Anyways, we have since gotten back togethere. She's usually all cuddly and wants to be constantly near me. Before that he and my cat were really close. My cat has been acting extremely snooty lately - walking away from me and ignoring me. I love cats (I'm currently typing this while my cat is laying on me), love his cat (I took care of her for a day after she was spayed and partner had to work), and am a huge supporter of cat love (75% of what I send my partner is cat-related memes because cats are awesome). why is my cat jealous when my dog gets pet but not her she gets mad at me a lot just because of that Randi Benlulu (author) from Mesa, AZ on July 02, 2013: I am so sorry about your kitty, Jennifer :( They are truly members of our family. My boyfriend walked over and before he even touched him my cat ran away- knocking the chair over. The cat fears the loss of love and thinks they can demand what they see as a limited resource. My cat wont deal with my boyfriend at all,now. I go to bed every night at 10:30pm and she comes to bed at the same time and goes to sleep with me (I sound nuts, I know :P). Is my cat jealous of my boyfriend? The first boyfriend I had since I adopted Franjean was okay at first. Jealous cats sometimes chew on random household objects, for example. No one wants to live with a super jealous partner, but if you’re in love with a jealous type, and you want to stay together, something has to change. I go to bed every night at 10:30pm and she comes to bed at the same time and goes to sleep with me (I sound nuts, I know :P). In April me and my boyfriend broke up. She's 13 years old and used to a routine. Here's how to bring peace to your love triangle. While not always, frequent causes of jealousy toward people are new folks coming into the home. Only there is never enough love for the insecure. As soon as my boyfriend left, my car hopped up next to me and started showering me with affection and cuddles. Find out how to fix a jealous cat. She's 13 years old and used to a routine. Is my cat jealous of my boyfriend? To answer this question, it can be helpful to think a little about human behavior. Give Your Cat Lots of Love and Attention You can manage jealous feline behavior by going the extra mile to keep your pets' routines normal and predictable. My cat seemed OK with my fiance when he was just my boyfriend, but ever since he put a ring on my finger, she has been openly hostile toward him and his personal belongings. He says cats never seem to like him and he doesn’t know why. There’s more ways to get our cat to be affectionate in The Way of Cats than the article you are reading now. So, I'm not a secret cat … When a person feels jealous of someone, it is usually a sign they are afraid of losing their attention or being replaced by someone or something else. And he down right hates my room mate but every time my boyfriend is around my cat is all up under my roommate. I had a cat that objected to my having special male friends. She's usually all cuddly and wants to be constantly near me. I could see the look of distress on my boyfriends face. This usually isn't an issue. Needless to say after the breakup my boyfriend wasnt around much. If you have a baby, get a new roommate or have a boyfriend over a lot, Kitty sees this as taking time away from her. If your beau keeps giving your pet the stink-eye, it's likely you have a jealous boyfriend on your hands. If you have multiple cats, one jealous kitty may cause the others to act out too. He was very neurotic and anything that changed the routine of our happy little lives upset him greatly. My cat has been acting extremely snooty lately - walking away from me and ignoring me. She has to share you and this creates jealousy. Got here from a Link or Search?