Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, making sure everything is incorporated. DQ Grill & Chill – New larger DQ restaurants that serve everything including their frozen treats as well as the new GrillBurger menu. These Dairy Queen Buster Bars are made in a 9×13-inch pan. Sounds like you know all of the inside secrets! Cool Whip tends to freeze a little bit better than whipped cream.  Start with Spanish peanuts then hot fudge. Couple small spots, light mark incurred during storage. Add 1/4 cup of the homemade ice cream mixture to the bottom of each cup. Dip the popsicle into the magic shell, allowing the excess chocolate to fall back into the container. :), Hi Beth, these look really good and I want to make them, but I was wondering what you can use instead of the coconut oil for the magic shell? That’s totally not me. Maybe toasted almonds on the outside. I think they look amazing Beth!  I can just make these yummy buster bars! My favourite fancy restaurant has some nice vegetarian meals, but I ALWAYS get the mushroom risotto. I love Dilly Bars. A fresh take on our classic peanut buster parfait, the buster bar is made with layers of cold, creamy DQ® vanilla soft serve, chocolate fudge, and peanuts all dipped in luscious, chocolate-flavored coating. Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake All the amazing layers of Dairy Queen Buster Bars in an easy 5-ingredient treat!  Freeze. Great for framing! They are people who like trying new adventurous foods. A man named McCullough and his son, Alex McCullough, had been experimenting with a soft frozen dairy product. And if you ever find a hand modeling job that pays in buster bars, tell me asap! This could be for an hour or even overnight. Years since you’ve been to DQ?!!! 7%. Popular DQ ice cream treats include Blizzards, sundaes, and cones. However, when we go to Dairy Queen, my husband only ever gets the Peanut Buster Parfait so he shouldn’t complain! Dairy Queen is an international franchise. On a whim we ended up here instead of their locally run competitors down Transit Road. Return the popsicle to the baking sheet lined with wax paper in the freeze and repeat the dipping process with the remaining popsicles. I have never had a dairy cream ice cream but I think yours look even better! If you ever need a hand/dipping model, I can be called upon. Pingback: copy cat DQ Buster bar | peaceofcake123, Pingback: 30+ Quick and Easy Frozen Desserts to Make This Summer. Gorgeous photos! : Calorie breakdown: 54% fat, 38% carbs, 8% protein. A fresh take on our classic peanut buster parfait, the buster bar is made with layers of cold, creamy Dairy Queen vanilla soft serve, chocolate fudge and peanuts all dipped in … Your email address will not be published.  Now I never need to go again. Total Carbohydrate 45g. I’ve been known to buy the 6 pack because they are so good. If you’re looking for more frozen treats to make this summer, you might also enjoy my Frozen Caramel Toffee Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert or these chocolate frozen Brownie Bites. Recipe Girl®© 2020 , All Rights Reserved.  These look awesome!!  Dip in Chocolate coating the next day and return to freezer. And dangerous…… ;), These look fantastic, Beth! Dairy Queen History. 1. Next time your in the states –> DQ! Thanks, Bev, can you use something other than the coconut oil not a friend of coconut thank you. Even hot chocolate can melt cold ice cream. Serving Size. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/45587/five-layer-ice-cream- How about you just come to KC and make me and babe some?!Â. Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast and more delivered right to your inbox! 10%. 2. Here you’ll find indulgent desserts, quick and easy desserts to feed a crowd, plus healthier desserts to satisfy any craving! I'm Lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and Mom. This nutrition information is for manufactured Buster Bar ® treats, which are packaged in clear plastic. Prices were reasonable too. After you remove the cup, you’ll want to dip the whole bar in the homemade magic shell. Buster Bar A fresh take on our classic Peanut Buster Parfait, the Buster Bar is made with layers of cold, creamy Dairy Queen vanilla soft serve, chocolate fudge and peanuts all dipped in luscious, and chocolate-flavored coating. These Dairy Queen Buster Bars are a no-bake frozen dessert that you will have a tough time not eating. I like to use a tall foil pan that comes with a convenient plastic lid so I can just toss after all of the dessert is … In a saucepan over low heat combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Kathryn @ Family Food on the Table wrote: Hi! Thanks for including my frozen blueberry pie too! In a mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream into stiff peaks. Except, now thanks to you I can just make them myself :). Once you dip each buster bar, return it to the freezer. Place the others in the freeze while dipping so they can stay cold. Oh creature of habit for sureeeee because having food envy or just not being satisfied with your dish is good for no one! It’s still very sweet and everyone loves it. I'm not really sure why, because they're just vanilla ice cream covered in … Man, DQ sounds really good right now! I think I will have to try this…… 50 Comments. Sodium 230mg. This probably goes against your typical perceptions about food bloggers. Watch the video showing you how to make Copycat Buster Bars, then scroll to the bottom of this post and print out the recipe to make at home. 2. I’m gonna have to try it this way, maybe doing variations of ice cream flavors and toppings/additions. Buster Bar Ice Cream Dessert Loaded with Oreos, salted peanuts, vanilla ice cream and topped with the best fudgey topping you've ever tasted, this family-sized spin on Dairy Queen's Buster Bar … have you ever tried this with real whipped cream? Read DQ's entire menu including combos, meal deals, kid's meals, beverages, ice cream cakes, blizzard treats, sundaes, smoothies and more! I have a few left, perfect for sharing.. In my opinion The fudge topping is SO much better. INGREDIENTS: Chocolate Dilly Bar Reduced Fat Ice Cream (Milk Fat and Nonfat Milk, Sugar, Whey, Corn Syrup, Carob Bean Gum, Guar Gum, Carrageenan, Mono & Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Caramel Color, Vitamin A Palmitate), Coating (Coconut Oil, Sugar, Cocoa Processed with Alkali, Corn Starch, Soy Lecithin (Emulsifier), Salt, Natural Flavor). right?! Love DQ and can’t wait to try these at home with the kids.Â, Wow, Beth! 3. Place the dish in the freezer and allow time for the ice cream to freeze again (1 to 2 hours). The only thing I would say is 14 oz. It’s been years since I have been to a DQ. Scrape excess chocolate off the bottom of the popsicle. top 10 essential dessert recipes free! After all of the layers are frozen, make a small cut at the top of the cup and begin to peel the cup away. Love that you made a homemade version! To remove the cups, use a scissors to cut a small silt at the top of the cups. You'd need to walk 131 minutes to burn 470 calories. Your email address will not be published. I haven’t been to Dairy Queen in years (something that needs to change soon, I think). Lori now spends her days creating family-friendly recipes for entertaining and every day. Snap a pic and hashtag it #RecipeGirl — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!  But I see the error of my ways now, because these sound and look incredible! You can turn your freezer into a Dairy Queen store! ? Dilly Bar. originally published July 14, 2015 — last updated February 19, 2020 I like to use a tall foil pan that comes with a convenient plastic lid so I can just toss after all of the dessert is eaten. Buster Bar Ice Cream Cake Recipe: All the amazing layers of Dairy Queen Buster Bars in a quick 5-ingredient treat! One Size Experience layer after layer of chocolate fudge, peanuts and DQ® soft serve dipped in luscious, chocolate-flavored coating. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Remove the saucepan from the heat, stir in the vanilla and salt. Transfer the magic shell to a tall, skinny container. Required fields are marked *. 30+ Quick and Easy Frozen Desserts to Make This Summer.  I’m a creature of habit too and always order the same thing. Oh My Gosh Beth! These Dairy Queen Buster Bars are a popular copycat recipe. Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast, and more delivered right to your inbox! After the ice cream has set add a popsicle stick to each cup. ... A fresh take on our classic Peanut Buster Parfait, the Buster Bar is made with layers of cold, creamy DQ vanilla soft serve, chocolate fudge and peanuts all dipped in luscious, chocolate-flavored coating. Here’s a tip: you can reuse the cups, just dip the frozen bar halfway into room temp water and it’ll pull right out. The magic shell should be at room temperature before you dip the bars. subscribe now & get our Spread fudge sauce on top of the vanilla ice cream (if it's too thick, put it in the microwave for just about 10 seconds to soften a bit). There are 460 calories in 1 bar (150 g) of Dairy Queen Buster Bar. But two things: Total Fat 28g. After the chocolate shell hardens, you could wrap each buster bar in plastic wrap if you’d like. Delivery or takeout! Made these as a teenager when I worked @ DQ. Allow the magic shell to cool to room temperature. Your email address will not be published. Ice cream, fudge, red skinned peanuts, and chocolate coating pressed into quick-cut bars. Status post- Dilly Bar, buster bar and Guardian of Galaxy Blizzard - we were happy. There are 490 calories in 1 bar (149 g) of Dairy Queen Buster Bar Treat. I wish I lived close enough to ride my bike to DQ! I love making this dessert when we’re on a week long summer vacation at a cabin or a beach house. *Blue Bell Ice Cream actually still comes in 1/2 gallon size. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Nutrition Facts. The company is a leading franchisor of frozen treat stores with more than 5,900 quick-service restaurants, most of which operate under the Dairy Queen banner. I seriously want to eat them all.Â, These are awesome, Beth! Begin to peel the cup away. Enjoy over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips, and travel adventures! That’s gotta change! Visit DQ today! xo, Catherine, Don’t worry, I am the same. It’s one that can sit in the freezer for a week, and you can cut off slices to serve as dessert whenever the mood strikes. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. I’d only require my own six-pack of those babies! 1. These are so perfect for summertime! Dairy Queen Buster Bar. Oh my word, so yummy Beth. Place 8 wax cups on a small baking sheet lined with wax paper. Spread softened ice cream over Oreos. Freeze 20-30 minutes. Most of those calories come from fat (55%) and carbohydrates (37%). I make homemade ice cream all the time using sweetened condensed milk and 1/2 can to 2 cups cream is perfect. See packaging for Buster Bar treats in paper bags. Dietary Fiber … Thank you so much for these, Beth! Dairy Queen is the world’s biggest seller of soft frozen dessert products. // That would be SO fun! The classic buster bar has vanilla ice cream, with a ribbon of hot fudge and peanuts in the middle and then more peanuts and fudge on top and then the whole thing is dipped in chocolate to create a chocolate shell. Thank you! Line the bottom of 9x13-inch dish with crushed Oreos (I like to use a tall foil pan, so I can just toss it when done). Dairy Queen Buster Bar … See mushroom risotto sounds good, but I’m not sure if I would ever try it!! Your email address will not be published. Freeze for 20-30 minutes. Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who traded the classroom for the kitchen when she founded the blog RecipeGirl.com in 2006, which houses over 3,000 original and adapted recipes. You can certainly use a regular pyrex or metal pan, if you’d like. And it’s a great dessert to have in the freezer when relatives and friends drop by unexpectedly (if you have any of those kind!). Measures 22" x 28". I loved those buster bars at DQ when I was younger and this homemade version is totally calling my name! Oh gosh! Toasted Coconut Frozen Yogurt and No Bake Frozen Blueberry Pie are good choices too! BUSTER BARS Dairy Queen Copycat Recipe Makes 8 8 plastic cups 8 Popsicle sticks 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream 1/2 jar hot fudge topping 1/4 cup nut topping or whole Spanish peanuts 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips 3 tablespoons vegetable oil Line up the plastic cups. Buster® Bar Calories 450 Calories from Fat 250 Fat (g) 28 Saturated Fat (g) 17 Trans Fatty Acid (g) 0 Cholesterol (mg) 15 Sodium (mg) 210 Carbohydrates (g) 43 Dietary Fiber (g) 2 Total Sugars (g) 35 Proteins (g) 10 Vitamin A - % DV 0 Vitamin C - % DV 0 Calcium - %DV 13 Iron - %DV 7 I’m so happy that they turned out so well for you! I am so excited to give these a try at home!Â. I’m not sure- do you have a converter you can use? Transfer the magic shell into a cup or container that is large enough to fit the popsicle in. 500. I will try this and I am thinking about various toppings! Prepare to dip one popsicle in the magic shell at a time. *If you're using homemade whipped cream in place of Cool Whip, just whip up about 1 cup to 1 1/4 cups of heavy whipping cream with a teaspoon of powdered sugar. This is a layered frozen ice cream dessert recipe that you’ll want to make all summer long. Always. Homemade ice cream, homemade hot fudge, and homemade magic shell. I hope baby K likes ice cream! Is your house heat-drenched this summer? Softened ice cream is spooned on top (you can use whatever flavor you want, but I like to use plain old vanilla). So I decided to take the ice cream treat that I love so much and make a completely homemade version. What do you have against cheese? And these Buster Bars? Add in the butter and allow the mixture to boil for 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally. In a saucepan over medium heat combine the sugar, cocoa, and heavy cream.  Put a stick through the centre. Buster Bar® Experience layer after layer of chocolate fudge, peanuts and DQ® soft serve dipped in luscious, chocolate-flavored There still isn’t a better way to enjoy a summer evening. One of my first jobs as a kid was making buster bars. Keep them frozen until eating. I have a few dipping tips. It’s just a satisfying mouthful when the humidity and heat are too much to bear. Stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to a boil.  Add another layer of Spanish peanuts & hotfudge then more ice cream then finish with peanuts & hot fudge. Copycat version of Dairy Queen's popular Buster Bars. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Learn how your comment data is processed. 15%. After you remove the cup, freeze the buster bars again. I haven’t been to DQ since I was in college but I would so go for these! And I need to make these – my family will be so happy! “ Vintage Dairy Queen Poster Dennis The Menace 1972 Dilly Bar, Buster Bar and DQ Sandwich Hank Ketcham. Amount Per Serving. However, there are times when I try something new and I’m so glad I did. $3.50 They look “Yummy”……..But may I ask….. I wish I had seen this before I made a buster bar dessert in a 9 x13. When coating has solidified, wrap them and store in freezer. Pull out the frozen dessert and add fudge topping, peanuts and Cool Whip (or whipped cream). I know! If you said the magic word when you ordered, you could get a Peanut Buster Parfait for only 49 cents. The Blizzard Hits the Scene A package of Oreos is crumbled into bits to use for the crust. If you were a kid in the 1970s (or at least a kid-at-heart) you might remember the word scrumpdillyishus. They've got sub-menus for Cones, Sundaes, Blizzards, Royal Treats and Novelties within … Cholesterol 15mg. Buster™ Bar Six Pack Buster™ Bars Experience layer after layer of chocolate fudge, peanuts, and creamy DQ® soft serve dipped in luscious, chocolate coating. You should be able to find something searching on Google.   The DQ version is his fav dessert! There are 470 calories in 1 bar of Dairy Queen - Brazier Buster Bar. At this point, the dessert goes into the freezer for an hour or two until the ice cream is firm again. Dear Beth, I would love to have one of these right now…what a delicious treat. Ever since I’ve been smitten with DQ’s buster bars. 75% Saturated Fat 15g Trans Fat 1g. Ice cream, fudge, red skinned peanuts, and chocolate coating pressed into easy-to-cut bars. Dairy Queen’s Mr. Misty slushies came on the scene in 1961 and the Buster Bar later that same decade, in 1968. Dairy Queen Buster Bar Calories There are 480 calories in a Buster Bar from Dairy Queen. These look out of this world amazing! Whipped cream works okay too, but it will have more of an icy texture to it.