Cortex plugs are made from the same AZEK for PVC trim material. And, you can just hope and pray that none of the other screws in that board are stripped out from the squared headed suckage that Cortex is all about. Home / Fasteners / Screw and Plug Fasteners / Cortex® Screws / Cortex® for Azek® Decking. 2-1/2″ screws with plugs, for face-screwing TimberTech® decking with matching plugs for concealing screw holes. Cortex is available from … These are designed for use with Simpson Strong-Tie DCU composite screws and the Auto-Set driver bit for a complete hidden fasteners … Save time, money, and labor costs with Cortex fasteners for AZEK Trim. I could only explain the process since I had no one to film me. $19.99. Skip to main content.sg. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. The Cortex System is designed to offer ultimate long term performance. After the screw is installed just place the provided plugs … Easy to install, Cortex screws work with a special driving tip that automatically places the screw at … No, AZEK … Free shipping. Contains: 75 2" star drive Screws, 100 plugs, and 1 setting tool. If you choose to paint, use 100% acrylic latex paint with an LRV of 55 or higher. Prime. Review (mpn: FMCTXT-AZ50TD for sale) FMCTXT-AZ50TD Cortex Plug Screw Kit Azek Traditional Trim 2 Screws 50 Lineal FASTENMASTER 608309373964 Head type: square. 4.4 out of 5 stars 15 ratings. Cortex® for PRO® & EDGE™ Our strongest hidden … Box Size: 100 SF (350 screws, 400 plugs) 300 SF (1050 screws, 1200 plugs… I have beat my head against walls before, using these is worse, it cost a lot of $$$$$. Cortex is easy-to-use and includes everything needed, including screws, plugs and setting tools. Description Cortex Concealed Fastening System for Azek Trim is a fast and easy way to conceal fasteners and screw heads when installing PVC trim Boards. I put in 4000+ and there are a ton of them that I had to force into place. The end result is having to pull up all of the screws in a 20' board to remove one screw that is either stripped out or a bit is broken off in, so you can hammer it out from the back side. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The FastenMaster Cortex Hidden Fastening System is the fastest, easiest way to hide fastener heads when installing AZEK PVC Trim. Trim Screw 2"L. ... FastenMaster Cortex for AZEK Frontier Trim For 50 Lineal Feet. Use of non-Cortex screw or non-Cortex plug … The unique bit sets screws below the surface and plugs made out of AZEK trim tap right in for a clean, flush finish. The Cortex Hidden Fastening System for PVC Trim is the fastest, easiest way to hide fasteners in PVC Trim - and now it is 50% faster. No mess and or fading over the life of the project. After the screw is installed just place the provided plugs in place and hammer down. Cortex your Azek Steps by DreamDecks and LBC - Duration: 2:34. The unique bit sets screws below the surface and plugs made out of AZEK trim tap right in for a clean, flush finish. Plus, Cortex fasteners … Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Select another color to get back on track. Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. Just set the screws in place and the setting tool makes sure you hit the perfect depth every time. All rights reserved. All screws, plugs, and setting tools are included in every box. TimberTech Cortex- 100 SQ FT Harvest Island Oak™ (350 screws, 400 plugs, 3 bits) Strip-out resistant TORX ttap drive system Dual lead fastener thread installs 50% faster than traditional trim fasteners … Get the look of hidden fasteners while face fastening the decking. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Cortex plugs are made from the same AZEK for PVC trim material. Cortex now comes with the following product enhancements: Collated Cortex Plugs: FastenMaster Cortex plugs … Cortex for AZEK eliminates the need to caulk, sand and paint every single nail hole. The unique bit sets screws below the surface and plugs made out of AZEK trim tap right in for a clean, flush finish. Decide Which Azek Screw Is Best For You Choose compatible Azek deck screws from trusted brands including; Starborn Industries, FastenMaster and Screw Products. Find Cortex hidden fasteners at Lowe's today. FastenMaster - Plugs are made from actual Azek Frontier Trim. No, AZEK® Trim products are manufactured in a matte white finish only, but can be painted to achieve a custom color. Each plug is cut from actual AZEK® deck board for a high end finish. These are going back and my wife will get white screws. For azek frontier Trimboard - Woodgrain. So, you are dealing with screws that strip out and bits that break. ft. – TimberTech AZEK only (350 carbon steel screws, 400 plugs) If you choose to paint, use 100% acrylic latex paint with an LRV of 55 or higher. New (4) from CDN$ 73.61 + FREE Shipping. AZEK Decking Plugs - Fastenmaster Cortex - Starborn … Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. I purchased a box of CORTEX screws and plugs from a local hardware supply company and the screws had the square driver slot in them. FastenMaster Cortex for AZEK Frontier Trim For 50 Lineal Feet: Amazon.sg: Home Improvement. The Cortex Hidden Fastening innovative system hides the heads of your deck screws with color-matched plugs. Had to use extractor bits to remove. FastenMaster Cortex Hidden Fastening System for PVC Trim - Duration: 2:05. That's a guarantee. Cortex Box Contents: TimberTech Cortex 100 Linear Foot Box Contains 224 Screws, 300 Plugs, & 2 Bits Azek Cortex 100 Square Foot Box Contains 350 Screws, 400 Plugs, & 2 Bits Azek Cortex 300 Square … 1. I replaced all the trim boards around my house with 1x10 AZEK when I re-sided the house (I don't own or have enough experience with a break, so this was an easy solution). Ft -350/400: 300 Sq.