Inkscape is a free multi-platform and feature rich graphics program. Once installed, select save as or save a copy, and you should see a type called Android VectorDrawable (*.xml) in the dropdown list. Inkscape is a vector graphics editor, which has everything needed to create professional-quality computer art. Programs like Inkscape are developed to be compatible with vector graphics. Android vectors have slightly different opacity implementations. Other interesting Android Tablet alternatives to Inkscape are Vector Paint (Free Personal), Vector Artist (Paid) and Spotiplus (Free). Android Launcher Icons Using Inkscape. Check the README file (or see the external link) for usage and limitations. While it does require internet connectivity it also fulfill's your requirement of seeing the files as they are updated. Inkscape has three opacity values for paths: stroke, fill, and overall. Manually create a simple vector tracing of any image. and great care is taken in designing a streamlined interface. [In Inkscape] Select text block. Related question about SVG-to-VectorDrawable conversion: Inkscape export XML for Android drawable resource directory. Android Studio has a function to reformat code. I have manage to create the icons in Inkscape, but I didn't manage to convert the SVG from Inkscape to Android vector. In Inkscape, you will need to enable Android touchscreen in File → Input Devices (see screenshots). This technique can be used to create vector cartoon images as well. Every good Android Application (App) deserves a custom launcher icon. I have tried any thing, with no succeeded. Inkscape is an Open Source vector graphics editor supporting many advanced SVG features (markers, clones, alpha blending, etc.) As Inkscape still doesn't support this, and assuming you are hand editing 'svg' files for inclusion on a website you might be better off using a service like CodePen. I am making my first Android app, and I am trying to make my own icons. Inkscape Review: Vector and Raster graphics. -svg : generate a Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file the best output format for your needs may be the svg , so after converted the pdf page you can open this svg with any svg app (with inkscape or the good old sodipodi for instance), select the vector elements you want extract and save [In Inkscape] Menu "Path | Object To Path" Save as "Inkscape SVG" [Android Studio] Import SVG ("Right-click on app/res/drawable" | "New Vector Asset" and select file saved in (3). Affinity is an established product with the possibility of growth backed by a company. It can be used to generate vector graphic images to a high standard and … A tutorial on editing SVG by hand can be found here. If that doesn't suit you, our users have ranked more than 100 alternatives to Inkscape and four of them are available for Android Tablet so hopefully you can find a suitable replacement. While Inkscape is open-source software, updated by volunteers. For best results, also enable Windows → Single Window Mode in GIMP. They both support stylus pressure. If you don't want to use an existing image then a graphics program is used to design the launcher icon, and other graphical resources. AndroidVector by owenfromcanada: Stop exporting dozens of PNGs for your Android app -- this extension adds a new save as type for Android vector drawable resources. These programs function in a pretty different manner compared to raster-based software like Photoshop. Kind of "mode" for Inkscape that gives the xml for android - crushed. Inkscape's default save format is "Inkscape SVG", which is a normal SVG file that is compliant with the SVG 1.1 standard, along with metadata and additional information used by Inkscape in the inkscape namespace. Explanation. Fundamentally, Inkscape, Illustrator, and CorelDRAW fall into this category. Android has no overall opacity, so this is combined with the stroke and fill opacities. Press Back key to show keyboard. For now, I'll stick with Affinity but I'd prefer to work on Inkscape if only it could make the same usability quality jump that Blender did with its 2.8 update.