Originally known as V. opulus 'Sterilis' which is still in use in lieu of the now accepted nomenclature. Arsenal sleepsuit official licensed product new with … Viburnum x burkwoodii This is one of my very favourite flowering shrubs. see more; Family Adoxaceae . see more; Family Adoxaceae . 2015-03-04 Hi, will a Viburnum Opulus attract wildlife and insects into my garden? Want to get notified when it's back in stock? Viburnum hedges make a great deciduous winter shrub that is hardy and easy to care for. £15.97. Viburnum Eskimo £16.99. Viburnum Opulus 'Compactum' is commonly known as the Guelder Rose. As the flowers mature, they move through creamy-green into pure white. Viburnum Opulus 'Compactum' is commonly known as the Guelder Rose. Probably the oldest known garden viburnum as it was recorded in the 16th century as "Sambucus Rose". See above review - very small plant and still not thriving. long, with two thin … It would be better growing in the ground, but you could try and grow it in a pot, but it will need to be a large one, and will need to be kept well watered and fed. Genus Viburnum can be deciduous or evergreen shrubs with opposite, simple or palmately lobed leaves and clusters of small, often fragrant white or pink flowers, followed by red, blue or black berries . They cost £9 + and were a total disaster. 'Sterile' reviews, Reviewed 19th September 2019 by Elisabeth. Other species also available. Showing rich Autumn colour, this hardy and vigorous shrub is suitable to be grown as a stunning backdrop or specimun plant. Winter flowering evergreen plants with long lasting flowers late August through to May, white flowers are followed by dark blue berries. Snowball Viburnum is a popular ornamental shrub with prolific flowering. Viburnum Opulus Roseum the common snowball shrub requires moist and moderately alkaline loamy soil to grow and bloom. These are coupled with very attractive fresh green foliage that is similar in shape to that of a Japanese Maple Acer, and these leaves add further interest by becoming purple-red tinted in the autumn. eCommerce by blubolt. Plant ID: 4416 A 2. Gardening Express. Leaves look much like those of Viburnum opulus; they emerge reddish tinged, mature to dark green, turn yellow to red-purple in fall. In spring, the cranberry will develop white flowers that resemble lace-cap hydrangeas; in summer, dense foliage provides habitat for wildlife, and in autumn, the bush will develop tart red berries before the leaves turn from yellow to purple-red in color. Considered to be an heirloom plant, possibly why it is the most commonly known viburnum to the public. I was very pleased to see it flower in it’s first year in the ground. there were 2 blue borage plants among them and the rest were magenta, bright pink and paler pink ?night scented stocks together with alyssum and mallow which grew to about 7ft. Viburnum lantana 'Mohican' £14.99. The plant was healthy and is now established in a large container and had a lot of blooms this year. So far growing well, delivery and packing good. Leaves three- (sometimes four- or five-) lobed, maple-like, 2 to 4 in. Most Viburnum shrubs are fragrant to very fragrant, some of them are winter flowering and others flower early to mid spring. Old Fashioned Snowball Viburnum Flowering Shrubs, viburnum Opulus roseum is the old fashioned snowball shrub that we remember from our grandparents gardens that would be covered from top to bottom with masses of pure white ball shaped blooms in late spring.. This is a lovely young plant. This version is sterile, so produces no berries. This arrived in good condition and was planted in spring. Saved from paramountplants.co.uk. Autumn foliage colour (20) Berries or fruit (27) Evergreen / semi evergreen (10) Fast growing (1) Flowering (27) Low maintenance (25) ... Viburnum opulus 'Roseum' £16.99. V. sterile). When flowering has finished the maple like green leaves are still an attractive feature, it continues being a feature well in … Viburnum hedge and its varieties are superb winter interest plants in bud or flower from Autumn until Spring, including Bodnantense Dawn, Snowball bush hedging, Eve Price hedges and Viburnum Tinus Hedging. Large (3) Medium (21) Small (3) Special features. Globe-shape flower clusters are lime green to start & turn white as they mature. Receive emails from us & get 15% off your order, © 2020 Sarah Raven. Viburnum plicatum f. plicatum 'Grandiflorum' £ 54.99. Viburnum opulus sterile "Snowball Tree" Gorgeous globular creamy white "Snowball" flower heads appear throughout spring. A large rounded shrub reaching 2.5-3.5mtrs. Viburnum Plants for sale in the UK HEDGES DIRECT Ltd - Phone 01257 263873 Five Acres Nursery Dawbers Lane Euxton PR7 6EE Huge range of beautiful hedging plants, bare … Arrowwood Viburnum Shrub is a Beautiful and Versatile Shrub. It also forms the best backdrop for tulips and wallflowers in the garden. The flowers emerge a striking lime-green in late spring and gradually turn to snowy-white in mid-May; they retain their green color for several weeks before turning to cream and then to white. Green 3-lobed leaves turn bright orange, yellow & red before falling in autumn. Viburnum opulus £25.00 – £48.00 The Guelder Rose Tree is a vigorous shrub like tree with balls of creamy white lacy flowers in late spring and early summer. Producing masses of large long lasting white ‘snowball’ flowers in spring, V. opulus ‘roseum’ is a showy plant and like the species has nice autumn foliage to go with it. Viburnum Plicatum Mariesii Wonderful, viburnum opulus roseum (sterile) is a superb cultivar, producing large numbers of flower heads of white snowball like flo. This outstanding shrub is available in smaller sizes, and a good choice for a limited space would be the Blue Muffin Viburnum. Large, flattish heads of scented white flowers appear in April-May. Viburnum Opulus Roseum or Snowball Tree for Sale Online with UK and Ireland delivery. 2015-03-04 Hi, will a Viburnum Opulus attract wildlife and insects into my garden? Viburnum Opulus is a highly decorative, flowering, … Considered to be an heirloom plant, possibly why it is the most commonly known viburnum to the public. Broad oval deep green leaves turn red in autumn with beautiful bunches of bright red berries. Viburnum opulus From: £1.49 Guelder Rose (Viburnum opulus) is a flowering hedge plant characterised by its fragrant, delicate clusters of white flowers in the summer months and striking red leaves and luscious red berries in the autumn. It has attractive fiery red berries later in the season and can be used as a hedge too! Hopefully they won't seed and I am digging out the mallow as fast as I can as it is all resprouting. My apologies if I ordered the wrong thing but I thought I'd ordered a gentle mix of blue and white for the end of my semi wild lawn. The leaves are opposite, three-lobed, 5–10 cm (2–4 in) long and broad, with a rounded base and coarsely serrated margins; they are superficially similar to the leaves of some maples, most easily distinguished by their somewhat wrinkled surface with impressed leaf venation. Click here to find out more information about our delivery rates and times. Viburnum opulus Roseum is more commonly called the Snowball Tree, and with good reason, as its outstanding characteristic is the large, white, fluffy blooms that cover this large shrub every spring. 'Sterile' from Sarah Raven: My absolute favourite foliage plant for late spring, early summer picking. Viburnum opulus is a deciduous shrub growing to 4–5 m (13–16 ft) tall. Viburnum globosum 'Jermyns Globe' £9.99. Less susceptible to aphid damage than Viburnum opulus. I got this shrub because I really wanted it in my wedding bouquet. americanum, the American Cranberry Bush is an attractive native plant all season long. Flowering Garden Plants for Sale Hardy Shrub - Flower according to variety at almost any time of year, colourful berries often follow - a range of different evergreen or deciduous varieties ... Viburnum opulus (Large Plant) £ 7.99. Grows 10-12’, sun-part shade, Z4 Delv from Dec 2020 $ 9.88 Add to cart; Viburnum opulus ‘Nanum’ European Cranberry Bush $ 6.99 Add to cart; Viburnum opulus ‘Roseum’ Common snowball Advanced 75mm pot range, Delv from mid Jan 2021 $ 14.88 Add to cart; Viburnum tinus (Laurustinus) $ 6.99 Add to cart americanum ‘Bailey’s Compact’ – This American Cranberrybush Viburnum, from Bailey Nursery, St. Paul, Minnesota, is a smaller dense growing rounded form with consistent striking rich to bright red fall color. Pickup Kenthurst or can arrange pickup at Lapstone. Includes: Viburnum burkwoodii, viburnum bodnatense dawn, viburnum davidii, viburnum opulus, viburnum plicatum and others. Viburnum opulus Sterile 30cm ; Images are for reference purposes only. 50mm Pot. The fruit serves as food for various birds and wildlife. A large rounded shrub reaching 2.5-3.5mtrs. Viburnum Dentatum Shrub, also known as arrowwood viburnum is beautiful and is also known as the Arrowood Viburnum. This version is sterile, so produces no berries. Viburnum opulus var. One of our favourite varieties of evergreen Viburnum, the cultivar Viburnum Tinus Eve Price is usually grown as a medium sized shrub. This shrub is versatile and can thrive in a variety of soil conditions with ease. This plant arrived in good condition and was well grown. Grows well in most moderately fertile, well-drained soils with plenty of organic matter incorporated. The most popular of all Viburnum is Viburnum opulus also known as the 'Snowball shrub' its large snowball-like blooms have a wonderful sweet fragrance in spring; it has attractive foliage in autumn and berries in winter. (231) 464-5809 info@coldstreamfarm.net The guelder rose, Viburnum opulus, is a hardy, vigorous native shrub suited to growing in woodland gardens or a shrub border.It offers interest for most of the year, bearing large, lacecap-like, white flowers from late spring to early summer, followed by bunches of small, bright red, fleshy fruit in autumn. I just love the acid green little flower balls! Height from 2ft to 3ft (1.2-1.5m). Mature Height. Viburnum davidii is a compact evergreen shrub with oval dark green leaves. Globe-shape flower clusters are lime green to start & turn white as they mature. Originally known as V. opulus 'Sterilis' which is still in use in lieu of the now accepted nomenclature. Old Fashioned Snowball Viburnum Flowering Shrubs, viburnum Opulus roseum is the old fashioned snowball shrub that we remember from our grandparents gardens that would be covered from top to bottom with masses of pure white ball shaped blooms in late spring.. Wildlife Value. SNOW BALL TREE - Viburnum opulus roseum - Snowball Tree. All rights reserved. Large Trellis Climbers; Small Trellis Climbers; Bulbs. You Garden. Viburnum opulus ‘Roseum’ is a bushy, deciduous shrub with pretty leaves, shaped similarly to an Acer, and which turn shades of purple and red by the autumn. May I comment on the drum of mixed seeds I purchased earlier in the year? Click here to see plant details! It's only in its first few months ( planted it this autumn) but is already performed ng very well. Viburnum opulus 'Roseum' syn. Viburnum. Cut stems arranged in a large crystal vase, make wonderful indoor flower arrangements. White flat flowers heads in June, followed by blue berries. In May and June the branches of this vigorous deciduous shrub are smothered with large, snowball-like clusters of white or green-tinted white flowers - hence its common name, the snowball tree. Green 3-lobed leaves turn bright orange, yellow & red before falling in autumn. When in stock, please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery. A large rounded shrub reaching 10-12'. Emerging soft lime green, the eye-catching snowball blossoms change to pure white and often blush pink before they fade. Viburnum opulus Roseum is more commonly called the Snowball Tree, and with good reason, as its outstanding characteristic is the large, white, fluffy blooms … Considered to be an heirloom plant, possibly why it is the most commonly known viburnum to the public. Blooms midspring, bearing lace-cap flowers to 4 inches across. Viburnum tinus Eve Price 80cm standard tree in 3L pot. Viburnum opulus L. Guelder Rose. Wide selection of Lilly Pillys and other shrub species. Viburnum opulus is also known as the Guelder Rose and European Cranberry bush and is probably best known for ‘roseum’ or ‘Snowball Tree’, a sterile cultivar which is cutting grown. Viburnum is an excellent plant, and it will assure you a beautiful landscape. Snowball Viburnum is sought after as a single accent shrub, but can also make a dense hedge or privacy screen. The Original Snowball Bush An amazingly 'SHOWY' addition to any landscape; the Viburnum macrocephalum, more commonly known as the 'Chinese Snowball Bush', is beautiful and easy-to-grow. It’s fast growing and a very prolific shrub. Here for sale are beautiful Viburnum ‘Emerald Lustre’ in 200mm pots. 1 x 2 litre pot, for spring/summer planting, https://www.sarahraven.com/flowers/plants/cut-flower-seedlings/viburnum-opulus-roseum.htm, https://sarahraven.images.blucommerce.com/sarahraven/product/200273_5.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&bluhash=d8be1139b4f60b1e7d13d2559d91f041&w=200&h=200&fit=crop&s=f688508e2f3113b6e61b10a6683bd354, Flowers/Plants/For Shade and Ground Cover, Perennials for Spring and Summer Planting. Also it will need repotting every few years. Once established, viburnum are typically cut back by about one third each year to maintain their shape. Delivery available for orders over $500. Flowers look wonderful picked when in bud. This is a lovely young plant. These are coupled with very attractive fresh green foliage that is similar in shape to that of a Japanese Maple Acer, and these leaves add further interest by becoming purple-red tinted in the autumn. Registered in England & Wales #06694059. 829 viburnum opulus products are offered for sale by suppliers on Alibaba.com A wide variety of viburnum opulus options are available to you, There are 30 suppliers who sells viburnum opulus on Alibaba.com, mainly located in Asia. Refine Plant List. Soil Preference. Prized by florists, Viburnum opulus 'Roseum' (European Cranberrybush) is a large, bushy deciduous shrub of rounded habit, adorned with a profusion of large rounded clusters, 3 in. As a relatively new customer to Sarah Raven I have been really impressed by the quality and customer service. Acidic, Loamy, Moist, Rich, Sandy, Silty Loam, Well Drained, Wet. V. opulus ‘ Notcutts Variety’ is a hardy form with lace cap flowers. 1x 3ft extra large viburnum dawn winter flowering. Flowered just after I planted it and continues to grow vigorously. Grows 10-12’, sun-part shade, Z4 23 plants listed. Large £40.00 each VIBURNUM cinnamomifolium > Handsome shrub with glossy leathery leaves and corymbs of white flowers in June followed by black egg-shaped fruits Choose Mature Size How Much Sun Growing Conditions Special Features Search. Probably the oldest known garden viburnum as it was recorded in the 16th century as "Sambucus Rose". C $9.99 to C $27.99. Fair , still surviving , one is stronger than the other . Photography: © Jonathan Buckley. Emerging soft lime green, the eye-catching snowball blossoms change to pure white and often blush pink before they fade. We use cookies to personalise content, analyse website performance and for advertising purposes. Blooms in May. Large luscious leaves, excellent for hedging or large shrub for your garden. americanum Aiton. Fruit and ... Viburnum dentatum BLUE MUFFIN 'Christom' £14.99. Actual product may vary due to pot size, availability and season. Make a hole big enough to accommodate the root ball and sprinkle mycorrhizal fungi into the base of the planting hole. Buy It Now. across (7 cm), packed with sterile flowers in late spring. Mulch after pruning. Genus Viburnum can be deciduous or evergreen shrubs with opposite, simple or palmately lobed leaves and clusters of small, often fragrant white or pink flowers, followed by red, blue or black berries . Ours are good sized specimens of 1.25metres high, this is a fabulous variety of Viburnum, a native to the UK found in hedgerows or woodlands so they will happily grow in shady spots. It can also grow very wide, so make sure to give it plenty of room to spread when planting. It has the RHS Award of Garden Merit … A large rounded shrub reaching 10-12'. Plant Delivery - As a relatively new customer to Sarah Raven I have been really impressed by the quality and customer service. Also called Highbush Cranberry or Viburnum opulus var. This vibrant berry bearing shrub will provide great interest in the garden throughout the seasons. 2' - 3' Sun Preference. Viburnum odoratissimum "Emerald Lustre" White. £22.99. It hasn't grown as much as I was hoping it would ( just a few inches in about 6 months) but it seems healthy with lots of leaves, so perhaps it is just a slow grower. The frothy, white flower heads have caused the shrub to become known as the ‘Snowball Tree’, and those blooms make excellent cut … Ours are good sized specimens of 1.25metres high, this is a fabulous variety of Viburnum, a native to the UK found in hedgerows or woodlands so they will happily grow in shady spots. Just beautiful in full flower. Viburnum Opulus Roseum Snowball Tree for Sale Online UK IRL. Viburnum is an excellent plant, and it will assure you a beautiful landscape. Position carefully in the ground, to the same depth as it was growing previously, firm back the soil and water in well. This vibrant berry bearing shrub will provide great interest in the garden throughout the seasons. Also known as the Snowball Bush, Viburnum Opulus (Viburnum opulus), has pure white snowball flowers and stunning translucent orange-red berries in large clusters from Summer through to Winter. Height and spread to 5ft (1.5m). Full standard Viburnum plants for sale. Deciduous. From early May, this is covered in bright acid-green fluffy footballs and elegant indented leaves. My plant arrived well packed and looked really healthy and wow what a display of flowers it had in the spring, I was very pleased with it. Probably the oldest known garden viburnum as it was recorded in the 16th century as “Sambucus Rose”. Pot size: 20 Litres. Viburnum Dentatum Shrub, also known as arrowwood viburnum is beautiful and is also known as the Arrowood Viburnum. Large Viburnum Roseum Opulus 10 Litre 80-100cm - Also know as Viburnum Roseum Sterile. Reviewed 24th April 2017 by Oana Harrison. Viburnum carlesii Plant - … A deciduous shrub forming a thicket of erect, grey stems, 10 to 15 ft high; young wood glabrous, ribbed. It can also grow very wide, so make sure to give it plenty of room to spread when planting. Viburnum opulus 'Roseum'/ Snowball/ Ornamental Shrub/ Plant/ CANADA. Considered to be an heirloom plant, possibly why it is the most commonly known viburnum to the public. Large (3) Medium (21) Small (3) Special features. Just enter your email below: Also known as the Snowball Bush, my favourite foliage plant for late spring and early summer picking. +C $17.00 shipping. Viburnum Opulus 'Roseum' (Snowball tree) £12.99. From early May, this is covered in bright acid-green fluffy footballs and elegant indented leaves. this compact, evergreen shrub is an attractive groundcover plant for the front of a border in sun or partial shade. Best to feed with ericaceous feed 2-3 times per annum. May be lightly pruned after flowering unless berries are required. The leaves, which turn to purplish red during the autumn, offer a good spring and autumn display in the garden. Viburnum Old Fashioned Snowball Shrub. Its lobed, maple-like leaves turn fiery shades of red and purple in the autumn adding a glorious show of colour to the garden. Hope this helps. Viburnum opulus L. Guelder Rose. Excellent healthy plant. It would be better growing in the ground, but you could try and grow it in a pot, but it will need to be a large one, and will need to be kept well watered and fed. Viburnum; Viburnum. Arrowwood Viburnum Shrub is a Beautiful and Versatile Shrub. Description. Autumn foliage colour (20) Berries or fruit (27) Evergreen / semi evergreen (10) Fast growing (1) Flowering (27) Low maintenance (25) ... Viburnum opulus 'Roseum' £16.99. Viburnum opulus Compactum is a very decorative deciduous shrub, blooming mid-spring with huge flat-topped flowers, which turn gradually to brilliant white as the season progresses. It is now putting on some good growth and I'm just hoping I've chosen the right spot for it. Viburnum opulus ‘Roseum’ Common snowball (Syn. Probably the oldest known garden viburnum as it was recorded in the 16th century as “Sambucus Rose”. This plant is prized for its round clusters of white flowers that resemble snowballs, delighting children and adults. VIBURNUM OPULUS SNOWBALL. Hope this helps. Leaves three- (sometimes four- or five-) lobed, maple-like, 2 to 4 in. Viburnum opulus ‘Sterile’(’Roseum’): Snowball Viburnum. viburnum Excellent condition without box postage can be arranged or pick up better King's Lynn V. sterile). Viburnum opulus is also known as the Guelder Rose and is a bushy, deciduous shrub with striking blooms and masses of bright, translucent red berries. If you are seeking more fall color, select Forest Rouge Blackhaw, Brandywine or the American Cranberry Bush. Viburnum Hillieri 'Winton' £19.99. www.thegobbettnursery.co.uk. In May and June the branches of this vigorous deciduous shrub are smothered with large, snowball-like clusters of white or green-tinted white flowers - hence its common name, the snowball tree. Fruit is similar to that of Viburnum opulus but is used for preserves and jellies. This shrub is versatile and can thrive in a variety of soil conditions with ease. From early May, this is covered in bright acid-green fluffy footballs and elegant indented leaves. 200mm pots are $11ea. Growing conditions. If you are seeking more fall color, select Forest Rouge Blackhaw, Brandywine or the American Cranberry Bush. good service from staff and delivery compani, Reviewed 29th August 2018 by Mrs Seabrook. 8' - 12' Mature Spread. A deciduous shrub forming a thicket of erect, grey stems, 10 to 15 ft high; young wood glabrous, ribbed. Prized by florists, Viburnum opulus 'Roseum' (European Cranberrybush) is a large, bushy deciduous shrub of rounded habit, adorned with a profusion of large rounded clusters, 3 in. Viburnum plicatum 'Watanabe' £ 20.49. Viburnum shrubs for sale in the UK from Thompson & Morgan - Experts in the Garden Since 1855 - See our latest viburnum shrub special offers Evergreens tend to have a deep glossy leaf with flowers produced over the winter such as Viburnum Tinus (Lauistinus) and Viburnum Tinus Eve Price, making for excellent hedges large and small depending on which species were chosen. White flowers open from tight pink buds and, oh, the perfume. In May and June the branches of this vigorous deciduous shrub are smothered with large, snowball-like clusters of white or green-tinted white flowers - hence its common name, the snowball tree. Our passion for viburnums is evidenced by offering our customers the largest selection of viburnums in the United States. In fall, its leaves turn vibrant shades of red. Its leaves are also slightly smaller and darker. Although Viburnum is a wonderful addition to any summer garden it comes alive in May and June when it produces masses of snowball size white flowers or white flowers with a pale hint of green. Eve Price is quite a hardy variety but it can be slightly tender in extreme frosts. The viburnum opulus was healthy and packaged perfectly. Full Sun, Partial Sun/Shade. Most Viburnum shrubs are fragrant to very fragrant, some of them are winter flowering and others flower early to mid spring. 8' - 12' Shipping Height. It has the RHS Award of Garden Merit because of its desirability for UK gardens.The snowball tree was known in the 16th century as Sambucus Rose, already prized by gardeners for its beautiful blooms. The plant was healthy and is now established in a large container and had a lot of blooms this year. The viburnum opulus was healthy and packaged perfectly. Clear filters. Cold Stream Farm offers Highbush Cranberry Shrubs for sale in both bare root seedlings & transplants. Buy Viburnum opulus 'Roseum' syn. Viburnum opulus Roseum is more commonly called the Snowball Tree, and with good reason, as its outstanding characteristic is the large, white, fluffy blooms that cover this large shrub every spring. When in stock, please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery. This outstanding shrub is available in smaller sizes, and a good choice for a limited space would be the Blue Muffin Viburnum. Viburnums will tolerate windy conditions and can be planted in coastal areas. Viburnum opulus L. var. Sear the stem end in boiling water for 45 seconds and it will last for 2 weeks in a vase. Viburnum Opulus roseum or commonly named the snowball bush, is a fully hardy flowering shrub, producing stunning large snowball-like clusters of white flowers in early summer amongst large, decorative, fresh green,maple-like leaves which become tinted purple in … View our cookie policy to learn more, £18.50 Was: £18.50 Now £18.50Starting at £18.50, £10.50 Was: £10.50 Now £10.50Starting at £10.50, £15.95 Was: £15.95 Now £15.95Starting at £15.95, £39.95 Was: £39.95 Now £39.95Starting at £39.95, £9.50 Was: £9.50 Now £9.50Starting at £9.50.