower head into four or five sections. No Refined Sugar. My only complaint is the meatless ground beef isn't linked. I would downsize or completely scrap the rice vinegar. Cauliflower rice is also a great option if you’re looking to cut carbs, and it’s also loaded with fiber, vitamins C, and B6 and potassium. FOR THE CAULIFLOWER. Stir constantly until rice is crispy. ... 270 calories / serving Gluten Free. Try one of these: If you try this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your photo with #veggie__chick on Instagram. The bowl is oil-free, dairy-free and totally plant-based! Roast the Cauliflower: Toss Cauliflower with olive oil, salt and spices in a large bowl, and place in a single layer, on parchement-lined sheet pans ( you may need two. Stir (STEP 5). It has never been so easy to customize your dream vegan rice bowl. They are simple, healthy, cozy, satisfying, packed … Keep some room in your heart for the unimaginable. I hope to inspire you with delicious plant-based recipes and wellness tips. Cook, stirring often, until the cauliflower is tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Spicy cauliflower and rice bowl I wanted to find a new recipe for cauliflower. Thanks for posting this recipe! If making rice or quinoa, cook it according to directions first. While the cauliflower is cooking, prepare the rice mixture. Top it with some Crispy Sesame Tofu or Air Fryer Tofu for a fuller meal. Pulse until the texture is coarse resembling rice, about 20-30 seconds. Notify me of follow up comments via e-mail. Cauliflower Rice Buddha Bowl My new Cauliflower Rice Buddha Bowl is similar to traditional Buddha bowls but with a low carb twist. When added to the. Some days I want a good easy meal but don’t want to cook something elaborate unless also making for the blog. This cauliflower rice burrito bowl delivers all the best parts of a Chipotle burrito bowl – fajita veggies, cilantro lime flavor, plenty of black beans and avocado – and skips the worst part (aka the food coma that comes when you’re done). A healthy & tasty vegan dinner! Prep Time: 20 mins. For distinct bits of cauliflower that won’t turn into mush once they’re cooked, don’t overcrowd the bowl of your food processor. Jul 11, 2017 - Super delicious and flavour-packed Cauliflower Rice Bowls with crispy cinnamon sweet potatoes & creamy, garlicky avocado mash! Vegan Gluten-free (when ordered without pita bread) Whole30 Approved (when ordered without pita bread) ... Cauliflower Rice. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. These are cauliflower rice bowls that are dairy-free, low carb, paleo, whole30, vegan, and keto-friendly! Make them early in the week for grab-and-go meals when days are busy. Add the remaining rice ingredients … Mexican Fiesta Cauliflower Rice made with just 5 ingredients and in 2 easy steps. ; Repeat for each section of the cauliflower. Cook Time: 30 mins. Served with rice, … In order to get the cauliflower into a rice-like consistency, all you have to do is chop it up in the food processor in a couple batches and fry it up with a little coconut oil, tamari (or soy sauce), garlic and fresh lime juice. Add in the carrots and sauté until tender, about 2 minutes. Total Time: 50 mins. We use frozen cauliflower rice, a low-carb substitute for white or brown rice, to cut down on prep time. Divide the cauliflower among 4 single-serving containers with lids. Cut the bell pepper in half and place on the same sheet pan open side down. These meal-prep vegan burrito bowls are healthier and more flavorful than takeout. When the oil is hot, add the cauliflower. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Place Quinoa powerblend and 1.5 cups of water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. (don’t over pulse!) Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Prepare Beefless Ground Beef as directed. https://www.loveandlemons.com/cauliflower-rice-kimchi-bowls Place ingredients into pan. Update Notes: This post was originally published in April 2016, but was republished in December of 2019 with new photos, tips and FAQs.