My humble contribution for this month’s recipe swap challenge is this Dates,Almonds and Coconut rolls from my partner Jolly’s wonderful blog.I had shortlisted many recipes but as i am travelling and other constraints i made these Dates ,Almonds and Coconut Rolls with a little tweak in the recipe. Coconut Date Cookies are such delicious cookies. Remove from blender and roll into little rolls. Add the dates to a food processor and process until the dates are broken down and a sticky ball forms. The Ultimate Keto Gift Guide for Low Carb Friends! Any type of date will work, but they must be dried dates which are generally the only type available in store anyway. Sprinkle dessicated coconut on the roll, slice and serve. Sift powdered sugar on a linen towel. Baked for a little longer, around 25-27 minutes, olive oil glaze. Turn off the flame and let it cool. This video shows you how to make these SUPER quick and easy Almond Coconut Date Rolls like the ones that you can buy at the store. Date Coconut Rolls Recipe. 32.5 g Many years ago I cracked the code (dramatic) and made my own Coconut Date Rolls. 3 tablespoons water. Give these a try the next time you want a delicious Oatmeal Cookie with a twist. Pulse dates and almonds in a food processor until they form a malleable paste. Press and almond onto the top of each roll … Another delicious and firm favorite of mine, date rolls is a popular dessert, especially during festive times. Then, roll them in the shredded coconut and you’re ready to snack on your new favorite date balls. ), Healthy Matcha Cookies (Keto, Paleo & Sugar Free), Healthy Banana Pumpkin Cookies (AIP, Paleo, Vegan, Sugar Free). I guess it's part of the process. Combine flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl. They can be frozen as well. The rolls turned out to be buttery, pillowy, rich and so incredibly soft. Pulse dates and almonds in a food processor until they form a malleable paste. Roll date mixture into bite-size balls; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Divide into 2 portions; shape each portion into 2 rolls, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of the paste in the dried coconut and form into 1-2 inch balls. Top with […] Whir in the food processor until these form a paste. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Date rolls with keep in an airtight container in the fridge for at least 2 weeks. Date Coconut Rolls Recipe – How to make Coconut Date Rolls Recipe – Easy Diwali Sweets Recipes. Divide into 2 portions; shape each portion into 2 rolls, 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Growing up in Trinidad we didn’t buy much candies. We love these. Date Coconut Rolls. They don’t usually stick around for long in my house without getting eaten up, but I would imagine they will last at least a week or two if not more in the refrigerator. Lightly grease a baking tray. Trinidad Coconut Roll Recipe. My recipe includes only 2 ingredients + coconut coating. 1/2 cup coconut shreds. Store in fridge up to 2 weeks. Fresh dates are plump and dark brown with a glossy sheen. Brush rolls with milk all over. It's a quick, easy and simple recipe made of dates topped with crunchy nuts. These sweet coconut-flavored rolls are amazingly delicious. 1 1/4 cup dates. I was looking foward to the date rolls my Grandma used to make that were 1/4" tall round cookies that kept their shape after baking. Stir in date mixture, granulated sugar, vanilla, and egg until well combined. https://www.homemade-dessert-recipes.com/date-roll-candy-recipe.html I used dairy milk and dairy butter in place of vegan, since I was actually looking for an egg-free recipe. You can see the recipe here. pitted dates 1 cup slivered almonds, roasted 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes (reserve some for rolling) Blend the dates, almonds & coconut in a food processor until a paste is formed. These taste delicious but only have healthy natural ingredients in them. You only need three ingredients: dates, almond butter, and coconut. I’m sure they would freeze well too in an airtight bag. Date Coconut Rolls. Remove from blender and roll into little rolls. Place Coconut Dates Pastry Rolls on the tray with 2 inch apart from each other. I used Deglet Noor dates from Costco. Coconut Date Rolls 1 lb. Coat with coconut shreds. If you use ordinary dates, add 1 tbsp condensed milk to the dates. We recently went on a trip to the … Oats: You can add quick oats or rolled oats to the recipe … Coconut Medjool Date Rolls are a naturally sweet treat you can enjoy any day of the week. Ingredients: 2 cups flour ½ cup butter ½ cup sugar 1 teaspoon baking powder 2 eggs vanilla essence pinch of salt ½ cup desiccated coconut 250g Pitted Dates ½ cup milk You can give these away as gifts. There are a few different types of dates like deglet noor or medjool. These Cacao Coconut Date Bliss Balls are melt in your mouth smooth, creamy, nutty, sweet and chocolatey! 10 %. The rolls turned out to be buttery, pillowy, rich and so incredibly soft. Coarsely grind the date palms khajur. Form 1-inch balls from the date mixture and roll in shredded coconut. You can see the recipe here. I used dairy milk and dairy butter in place of vegan, since I was actually looking for an egg-free recipe. Why I Chose Savvy Minerals Non-Toxic Makeup! But there are so many ways to customize these date balls to make them work for you. Any type of date will work, but they must be dried dates which are generally the only type available in store anyway. Beat until starts to thicken and … Upload Photo or cancel. Place dates, cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla bean seeds and salt in the bowl of a food processor … Add shredded coconut to a shallow plate and roll the date roll in the coconut to coat. It can be made ahead of time and stored for several weeks, in an air tight container. In a food processor, pulse the dates to create a thick paste. All dates, fresh or dried, contain different types … Add the coconut to a shallow boll. From buttercup21 11 years ago Add yours; Pick your photo Browse... Caption optional. Jul 3, 2015 - Date Rolls are softened dates wrapped in a soft biscuit dough then coated in coconut. www.loveandbellinis.com/2015/04/coconut-almond-date-rolls.html I find that wetting my hands allows for me to do roll out the mixture with less stickiness. Top with […] It doesn't get any easier! There are a few different types of dates like deglet noor or medjool. Another recipe that my wonderful mom made every year for the holidays. Gingerbread Smoothie Recipe (Paleo, AIP, Vegan), Homemade Almond Herb Cracker Recipe (Paleo & Gluten Free), Chia Parfait with Pomegranate + Almond: Guest Post from Downshiftology. They taste best cold right out of the fridge. Many years ago I cracked the code (dramatic) and made my own Coconut Date Rolls. Pour batter into a 9-inch spring-form pan coated with cooking spray. Widely grown in Arab countries, the date is the fruit of the date palm. THE BEST COCONUT DATE ROLLS. It just wasn’t in our family’s budget to get expensive candies. 6 Healthiest Cooking Oils that May Surprise You! Coconut Rolls. These cooked down and flattened out like a regular cookie and wasn't really what I was expecting for a date roll. The amount of shredded coconut that you will need may vary depending on how small or large you make the balls. Do remember to keep them refrigerated. Serve immediately or place in fridge to firm and enjoyed chilled. This South African Diwali treat is best served with a cup of tea. Only three ingredients! Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of the paste in the dried coconut and form into 1-2 inch balls. They taste like dessert and yet they are a completely healthy and easy to make … You can easily double the … Once you get the desired texture, set it aside for a while. I find that wetting my hands allows for me to do roll out the mixture with less stickiness. I remember a long object rolled up in a kitchen towel, hanging from the clothes line, and this year I found out it was the date nut roll, hung out to dry. These are a great treat if you need something sweet without the guilt. Once the dates are mixed well (this should take just a few minutes), add the cashew nuts and continue stirring. Coconut Date Rolls 1 lb. You can find the her recipe here. I always always buy almond butter with only one ingredient…almonds and I would recommend the same for this recipe. But if you get fresh dates off the tree, it won’t work for this recipe. Blend together dates and water until paste is formed. Dates are a source of antioxidants. Spoon date mixture onto towel. … Stick them in a jar and tie a bow around it for a lovely healthy present along with some homemade. Select dates that are fresh and soft. Jun 19, 2020 - Date Rolls are softened dates wrapped in a soft biscuit dough then coated in coconut. Step 1 Process walnuts, dates, coconut, sesame oil, sea salt, and vanilla extract together in a food processor until combined. You will still see some crumbs or large pieces of almond - this is OK. Once paste is mixed it will start to form a ball. I'm sure they would freeze well too in an airtight bag. This South African Diwali treat is best served with a cup of tea. From buttercup21 11 years ago Add yours; Pick your photo Browse... Caption optional. If you are looking for more Diwali Sweet Recipes then do check Mawa Coconut Jaggery Laddu, Pori Urundai, Peanut Sesame Laddu, Chocolate Peda, Kesar Peda, Mohanthal, Gur Paare, Khoya Til Ladoo and Kova Kajjikayalu. Even if you’re unsure about using dates, you’ll find they are fantastic in cookies. Add the cardamom powder and 1/2 cup of coconut to it and mix well. Dates are sweet and rich with a chewy, sticky texture. I was on the go the other day and needed a snack so I picked up some coconut date rolls at the store even though I had all the ingredients at home. These taste OK but think a better suited name would be Date Swirl Cookies. As soon as the garnishing is done, cover the khajur rolls individulay in the aluminium foil and allow to set them in refrigerator for 2-2.5 hours. I bet you’ll keep coming back for more, too. https://myhalalkitchen.com/date-nut-rolls-coconut-pistachio They are also paleo and vegan with no added sugar. Once paste is mixed it will start to form a ball. Oh my God this was the absolute best rolls recipe I have ever tried. pitted dates 1 cup slivered almonds, roasted 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut flakes (reserve some for rolling) Blend the dates, almonds & coconut in a food processor until a paste is formed. makes 10-12. Add the dates on top. Just make sure to take the pit out. Wrap rolls in towel; let stand until set. They don't usually stick around for long in my house without getting eaten up, but I would imagine they will last at least a week or two if not more in the refrigerator. Get ready to fall in love with Coconut Rolls. Herb Roasted Chicken & Veggies (Paleo, Keto & Whole30), 5 Best Superfoods to Get You Through Fall & Winter, AIP Paleo Raisin Bran Recipe (Only 3 ingredients! Wrap rolls in towel; let stand until set. Privacy Policy. Gently spoon flour into measuring cups and level (don't pack). Remove from heat, and let stand 10 minutes or until dates are tender. Oh my God this was the absolute best rolls recipe I have ever tried. Once the sugar is softened and beginning to dissolve, add the rest of the coconut milk and whisk to … It was love at first bite! Add the walnuts, vanilla and 1/4 cup of … Total Carbohydrate These make a great treat if you are on the autoimmune paleo protocol! I usually use the sweetened coconut as that is all I can find locally. Serve chilled. Date Coconut Rolls Recipe. Why I Stopped Being Vegetarian After 11 Years. Upload Photo or cancel. Webinar: Weight Management with Essential Oils, Easy No Bake Coconut Date Balls (Paleo, Vegan & AIP), Coconut Date Balls, Paleo Dessert, Vegan Dessert, « 30+ Healthy Holiday Candy Recipes (Paleo & Gluten Free), 7 Best Supplements to Boost the Immune System ». Place almonds into food processor. Medjool dates can also be used. Using a spoon or your hands, mix to incorporate completely. Remove towel, and cut each roll … My recipe includes only 2 ingredients + coconut coating. It's best to store these coconut date balls in the refrigerator. Sift powdered sugar on a linen towel. I was on the go the other day and needed a snack so I picked up some coconut date rolls at the store even though I had all the ingredients at home. Remove from food processor and roll into 2" logs or … Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan. Add the dates paste and roast on a low flame for 5 minutes or until soft. How to customize coconut date balls. Prep time is chopping coconut and processing paste. Blend together dates and water until paste is formed. These coconut date balls are a simple treat that only require 3 easy ingredients! Place in the fridge for a minimum of an hour to firm before slicing. Heat the pan, and on a low-medium flame add khaskhas and roast it for a minute and a half. While rolling your hands may become sticky due to the sugar in the dates - just rinse your hands with cold water and you will be able to handle the mixture easily again. This recipe yields about 16 date rolls. How to customize coconut date balls. Once incorporated, mold into an even roll shape. Seal the edges with a little milk and then press lightly so that when pastry puffs up, it remains wrapped around the dates. Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter and vanilla. Roll and press thru chopped coconut. Baked for a little longer, around 25-27 minutes, olive oil glaze. Using lightly greased hands roll date mixture into a long rope and cut into bite sized pieces. Wrap dates in pastry strips. Chop coconut on large mat or cutting board and set aside. Coconut Date Cookies are so delicious. But there are so many ways to customize these date balls to make them work for you. Remove from food processor and roll into 2" logs or balls. The special Rosh Hashanah prayer before eating a date (tamar in Hebrew) includes the phrase “yitamuhataim”–may the wicked cease. They are great as gifts during the holidays. One thing I remember growing up there is the number of sweets my mom used to bake for us every week. Once the khajur roll are ready, place a aluminium foil, sprinkle the khas khas and pista on it and then roll the khajur over it so the garnishing sticks to the roll, repeat for the other as well. Talk about a true afternoon pick-me-up! So this year mom came for Thanksgiving and I documented the recipe, of course adjusting for those without a closeline. Roll the date mixture into 1 inch balls and then roll them in the coconut to coat. Remove date paste and add to a bowl with nuts. Take the mixture off the fire after a few minutes and when cool enough to handle, shape into sausage like rolls. Add dates, almonds, and almond butter to a high speed blender or food processor and pulse until a … Place shredded coconut in a shallow dish and roll each date log completely in the coconut. It’s best to store these coconut date balls in the refrigerator. 1 1/4 cup dates 3 tablespoons water 1/2 cup coconut shreds. Cooking time is rolling. Ingredients 1 cup of almond 1/2 cup of shredded coconut 1 cup of dates, pitted (about 8) 1 tablespoons of coconut oil 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg Then you need almond butter. But if you get fresh dates off the tree, it won't work for this recipe. Spoon date mixture onto towel. 67 shares. Indulge without guilt as you bite into this moist date roll coated in light, yummy coconut flakes. These little treats store well in the refrigerator and can last quite a while. Your email address will not be published. Coat with coconut shreds. Empty the dates into a food processor and run until dates are fully chopped and … Presenting to you a healthy sugar free Khajur Burfi recipe.