Korean writing resembles Chinese or Japanese at first glance, but unlike those languages, Korean doesn't use thousands of symbols to represent sounds and ideas. Wow, so pretty! (Voice is beautiful.) 에이핑크 손나은 정말 아름다워. What are your most frequently used words lately? Thai (esp Bangkok dialect) is soft and nice, unlike the harsher counterparts spoken in the southern provinces. Hindi sounds exotic and beautiful. 10. I also love the culture and language! Good luck! In my spare time, I take joy in singing, playing the piano, and reading books. You can use them to describe your favorite Korean celebrity, to complement someone around you, or to simply describe something that make you happy because it is pretty or beautiful. Where was your favorite place to visit in South Korea? Visual Associations to learn the Korean alphabet in record time! 설악산이 정말 아름답습니다 (seoraksani jeongmal areumdapseumnida). Korean entertainment is a great tool and motivation for further learning at the same time. Romanization of the Korean Language #2, Wishing you good luck in learning the Korean lanauge and culture. I just love the way the k-dramas have a variety of themes, having comedy, action, romance and everything together! In this piece, Julia shares about the blessing of #bilingualism and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Retweeted by Transparent Language, Just getting started with a new alphabet or writing system? @Janiya An-nyeong-ha-se-yo!!! and KPOP!!! hubs.ly/H0BJ2Kw0, "Bilingualism is a beautiful gift." Maybe a certain Korean athlete will win the world’s hearts and soften us to the language’s sound. German sounds masculine and firm. I learned it just for fun, well, um.. Not really it was mainly because I really liked the k-dramas! ‘아름답다’  is a basic adjective form in Korean, and you can use it in three different ways, as follows: This Korean word, ‘아름답다’  would be a useful word for you to remember: to describe beautiful people around you or to comment on your favorite K-entertainer who is beautiful, to describe beautiful scenery in Korea, or simply talk about something beautiful around you. Many of my friends also have started to study Korean because they fell in love with K-dramas, movies, food, music, and so on. (It’s really pretty.) I am picking up some Spanish from my friends. Hiii, I’m from sweden and I find Korea a very beautiful and interesting place. Read Newspaper and online Korean articles. According to several informal online surveys, there seems to be a general infatuation for spoken French all over the world. This post is about how to say ‘pretty’ and ‘beautiful in Korean. Korean Language is the official language of both North Korea and South Korea, as well as one of the two official languages in China. I learned actually Hangul by kdramas and Kpop I hope this blog is useful and good for learning HANGUL. We’ve added in the Romanization for all of these words to help with pronunciation. The first way is to use the word 아름답다 (areumdapda). The Scientific and Phonetic Korean Script#2 -Consonants Appearance and Sound of Hangul The Consonants. Singing Korean karaoke songs is another great way to read Korean faster. Everyone has heard that Paris is the city of love and French is the language of romance.. We all know that French people have a certain je ne sais quoi (ineffable quality) about them: great style, amazing food, stellar wine, gorgeous accents and a lovely language. @Maleeha Tristian, an-nyeong-ha-se-yo!!! Hangul is the Korean alphabet and blah blah blah.Yeah let’s skip all boring introductions. Korean sounds annoying, it seems harsh and masculine. I also work at a place called Domo 77. – casual, [Apink Son-Na-eun jung-mal ah-reum-da-wo]. 예쁘다 (yeppeuda) is sometimes written as 이쁘다 (ippeuda), which has the same meaning but is more of a slang word. Thank you for your kind comments on Korean culture! It actually uses an alphabet with a few symbols to represent its sounds - just like English. 10. The slang word 이뻐요 (ippeoyo) can be used, but it is recommended to use 예뻐요 (yeppeoyo) instead. Sorry for the dealyed response. 2. This Korean word, ‘ 아름답다 ’ would be a useful word for you to remember: to describe beautiful people around you or to comment on your favorite K-entertainer who is beautiful, to describe beautiful scenery in Korea, or simply talk about something beautiful around you. I'm Korean. 2. However, 아름답다 (areumdapda) is used more often to describe scenery, and 예쁘다 (yeppeuda) is used more often to describe people or things. Korean words that sound like English words and mean the same thing. The scientific and Phonetic Script 한글(Hangeul) #1 Can't read Korean yet? Japanese sounds kind of feminine and reserved. You might hear this word in a presentation, in an interview, or in an announcement. Never be at a loss for words when you study up on our Korean phrases list as well! An-nyeong-ha-se-yo!!! You can use this expression with people who are very close to you, such as with your girlfriend or boyfriend. (Pink azaleas are pretty.) #learnlatin hubs.ly/H0BH_nm0. You will often hear these two Korean words, ‘[yeppeuda]예쁘다’  and ‘[ah-reum-dap-da] 아름답다’  from Korean speakers. Korean is one of the most beautiful languages for me. 정말 예뻐요. @malou An-nyeong-ha-se-yo! Kam-sa-ham-ni-da! 5. – polite. The language sounds antiquated as in outdated. 1. That means you can start complimenting people on their appearance and start describing all of the beautiful places that you would like to visit in Korea! The Scientific and Phonetic Korean Script #4 – Stroke Orders Not only does it have beautiful scenery, from mountains and forests, to islands and beaches, but it also has beautiful people. Hakka sounds weird yet can be quite ok. Malay can be a beautiful language, esp in the poetries etc. like a consonant can go below other letters or that you can combine 2 different vowels to make a new sound. Italian sounds optimistic and exaggerating. Obsolete and dialectal sounds in parentheses. ), A day spent advocating for foreign language education is a day well spent! I'm sure many people have wondered what their native language sounds like to foreigners at some point in time : ) The languages I've heard people say it sounds like the most is Japanese, Mandarin, or Mongolian. ^^, How to say to a guy that ” you’re absolutely handsome ” and ” you’re handsome “, Hi, Qztnazuryn! Please check your inbox for your confirmation email. Check it out below: There are two ways to say ‘beautiful’ in Korean. Informal ‘Beautiful’ in Korean 1. 아름다워 (areumdawo) 2. In English beautiful would mean extra pretty, is that a similar case in Korean? An-nyeong-ha-se-yo!(안녕하세요!) Kamsahamnida! Or either both is okay? I’ll tell you only the important things that you must know, you must understand the differences between Hangul and Latin alphabet. Actually I’m trying to learn Hangul but sometimes it’s hard because I only understand a little bit but I can’t read which makes me go insane but my plan is to try to learn how to read the wonderful language and of course to understand more. Let's say, to me(as a native speaker of Korean), French sounds sexy, feminine and twangy. I am trying to make my Korean blog as useful as possible for Korean learners. Thank you! I also enjoy traveling around the world, meeting people, and embracing new cultures and languages... Hey, I’m from Pakistan, I find Korea and the language really cool! Languages from East Asia:- Mongolian- Vietnamese- Chinese- Thai- Burmese- Japanese- Korean I really wanted to learn korean because My friends always speak it around me (well have of the time)!!! I hate how they drag the vowels; a’s, o’s and e’s. 제주도가 아름답습니다. I have tried many times to learn it without an accent and I can't. 6. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Korea ^___^ While doing this experiment, I realized how beautiful and unique Korean language and culture may be, what the regular life of Korean people looks like, and even started craving food I never knew existed before. With its unpronounceable “r”, its nasal vowel sounds “en”, “in”, “un” and melodious intonation, it sounds extremely musical to the non-… I hope you have enjoyed reading this post and soon will be ready to use these two Korean words, ‘[yeppeuda]예쁘다’  and ‘[ah-reum-dap-da] 아름답다’ to complement people around you or simply describe pretty/beautiful things around you in Korean. (https://www.90daykorean.com/handsome-in-korean/). Singing Korean song. The closeness of a language’s sounds to one’s own mother tongue also influences our impression of it. Your email address will not be published. The second way is to use the word 예쁘다 (yeppeuda), which means ‘pretty’. I have many friends from central and south America, and they reminde me of Korean people as well: family-oriented, friendly, and great food. Good luck! It's definitely not a graceful language. You can download a free guide to learn the Korean alphabet in about an hour here. @Maleeha An-nyeong-ha-se-yo! (The Jeju island is beautiful.) 3. I have posted articles regarding the Korean alphabet, numbers, romanization, and so on. BASIC CONSONANT SOUNDS . When someone says “아름다운”, does it mean very pretty? Please rate me and Leave your comment with where ur from ) Mine are ‘pretty’ and ‘beautiful’ because I have been enjoying pretty spring weather outside, warm sunshine on my face, and most of all, beautiful spring blossoms here and there. (감사합니다!-Thank you in Korean), My best wishes are with you! 4. It is awesome to hear that people from diverse backgrounds study the Korean language. And not being able to understand what they’re saying was getting annoying! Example: 와, 예뻐! Hi, Siti! Caution: these beautiful French words may cause shortness of breath or weakness at the knees. I am excited to hear that you enjoy Korean culture and motivated to study Korean. They’re so addicting though! (wa, yeppeo!) Korean. Korean words for beautiful include 아름다운, 예쁜, 아름다움, 훌륭한, 아름다운 것, 뛰어난, 선명한, 화창한, 보기 좋은 and 산뜻한. Romanization of the Korean Language #1 Just three surnames, namely Park, Lee, and Kim are used by over half of the Korean population. Just disgusting. On the other hand, Tamil seems chaotic to me. I think for me Chinese dialects sound rough and blocky, there feels like there is no 'flow' within the language, compared to say Finnish or Spanish. @Maya 마야 (Maya in Korean), (감사합니다! © 2020 Transparent Language, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I love to listen to English spoken by the Irish or Scots. If there is a language which draws a unanimous worldwide consent regarding its beauty, it is French. I don't know how to describe it, but I really love the sound of Korean. Enjoy listening to 17 Asian Languages. Korean (South Korean: 한국어 / 韓國語 hangugeo; North Korean: 조선말 / 朝鮮말 chosŏnmal) is an East Asian language spoken by about 77 million people. Although Korean and English pronunciation are very different, the good news for learners of Korean (especially folks whose first language is English) is that the Korean alphabet Hangeul 한글 is a featural alphabet. like it never exist but it does exist. We’ve also included a FREE PDF guide to this lesson that you can take with you on the go. ‘예쁘다’  is a basic adjective form in Korean, and you can use them in three different ways, as follows: If you have been attracted to spring blossoms and their vibrant colors, as I have, you can definitely use ‘예쁘다’ to describe your favorite flowers. Most Asian languages--I cannot stand (my ancestors are from South China). 안녕하세요? If you want to let Koreans know how beautiful their country is (or how beautiful they are) then you will need to know how to say beautiful in Korean. I like Mandarin though (except from Beijing--too many RRRRR sounds). It will also help you notice patterns in words, which will lead you to improve the rate at which you learn new Korean words and grammar points. (Apink Son Na-eun is really beatutiful.) Korea is a country with complex and rich history and a diverse heritage background. Mother tongue determines love of certain languages. Learning vocabulary words is a great way to help you learn the basics of a language, but your language learning will only really take off one you start attempting to have conversations in Korean. We have full length alphabet courses and integrated spe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…, New episode alert! French has been described as smooth, flowing, elegant and aesthetically pleasing. You can then hear its name and pronunciation. The Scientific and Phonetic Korean Script #3 –Vowels 이뻐 (ippeo) You can use this expression with people who are very close to you, such as with your girlfriend or boyfriend. I put them in order (in my opinion) Korean (sounds most appealing) Mandarin Cantonese Malaysian (sounds a little like Russian) Filipino Hindi Japanese (I don't know why I don't like Japanese) Vietnamese (hard to say how it sounds 'cause it's my first language but someone said it sounds harsh, rough, and choppy) Cambodian and Thai (sounds really rough) I don't think it's possible to make it sound bad. Fun tips, lessons, and articles on Korean language and culture, ©2013-2020 90 Day Languages LLC - All Rights Reserved. – formal, 11. (안녕하세요!– Hello! This video, Documentary on Korean High School is one of my favorite, that I kept replay it all days just for the audio. If a guy same age as a woman, if he wants to say pretty to her can he use yeppeun or yeppeunda? My first exposure to German was Ernst Busch singing Six Songs for Democracy, (youtube link to a list of many Ernst Busch recordings) and the language will always sound like optimism and love and determination to me.. On the other hand, I can’t think of a language that sounds uniformly ugly to me, anyway. If you are looking for hepful resources to learn Hangeul (한글), the following posts will be helpful for you to learn to read and write Hangeul (한글): 1. . 아이스크림 – ah-i-seu-k’eu-rim is.. can you guess ... Secondly, the Korean language has adopted a lot of English words that have been translated into Korean with roughly the same pronunciation. (안녕하세요!– Hello!) A word, ‘[ah-reum-dap-da]아름답다’  means beautiful in English. 분홍색 진달래가 예쁩니다. Well, I love BTS ( IM A PART OF THE A.R.M.Y.) ^^ Please check this link to learn how to say handsome! 전망이 아름다워 (jeonmangi areumdawo) The view is … You can use this expression when talking to people who are older or not particularly close to you. I think a lot of the time it sounds like sneezing or something in the throat. A word, ‘[yeppeuda] 예쁘다’  means pretty in English. Chinese sounds kind of loud and distracting. French sounds beautiful. – polite, 12. 예뻐 (yeppeo) 3. If you want to say ‘beautiful’ as in ‘the beautiful lady’ then you should say 아름다운 (areumdaun) or 예쁜 (yeppeun), 아름다운 꽃 (areumdaun kkot) –  beautiful flowers, 예쁜 여자 (yeppeun yeoja)          – pretty woman, 예쁜 여자를 만나고 싶어요 (yeppeun yeojareul mannago sipeoyo). These words generally can both be used interchangeably. Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions, How to Say BEAUTIFUL in Korean | 90 Day Korean, Get How to Say “Beautiful” in Korean Free PDF, https://www.90daykorean.com/handsome-in-korean/, Learn the Korean Alphabet & Read the Hangul Characters, Korean Phrases: The Ultimate List for 2020, Korean – Overview and History of the Language, How to Speak Korean – Online Guide for Conversational Fluency, The Most Common Korean Words and Basic Vocabulary, Top 28 Korean Drama Words & Phrases for K-Drama Fans, Korean Slang – 101 Popular Words & Phrases in 2020, My Korean Name: Choose Your Very Own Name in Korean. pls help me i want to learn korean language. Now you know how to say beautiful in Korean and you know how to say pretty in Korean. Many of my friends learn to read and speak Korean through K-dramas and KPops.Since you have Korean speakers around you, you might be able to practice your learning with your friends, too. I'm not a big fan of the Korean language. I am convinced that association is a big part of how we perceive the beauty of languages. how do you say ” Am I beautiful?” in korean? Languages can change. Indians themselves are the only people with the power to fix their language. You can say “예쁘다” (yeppeuda) or “예뻐요” (yeppeoyo). Hahaha…. 4. Feel free to talk to me at my ask.fm: http://ask.fm/luhanbao or my tumblr: http://tsehun.tumblr.com ! Good luck learning Korean!!! You can also use ‘예쁘다’ to complement your friends and coworkers, or describe something pretty around you. Take a look at our full Korean course for all the help you will need when studying Korean. To hear a sample of the pronunciation of each letter, click the icon to the left of the Korean character. I am passionate about learning different languages, and I have studied English, Japanese, and Spanish. I greatly appreciate and love both of them. Mandarin has a nice balance of tones. You can try by reading a poem and songs. Cantonese is nicer. I have friends who speak Spanish around me, and I have learned a lot from just listening to their conversations and asking them questions. I am very excited to hear that you are interested in learning the Korean language and culture. – formal, [boon-hong-sak jin-dal-la-ga ye-ppeum-ni-da], 5. Traditionally, the Korean language has had strong vowel harmony; that is, in pre-modern Korean, not only did the inflectional and derivational affixes (such as postpositions) change in accordance to the main root vowel, … So if you want Hindi off this list, make it sound more beautiful. 10. Especially Got7 ( IM FANGIRLING SO MUCH RIGHT NOW HAHAHA) Well Yes I would LOVE to learn korean. 제주도가 아름답습니다. If you do not speak Korean but are familiar with the language, how does it sound like? I have 4 adopted Korean aunts and uncles and some of them can speak it. The music is … I am accustomed to both English and Korean languages and cultures. Click here to learn for free in about 60 minutes! My name is Kyung-Hwa, and I am a native of South Korea. And just like culture and people, even Korean baby names are unique. How to Say Pretty and Beautiful, in Korean, How to Say Pretty and Beautiful, in Korean 1, How to Say Pretty and Beautiful, in Korean 2, The scientific and Phonetic Script 한글(Hangeul) #1, The Scientific and Phonetic Korean Script #3 –Vowels, The Scientific and Phonetic Korean Script#2 -Consonants, The Scientific and Phonetic Korean Script #4 – Stroke Orders, Pure Korean Numbers: How to Count 1-100 in Korean #1, Neologism that Reflects the Changing Korean Culture. In this week's episode of Coffee Break French To Go, we ask French native speakers, "As-tu dé… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Retweeted by Transparent Language, Latin is very much alive in Transparent Language Online! I love listening to fast talking, like VJ on the scene (KBS show) or Home shopping channel. Find more Korean words at wordhippo.com! I hope you are still motivated to learn Korean. It is hard to read a newspaper in the Korean language but you have to try reading slowly and consistently. 목소리가 아름다워요. The sounds of the language remind one of the dirtiness of some places in India. Korea is such a beautiful country! However, we recommend that you try to move onto reading comfortably in Hangul (the Korean alphabet), as this will improve your pronunciation and your reading skills. We’ve got a complete writeup on the Korean language here. These articles will be helpful for you to learn basic information about the Korean language. Each sound 'sounds' like a different entity, as opposed to Finnish where words in a sentence fit together collectively. Due to the subjective nature of language, pronunciations will vary from region to region as well as person to person.