So all right this A string, we can feel is a lot looser than the low E string. Should I get a screwdriver or something? Sit with your guitar comfortably across your right knee, so you can fret the strings with your left hand. NOTE: as most, this is not a wound string! I tune 1,2, 5 and 6 small strings 1/10th of a half step sharper than the larger string. I can play an E chord and it sounds great. I did change the high E, but only to another from the same 3-pack. My high e string on my guitar won't tune right. Now we don’t want these to be too tight, just because it can be kind of hard to tune them when they’re way too tight. 13 votes, 13 comments. it just would not sound right. OK, so why is this true? Smaller radii fingerboards are less forgiving. Aug-05-2010, 5:20pm. The guitar nut sits at the very top of the fretboard. Every time you hit that key you get the note you want. The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. Nut Slot is Cut Too High If your guitar is in tune with an open string and intonated in tune at the 12th fret, but the string plays sharp at the first couple of frets, your nut is cut too high. I've restrung my guitar properly but for some reason i can't tune it. How High Can You Tune a Guitar String Before it Breaks? D and G strings already sound great so I leave them alone. Hope it doesn't happen any more! Now tune the string to pitch, and repeat the process on the SAME string, until you don't really need to retune it anymore. It’s really important to get the nut seating the strings correctly as they pass over it. To enter. Yahoo ist Teil von Verizon Media. Changed from .10 to Ernie Ball Cobalt .009.Went from Low E to High E. When I was all tuned up hit the whammy and the high e disengaged. String up the new string. If you're in the middle of a song, you likely won't get it back to the perfect tone, but you can get it close enough. I've never broken a string on this mandolin before. Be careful not to wind it too tight, or the string may snap. What should I do? If you tune the low E to the high E, then you're looking at: E +1898 (2400 cents or two octaves above the low E) But if you tune the A string (7th fret harmonic) to the high E, then you'll end up with: E +1902 (1902 cents or one octave and a just fifth above the … View Full Version : E string won't tune high enough. I'm tuning my guitar and my A String won't tune past a certain pitch. Anyways, they were getting old and dead so I had a package of Martin SP's 3100 sitting around, so I … Dazu gehört der Widerspruch gegen die Verarbeitung Ihrer Daten durch Partner für deren berechtigte Interessen. Close. Damit Verizon Media und unsere Partner Ihre personenbezogenen Daten verarbeiten können, wählen Sie bitte 'Ich stimme zu.' Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by TeleTurkey, Feb 2, 2007. TDPRI, short for Telecaster Discussion Page Reissue, is the leading online community and marketplace for Telecaster guitars. Is it the same string breaking each time, and is it in any specific position? Before i changed my strings yesterday, my E string went way out of tune after some really hard playing (they were 3 months old too). (You must log in or sign up to reply here. If it’s cut too narrow it pinches the string as you tune and you get that sense of nothing happening until you hear a ‘ping’ Then all of a sudden the pitch of the string jumps upward. If you can’t remember the last time you changed your bass strings, this could be a big reason why it won’t stay in tune. I was using D'addario EXPs. The Tuning Pegs. This also helps keep your strings from slipping out of tune. When setting up an electric guitar, I always intonate the high and low E strings first, and then I eyeball the other four strings to look pretty similar to what I'm seeing on your guitar. Yesterday, I broke my electric guitar's High E string while trying to tune it. When the strings are at pitch, put a capo on the first fret; this eliminates the nut’s height from the measurement. Next, place your thumb on the 15th fret, which eliminates the bridge’s height in the same way. But sharpen the top string a little and it sounds great. Daten über Ihr Gerät und Ihre Internetverbindung, darunter Ihre IP-Adresse, Such- und Browsingaktivität bei Ihrer Nutzung der Websites und Apps von Verizon Media. I just put new strings on it yesterday and all the other ones sound good but its the e string that sounds really bad. One reason relates to the physical layout of a guitar compared to a piano or even a violin. Here is the sound of high E string (1st string) in standard guitar tuning. Bridge Adjustments. I'm a complete beginner, so I looked up some videos on YouTube on how to replace it. So, i tried to tune back up to E, but it wouldn't go all the way. Re: E string won't tune high enough I would recommend at least two complete turns at the post, three is better, before you begin to tighten, when putting on a new string. This can all be c… Tighten the strings by turning the tuning peg left. Insert the other end of the string in the tunning peg and just let enough string to let you make a good 3-4 loop around the peg. String Size Matters. Using your string winder or your fingers, carefully turn the tuning peg to bring the string back to tension. The unwound strings have a similar symmetry with the high E string the most forward. If you tune these different tuning pegs, just pull that out a little bit. I try to tune it but it just ends up sounding exactly like the B string, and when i tune it tighter my guitar tuner tells me its too high, im using D'adario string by the way, so please help!!!! You’re effectively bending a string around a cylinder, while the end remains fixed. Did all of the above steps to the letter. it is not good to tune one string all the way up at a time). When string height at the nut is too high, chords and notes in the first position are often out of tune. I don't know why I didn't have these on my channel earlier....!! ! Through the above, you will manually stretch the string, and won't have to wait until it … It’s really important to get the nut seating the strings correctly as they pass over it. I tried raising the stopbar, raising the action, lubing the nut slots, tightening the string tension,and it still won't fully go away. 2nd string B - slighlty longer (towards the bridge) 3rd sring D- still longer slightly. I don't know about Buzz Feiten, but there's a way you can achieve better all round tuning for free and you can do it by ear alone. I had to replace it with an un-coated string. Make sure that when you tug on the string, you do it gently, don't want to break it. So i decided to restring my acoustic guitar, all strings are well tuned except for my high E string. High e string won't stay in tune...HELP! Other than that, try slower and wait in between. I recently strung one of my mandolins with the EXPs and one of the high E strings broke the next day. The E and B strings are usually pretty thin adn you have neough room to add extra just for good measure! Then I do the same for all the strings one at a time. It has to contact a fret eventually. So let’s say you get your low E string in perfect tune: the minute you push down on t… It'll get to a certain pitch then it'll ping really … Would anyone know what the … Do I have a bad string? Is Up is the new Drop? PROBLEM: My strings won’t intonate properly! I have a problem, my high E string refuses to stay in tune. 3) Tune G, B and high E In general, one gauge difference in strings won’t be discernible. Just put new strings on but they just won't tune? Apparently, it should just slide out the back, but it won't...? I had to replace it with an un-coated string. If you strum down gently on each individual string, these are the notes you’ll hear when the guitar is in tune, from the lowest string (the sixth or thickest string) to the highest string (the first or thinnest string): E, A, D, G, B and E. On my acoustic, I can tune my low E string to be in tune. Verifying with my chromatic tuner I find that the E string fretted at the third fret brings a slightly sharp G note. They may work better for you! Also, tuning should start with the middle two strings, first A followed by the D string. I swapped out the strings with new light high E guitar strings (the thinnest string on the guitar in case you don't know; they measure 0.011; I have a guitar so I've changed a guitar string or two before) and tried tuning it up, but this time it could barely hit a B even at its tightest where if I were to push it higher the nut would slide back down just like last time. Perhaps you have a sharp spot on your bridge for instance. If the strings are in tune, but the bridge is … The guitar is a Washburn acoustic, Koa wood model, with great tones for the price paid.