The next batch … Transfer mashed sweet potatoes to a Dutch oven. My grocery store calls sweet potatoes garnet yams. Be ready to stir in some melted butter and milk to add some moisture back in; the butter will also awaken the flavor – yum! Also, NEVER start with hot water. You can scale the recipe up from there to meet your serving needs. Place them in a warm oven. That means this recipe for Mashed Sweet Potatoes which calls for 3 pounds will safely serve 6 people. Oct 29, 2017 - Make Your Own Shelf Stable Instant Mashed Potatoes & Replace Store-Bought Brands! If using square trays, cut the paper just long enough to curve under the tray by about .5 inch; this keeps the air flow in the dryer from blowing the paper back over onto the mix, and the edges won’t dangle down and scrape off the mix on the tray below. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Dehydrated mashed sweet potatoes {coconut free, AIP, Paleo}. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. A nice hot bowl of mashers with your favorite additions, and it’s heavenly! When cool enough to handle, remove skins. Pureed/Leather (use baked sweet potato) Bake: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Definitely, meats can also be dehydrated and turned into jerky. They make a fantastic everyday side to chicken, steak and seafood but are scrumptious enough for company and your Thanksgiving and Christmas table. Keep the potatoes warm in the oven or slow cooker after mashing so they stay creamy (see how to below). Place in microwave oven for 1 or 2 minutes. Melt the butter with the milk to maintain the temperature of the sweet potatoes and so the butter can easily incorporate into the potatoes. Add additional milk if desired for smoother/creamier potatoes. Mash them into powder and store them in airtight containers. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes can also be made ahead of time and kept warm in your slow cooker for an easy, make-ahead win. Use a handheld electric mixer for the creamiest, fluffiest potatoes. I made them thicker than I … Crock Pot Sweet Potato and Apples. You can also use a salad spinner. Clean Eating Snack Recipes.. No problem! Beat with a hand held mixer for a fluffier and smoother consistence or mash with a potato masher or fork for a chunkier\/heavier consistency. I’m eating some as I write this… yum! What the heck? Your email address will not be published. IMPORTANT: Make sure the paper does not buckle (liquid on parchment paper always tries to buckle the paper); if it does, the mix will dry around it, and when you break the dried mix off the paper, small pieces of paper will go into the mix. I LOVE Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Heat 1/2 cup water (per serving) to a boil. In my experience, rehydrated mashers are never quite as smooth as the fresh version, but on the trail, that doesn’t bother me one bit. If your oven is full, make your sweet potatoes in the crockpot instead Submitted by: COVERMEYER I’m Jen … read more. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Percent Daily Values (%DV) are for adults or children aged 4 or older, and are based on a 2,000 calorie reference diet. The more cells that are broken, the starchier and gummier the potatoes will become. Here’s how: Filed Under: Easter Recipe Cravings, Holiday Magic Cravings, Sides and Lighter Fare Cravings, Thanksgiving Cravings, Your email address will not be published. Slower digestion also helps you feel fuller longer. I like to leave the skins on – more nutrients! The information included on this site is for educational purposes only. Don’t worry, you just need to flip it over. 3. They make a fantastic everyday side to chicken, steak and seafood but are scrumptious enough for company and your Thanksgiving and Christmas table. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet (this one is helpful to keep it off the flat surface), or place a tray on a lower rack and sweet potatoes directly on upper racks Bake for 1.5-2 hours 2. If freezing potatoes, make sure you don’t skimp on any of the butter or cream in my Mashed Sweet Potato recipe because the extra fat will make them more freezer friendly. Tomatoes, mushrooms, and onions, like the sweet potatoes, should be blanched prior to dehydration to prevent discoloration. If they end up runnier, don’t panic – they’ll just take longer to dehydrate, and take up more trays. NOTE: So, look for garnet yams or your sweet potatoes might actually be white inside! Drain and then carefully place the sweet potato slices on the dehydrator trays or shelves. Servings 1 cups. Simmer your potatoes for about 10-15 minutes, being aware that it’s better to overcook the potatoes than undercook them so they will mix easily without hard pockets. when they start out and I don’t like the idea of grinding plastic in from my food processor (plastic bowl). Slowly add 1 TBS of water at a time, until the spuds start to really move in the processor bowl. Either variety can be made into mashed potatoes; the red ones are nice for a sweeter dish (add cinnamon, maple syrup and a touch of salt) and the white ones work well for more traditional mashers with garlic and salt. a double batch ready to dehydrate! If in doubt, dry for more time. Selecting sweet potatoes in America can be confusing because both “sweet potato” and “yams” are used interchangeably. Dry until mix is completely dry and crumbly. The potatoes are done when you can EASILY pierce the largest cube with a fork. Keep turning them until they become crispy and dry. Pierce each potato a few times with a fork so they don’t explode. Why not? For pureed, sliced or diced version, bake sweet potatoes before dehydrating. Leave the door propped slightly open so moisture can escape. Purchasing products through these links does not affect the price you pay. They are also particularly high in beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A once digested. Yes and no. Tammy’s videos on drying potatoes are especially good. Clean and dice the spuds to 1” square pieces. Each "~" indicates a missing or incomplete value. Add lemon juice to your ice water bath {I used a little under a cup} and place the sweet potatoes back in to cool completely. We also love Mashed Sweet Potatoes with holiday favorites such as: Herb Butter Turkey, Brown Sugar Glazed Ham, and Honey Baked Ham. extra sea salt or Herbamare (AIP-friendly) https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=778811 There are three ways to make Mashed Sweet Potatoes ahead of time. The resulting Mashed Sweet Potatoes are wonderfully buttery, indulgently creamy, sweet and savory and the most addictingly flavorful Mashed Sweet Potatoes you’ve ever tasted. use garnet yams/sweet potatoes because they are creamier than their purple counterpart, drain potatoes extremely well after cooking, always mash the potatoes while they’re still hot. The red variety (what we commonly call “yams” in the U.S.) has a sweeter taste and fluffier, lighter texture when baked, while the white variety is firmer, and creates dishes that most closely mimic regular spuds. If you come across any leathery spots, set them aside for later. Prep trays for dehydrator (here’s my awesome dehydrator): Careful, they can be sharp! Contains all organic fruits and veggies! optional: 1 Tbs coconut oil per serving. Flatten potatoes in bag and press out excess air. Michael. Transfer drained potatoes to a mixing bowl. Garnish with a pad of softened butter and fresh parsley or thyme if desired. Get a big bowl. Read about it here. At this point the mix should be firm enough to not need paper underneath it. Potatoes are one of my favorite foods on the planet. 3. Make sure your blender or food processor is bone dry. I’m in the process of revamping my newsletter signup form. A fork should easily slip into the potatoes AKA the potatoes should be “fork tender.”. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes are super easy to make and belong on your dinner table weekly! Thaw frozen sweet potatoes overnight in the refrigerator, remove from plastic and microwave until warmed through. 6. optional: .5 tsp black pepper (NOT AIP) This timing does not include the time it takes to bring the water to a boil. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes can also be made ahead of time and kept warm in your slow cooker for an easy, make-ahead win. Heat butter and milk in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes or until the butter is mostly melted. The science behind this is simple:  when the potatoes are boiled, they develop swollen starch cells. We usually buy the huge bag of potatoes from our local big box store, eat half and dehydrate the other half. I used the Excalibur dehydrator and the sheets for this. Then you get a surprise when you eat dinner! See this recipe in a video! NOTE: As mentioned above, if your paper buckled under the mix, it may have dried stuck into the mix, and when you break the dried mix off the paper, small pieces of paper will go with it. So, now that you don’t have to worry about selecting “yams” vs “sweet potatoes” – the question is which sweet potato should you choose for this Mashed Sweet Potato recipe? Next, you add your cubed potatoes to a Dutch oven and salt. Our red-fleshed “yams” are in the same family as true sweet potatoes (family Convolvulaceae), and are not actually true yams (family Dioscoreaceae). Write/print the in-camp preparation instructions and store where you’ll remember them. Make sure the edges of your sweet potatoes do not touch. Article from 21stcenturysimpleliving.com. When the potatoes are mixed, the cells are ruptured and release starch. Next Post: Licenses, licesnses everywhere – Hunting in Ontario… » Reader Interactions. Add salt, Herbamare (AIP-friendly), optional pepper (NOT AIP), or coconut oil to taste, and serve. 6. It is actually hard to find true yams in America unless you frequent international or ethnic food stores. Having dehydrated sweet potatoes on the pantry shelf is a wonderful addition. You can even add additional butter for a better thawed result. The practical side of dehydrating potatoes is that you can almost make a meal out of potatoes so to have them on hand to cook up at a moments notice is super convenient. Filed Under: Dehydrating Recipes Tagged With: Dehydrating Vegetables Recipes, October, Preserving Recipes, Sweet Potato, Yam. Prepare Mashed Sweet Potatoes according to directions taking care you don’t have any chunks because the chunks will become mealy when frozen. Dehydrating You can either use a dehydrator or your oven to dry out the potatoes. Add butter/milk to sweet potatoes along with all remaining ingredients except chives. This also prevents unnecessary splashing. 1 cup water for blending If you like nutmeg, you may replace half of the cinnamon with nutmeg. How to Make Dehydrated Potatoes And Use Them. You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive by signing up for this list. You can also add garlic cloves and any other aromatics to the water, just another way to add flavor. Heat on low until warmed though, approximately 3 hours, stirring a couple times. Dehydrated potatoes also make a great addition to your food storage as they will last for years if stored properly. Always mash the potatoes while they’re still hot otherwise they can become gummy. Do not wash them and if they have come in contact with any moisture, dry them off. Hi, I'm Sue! Here's more of my story. Lay the mashed potatoes out on a dehydrator sheet. 5. Sweet potatoes require between 10 and 15 minutes to boil until fork tender. Just puree the cooked potatoes before dehydrating and spread the puree out on the ParaFlex sheets. How to make Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Next time, make sure you check your potatoes with a fork before removing them from the heat. Dehydrated mashers are super easy to make, either in your oven or a dehydrator. Yup! The rest of the Mashed Sweet Potato ingredients are vegan. Remove from plastic, place in a baking dish and bake uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Add optional coconut oil, stir thoroughly, cover and let sit for a few minutes. By bringing the potatoes to a boil with the water, they cook more evenly and you aren’t left with overcooked mushy outsides and under cooked insides, but instead achieve the perfect melt in your mouth consistency. If you want, add a bit of coconut oil or ghee, and grab a spoon! Vitamin A also supports the immune system, bone health and promotes cell reproduction. Don't overmix potatoes or they can become gluey/gummy. The dark bottom of your pantry or covered bins placed on the cool ground are optimal. Food and Drinks. Ingredients . You can either prep the potatoes or make them in their entirety. Pour about 1 cup of mix onto the center of each tray (if using round trays, pour it in a circle), and use a flexible spatula or large spoon to spread it out evenly and really thin – to about 1/8 inch thickness or less. If you know how you plan to use them, you can customize how you prepare potatoes. Set your machine as directed in your book. They may come off in sheets: a double batch of dried mashers fresh off the dryer trays. The confusion started some time ago when softer red sweet potato varieties were first grown commercially in the U.S., and producers needed to differentiate them from the hard variety people were used to seeing. 2 Methods to Choose From (Revised) ⇒ Instant Mashed Potatoes-Common Method ⇒ Instant Mashed Potatoes-My Quick &… Explore. For smooth mashers, grind to a powder. I prefer to use a glass blender; those dried pieces are sharp! Yes, you will want to peel the sweet potatoes before cubing them to roast or add to the boiling water. Cook Time 15 mins. These Mashed Sweet Potatoes can also be made ahead of time and kept warm in your slow cooker for an easy, make-ahead win. Bring to a boil (I cover to speed up the process, then uncover); reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until very tender when pierced with a fork; drain VERY WELL. Voila' Your Finished Dehydrated Sweet Potato Dog Treats. Use the triple fold method above to create creases so the paper stays flat. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes reach 165 degrees, stirring and returning the foil once half way through. Place spuds in a heatproof cup or pot, add half the water, and stir. If using frozen hash brown potatoes, simply ignore steps 1, 2, and 3. If you have room in your dehydrator, set the trays on every other level, to maximize air flow. Add potato slices or shredded potatoes to the water and resume boiling until slices are fork tender, about 4-6 minutes. Add butter, salt, … You can ask your kids to help you in this last part. Pull out any chunks; they will not dry at the same rate as the rest. When stored properly, they are good for about four days. There are several ways to mash sweet potatoes: with a food processor, hand potato masher, or handheld electric mixer. In addition to being luxuriously creamy and dreamy, this Mashed Sweet Potato recipe is one of the simplest sides for any weeknight meal but also SO fabulously decadent and satisfying, they are always a company homerun. After the water has reached a rolling boil, remove the potatoes from the ice water and place in the boiling water for about 4 minutes {set ice water aside for later}. For lumpy mashers (my fave!) When completely dried, break into pieces and package. Place the potato slices in an ice water bath and add a little lemon juice or fruit fresh to the water to prevent browning while you bring water to a boil in a large pot {a blanching pot if you have one}. 00 ($0.06/Ounce) Wrap each potato tightly up in foil and place on a baking sheet. When mashed potatoes are served as a side dish, you can safely plan on 1/2 pound of potatoes per person. Grind them finer and add to the mix. Vitamin A is especially crucial for overall eye health and vision. Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above may be affiliate links, meaning if you click through the links to vendors, and purchase a product, those vendors may pay me a small percentage as commission, without affecting the price you pay. Put it back in the dehydrator and continue drying. Pot pies, soups, stews au gratin casseroles and if you hydrate them before you cook them they make amazing hash browns and fried taters, it’s like the dehydrating process allows them to crisp up on the outside yet stay soft on the inside. This Mashed Sweet Potato recipe is mega creamy, buttery, salty, sweet and savory; but the deliciousness doesn\u2019t stop there, I\u2019ve also included ways to mix up the flavor profile from adding bacon, cheese and nuts, to brown butter, garlic and herbs. Keep an eye out for these and remove. TIP: If your mix is still tacky after many hours, you might have laid it down too thickly. But enough yammering on about the differences… (ba-doom-chh) … if you want to geek out on yams and sweet potatoes (it is some pretty cool reading! Add additional milk if desired for smoother\/creamier potatoes. Prepare your sweet potatoes the same as above and load into a dehydrator, leaving space in between slices to make cooking even. Stir in some sour cream to make them creamy again. Recipe: Mashed Sweet Potatoes (Yams) with Apple. When potatoes are almost to desired consistency add chives and mix in. Add more hot water if desired. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Carlsbad Cravings. For Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Nuts: for a more savory nut crunch, try dry roasted pine nuts or oven roasted pecans. It is important to use warmed milk to maintain the temperature of the sweet potatoes for creamier results. Bring to a boil (I cover to speed up the process, then uncover); reduce heat and simmer 10-15 minutes or until very tender when pierced with a fork; drain VERY WELL. i was sloppy here – the edges should be a bit thicker, because they dry faster than the rest. Mash thoroughly till smooth, or: And for the record, neither is related to regular potatoes, which are nightshades (family Solanaceae) – and not allowed on the Autoimmune Protocol because they are highly inflammatory. 7. This Mashed Sweet Potato recipe is mega creamy, buttery, salty, sweet and savory; but the deliciousness doesn’t stop there, I’ve also included ways to mix up the flavor profile from adding bacon, cheese and nuts, to brown butter, garlic and herbs. And red or white, they do taste great. Dried Sweet Potatoes - Cooking and food storage made that much easier. Add just enough more water to make the spuds soft. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Dehydrator: Dry at 135° for 8 to 12 hours (timing depends on how wet your mix is). I typically dehydrate my sweet potato dog treats approximately 10-12 hours. ","When potatoes are almost to desired consistency add chives and mix in. These directions are per serving; quadruple if you brought the entire batch Fast Instant Sweet Potatoes for One. If you are using a food dehydrator, spread the mashed potatoes in a fruit leather tray. If your Mashed Sweet Potatoes taste bland – they are probably missing salt. 3. And while it seems traditional mashed potatoes get most of the love, these Mashed Sweet Potatoes are every bit as delicious. Other kinds of vegetables that can be dried using a food dehydrator are beets, carrots, greens, squash, peas, corn, pumpkin, celery, and broccoli. Drain your sweet potatoes by transferring them to a colander and letting them sit for several minutes, shaking occasionally, then patting dry before transferring to the mixing bowl. Heat ½ cup water (per serving) to a boil. It creates fluffier, smoother potatoes that can’t be achieved any other way – and its effortless. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”. If you are going for more rustic, chunky mashed sweet potatoes, you can theoretically leave the skin on, but you might find the skin distracting. Add the desired amount of cooled mashed sweet potatoes to a freezer size bag. 4 cups cubed white sweet potatoes (roughly 2 large spuds) Dehydrate at 130 degrees F until dry (I did mine overnight, and they were done by morning). Let stand for 15 minutes. For Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Candied Nuts: use my easy 5-minute caramelized nuts recipe for an easy no-fail win. These orange fleshed sweet potatoes are sweeter and creamier compared to their tan or purple skinned counterparts. True yams are native to Africa, Asia, and other tropical areas, and are fairly uncommon in the U.S., unless you look in an international or specialty market. Easy Sweet Potatoes. optional: 1 Tbs coconut aminos, Bring For In-Camp Preparation: Dehydrating Sweet Potatoes in an Oven 1 Preheat your oven to its lowest setting. If you came up with some leathery pieces, break them up as well as you can, and grind the heck out of them. I'm a climber, hiker, dog lover, trail runner, writer, code wrangler, yogini, and adventurer. DO NOT do this if you aren’t sure the mix is totally dry. Break up the large pieces as much as you can – this makes it easier to load into the blender or food processor. The time varies depending on how large the potato chunks are, how large of a pot you have, how deep of a pot, the type of pot and stove. Lay the paper layer on the countertop sans tray, place the tray upside down on the layer of mix, flip the whole thing over, and peel the paper off to expose the wetter side. Garnish with a pad of softened butter and fresh parsley or thyme if desired."]}. I personally am a mashed potato critic so I do not like frozen mashed potatoes because the texture changes when thawed. Also, try and select sweet potatoes that are uniform in size so it’s easier to create uniform cubes that boil evenly. Steam until soft enough that a fork goes into a piece easily. Here are step-by-step instructions: Start by first peeling your sweet potatoes. 5. The edges will dry faster than the inner part, so make the edges thicker. Place spuds, salt, garlic (and optional coconut aminos) in a large food processor (or bowl). sweet potatoes (peeled, chopped into 2\u201d cubed)","6 tablespoons unsalted butter","1\/3 cup milk","1\/4 cup sour cream","3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (more or less to taste)","1 teaspoon cinnamon","1\/2-3\/4 teaspoon salt (plus more for boiling)","1\/2 tsp EACH garlic powder, dried parsley","1\/4 tsp EACH dried thyme, pepper","1\/8 tsp EACH ground nutmeg, ground cloves","3 tablespoons chopped chives"],"recipeInstructions":["Add potatoes to a Dutch oven and add just enough water to cover potatoes. The first protein powder formulated especially for the AIP, or Autoimmune Protocol. Yes, there are two ways to make Mashed Sweet Potatoes ahead of time. and measures roughly 3 scant TBS. Here on BCP I share my inspiration about recipes, training and enjoying the backcountry life while living with an autoimmune condition. Transfer mashed sweet potatoes to an oven safe casserole dish and spread into an even layer. TO FREEZE INDIVIDUAL MASHED POTATO SERVINGS: Mashed Sweet Potatoes make a tasty side to practically everything! 4. Reserve the fresh chives for after mashing. fold your edges over so the paper doesn’t blow up onto the mix. 1 cup Dehydrated mashed potatoes; 3/4 cup Boiling water; Instructions . The potatoes can be doctored with additional butter, etc., but they still aren’t the same in my opinion. They are long like sweet potatoes, but do not taper at the ends and are darker, almost black, and have a rough texture. For shredded version, shred raw sweet potatoes and blanch before dehydrating. Don’t worry about being exact here, just cut them so they are generally the same size so they will cook evenly. When they were done dehydrating I put them in the blender and made potato granules and we use them like instant mashed potatoes. They pair beautifully with chicken, steak, pork or seafood. Special Diet. It is important to thoroughly dry the sweet potatoes otherwise you will end up with watery Mashed Sweet Potatoes instead of ideal maximum fluffiness. This Mashed Sweet Potato recipe is mega creamy, buttery, salty, sweet and savory; but the deliciousness doesn’t stop there, I’ve also included ways to mix up the flavor profile from adding bacon, cheese and nuts, to brown butter, garlic and herbs. 4. 6. Leave out the 1 cup water. The Best Sweet Potatoes. It also helps vital organs such as the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs work properly. Scoop massed sweet potatoes onto a parchment lined baking sheet using a cookie scoop so they are not touching (you may use more than one scoop per serving). Remove from dehydrator/oven and let cool completely. Clean Eating Recipes. Timing should start after the water is boiling. 2. Thawed, reheated potatoes will likely be watery. grind to cous-cous size. link to this nutrition data website is above in text. Season with 1\/2 teaspoon salt. Blanch potatoes before dehydrating – super important!! This post may contain affiliate links. So they started calling them “yams”. After cooling, double check that it’s fully dry. By adding salt to the boiling water, you are instantly infusing your potatoes with flavor from the inside out that simply isn’t achievable any other way. Dehydrated Mashed Sweet Potatoes {coconut free, AIP, Paleo} Makes four 1/3- to 1/2-cup servings (rehydrated) Each dried serving weights about 1 oz. A butter knife should slice through the potato with zero resistance. Comments. Available in the can and in single serving packets! Lay out parchment paper or Paraflexx sheets on 2 to 4 dehydrator trays (depends how runny you made it; start with two). To make Mashed Sweet Potatoes in the oven: Here are some pro tips for the BEST Mashed Sweet Potatoes: By following my Mashed Sweet Potato recipe, you shouldn’t run into any problems, but here are some troubleshooting tips to prevent gummy mashed potatoes: Overmixing sweet potatoes is usually the culprit for gummy, gluey or sticky potatoes. Check the trays once in a while to make sure you’re on top of drying time. Sweet potatoes come in 4 colors: purple, orange, yellow and white. 4. Stir in apple juice, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Label with ingredients and date, and store in a cool, dark location until trip time. 4. Transfer drained potatoes to a mixing bowl. Always place the sweet potatoes into the pot before you add the water to so you know exactly how much water you need to just cover the tops. It helps protects the eyes from age related degeneration as well night blindness. 1 tsp sea salt Cut your potatoes into thin slices. Please read my disclosure policy. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Gently scrub and wash potatoes in the sink Put in a pan of water, NO SALT, and bring to … October 21, 2010 at 8:39 am. You can either prep the potatoes or make them in their entirety. Wash sweet potatoes, rub in oil, poke with a fork for vent holes. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/white-n-sweet-mashed-potatoes Serve warm. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value for my readers. Add butter\/milk to sweet potatoes along with all remaining ingredients except chives. water for steaming Serve them whenever you would serve traditional potatoes as a side. 2. Separate into 4 servings, and package up in ziploc bags. Try to … After purchasing sweet potatoes, remove them from any plastics bags so they have breathing room. Oven: Set on lowest temperature setting. Eiww. My favorite method is a handheld electric mixer. Bake for 40-60 minutes, or until potatoes are easy to slice with a butter knife. So, if you’re still searching for a Thanksgiving side that is simple, easy and everyone will love – this Mashed Sweet Potato recipe is it! Let baked potatoes rest for 10 minutes or so. Use very tender cooked sweet potatoes so they blend into creamy perfection. Remove the spuds from the sheets by folding the paper in half, and crumbling the spuds into the bowl. Cajun Chicken Black Bean and Sweet Potato Bowls. Proceed to add butter, sour cream, milk, etc. ), here are four great resources: Sweet potatoes are low in sodium; a good source of fiber, vitamin B6 and potassium; a great source of manganese, and Vitamins A and C. One large sweet potato has roughly 180 calories, 4g protein, 2g sugar and 37g carbs. Total Time 15 mins. The ideal temperature for raw dehydration is 115 F (46 C) and below. 1. Below is some information I share in my original mashers post; I think it’s interesting enough to warrant putting it here too. Add salt, Herbamare, optional pepper (NOT AIP), coconut oil to taste, and serve. ©Carlsbad Cravings by CarlsbadCravings.com, {"@context":"http:\/\/schema.org\/","@type":"Recipe","name":"Mashed Sweet Potatoes","author":{"@type":"Person","name":"Jen"},"datePublished":"2019-11-22 20:07:16","image":"https:\/\/carlsbadcravings.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2019\/11\/mashed-sweet-potatoes-6.jpg","description":"These Mashed Sweet Potatoes are super easy to make and belong on your dinner table weekly! Idahoan Flavored Mashed Potatoes, Made with Gluten-Free 100-Percent Real Idaho Potatoes, Variety Pack of 12 Pouches (4 Servings Each) 4.7 out of 5 stars 297 $32.00 $ 32 . and mash/mix to desired consistency. I eat mashers for breakfast and dinner. ","recipeYield":"6 servings","prepTime":"PT20M","cookTime":"PT20M","recipeIngredient":["3 lbs. 1. It is safe to assume, however, that all “yams” you see are actually sweet potatoes! Beat with a hand held mixer for a fluffier and smoother consistence or mash with a potato masher or fork for a chunkier/heavier consistency. Drying puree will take less time than slices. You will want to dehydrate the potatoes at 140° for about 24-36 hours, depending on how thick you put the potatoes on.