I’d love to hear what you think of them. 2017: Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner; 2018: Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner ; 2019: Matrix Biolage Hydrasource Conditioner ; Another favourite for a third year running. I know there are some out there and people use it but I’ve slowly stopped using shampoo. So the entire line isn't CGM approved just to be clear. Dine krøller vi See more ideas about Curly girl method, Curly girl, Natural hair styles. 🙂 Yes, to all of this. It promises ultimate firm hold which will keep your curls in check on even the busiest of days. “But, the gel crunch! These are my curly girl method favourite products, what are yours? Bounce Curl light creme er efterhånden et ikonisk kult produkt, for krøllet hår, som alle er gået amok over på de sociale medier. Have you tried any of these curly girl products? I was exhausted, and I just kind of gave up on doing much. R.A.W. Is it a crunchy gel? 2c. Giovanni Direct Leave in Conditioner – This is an extremely light conditioner, which is great for low porosity or fine hair.  I don’t leave a lot in, and I find a little bit goes a long way. much more reasonable Date published: 2020-10-13 Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great for curly/frizzy hair I have used this product for years. Curly Girl Method For Beginners (Easy Guide). This is the only product in the Matrix range that is Curly Girl approved. My hair is super dry at the moment so I’m trying to either not use too much mousse or not use it at all to see if it makes a difference. A word of warning though! This video, Curly Girl Method | Gel Review, is about all of the gels I've tried since starting the CGM & how I apply them. Every curly girl loves fancy curl products. CURLY (3a-3c) Forms a definite “S” shaped like a corkscrew. Day 3 curls, lightly refreshed with some CurlyWorld Leave in Lover gel. The “Curly Girl” method is based on the book “Curly Girl” by Lorraine Massey. Let me know if you have any other ones I should add to this post. Always read the ingredients list, my fellow curlies! But in essence, Lorraine wants you to avoid: sulphates; silicones … I honestly can’t see a difference between these two, apart from the price. One bottle of shampoo can cleanse your ringlets for months, but conditioner—six weeks, tops. Thought you might like to know they have it in stock :). 12 Curly girls know that sometimes the less you do to your curls, the better they look. Check out the video to see how my hair turned out!! Theme by 17th Avenue, Umberto Giannini Curl Jelly Scrunching Jelly, 5. Hey readers! Some commonly used oils include coconut, Argan, and olive oil. When I used Biolage last, I tried their hydratherapie line (seems most beneficial for curly, porous, color treated hair). Below is a simplified list of 12 curly girl approved products you can find at most drugstores. Biolage Hydra Source Conditioner. Purchased as it is a Curly Girl method approved product. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter – Probably one of my favourite conditioners, one of the first curly girl products I tried and one I always go back and repurchase.  It’s the perfect product if your hair likes richer conditioners. Yes! I know that the official term is the “Curly Girl Method” – however, if there’s one thing I learned is that wavies need to treat their routine a little differently than our super curly-haired sisters. The main reason for me to incorporate gel to my routine is to add hold to my curls without leaving them dry.  I’ve tried a few different gels but they either leave residue or leave my hair looking quite dull. Umberto Giannini Curl Jelly is by far my favourite, it’s not drying giving me defined curls and gives me a great cast. No, it’s not curly girl approved, it’s loaded with sulfates. It's is a lovely conditioner, I use it as a co-wash and leave in and it doesn't weigh down my curls or leave a tacky product feeling in my hair. And it did just that for me! yse it 3-4 times a week. Denne krølledefinerende gele får det bedste frem i dine krøller. So finally i have listed out some absolutely protein free ( including Panthanol) and CG friendly products which could be used by all those who are sensitive to protein and also follow the curly girl method as well and do not want any sulfates and silicones in their products. Click submit to see if it is Curly Girl (CG) Approved! John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver and Pantene Pro-V Define Curls Mousse are the ones I use on a regular basis. Yes, to all of this. is the perfect balance between nature, health, and performance. Have a bumble & bumble one I use for clarifying about once a month and that’s about it. There are different lists of CG method approved hair products. "Fine curly hair tends to respond well gel or mousse as they are lightweight and help really hold the curl together," says Scarlett. I have to give the disclaimer that since I was pregnant, I’ve been a fair-weather curly girl follower. 2. It can feel a bit frustrating at times. Curly Girl Basics: the three products you need to start Posted on November 7, 2017 December 1, 2017 by Laura If you’re new to the Curly Girl Method and you’ve been watching videos or reading articles, you’re probably really overwhelmed. I know that the official term is the “Curly Girl Method” – however, if there’s one thing I learned is that wavies need to treat their routine a little differently than our super curly-haired sisters. The curly girl method is a set of rules to follow, such as process, ingredients, and techniques, that will enhance your curls over time and improve the health of your hair. This is just a really good conditioner. The Curly Girl Method: Approved Products to Use It's also towards the bottom of the ingredients list which means it's used in a small amount. Have just realised they are also now sold in the UK, like you say. I have extremely thick type 2C/3A which has a lot of bleach damage and my hair feels really soft and well conditioned when I use this. Thanks! I’ve tried the Macadamia and Banana masks but the Papaya one it’s my favourite. Steer clear of rich, thick products that will flatten fine curls. much more reasonable Date published: 2020-10-13 Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great for curly/frizzy hair I have used this product for years. yse it 3-4 times a week. Therefore, it's important to know which will work best for your strands. Make sure it is this conditioner and not the mask from this range as it’s not great for curly hair in my opinion! It is your responsibility to always check the ingredients; if you’re not sure of an ingredient, plunk it into CurlsBot.com to see if it’s curly girl approved. more information Accept. It smells absolutely amazing and it’s very versatile; it can be used as a leave in, conditioner and hair mask. I have to give the disclaimer that since I was pregnant, I’ve been a fair-weather curly girl follower. This is super helpful. 3b. Just to let you know that I came across the Garnier hair food today in Asda for £4, it's been rebranded as Garnier Ultimate Blends Hair Food, as opposed to Garnier Fructis, but I've run it through the curlsbot and it's still cg-friendly! I use the beach sprays on my hair when I wear it curly, do you know if those would be approved? TEXTURE WAVY (2a-2c) Forms a loose “S” very easily straightened. This is another Curly Girl approved product. To summarise the Curly Girl routine can be difficult. In this blog post, I have included products for all textures and for all budgets, starting from pocket-friendly to international brands that are more expensive.. 2. Biolage Styling Gelee is an all-purpose professional gel that is ideal for all hair types, from fine hair to curly hair. The curly girl method is a set of rules to follow, such as process, ingredients, and techniques, that will enhance your curls over time and improve the health of your hair. But I've read conflicting opinions about whether it's really CG or not. I love using this when my hair feels especially dry and feel like it really needs extra conditioning. I use Biolage Gelee about three times a week (I rotate my gels) and I love it! Helps eliminate frizz and is ideal for curl … #1: Start With the Curly Girl Method. The best mousses for curly hair, including curly girl-approved drugstore picks, non-crunchy formulas for fine hair, plus how to get perfect natural curls with mousse. GELS – Curly Girl Method UK Products. DevaCare Arc AnGEL ($27.44) It has a really nice hold, smells like lemonade and it always gives good second day hair. Click submit to see if it is Curly Girl (CG) Approved! I've used Biolage Gelee twice and I really liked the results both times. It is the product which will decide the fate of your day/night/refresh/curls aka basically life. Enter the name of the product. Having a curl diary will help you enormously with this. Steer clear of rich, thick products that will flatten fine curls. I will only be putting products that are COMPLETELY Curly Girl Approved. The Curly Girl Method is a set of guidelines for styling curly and wavy hair with a focus on avoiding sulfates, silicones, and heat and mechanical damage. I was exhausted, and I just kind of gave up on doing much. The "Only Curls" conditioner disappointingly contains Benzyl Alcohol which is extremely drying with continued use. Enter the ingredients separated by commas. Matrix Biolage HydraSource Conditioner – A very rich conditioner, nourishing, and one to use if your hair is very dry. 3c. Aunt Jackies Don’t Shrink Elongating Flaxseed Curling Gel, Aunt Jackies Don’t Shrink Elongating Flaxseed Curling Gel, The BEST Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse For Curly Hair. The first 2 varieties are great for coarse thick curly hair because they have palm oil. This is another Curly Girl approved product. Det er en let styling gel, som indeholder nærende ingredienser. Thanks for your support, By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. No, the gel allows you to hold … Garnier Ultimate Blends Almond Crush – This is one of my new favourites. I have found these products to be extremely beneficial for my curly girl journey. Some other CG approved masks you might want to try: L’Oreal Botanicals Argan & Safflower Hair Mask, Shea Moisture SuperFruit Complex 10-IN-1 Multi-Benefit Hair Masque, Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Treatment Masque. It can feel a bit frustrating at times. A word of warning though! About How Curlsbot Works Curly Girl Ingredient List Hard Water Shampoo Bars/Soap CG and non-CG Cleansers Other Resources Non-CG Shea Moisture Products Curlsbot Ingredients Analyzer A lot of people are interested in properly caring for their naturally curly or wavy hair, but it can be confusing to find the right methods and products. I’m interested in trying this method as well once my hair gets a little longer. Umberto Giannini Curl Jelly Scrunching Jelly, Vegan & Cruelty Free Frizz Solution Gel for Curly or Wavy Hair, 200 ml 4.6 out of 5 stars 414 Imbue Curl Inspiring Conditioning Leave in Spray - Vegan and Curly Girl Compliant, 200ml This doesn’t affect my opinion. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter – This intensive treatment masque deeply moisturizes and conditions dry hair. Pure Clean Color Shield Triple Nutrition Treats Curl Nourish ... Opt for a gentle shampoo, like Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Sulfate-Free Shampoo and cleanse as often or as little depending on your hair texture and type. Before I started following the curly girl method I hardly used gel but I quickly learnt it would be an important part of my regular styling routine. Please let it be known that not all products under these brands will be curly girl approved. I’m interested in trying this method as well once my hair gets a little longer. “But, the gel crunch! Pure Clean Color Shield Triple Nutrition Treats Curl Nourish ... Opt for a gentle shampoo, like Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Curl Nourish Sulfate-Free Shampoo and cleanse as often or as little depending on your hair texture and type. This is the only product in the Matrix range that is Curly Girl approved. Matrix Biolage HydraSource Conditioner – A very rich conditioner, nourishing, and one to use if your hair is very dry. To check for yourself if a product is curly girl approved, you can use isitcg.com. The curly girl method can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, especially when you are starting up and I feel like there is a lot of new information to learn. Finding the right gel on the Curly Girl Method is like finding the holy grail. Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from like it so far its just as good as biolage gelee. On naturally.com, I noticed there were a lot of questions about how to identify whether or not a product was curly girl (CG) approved. Apr 27, 2018 - Explore Tiffany Laurencio's board "Curly Girl Method Products & Tips", followed by 147 people on Pinterest. Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from like it so far its just as good as biolage gelee. Finding the right gel on the Curly Girl Method is like finding the holy grail. If you’re a college/school curly on a small pocket-money or just want to save – don’t worry. I tried my best to include high quality gels for all curl types, and included budget options. Please feel free to… Is it a crunchy gel? There are different lists of CG method approved hair products. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this. Enter the name of the product. Keeping a record of the best performing products in your journey will save you money in the long term. Any curly girl can spend hours dissecting her hair care routine, but we all know the most essential product in anyone’s arsenal is conditioner.Just ask anyone with curly hair how fast they go through shampoo versus conditioner. In this post, I explain the basics of the curly hair method for wavy and curly hair and give you a step-by-step guide to follow so you can start the curly girl method. Most gels are actually fine to use on the Curly Girl Method and this article will help you find a gel in the UK that is approved. This video, Curly Girl Method | Gel Review, is about all of the gels I've tried since starting the CGM & how I apply them. 3. The non-curly girl approved silicones are not water soluble, and that’s why they need harsher sulfates to wash them out of your hair.