It will appeal if you don't want to spend big on the Kindle Oasis or Kindle Paperwhite. You can also load up your Kindle with audiobooks from Audible. Unlike other sites, we thoroughly test every product we review. This best-in-class Chromebook is a nearly perfect... Buy the all-new Kindle on Amazon for $109.99. 10th Generation: 2019: Kindle Oasis 3: G0011L, G000WQ, G000WM, G000WL: KOA3: 10th Generation: 2019: 4. Case for Amazon Kindle 10th Generation 2019, Folio Smart Cover Leather Case with Auto Sleep Wake Feature fit All-New Amazon Kindle 10th Generation 2019 Release Elephant 4.1 out of 5 stars 140 … For a wider selection, there’s Kindle Unlimited, which, at a monthly subscription cost similar to Netflix, gives you an even greater choice of books. The big change is the addition of a front light to illuminate the E Ink screen. That’s great news if you like to stay up reading but your partner wants to get to bed, because you won’t need to leave a bedside lamp on in order to see the screen. Nevertheless, you get 24 levels of incremental brightness adjustment, so you can get it just the way you like it. Richard is Trusted Reviews' former Commercial Content Editor, and self-described "henchest writer in tech". Charging the device to full takes about four hours – no fast-charging to speak of here. We received a loan unit (along with one of Amazon's official Kindle covers) last week, and like any good book, I've had a hard time putting it down. You top up the battery over micro USB; the cable is included. At some point in the last decade, reading stopped being an activity I did outside of my home. All in all, it’s unlikely that you’ll suffer a shortage of items to read or listen to. Crafted from premium leather featuring a ruggedly smooth finish that will … Amazon hasn’t made any big changes to the new Kindle’s design. Kindle 10th vs Paperwhite 4 (2019) Question. 5 star 78% 4 star … Tell us what you think - send your emails to the Editor. Additionally, while the new base model Kindle is more affordable than the Paperwhite, it’s also probably not going to survive an accidental dump in the pool. The all-new Amazon Kindle—available on Amazon starting today—is the rare sort of device that I didn’t know I needed until I used it. The latest version of Amazon’s cheapest Kindle is a no-brainer recommendation for anyone on a budget thanks to that added front light. The Kindle Paperwhite (10th generation) is the fourth Paperwhite iteration destined to be the best selling Kindle model until Amazon introduces the next Paperwhite version, most likely in 2020. Right now, you can buy the Kindle Paperwhite on sale starting at just $130. Amazon also reportedly made changes to the Kindle’s e-ink display and capacitive touch technology, though these changes might not be apparent to new users. That said, the official Kindle covers are only $30 on Amazon, and every Kindle-owning co-worker I spoke to about the covers seems to swear by them. The bezels are raised from the screen which gives you a bit of grip to hold on to. I got an Echo Dot 3—now how do I set it up. Still, the Paperwhite—which retails for roughly $30-$50 more than the entry-level Kindle—justifies its increased cost by including a higher display resolution (300 ppi versus the entry-level Kindle’s 167 ppi), water-resistant hardware, higher-capacity storage options, and a battery that Amazon claims will last a few weeks longer than the one powering the base-level Kindle. Kindle 10th Generation - 2019 release. Designed to perfectly fit your all-new Kindle (10th generation—2019 release only), will not fit Kindle Paperwhite or Kindle Oasis. This is a fancy way of saying you’ll receive adverts served on your lockscreen when the Kindle is not in use. Archived. I hope Amazon eventually moves its Kindles over to USB-C for convenience, although it isn’t a big deal. Premium fabric & leather Kindle book-style case. Many … The Kindle Paperwhite (seen above) is a little pricier than the all-new Kindle, but it's still our pick for the overall best Kindle thanks to its flexible storage options and water-resistant hardware. If higher storage capacity and water resistance are must-have features for you, we recommend spending a little more money on the Kindle Paperwhite—our current pick for the best Kindle you can buy. The Kindle (2019 edition) might sit at the bottom of Amazon’s current line but it’s still a great device that has picked up a few tricks from its pricier brothers. Personally as a user of the Paper White, I prefer having the slightly raised bezels, it gives you a clear indication of where the screen is. The price in India is ₹7,999 which is slightly on the … That’s no great omission for anyone but the most ardent of bookworms who need constant access to more titles. Kindle Kids Edition 2019 - E-Book-Reader for children (Age range: Ages 7 and up). This Kindle has access to the same book store as every other Kindle and the software is very much the same too. It's hard for me to say definitively if e-ink text looks crisper on this Kindle than it does on its predecessor, or if the touch controls feel tighter, but I can definitively say that I had no qualms with either. Our pick: Best Kindle 2019 case on Walmart. There’s also a 32GB, cellular-connected version of the Kindle Paperwhite. Kindle 2019 vs Kindle Paperwhite (10th Gen) Close. Free shipping for many products! Moko Slim Shell Case. Truth be told, it isn’t something you’ll really notice unless you go looking for it. If you don't mind being limited to 4GB of storage and don't see yourself needing a water-resistant Kindle, there's never been a better time to invest in Amazon's entry-level e-reader. The illumination isn’t quite as good as it is on the Kindle Paperwhite, owing to the inclusion of four LEDs as opposed to the five on the Paperwhite. From a full charge, having put in an approximate three hours of total reading time with varying low levels of front-light use, I saw the battery drop by 15 percent. Protect your 7-Inch Kindle … This means that people who opt for Amazon's base model Kindle will finally be able to read in the dark. I know a lot of dyslexic readers find it much easier to read this way, whilst some folk just prefer this option. ... 2019 10th Gen … The choice, then, ultimately comes down to two things: storage capacity and water resistance. The front light means you never have to stop reading. Similar to an actual library, you simply “check out” titles and read them at your leisure. Customer Questions & Answers See questions and answers. We may earn a commission if you click a deal and buy an item. We’ll always tell you what we find. You can also look up words in a dictionary by tapping on them – or turn on Word Wise, which provides definitions of less familiar words automatically. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission. As mentioned, the Kindle has a touchscreen that you tap to change pages. Any cons for going with Kindle 2019… Amazon Kindle (10th Gen) is the new entry-level e-reader that sits perfectly with your Kindle Unlimited and Amazon Prime subscriptions. ©2020 Reviewed, a division of Gannett Satellite Information Network LLC. Kindle Paperwhite - 7th Generation - Quick Start Guide Kindle Paperwhite - 7th Generation - User's Guide Kindle Paperwhite - 10th Generation - Quick Start Manual Get smarter about what you're buying. In 2019 it refreshed the base Kindle and the high-end Kindle Oasis, so it's the Paperwhite's turn in 2020. Learn More. ... MORE: Amazon Kindle (2019) Review: A Good Budget E … Prices are accurate at the time this article was published, but may change over time. Having said that, the look may n… I’ve still got an original Kindle (one that included a physical keyboard), ironically gathering dust on my bookshelf. If you had a kindle before you might even ask, what has changed? Posted by 6 months ago. 5 star 75% 4 star 14% … One thing worth mentioning that could be an issue: I couldn’t find an accessibility option to invert the colours (white font on a black background), which is a useful option found on the Paperwhite and Oasis. That’s a major advantage of E Ink over tablets and smartphones. Reviews, You can still store far more titles – thousands, in fact – than you could physically carry, and syncing books to and from the Kindle through the cloud is incredibly simple. However, you don’t get a USB wall adapter in the box, so you’ll have to use your own – or plug it into a computer to charge. The device comes with 167 ppi glare-free touchscreen display, 4GB storage. You’ll have to pair a speaker or set of headphones with the device over Bluetooth, since there’s no built-in speaker but it’s a great option. If you’re an Amazon Prime subscriber then there’s even more incentive to opt for a Kindle device. Beyond the front light, nothing has changed between Kindle models. Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. If you don't need 8GB or more of storage and don't see yourself needing a water-resistant e-reader, there's never been a better time to invest in the entry-level Kindle. Perhaps Amazon read our review of the 2016 model, where we stated that the Amazon branding on the rear of the device was obnoxious and pointless – it’s been toned down for this model. It will appeal if you don't want to spend big on the Kindle Oasis or Kindle Paperwhite. This Kindle Comparison Chart compares the differences of all Amazon Kindle generations between the Amazon e-book readers and amazon tablets. Fonts, book covers, and illustrations (such as maps in books) don't look great at … The 10th-generation Kindle Oasis ($249) faces stronger headwinds than ever before, and now they're coming from within Amazon. I didn't spend much time testing the cover, so I can't speak to its durability and overall quality. Key among these is a display with a light, ensuring you don’t have to sit by a lamp to read at night. With Black Friday 2019 deals rolling in, now is a great time to pick up a Kindle as Amazon has, rather predictably, slashed the prices on its entire line of readers. The Paperwhite, on the other hand, is available in 8GB and 32GB models. 25,653 global ratings. These days, if I’m out-and-about and need to pass the time, you’ll probably find me with my nose buried in my phone. Designed to perfectly fit your all-new Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation only—will not fit prior generation Kindle devices). At 174g (up from 161g), it’s still far from heavy; in fact, it’s still comfortably lighter than the Kindle Paperwhite (191g) and Kindle Oasis (194g). The Kindle feels nice in your hand, with the weight evenly distributed – a trait that’s more important than you might initially think. These are typically ads for books or Amazon services; whether or not you want to pay an additional £10 to nix such intrusions is a matter of personal preference. Press the display close to your eyes and you’ll see that the font is slightly more jagged – but this isn’t noticeable at a reasonable distance. It also prevents you from making accidental swipes. The biggest upgrade comes in the form of four adjustable, front-facing LED lights. All-new Kindle 10th Generation (2019) now with a built-in front light. If you simply can’t put a good book down, night or day, the new Kindle is the best budget e-reader available. The lights themselves don’t just operate on a binary switch, either—there are 24 levels of brightness to choose from. Books can be purchased directly from the Kindle Store. ... but as far as I know kindle 10th has a light screen already (?). Reviewed / Michael Desjardin. All rights reserved. Note: The $90 version of the Kindle is discounted because it comes with "Special Offers," which is basically Amazon's way of describing advertisements that appear on your Kindle's default lock screen. Sign up for our newsletter to get real advice from real experts. 1,534 global ratings. Customer reviews. The 2019 edition of the Amazon Kindle Oasis makes few changes, but the high-resolution display paired with warm backlighting makes it a fantastic eReader. The biggest upgrade comes in the form of four adjustable, front-facing LED lights. For someone like me, even that slight reduction in size makes a big difference. Credit: Reviewed / Michael Desjardin, Credit: Reviewed / Michael Roorda, Credit: I used to read books at the park, on public transport, and even at the pub. My one complaint about the front light is that it’s a bit bluer than I’d like. Customer reviews. It all works well enough and relatively quickly for an E Ink display. Kindle E-Book Reader 2019 (10th generation), black. Discovering new titles on the Kindle itself is easy and the new homescreen does a super job of both letting you navigate your own library and also making recommendations. For the time being, lets set aside display resolution and battery life; the Paperwhite’s higher-resolution display isn’t that much better than the standard Kindle’s display chops, and readers of both Kindles will typically enjoy several weeks of battery life, whether it’s four weeks or six. It’s actually gotten smaller, losing 2mm in width (down to 113mm) and a barely noticeable 0.4mm off its thickness (down to 8.7mm). 4.5 out of 5 stars. Hey everyone, This is the full review of the Kindle Basic 10th Generation, April 2019. So, are the 300pp really better than the 160pp on the basic kindle? It will be less significant still if you opt to pair your Kindle with one of the official Fabric Covers (£24.99) that protects the device front and back. 4.6 out of 5 stars. Unsurprisingly, I’m reading less—a lot less. Amazon Kindle Oasis (10th Generation - 2019 release) Amazon Kindle Oasis (10th Generation - 2019 release) Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10 Amazon Kindle Fire HD 10. The Kindle (10th Gen) does suffer quite a bit due to its inferior display relative to the Kindle Paperwhite. … Not much has changed in the design of the kindle. But this being an e-reader, you can expect the battery life to last into the weeks rather than days. Posted by 1 year ago. We recommend spending $20 more for the version without ads, but if you're strapped for cash at the moment, you can always pick up the cheaper model and pay to get rid of the ads at a later date. Starting today, you can buy the all-new Kindle on Amazon starting at around $90. Amazon Fire 7 (9th Generation - 2019 release) Amazon Fire 7 (9th Generation - 2019 … With Audible, Kindle … All-new Kindle 10th Generation – 2019 release. Kindle Oasis (10th Generation) Kindle User Guide - HTML; Kindle Oasis (10th Generation) Quick Start Guide (PDF) Kindle (10th Generation) Kindle User Guide - HTML; Kindle (10th Generation) Quick Start Guide (PDF) Kindle Kids Edition Quick Start Guide (PDF) Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation) Amazon's latest Kindle, now in its 10th generation, is the new entry-level model in the range. With that said, there are the same inherent risks with dropping a traditional book in water, so if that’s never been an issue it might not be one now. But while the Kindle has lost some size, the addition of the front light has added some weight. The new Kindle is a no-brainer recommendation for anyone on a budget thanks to that added front light. This being the budget Kindle, there’s only a Wi-Fi-connected model available; there’s no option for 3G/4G connectivity. It automatically wakes and suspends your Kindle when opening and closing the cover (like a book!). That said, this new, updated Kindle does offer a handful of features that were absent in previous generations. Besides the Kindle Serial Number, you can also identify Kindle … The new basic Kindle 2019 … Identify Kindle via Kindle Appearance or Distinguished Features. deals, and helpful advice delivered to your inbox. Fintie Flip Case for All-New Kindle Oasis (10th Generation, 2019 Release and 9th Generation, 2017 Release) - Multi Angle Hands Free Viewing Stand Cover with Auto Sleep Wake Fintie, a quality product within your reach! Archived. The brighter settings are actually better used outdoors, on the beach for example, where extremely bright conditions can make the screen look washed-out. Of course, you have the option to just purchase books from the Kindle Store. While previous entry-level Kindles left their users in the dark, the 10th generation Kindle … In fact, it was only after a glance at the official measurements did some differences become apparent. Cracking open a book, I’m sad to say, is a ritual reserved for my sofa. Recommendations are independently chosen by Reviewed’s editors. Purchases you make through our links may earn us a commission. The product experts at Reviewed have all your shopping needs covered. The premium Kindle Oasis remains the only Kindle with physical page-turning buttons, so here you’ll need to tap the screen to move between pages. In truth, I’ve not had a review device long enough to put that to the test. This review was long term in the making, but we have finally put together what we like and what we don’t like about the new Kindle … That doesn’t compare as favourably to the more expensive models, which all have 300ppi displays. Follow Reviewed on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for the latest, deals, product reviews, and more. Kids Edition 2019 Kid friendly cover opens and closes just like a book to wake the Kindle … If you plan on reading in the bath or swimming pool then how clumsy you are might factor when deciding which model is right for you. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Amazon Kindle (10th Generation-2019) 4GB, Wi-Fi - Black, with Special Offers at the best online prices at eBay! 6. Amazon rates the battery life as around four weeks if used for 30 minutes a day, with wireless turned off and the front light set to 13 – which is pretty specific. Opens and closes just like a book to wake your Kindle or put it to sleep. For the latest price see the deal below. It's far from the most fully-featured reader, but if you're purely looking for a way to consume books from the Amazon Kindle store then you can't go wrong. While previous entry-level Kindles left their users in the dark, the 10th generation Kindle is all about illumination. You can adjust how many hints Word Wise gives, which is a handy way to expand your vocabulary. In other words, this is the Kindle to buy if you’re looking for the essential Kindle features and none of the bells and whistles. There’s only a single button on this Kindle, to wake up the device, and it sits on the bottom alongside a micro-USB charging port.