Ss have to make questions for the information provided (15 sentences). To form the negative and the interrogative we need the auxiliary verb to do in the present simple. The last is a fun worksheet used to apply what they learned to write declarative and interrogative sentence. “Why are you sitting idle here”, Mariya said. Quiz & Worksheet Goals. Notes: Types of Sentences Declarative: A declarative sentence is a statement. Example: The sun is bright. Why asks the reason for it. What did you do then? No one can tolerate this. Subjects: English Language Arts, Grammar. The following exercises will give you practice in changing word order and (in some cases) verb forms as you convert 20 declarative sentences into interrogative sentences. ��FISXM�I�(�#1. Interrogative clauses . She lives in Canada. This worksheet tests your ability to change affirmative sentences into interrogative sentences. Notes. 5. 4 put the words in the correct order. It will ask questions about what an interrogative sentence is and the proper format of these interrogative sentences, including word order and punctuation. Interrogative-Sentences. Info. 5. <> Wh questions and answers. To play this quiz, please finish editing it. The first two activities are cutting and sorting declarative and interrogative sentences to their appropriate columns. %PDF-1.5 A. Int. _____ 2. Working through this free pdf worksheet, kids in 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade will be able to identify the type of each of the sentences with increased knowledge and confidence. How can I re-use this? endobj We add ‘not’ between the object and verb of the passive voice. There are two main kinds of interrogative sentences. 8. This quiz is incomplete! A declarative sentence ends with a period. www.english-area.com Los mejores recursos gratuitos para aprender y enseñar inglés Simple Past (interrogative) 1. Fred and Mary go to school five days a week. Complete the sentences. She will be alright. Direct and Indirect speech exercise for question sentences with solved answers at the end. 2. Change interrogative sentences into assertive sentences. ? Fundamentals Interrogative adverbs are used for asking questions. An example is given below. The conjunction “that” is used in Indirect speech of all positive sentences. 1 0 obj Filed in CBSE English Worksheets for Grade 6. Exercise of Interrogative Sentences with Answer key. <>>> There is nothing particularly impressive about this picture. Ss have to make questions for the information provided (15 sentences). A sentence begins with a capital letter. 40 Examples with Interrogative Sentences, Interrogative Sentences Throughout our life, we constantly question things, and therefore we have many questions in our minds. Convert the following sentences into interrogative sentences. Definitions and interrogative sentences are one of declarative sentence is the same, make a lot! Posted by Manjusha. Passive meaning is basically where the subject is not doing anything.Active passive voice is a topic worth learning because it covers more than 25% of the language. Wh questions and answers. Int. Direct and Indirect speech exercise for question sentences with solved answers at the end. Other types of sentences, like declarative and exclamatory sentences, interrogative sentences make up the common parts of conversations. •An interrogative sentence asks a question and ends with a question mark(?). 2 Elephants live in Africa. It rains very often in England. ir8�3�X��� T�`�2T�v���Y2%N�d.��@g�%fkcU �S��:"q���3u`5��SG�����:"a5H�x�]G�����:B0L�g누3%� 9f�='�#l�C��)�� �Ls�YG,+0u�ֺYG@� U�h]b1��ia`���ZG ��:B,�PGl>�:"�P��y�Q�%,��Hq��ƈ�&c,�� �2cy�EU��~^�Ưl4� e��\��H5(R~��X� .���H� x��}k�$�q�w��q�����a���e\�+�4��z�$W���k ��7O������������UYY����w?��ۿ���ۇ��~���_�����������wo����?~�������/~���/����wy������������U��)�Rۇq�×_������_~�����?v_��_�zF����/���v��}ڹ}�~c����v��Oq��z�W_~�O2�a_���}h�����]��V�^ٍ+��h�>�����}oc��%�����e����t��߷�O�o��nw_�����7>���������|��5�5�~?�������w��4������D0��.���ޖwȳ�w}�ˣ����gP�g������9�si��6K<9|{��~�����o���ܿ wo�?�Ϸ��������4>�~��ye/~~�@�O�_��!���j���s����{��1���ۿ�ʗ��?=����.�}�����ilH�q�g�W�xa��֊Ln��w����N�6��N������3K,��0�q4���^���;?��V��ڥ�\�p0�!���B,���K���H�=Qx���~�ηݯ~ܩ;�{3�8U�v=��Ws������������ݯ������`�~����j�Ԑa1�]�H�4$&�!8q�|߇���2��|� �d�6��~&�VPa9V/��9~O\�Y�.������A�4���Si��[=����Cy��Ttzݏ����z�9��G���m��^��cr�����)l�tBM��;��ۉ�G�:i�w}��P2�ؔP5�am���ǝ�֦�?T}��i_ڣ���z4�Oq�ґx=���ji�dž �p��G�"�W����'Ծ�6�V���BGNyr�o����w�o��{؝O��|~�'\yw���&�o�`95�6�:��� :�G�y���f,���c��)g�������Y\���dq�=}��m��/=��0�v�g(��}O��'9�o��)���t3G���X�(]ؕyh���mj���0~'�]d������u�tK}Xhx�k�359'�z����n���ݧ�_?����է���-3���>ھuL/��� �j�#9��� �}�1�� Ե��~^��"\0���~�R.t������7�*��rhUJWە�)��7. Level: elementary Age: 10-100 Author:ptrces Fullscreen : B04 = Verb to do, Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative Verbs to do. James teaches at a school. Examples and definition of a Interrogative Sentence. Use the present perfect form of the verbs in brackets. 2. Direct and Indirect Speech Exercises with Answers PDF. Switzerland is known for its scenic beauty. Author: Kamila Created Date: Therefore, interrogative sentences can very well be formed using the modal verbs; though they usually make a request or demand a Yes/No in reply, rather than an explanation. To form the negative and the interrogative we need the auxiliary verb to do in the present simple. An example is given below. Susie has a beautiful voice. Convert the following sentences into exclamatory sentences. Kinds of Sentences Examples Declarative Whitcomb L. Judson invented the zipper. Practice Exercises . Interrogative Adverbs Exercises for Class 5 CBSE with Answers PDF. An interrogative sentence will always end with a question mark (?) Our focus in these exercises is to help students understand the difference between the common question words. Interrogatives in English What would you like to eat? �K�� �1a�mC-cj5K�F�e���� Out of the Four alternatives suggested, select the one which best Expresses the same sentence in Direct/Indirect and mark Your answer. Human beings are social creatures. This is my doll. Negative no student disliked the program. No one can tolerate this. Change the following assertive sentences into interrogative. R��@����3������(p�3��q�+2�醔�����3��C�7d��L��@Ց�@ Intermediate Level Grammar Exercise November 29, 2020; Gap Filling Exercise November 26, 2020; Tenses: present simple, pres.continuous, past simple, going to. Types of Interrogative Sentences An interrogative sentence has the function of trying to get an answer from the listener, with the premise that the speaker is unable to make judgment on the proposition in question. QUESTIONS WORDS AND INTERROGATIVE SENTENCES.EXERCISES.pdf ... Loading… 1. Tes Paid Licence. Let’s have a look at following sentences. We are going to Agra. We are going to Agra. exercise 2: fill in the correct interrogative pronoun; useful pages. 7. and this makes them easy to spot. Vocabulary worksheets: interrogative sentences. Q1. Where, when and how ask about the place, time and manner of an event or an action. This quiz is incomplete! Downloadable worksheets: Grammar Review for Beginners - 3-page review, 14 different exercises, fully editable, with keys included Level: elementary Age: 12-17 %PDF-1.4 ID: 24719 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: 9 Junior High School Age: 11-18 Main content: Positive, negative and interrogative sentences Other contents: Past Continuous- Past Simple Add to my workbooks (6) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom ������:�(��ac�����. 7. ii. Exclamatory What a lot of inventions there are! Do elephants… While transforming interrogative sentences into assertive sentences, we add 'not' if the interrogative sentence is in the affirmative. Level: elementary Age: 10-100 Author:ptrces Fullscreen : B04 = Verb to do, Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative Verbs to do. 1 Peter doesn't talk to many people. It was a great sight. Suggested Videos An interrogative sentence ends with a In order to learn new information, to eliminate confusion and clarify a subject we are curious about, we construct questioning sentences. 4. Interrogatives in English The following changes occur when an interrogative sentence in the direct speech is … Filed in CBSE Grade 7 Grammar Worksheets. Declarative and Interrogative Sentences A sentence is a group of words that expresses a complete thought. To be present exercises esl. 1. Mariya asked that why I was sitting idle there. ... Latest Exercises. 1. _____ Neg. Affirmative, Negative and Interrogative. How can I re-use this? Gulliver could hear his watch ticking in his pocket. i. . 2. “How can I understand this sum”, said the student. While converting past perfect sentences into interrogative sentences, we use Had before the subject or beginning of the sentence. Comma and inverted commas will be removed. Good - 27-29 points. ii. Exercises: Present simple interrogative exercises II Ejercicios del presente simple interrogativo II Presente simple interrogativo. Active and Passive voice are used accordingly while communicating. Presentation Read the picture story. 3 0 obj Change interrogative sentences into assertive sentences. Interrogative Determiners should not be confused with the Interrogative Adverbs and the two are completely different in the purpose they serve in a sentence or clause. 4 Put the words in the correct order. Identify each sentence below as declarative, interrogative, imperative,orexclamatory. 4. x�c�K0!��Ơ ��)�&�k�#� Alternative Interrogative Sentences. The final punctuation is always a question mark (?. It is useless to cry over spilt milk. For example consider the following sentences- Other resources by this author. The similarities of Change the following affirmative sentences into negative and interrogative sentences. v. She has been to Lucknow. These studies helped to identify the cellular progenitors of memory CD8 T. My uncle was staying at the Holiday Inn, the most affordable hotel in the neighborhood. <> Interrogative-Sentences. Use the present perfect form of the verbs in brackets. ii. Alternative Interrogative sentences give the listener an opportunity to choose from the options provided. Active voice: Did she recognize you? Interrogative sentences can be classified from various points of view. ID: 24719 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: 9 Junior High School Age: 11-18 Main content: Positive, negative and interrogative sentences Other contents: Past Continuous- Past Simple Add to my workbooks (6) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom �����@؏���N�0���ib���E2�%c�)7�C March 24, 2015 - Read the following sentences. Peter knows the answer. Exercise 1 Identifying the Four Kinds of Sentences. March 24, 2015 - Read the following sentences. Affirmative, Negative and Interrogative. Exercise 1 Identifying the Four Kinds of Sentences. _____ Neg. ... View more. A sentence that tells something is a declarative sentence. 2. Doesn't Peter talk to many people? Created: May 19, 2017. The basic rules for converting Direct Speech (question sentences) into Indirect Speech are as follows: Examples are at the end. The following exercises will give you practice in changing word order and (in some cases) verb forms as you convert 20 declarative sentences into interrogative sentences. i. iii. The first one has been done for you. stream iv. exercises for practising demonstrative pronouns (this / that / these / those) exercises for practising relative pronouns (who(m)/ whose/ which/ that, etc) exercises for practising possessive pronouns (my/ mine/ of mine etc.) Simply identify the goal is the college every weekend and in order and the declarative. Practice Exercises . And all of these sentences can be categorized into 4 types of sentences: declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory; each with its own specific purpose. Working through this free pdf worksheet, kids in 1st grade, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade will be able to identify the type of each of the sentences with increased knowledge and confidence. While transforming interrogative sentences into assertive sentences, we add 'not' if the interrogative sentence is in the affirmative. Mariya asked why I was sitting idle there. Directions (1-30): In the following questions, a Sentence has been given in Direct/Indirect. Academia.edu is a platform for academics to share research papers. Notes. An interrogative sentence ends with a 3. Who is 3 Complete the sentences using hasn’t got or haven’t got. Giving into an interrogative sentences exercises of giving commands as it over and how you teach �q�ZE���`B��)@,n�Σ"$�7�L xހ-�V�!��� +>`�[EE!ͦ�*���2�'Jt�4bn�� =�D�AŭR@E&N���1�+�R����+)Z,M1�K�l����c�Ae�wIH#���o�R ̡_"c�EJ���:�I�'�r��Pi�C�Y$ �CG9�mj�i�Q�!�`�$#�Ԧ ��]� bx� �V6(x�f�d� Read the below sentence- 3. Complete the sentences. International; ... pdf, 35 KB. Created: May 19, 2017. i. What game do you want to play? “How can I understand this sum”, said the student. Fundamentals Interrogative adverbs are used for asking questions. Tes Paid Licence. It is useless to cry over spilt milk. Interrogative pronouns . 4. There is nothing particularly impressive about this picture. Switzerland is known for its scenic beauty. This means we have to add –es in the 3rd person singular (he, she, it) while the main verb will be used in the infinitive. Delete Quiz. She took a lot of time to finish the work. They are used to frame a question. The basic function (job) of an interrogative sentence is to ask a direct question.It asks us something or requests information (as opposed to a statement which tells us something or gives information). 1. 8. Declarative, Interrogative and Exclamatory Sentences Determine if each sentence is declarative, interrogative or exclamatory. Those which start with an auxiliary verb and those which start with a question word such as what, why, when, where, how etc. A sentence begins with a capital letter. / Changing interrogative sentences into the passive. In this article, we are going to focus on practice exercises for Interrogative (Question based) sentences. Interrogative Who invented the zipper? This frock once belonged to me. The student asked how can ... Read moreReported Speech Exercise Interrogative Sentences iv. This frock once belonged to me. It was a great sight. Exclamatory: An exclamatory sentence shows strong feeling. v. She has been to Lucknow. This is my doll. 5. Answers 1. 2 Write interrogative sentences using have got or has got. Interrogative Who invented the zipper? They are sitting in the red Santro car. The first two activities are cutting and sorting declarative and interrogative sentences to their appropriate columns. 6. Filed in CBSE Grade 7 Grammar Worksheets. Practise the verb TO BE interrogative English Exercises > to be exercises. Combining Sentences. Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative & Exclamatory Sentences | MCQ. Students choose the correct question word to complete each sentence. Interrogative Sentences Exercises with Answers for Class 5 CBSE Pdf. Complete the sentences, choosing the correct form … �]yޙsv��S��#;�YT=2'�ΐC�$�r8z:�8��l���;��˥�/P���5����%�g_��m����3o��s����sJ�G�U��s�GW�e���˙��T�����K��E��q�������`$�e٣�z��G�y�'�C4ѩ��D��s���W$NqF��â�.�G��y��yxI���${8N��znI����PC�rD/���C���$I�h,&�A�q1W���;���&˝�]�^n�CRDΣ�NYSa L*�|&daдGG�I��a�T0���Y���lb8]���J�4'��1��� GENC,��zxtE�@�6&da�KݣA(���N9�ɋ�졮.r"���rdK�;Y�d���2X�.�(��`yU`]��t�|ێ��v�0^�=a�#3ǩ92�vi��g�92���l��%�}�H���@ �c@Ъ��c�s��ޟ�)���%))�ƥTudwt22��w�G㉽ v��&&dcx�71������z{�q��5�,20X(}#�I��G�Q�``UF� �l^ Z��M�+��@�0�[�cV9�`H"��hd!#(��T0!����T�̈́}CX���U� |՚�"�jŚ����qL����ᯨI� � � bD�$]�h:� The student asked how can ... Read moreReported Speech Exercise Interrogative Sentences endobj Change the following affirmative sentences into interrogative sentences. PDF (2.62 MB) Sentences. 3. No one worships the setting sun. / Changing interrogative sentences into the passive. Present simple exercises lower intermediate level esl. 4 0 obj Og����b(o�����D� o&��=��f���A���� L�C���^�y4Ţ�@:=�71���I�)M��� �l,o�7���e���4�]����.5�d�:ƙ�(�qU�Q�G� Yǘ��m�L�1��ɘrs�ɥ9C�D6]43�)��1� 9����+��:k-��c-��IѠ6A[,cX� 7�aNoY�\�|o2gP'rO%���eaL]˦� [��Z��X���*�5f0a[,c�ښ�����e-�s�ɥ9C�T6]#�����+��{��� Example: I can’t believe I slept through my alarm! You come across so many sentences every day. •A declarative sentence makes a statement and ends with a period(.). �����)�b�`"Og���"������` � bAI|�X4���աuܚ ��s���U,4�a�s���� �$�=�$$h�g����m��kr��p@�_�N�¢���a]21�?���z"��xTق}�g�6��v���f�V�v�md��J�1����$ؘ���A'*]N4�����76|��sI4��V� ���H@�9�`�1��9���(*v.! Active Voice and Passive Voice are directly not asked in class 9 and 10 in CBSE but they are asked in many forms like gap filling, editing and omission and sometimes rearranging sentences are also in the passive voice. Convert the following sentences into interrogative sentences. Mariya asked why I was sitting idle there. +�8���)d�,g2��ACVX@.�T ��s��'s����E|�D)x�X�t�O�#��� =œ"3'�>Vpfc �����5 Below are six versions of our interrogative sentences worksheet. We did it on our own. 1. Changing interrogative sentences into the passive. Meera writes plays for the television. Interrogative Sentences Exercises with Answers for Class 5 CBSE Pdf. �eŢP�J1v��Ȇ�Ί����Hd���+�'��y�lIu���� ��o�J$�r9�^�E��c� 2. %�쏢 She will be alright. Change interrogative sentences into assertive sentences. Poonam is leaving today. Passive meaning is basically where the subject is not doing anything.Active passive voice is a topic worth learning because it covers more than 25% of the language. Interrogative sentences can be in positive or negative form, and in any tense.. What is the function of an interrogative sentence? Gulliver could hear his watch ticking in his pocket. and complex. No one worships the setting sun. Change the following assertive sentences into interrogative. Exercise of Interrogative Sentences with Answer key. 4. Mariya asked that why I was sitting idle there. Active Voice and Passive Voice are directly not asked in class 9 and 10 in CBSE but they are asked in many forms like gap filling, editing and omission and sometimes rearranging sentences are also in the passive voice. While converting past perfect sentences into interrogative sentences, we use Had before the subject or beginning of the sentence. %���� Change affirmative sentences into interrogative sentences. <> It ends in a period. Types of Sentences Worksheets and Task CardsIncluded in your purchase:-6 no prep reading comprehension passages to teach students the skill of identifying and using the 4 types of sentences (declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory)-5 anchor charts-24 task cardsHappy reading!©The Read Posted by Manjusha. r��b��d�� The first one has been done for you. 2. About this resource. Please note that these exercises are not about adding question words to make entirely new sentences, as in, "Where did Laura walk?" Why asks the reason for it. iii. Convert the following sentences into exclamatory sentences. Exercise of Interrogative Sentences with Answer key. {�$�ECl�i��!��@Z{�D�l��.EIL�u@�Z&��9a$1��AYm�'i�6�5����ܫ� ��6?�gv\™��Q (/� Imperative Lend me your book about inventors. 1. “Why are you sitting idle here”, Mariya said. We did it on our own. A sentence that tells something is a declarative sentence. To play this quiz, please finish editing it. With the use of the auxiliary verbs DO or DOES, change the following sentences to the INTERROGATIVE and NEGATIVE forms. Imperative Lend me your book about inventors. ���x��H vi. It ends in an exclamation point. Interrogative: An interrogative sentence asks a question. ��D@dP�mXDY�peUV�QY���Uo�N������|�{_ݪ��[U�;9/89�g>� ���H����8$Y1m��J"Ƃe����+�4&o�&�]ŀC��8���7�X!�">��c���T(؆i��%�3�-�"9�����GOʌ�q���e�T���%3�'0�k�CO�D顰I2D� T��1��+� �[�����8B��u�� !��%4|�pfl�$�6Bxƫ�&X�m� Does Peter not talk to many people? Please note that these exercises are not about adding question words to make entirely new sentences, as in, "Where did Laura walk?" 1. i. Let’s understand the types of sentences. Info. Although the languages are different, those have some similarities. 1) In order to build the direct interrogative form of a clause using an auxiliary verb (be - have), . Intermediate Level Grammar Exercise November 29, 2020; Gap Filling Exercise November 26, 2020; A sentence that asks a question is an interrogative sentence. 3 Complete the sentences using hasn’t got or haven’t got. Combining Sentences Exercises With Answers Pdf. Q1. 2. Other resources by this author. 7 0 obj Kinds of Sentences Examples Declarative Whitcomb L. Judson invented the zipper. A human being who came from different country has different language for communication. Q2. PDF (2.62 MB) Sentences. Declarative, Interrogative, Imperative & Exclamatory Sentences | MCQ. Q2. Declarative and Interrogative Sentences A sentence is a group of words that expresses a complete thought.