of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. 1. Toss the potatoes and vegetables with oil, salt and pepper, then slide the whole thing in the oven and walk away. The photo shown shows skin off and seasoned but the recipe calls for skin on. How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs Step One: Prepare Chicken and Vegetables. No broil because there isn’t any skin to crisp. Then I poured all the juices and browned fat bits onto the vegetables, and baked the chicken thighs on top for 30 minutes and it was PERFECT. I made with no changes. Then add the Brussel sprouts and drizzle with 2 Tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. This was amazing! This will Now be a regular on my rotation for a simple meal that will have leftovers and lunches for days to come. It clearly wouldn’t turn out the same, the veg wouldn’t be able to roast in either the IP or slow cooker so you wouldn’t get the crispier edges, but I think it could still be tasty. Everything I’ve seen shows that fat count is much higher. Nov 4, 2019 - Baked Chicken Thighs with Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato, a quick and easy one-pot chicken dinner for a chilly, fall night. Baked Chicken thighs with a flavorful garlic, lemon and dijon marinade with brussel sprouts that baste in the scrumptious pan drippings. . On a second rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, Brussels sprouts, rosemary, lemon slices, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. It’s cooking now and I’m looking forward to eating it, but it’s more points than I was planning on tonight! Gina, you’ve done it again!!! Toss halved Brussels sprouts with 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves, pinch of salt, pepper and paprika and add to sheet pan. You could probably make this with boneless skinless thighs and would be just as good (but without the crispy skin) but likely would need less time in the oven. I made this yesterday and it was a huge win! So perfect for this time of year! Also made it in my Dutch oven since that’s all I had. Yum!! Hi Cara. I will make this again. Prepare vegetables and place in bowl, add salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and olive oil and combine. Even my husband, who doesn’t like Brussels Sprouts or sweet potatoes, loved it. The photo shows the skin side down for the first part of cooking, With the skin on it makes the chicken moist and not dried out. I’m using boneless/skinless also and came here to see if anyone else thought putting the veggies in first would work out better since the chicken will cook quicker. I have been a long time follower of Skinny Taste and Gina’s recipes are always sooo good! It was good! Made this for dinner tonight. All Right Reserved. Cook until chicken skin is golden and crisp and lemons are charred, about 10 minutes. The chicken would def take less time but the rest still needs the same so it’s hard to say without testing. Top with chicken in a … but leaving the skin on was so worth it. Arrange potato mixture on either side of chicken. A few other modifications: I did not half the Brussels sprouts. I also used boneless/skinless thighs, which were fully cooked before the sweet potato was quite done. The chicken skin browned perfectly, and I didn’t need to do anything additional. Did a teaspoon total of Tuscan olive oil since no skin, and all else as listed and baked with the lid on. Discard all but 1 1/2 tablespoons bacon fat from the pan. Next time, I may use a pan that’s even larger but more shallow so the veggies can crisp up. Really easy and delicious!!!! I loved this but my husband felt the Brussels Sprouts were too soft so I might roast those separately next time. If not using small baby potatoes, cut potatoes into 1 to 1 ½ inch chunks. I love that it’s a one pot meal. I cooked the potatoes and sprouts without the chicken for 30 minutes. The only change I would make is to cut the sweet potatoes a little smaller. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. So many flavors and so easy to make! Going into regular rotation. Can this be made with boneless chicken breasts? It did not disappoint!! Would this work with broccoli instead of Brussel sprouts? Sprinkle vegetables with remaining 1 teaspoon salt. I used purchased cubed butternut squash but I think the chunks were too small for this (3/4” or so chunks). Not always possible, but it’s the only thing that keeps them from steaming. Still, it’s worth it so I don’t shy away from it. I did not make an adjustments. This easy sheet-pan recipe brings together many fall favorites into a hearty dinner. Can this be made with boneless chicken thighs? Why are we only allowed 1/4 cup vegetables? Place sheet pan on middle rack and roast for 20 minutes, turning the potatoes and Brussels sprouts 1x. Sprinkle bacon over everything then roast in preheated oven 15 minutes. If not everyone is on a diet you will want to increase the recipe by about half including the maple syrup glaze. My 2 1/2 year old ate a whole thigh, the sweet potatoes, and licked a brussel sprout so definitely a win in my book!! I will make it again soon, great for fall and winter. … Made this is even and received compliments from everyone, delicious. I tried this the other night and it was simple and good. I love cooking this dish because it’s so simple. https://www.mygorgeousrecipes.com/roasted-brussel-sprouts-with-bacon I patted the points by a couple because it seems too good to be true. Add lemon halves, cut sides down, to skillet. Just put everything in and it’s done! On a second rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, Brussels sprouts, rosemary, lemon slices, oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Chicken Thighs with Artichoke Hearts and Feta Cheese, Air Fryer Asian-Glazed Boneless Chicken Thighs, Embarrassingly Easy Crock Pot Salsa Chicken Thighs, Pollo in Potacchio (Italian Braised Chicken), Skillet Sweet Potato Chicken Hash with Eggs. Spread the sweet potatoes out evenly on a … It will now be one of my go to recipes. Roast 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes … Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, Trader Joe’s Just Spilled Details About 9 Products Coming to Stores This Holiday Season, Hot Cocoa “Charcuterie” Boards Are Our Favorite New Holiday Trend, Nutrition To make Sheet-Pan Chicken & Brussels Sprouts, you will need the following ingredients: ... Add the Brussels sprouts to the sweet potatoes on the same baking sheet. The rosemary really added a nice flavor to the dish. Arrange vegetables around chicken. I broiled the dish for 2 mins after baking for 60 and the skin on the chicken was nice and crispy while the meat was tender and moist. This was excellent — easy to make and tasted so so good. Made this for the first time and  wow, so simple yet so full of flavour. I used Herb de Provence to season my vegetables and chicken and a squeeze of lemon on top. Maybe next time I’ll add them in when I turn over my thighs. This recipe was AMAZING! Awesome! 2. The only comment is to add more seasoning to your liking. Place the chicken back in the dish skin side up and cook until the chicken skin is browned and the vegetables are roasted and tender, about 30 to 35 minutes more. Thank you for the great recipe, as always! This had so much flavor and smelled amazing while cooking. Use half the … I used a rectangle dish (it really doesn’t matter what you use!) Jump to the recipe Or will that make the vegetables mushy? Thanks! Yum! Everyone loved it . In the same medium bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, onion, and bacon; drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss well. Add plenty of veggies and flip the chicken! In another bowl combine sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts and onion and toss with remaining balsamic mixture until evenly coated. Then place back in the oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. But, you definitely want to leave the skin on the when you cook this one. It shouldn’t be too surprising, if you think about how many points a skin on chicken thigh is (approx 8 per thigh)and sweet potatoes are (3 pts per 1/2 cup cooked). I do add a bell pepper, onion, carrots, several cloves of garlic in addition to the sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts. This one was ok. I used skinless, boneless chicken thighs instead and browned them first. It has become my go to weekday meal. Drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil then toss to evenly coat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Place the Brussels sprouts and potatoes in the center or large sheet pan. Could you make this with another type of vegetable instead of Brussels? The chicken came out crispy and the vegetables were perfect! One pan recipes seem to be taking over the internet whether they are main course meat and vegetable combos you pop into the oven, or one-pot pasta dishes where everything including the pasta and sauce are cooked in … Step 3 Roast the chicken on the top rack until an … The chicken was crazy goid as were the Sweet Potatoes! 1 lb Chicken Thighs; 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved; 10 oz Cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets; 2 Sweet Potatoes, cubed; Olive oil, 1/2 cup (or any other cooking oil of choice) Garlic powder, as desired; Salt and pepper, as desired; Cayenne pepper, optional; Instructions The picture shows skinless chicken thighs but the recipe says bone-in with skin. Clean up is a breeze, too. try butternut squash instead of sweet potato and remove skin on chicken. This one-pot chicken dish is perfect for the cooler weather. The link to relish doesn’t seem to be working. Three words…. Delish!!! It was fantastic. The veggies were nicely roasted—not too soft as some mentioned. Can it be covered with foil to keep the chicken juicy? Gina is usually spot on with the nutirtional counts, but I can’t find anything in the nutrition databases that have a chicken thigh with skin coming in with 45g protein and 8.5 g fat. Would boneless skinless chicken thighs work if that’s all you have on hand? One serving is enough for someone on a diet but not enough for someone who is active and at the proper weight. Spread into an even layer. Glad to know that it worked! Let them marinate in the bbq … In a large bowl, toss 1 pound of sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and ¼ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. This one is added to our family rotation. Your opinion? Arrange chicken breasts, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts on a greased baking sheet. I made it 3 times now. I made this for me and hubby it was so good. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. It’s satisfying and full of wonderful flavor. Mix well. Thank you for all your easy, delicious meals! Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper then toss to coat. Place sweet potato, Brussels sprouts, apples and shallot on an 18 by 13-inch rimmed baking sheet. In a large bowl combine sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Seal the bag and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour. Yum! Let me preface this by saying that of the dozens of recipes from Gina, my family and I have loved them all. Toss in the sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts and garlic and stir to coat, letting cook for about 5 minutes. The meat fell right off the bone and was so tender. I’m trying t determine the depth of your dish. SO delicious! How would you adjust the cooking time if using boneless skinless chicken thighs? Clean up was a snap. Set chicken thighs over veggie/apple layer. Larry. Once chopped, place the Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, onion, and apple on a large, rimmed baking sheet. The veggies and orange sauce had great flavor, but the chicken was just okay. Learn our secrets to marinating chicken and how to trim brussel sprouts. Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here. Looks like it’s 1 plus 1/4 cups of veggies! It was easy and  tasty and I loved the flavour of the chicken and brussel sprouts never tasted so good. Help! and a rotisserie chicken seasoning. Add sweet potatoes, and cook 2 minutes. This simple chicken recipe will become a family favorite. I mixed Brussels sprouts with maple syrup and red pepper flakes. Chicken thigh with skin I think is around 8 points and then the sweet potatoes, 2 points. Top with chicken in a single layer. Place potatoes and brussels sprouts in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. And by everything I mean sweet potatoes, apples, pecans, Brussels sprouts, and the delicious bacon and onions you fried and the crispy-skinned chicken. Place the chicken thighs in a resealable plastic bag. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into chunks, then trim the brussels sprouts and remove the first … Roasted Brussels sprouts and chicken thighs are a match we go back to over and over again in the Test Kitchen. I do not plan to eat it. Oofta. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine maple syrup, 1 tsp. I made this with a few changes. Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here. On the photo it seems you removed the skin before going in the oven? Question: are the calories here calculated after or before removing skin? Set aside. Stir to coat vegetables in oil. Would cook time change in dutch oven with chicken legs? The brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes cooked in the drippings from the chicken skin and just made them taste incredible. The skin-on bone-in thighs were so juicy and added a ton of flavor to the veggies since they baked on top and the drippings incorporated. Done. With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate (I simply laid another paper towel on top of the plate with the chicken, then stacked the bacon on that). Add the chicken and toss well. The flavors of the dressing create a great flavor that becomes slightly sweet when roasted. If so which one would you recommend? This one pot dish was delicious. So delicious! Absolutely delicious. Sprinkle with remaining spice mixture and toss well. It’s nice to cook all your dinner in one dish and it’s done. If not using small baby potatoes, cut potatoes into 1 to 1 ½ inch chunks. I made this tonight with skinless, boneless thighs. Prepare vegetables and place in bowl, add salt, pepper, garlic, thyme and olive oil and combine. Is your oval baking dish a crockpot crock? Usually use a Dutch oven and it comes out wonderfully! Some other simple one-dish meals that you might want to try are Sheet Pan Balsamic-Herb Chicken and Vegetables and One Pan Roasted Potatoes, Sausage and Peppers. I was curious if anyone has tried it with pressure cooker? Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Chicken and Sweet Potatoes–chicken, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts drizzled with a sauce made with maple syrup, dijon mustard, rosemary and olive oil. Cut Brussels sprouts in half. Flip chicken, and continue cooking until golden on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes. Pin this recipe for later! How to Make Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs Step One: Prepare Chicken and Vegetables. Added diced prosciutto to veggies. I spooned about 1/4 cup chicken stock over everything and covered it for the last 10 minutes. Offers may be subject to change without notice. Thanks! Perfect timing for this recipe since just yesterday I purchased bone in chicken thighs. of the salt, and 1/4 tsp. oil and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 tsp. Transfer chicken to baking sheet with lemons. It’s cause thre sweet potatoes aren’t considered a veggie. 2 vegetable, 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 other carb, 3 1/2 lean meat, 1 1/2 fat. Increase skillet heat back to medium high. Place the sweet potatoes on one side and the Brussels sprouts on the other. I’m making mine in a Dutch oven. I also added a little Italian seasoning to the veggies. Roasted vegetables need to be placed in a single layer and preferably not touching. Think I’ll skin the chicken (leave on the bone) and substitute butternut squash for the sweep potato to save on points. Hi Gina! This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. 1 lb Chicken Thighs; 1 lb Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved; 10 oz Cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets; 2 Sweet Potatoes, cubed; Olive oil, 1/2 cup (or any other cooking oil of choice) Garlic powder, as desired; Salt and pepper, as desired; Cayenne pepper, optional; Instructions The best part about this recipe for me is that you can make it the same way using a whole, spatchcocked chicken. Add the brussels sprouts mixture to the pan with the sweet potatoes and toss to distribute. Flavourful, filling and easy to throw together after a long day at work. Turmeric Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Baked sweet potatoes are even better when paired with chicken and seasoned with golden turmeric, ginger and lemon juice. Slow Cooker Maple Dijon Chicken and Sweet Potatoes–chicken, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts drizzled with a sauce made with maple syrup, dijon mustard, rosemary and olive oil. Swiss and salami have had their day. Season both sides of the chicken with 1 teaspoon salt, garlic powder … I use many of your recipes, love them all, this one is in my top 10! In a small mix together thyme, oregano, basil, melted butter and garlic. I’m wondering about the fat and protein calculations. Anyone else run into this issue? 4. I would prefer skin off but I don’t think that should make a difference. I can’t wait to make this recipe! In the same bowl, whisk the olive oil, mustard, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. How do you keep the sweet potatoes from browning if you cut earlier in the day? Bake 30 minutes, set the chicken aside and stir the vegetables. Baked Chicken Thighs with Brussels and Sweet Potato. We just love this easy sheet pan chicken and brussels sprouts recipe! We LOVE garlic in this household. On a large rimmed sheet pan, scatter the Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, and onion. Most simply wear buffed nails. This is yummy and spotter easy to make. Can’t wait to make it again. I baked this in a 5 quart Dutch oven, for 65 total minutes. I just switched to weight watchers for keto last week and found this site. Optional, broil 2 to 3 minutes for crisper skin. It was so easy to make. All of it together in one happy place. Vegetables are zero points. I loved the taste that the chicken infused in the veggies, but the veggies were a bit mushy for my liking. Caramelized sweet potatoes and shallots are the bed for roasted chicken thighs and legs that come together in this one-pot healthy chicken dinner. Love this recipe! I tried doing it separately once and both parts were dry. So, when it comes time to cook dinner, all I have to do is assemble and season the ingredients on the pan. Transfer lemons to a rimmed baking sheet. Add sweet potatoes, apples, Brussels sprouts, and shallots to a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tbsp. Arrange chicken, meaty sides down, in center of pan. I use bone in chicken thighs from Trader Joe’s which are huge and gives plenty of fat to help the veggies cook. Hint: Respected chefs don't wear colored nail polish. Less mess too! Cook until charred, about 5 minutes. One Pan Roasted Potatoes, Sausage and Peppers. Simple seasonings bring out the nautral flavors of the veggies. The chicken was nowhere near having a golden skin after an hour, so I had to stick them under the broiler for 3 minutes. If the … Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine maple syrup, 1 tsp. It's an all … I made this tonight, fantastic!!!!! This was so flavorful and amazingly easy to put together. Such a delicious and easy Fall meal. Would the cool time be different? Your Sheet Pan Chicken with Brussel Sprouts Carrots and Potatoes will be a hit with the family for sure…..a definitely addition to your weekly dinner rotation. Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 30 to … Remove pan from oven and coat with cooking spray. Pour two-thirds of the balsamic mixture over the chicken to coat. Place the chicken, brussel sprouts, carrots, onion, potatoes and dressing in a bowl. So so good. I only had boneless, skinless chicken thighs, so I added 4 pieces of uncooked bacon between the veggies and the chicken…so good! This will definitely be a go-to weeknight meal. Roast 15 minutes more or until chicken is done (at least 175 degrees F) and potatoes are tender. I made this for dinner last night and it was a hit! You can switch out the sweet potatoes with butternut squash, baby red potatoes or another healthy autumn vegetable. Thanks for you help. What you did is exactly what I am doing. I used fresh broccoli and followed the instructions the same. The perfect weeknight evening meal. Sheet Pan Balsamic-Herb Chicken and Vegetables. Baked Chicken, one pot chicken and sweet potatoes, one pot chicken dinner, sweet potatoes, whole30. Super easy way to impress people. Oh my goodness this was so delicious! This was amazing. Caramelized sweet potatoes and shallots are the bed for roasted chicken thighs and legs that come together in this one-pot healthy chicken dinner. I don’t add any oil. This would work well for a Sunday supper or weeknight, if you have the hour for roasting time. Seal the bag and place it in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour. I can hardly wait to try the recipe, it looks easy and yummy. I would use bone-in. The sweet potatoes are a healthy carb with more fiber than regular potatoes and are slightly lower on the glycemic index. of the pepper. I love how versatile this is, I’m already planning on making this again, maybe with white potatoes next time. A complete meal and very filling. I was amazed with the crispy skin on the thighs and super flavor of the dish. Sheet-Pan Coriander Chicken With Caramelized Brussels Sprouts Just cook until the veggies are soft and chicken is done! How about mini red or fingerling potatoes instead of sweet?