Milk powder burfi is very easy to put together and can be made in a few minutes. Overcooking the mixture will result into chewy burfi. Traditionally, this is made with milk and sugar, by cooking them until the milk solids caramelize. Double Decker Milk Powder Burfi, a two layer burfi made from the milk powder, here one layer is vanilla flavor and another one is chocolate flavor. Let the butter melt and mix with the milk. After the ghee is melted, add milk in it and stir well. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. So keep stirring until it cools and poured into the tray. As I said b4 sugar syrup is very important to get the burfi. Also grease and line a square pan/tin with parchement paper. My recipe here calls for milk powder. Pour half into a greased plate and spread evenly after a few minutes. Add some kesar milk and make Kesar Milk Powder Burfi. Add in powdered sugar and mix for few seconds. It takes about 5-7 minutes for the mixture to thicken. This year too, I wanted to make one simple recipe that doesn’t consume time at all and can be made in a jiffy, this double decker milk burfi ticks all boxes. This milk powder chocolate barfi (or you may also spell it as barfee or burfi), is the latest addition to our list of chocolaty sweets. Mixed Chopped Nuts – although totally optional, adding finely chopped pistachios or almonds on top makes the milk powder chocolate burfi richer and all the more delicious. After 10 minutes, it will start leaving edges and form like a dough. As this instant milk burfi sweet is made using milk powder, fresh milk & ghee – it is better to store it in an airtight container in fridge for upto a week or 10 days. Milk Powder – As the recipe name suggests, this quick sweet requires store-bought milk powder. Mix it together without any lumps and add 2 tbsp Chocolate Chips. Sprinkle the nuts and desiccated coconuts to this evenly. Just be a little careful while making this barfi, as you need to cook this barfi mixture on a low flame stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. Chocolate burfi recipe makes delicious two layered burfi of mawa and chocolate. Can we use condensed milk?instead of milk. Milk Powder Burfi | Milk Powder Chocolate Burfi, 1 cup = 250ml, 1 tbsp = 15ml, 1 tsp = 5ml, Godhuma Rava Upma | Andhra Style Wheat Rava Upma ». My today’s recipe is devoted to all my dear brothers. It is infused with cocoa powder and khoya. 3. In making this recipe with milk powder, it cuts short the whole cooking time without compromising on the taste or texture. That is where you need to take 3/4 of the khova and pour it in greased plate and add cocoa powder to the 1/4 khova and mix well and add it on top of the spreaded khova in tray. Chocolate; Dips and Spreads; Milk Powder Burfi – Instant 10 Minute Burfi. A perfect sweet to make on Diwali, Holi, Navratri or any special occasion! Just be a little careful while making this barfi, as you need to cook this barfi mixture on a low flame stirring continuously to avoid any lumps. Stir continuously till thick. Add milk powder to the pan and mix till it's well combined. Chocolate barfi uses milk powder and cocoa powder, these children like it very much. Inspired by the Indian burfi, these Burfi Truffles are made with milk powder and dipped in dark chocolate, white chocolate and make the perfect festive treat! It will form like a dough. Double Decker Milk Burfi made with milk powder, quick and easy recipe for any celebration. Once ghee leaves the sides. Add milk powder, cocoa powder and mix well. To celebrate the festival of Rakshabhandan I have prepared Chocolate Milkpowder Burfi. We'll assume you're okay with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Procedure: For The White Burfi Layer: In a heavy bottomed pan add milk and butter and heat. Spoon this into the greased pan and smooth the edges. For the burfi layer: 180g full-fat milk powder 1 x 397g tin sweetened condensed milk Pinch of ground cardamom (seeds from about 3 pods, crushed) For the cookie dough layer: 70g unsalted butter, softened 120g soft brown sugar 160g plain … In a bowl take cooking dark chocolate compound. Milk-1/3 cup. 3. Vanilla adds great flavour to this. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. Yes you can definitely use condensed milk in place of regular milk. Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for 2 … Pour the mixture on top of the set milk layer. Also its mostly a special dessert for all chocolate lovers. Indeed, you can also buy mawa in many South Asian food shops. It is two layered burfi recipe, bottom layer is plain white burfi while the top layer is cocoa flavored chocolate burfi. desiccated, unsweetened coconut or roughly 2 fresh coconuts, grated. When the mixture thickens, add cocoa powder and mix well. How to make Burfi with milk powder. keeping the flame on low add in 2½ cup milk powder. Ingredients: Ingredients For white layer 1 ½ cup Milk Powder ¾ cup Powder Sugar 1-2 tsp Ghee/1-2 tbsp Unsalted Butter ¼ cup Milk Pinch of Cardamom Powder For chocolate layer 1 ½ cup Milk Powder ¾ Powder Sugar ¼ cup Milk 1-2 tsp Ghee/1-2 tbsp Unsalted Butter 2-3 tbsp Cocoa Powder Other … I wish them a very “Happy Rakshabhandan”. https://www.cookshideout.com/chocolate-peda-using-ricotta-cheese-recipe It is a two layer sweet. https://nairobikitchen.blogspot.com/2018/11/chocolate-burfi.html While stirring continuously, add milk powder in 3 batches. Using the greased silicon spatula, level and smoothen it to desired thickness. After 5-6 minutes, it will start getting thicker. Double Decker Milk Powder Chocolate Burfi. also add ½ cup sugar. Milk based sweets are quite popular across sweet shops all over India and in South Indian states, it is common to find two layered milk burfi or milk cake in every sweet stall. It is a simple recipe and does not require too many ingredients. https://maunikagowardhan.co.uk/cook-in-a-curry/spiced-chocolate-barfi Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Follow steps 4-7 of the basic recipe. Chocolate burfi, a two layered Indian fudge made with milk powder, chocolate chips and few other simple ingredients. Ingredients. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Mix well. Let it cool down. Milk based sweets are quite popular across sweet shops all over India and in South Indian states, it is common to find two layered milk burfi or milk cake in every sweet stall. you could increase the flame … These cookies do not store any personal information. Why buy store sweet when you can prepare this quick treat for your brothers! The Burfi was delicious!! If you don’t have then you can add powdered elachi. Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. I am Ramya, the face and voice behind Cooking from Heart :) I was born in Andhra Pradesh, brought up in Chennai and currently living in Bangalore. Make sure there are no lumps when mixing the milk powder with rest of the ingredients. Cocoa Powder & Chocolate Chips – For the chocolate milk burfi, we use cocoa powder and chocolate chips that provide the beautiful rich brown color and chocolate flavor without overpowering the whole sweet. Do not let the mixture cool without stirring as it will not be smooth later. When it is slightly warm, garnish with 2 tbsp of chopped pistachios & almonds each. Once it comes together, add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder mixture and 1 cup milk powder. The whole milk mixture should start leaving the sides of the pan without sticking. 2.Once it dissolves completely and when it starts boiling lower the flame and add the milk powder,cocoa powder and butter or ghee and mix well. Remove from heat and pour into a greased & lined tin. Learn how to make easiest Deepavali sweet – Milk Powder Burfi recipe with step by step pictures. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The only thing to know is to when to stop cooking the mixture. Keep a greased plate ready and put the mixture into it and spread it evenly on the plate. Thank you for going through the recipe. Cook on low flame until the mixture comes together and leaves the sides of the pan. Using a sharp knife, cut into squares, diamonds or rectangles of desired size. How to Make Cookie Dough Chocolate Burfi in the Microwave Makes 24 pieces. Step 2 of 4. Learn how your comment data is processed. This milk powder chocolate barfi (or you may also spell it as barfee or burfi), is the latest addition to our list of chocolaty sweets. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Heat a non-stick pan on low heat and melt ghee on it. You speed up the process after adding the powder and also let the measurements be perfect It's my long term wish to make this kind of double layer burfi, after few disasters, finally nailed this recipe and i was so glad that it turned out so delicious and i can make pieces without any fuss like my earlier attempt. Coconut burfi: You will need approximately 500 gm. Follow Cooking From My Heart on WordPress.com. One layer has coconut flavor and other has the chocolate flavor. This is a perfect sweet for diwali. Traditionally, this is made with milk and sugar, by cooking them until the milk solids caramelize. It takes only about 4-5 mins after adding the sugar for the whole mixture to solidify and come together. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Burfi/barfi is the traditional Indian dessert. Whisk them well making sure they are well blended. First powder 1/4 cup of sugar and keep aside. Now add sugar powder to this mixture and mix well. During the festival time, the shopkeeper always has to work under pressure to fulfill the demand, hence many of them cannot maintain the hygiene level and purity in making those sweets. Once it melts completely, add room temperature milk and let it cook for couple of minutes. Pour half into a greased plate and spread evenly after a few minutes. Heat the butter or ghee over a low heat for a couple of minutes, stir in the nutmeg and pistachio and toast for a few minutes. Set it in fridge for an hour and remove it from the tin. I have a video of this chocolate burfi for 5 cup measurement in my youtube channel. The sweets from the shops look tempting, but are they made with pure products and under hygienic conditions? Powder 1/3 cup sugar and set aside. Put it on a low heat and mix well. Add the cream mixture and the condensed milk; the mixture will be solid to start with and will soften as you continue to heat it. 1. After the barfi is ready, there is garnishing of silver varq, pistachios, and almonds on it, which is exactly like a sweet shop. add more sugar if required. Barfi or burfi is a milk based sweet typically made with khoya, milk powder or by reducing milk. Add the chocolate to the condensed milk, whisk well to mix it properly. This Instant Chocolate Barfi from Milk Powder is going to remind you Indian sweet shop. Measure the sugar but powder it before adding it. I left it at room temperature to cool down before cutting but leaving it to set in fridge worked out very easily. Very easy recipe. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. We celebrate different festivals with different sweets. #chocolatebarfi #milkpowderbarfirecipe #piyaskitchen Today's recipe is a tasty, healthy and simple "CHOCOLATE BARFI" with only 3 ingredients . CLICK HERE to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more such yummy recipes. Also grease and line a square pan/tin with parchment paper. More sugar = longer to come together. A very quick Indian Sweet made from Khoya, modified and made from Milk Powder. Double Decker Milk Powder Chocolate Burfi. Chocolate Shakkarpara. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Mix it evenly so no lumps remain. We have garnished the barfi with chopped pistachios. To a pan add butter and 1/4 cup milk on medium heat. Take one part in the pan and add desiccated coconut into it. Last year I made Kalakand using condensed milk and grated paneer which comes together very quickly. till it comes together. The mixture will come together and form a dough. Quick and easy burfi done in microwave. When the butter melts, add the milk powder and whisk well to make a lump free mixture. Add cocoa … Add powdered sugar and mix… Cocoa powder imparts the chocolate flavour, whereas khoya provides the richness to the sweet. cocoa powder in 1 tsp. and are they preservative free? Or simply take your Burfi to give it a modern look by trying out this Milk Powder Burfi Bars. It should take about 6-7 mins. Stir continuously till thick. Using castor sugar directly in this recipe doesn’t work too well as the sugar takes longer to dissolve and cook. A perfect sweet to make on Diwali, Holi, Navratri or any special occasion! Some people want to make them at home while others prefer to buy from outside as they are short of time. They are economical too. Ingredients ⅔ cup ghee (or use melted butter), plus more for greasing the pan 1 tablespoon cocoa powder ⅔ cup sugar 2 cups sweetened condensed milk (a little less … These questions always make me think before buying them. a simple and easy burfi recipe or milk powder fudge recipe prepared with just 4 ingredients including milk powder, milk, ghee and sugar. First powder 1/4 cup of sugar and keep aside. Chocolate flavor is achieved by the use of cocoa powder. Chocolate is loved by all age groups and hence have made this chocolate Milk Powder which can be enjoyed by everyone at home. milk powder burfi recipe | milk powder barfi | milk powder recipes with detailed photo and video recipe. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Chocolate burfi is a variation of the original milk-based one. When the koya gets warm, add sugar, cardamom powder rose water. Add 3-4 tbsp of cocoa powder to make Chocolate Milk Powder Burfi. Learn how your comment data is processed. Heat ghee in nonstick pan. Trust me when I say this tastes absolutely divine just like the ones that we get in Halwai or sweet shop back in India. Double Decker Milk Powder Burfi, a two layer burfi made from the milk powder, here one layer is vanilla flavor and another one is chocolate flavor. In a butter greased plate transfer this mixture and flatten this. But know that the cooking time varies depending on the sugar quantity used. If you have any questions, you can e-mail me! Burfi is an Indian sweet treat often served and gifted during Diwali and other festivals--or whenever one has a craving. Once the mixture starts leaving the sides of the pan, remove from heat. Fellow chocolate burfi monsters, I dedicate this one to you. Add 1 cup Milk powder and mix well quickly without any lumps. With normal milk, allow it to boil and when 3/4th quantity is reduced, then add sugar and keep stirring till we get a palgova consistency. You can make only vanilla or only chocolate too. Can we use condensed milk instead of normal milk? Cook for a minute or so. Put the cocoa mixture over the coconut layer and spread it evenly over it. Milk Barfi or Milk Powder Burfi is a super delicious, easy to make, melt in mouth Indian sweet or fudge recipe prepared using 5 ingredients in less than 30 minutes. This enhances the taste and also make the sweet taste if it is made from whole real milk. Chocolate burfi recipe makes delicious two layered burfi of mawa and chocolate. Let the butter melt and then add the milk powder. Add in milk and mix well. In Chocolate Barfi, I have made two layers, a white layer and a dark brown layer with the addition of cocoa powder. Adjust sweetness as per preference. My food is an amalgamation of the different exposures I have had in my life. Cook it on low flame until it leaves the sides of the pan. The whole milk mixture should start leaving the sides of the pan without sticking. I would be delighted to know if you have tried this recipe, don’t forget to share your feedback and comments below. Trust me when I say this …