The LingComm Grant is a $500 grant for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. Check out these resources! Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? Episode 37: Smell words, both real and invented What’s your favourite smell? r/Lingthusiasm: A podcast that's enthusiastic about linguistics by Gretchen McCulloch and Lauren Gawne. The LingComm Grant is a $500 grant for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. Thanks to the Lingthusiasm patrons, who make it possible for us to keep making Lingthusiasm, we’re offering a grant for a lingcomm project that helps linguistics reach new audiences. Lingthusiasm LingComm Grant opportunity: USD 500 for communicating linguistics to a broader audience—especially "projects that bring linguistics to new audiences in engaging ways." If we reach 790 patrons by the 1st of May 2020, we’ll give out four grants instead of two. Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com — Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? We're entirely independent, which means that we can go deep into the fun linguistics nerdery, but also that we rely entirely on the support of our … Gretchen: Yes. LingComm Grant: Supporting the next generation of linguistics communication projects When I started Superlinguo, my start up costs were the $15 a year I paid in webhosting to own the domain. Looking for inspiration or guidance for your own linguistics communication project? The LingComm Grant is four $500 grants for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. Finally, we announced the LingComm Grant, a $500 (USD) grant that we’re giving out to help another linguistics communication project, thanks to the support of the Lingthusiasm patrons! LingComm, Communicating Linguistics to Broader Audiences, announces its 2020 LingComm Grant for $500 (USD) to support a linguistics communication project that brings linguistics to new audiences in engaging ways. 2020 LingComm Grant . Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? A podcast that's enthusiastic about linguistics by Gretchen McCulloch (All Things Linguistic) and Lauren Gawne (Superlinguo). Listened to all the episodes here and wish there were more? Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? We’ll also be updating our public lingcomm resources as we find out other questions that people have about lingcomm, through the mentorship part of the program. superlinguo: superlinguo: When I started Superlinguo, my start up costs were the $15 a year I paid in webhosting to own the domain. About The 2020 LingComm Grant is $500 (USD) to support a linguistics communication project that brings linguistics to new audiences in engaging ways. June 2020: translation & public health, LingComm Grantees, and IPA masks Posted on July 17, 2020 August 10, 2020 by Gretchen McCulloch I wrote an article for Wired in which I got to talk with a lot of really interesting people about the importance of language to public health: Covid-19 Is History’s Biggest Translation Challenge . But first, we are very excited to announce the launch of the Lingthusiasm LingComm Grant. Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com — Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com — Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? Listen to Lingthusiasm - A podcast that's enthusiastic about linguistics episodes free, on demand. Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? A podcast that's enthusiastic about linguistics by Gretchen McCulloch and Lauren Gawne. Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? The LingComm Grant is four $500 grants for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. The LingComm Grant is four $500 grants for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. To find out about future LingComm Grant updates, sign up for the Lingthusiasm monthly email list. My newsletter for January 2020: a robo-generated episode of Lingthusiasm, Lingthusiasm Discord server, LingComm Grant, and xkcd hovertext. Also, our producer Claire realized she was actually a synesthete while editing this episode! If you’re a linguist with a linguistics communication idea that could use a $500 boost to make it, you can apply at lingcomm.org by June 1. 37 talking about this. Lauren and I also announced that we’re giving out a second LingComm Grant, thanks to the support of Claire Bowern’s NSF grant. The LingComm Grant is four $500 grants for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. The LingComm Grant is a $500 grant for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, … The words about, broken, council, potato, and support have something in common -- they all contain the same sound, even though they each spell it with a different letter. Lingthusiasm is a podcast that's enthusiastic about linguistics by linguists Gretchen McCulloch and Lauren Gawne. The LingComm Grant is a $500 grant for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. View any Photo / Video / Audio / Quote / Link / Chat / Text of Tumblr Lauren: I’m Lauren Gawne. Today, we’re getting enthusiastic about tense and how different languages talk about time. Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, … We’re working to build the most useful podcast information source available by providing you with as much publicly available information about each podcast in our database as we can find and keeping it as up to date as possible. A reminder that we’re giving out a LingComm Grant of $500 USD for an upcoming linguistics communication project! Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? ANNOUNCEMENT TIME We're giving out a $500 USD grant to help a linguistics communication project! Applications close 1st of June 2020. 2020 LingComm Grant . I’m Gretchen McCulloch. Make your boring commute or chores feel like … A weird and deep conversation about language delivered right to your ears the third Thursday of every month. ... Lingthusiasm merch makes a great gift for yourself or other lingthusiasts! The LingComm Grant is a $500 grant for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. The grant also includes a one-on-one mentoring … Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com Have a great idea for a linguistics communication project, but need a bit of money to get it off the ground? The LingComm Grant is four $500 grants for communicating linguistics to broader audiences in 2020. Thanks to the Lingthusiasm patrons, who make it possible for us to keep making Lingthusiasm, we’re offering a grant for a lingcomm project that helps linguistics reach new audiences. You might say something like the smell of fresh ripe strawberries, or the smell of freshly-cut grass. ‎A podcast that's enthusiastic about linguistics by Gretchen McCulloch (All Things Linguistic) and Lauren Gawne (Superlinguo). See the announcement thread or check out our new LingComm.org website for details. Gretchen: Welcome to Lingthusiasm, the podcast that’s enthusiastic about linguistics! LingComm Grant: Supporting the next generation of linguistics communication projects When I started Superlinguo, my start up costs were the $15 a year I paid in webhosting to own the domain. Wa… Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? Want to talk with other people who are enthusiastic about linguistics? Listened to all the episodes here and wish there were more? The grant is funded by Lingthusiasm and judged by Gretchen McCulloch and Lauren Gawne. LingComm Grant: Supporting the next generation of linguistics communication projects. Support Lingthusiasm on Patreon to gain access to the teaching linguistics episode and 37 previous bonus episodes, and to chat with fellow lingthusiasts in the Lingthusiasm patron Discord. Check out IPA scarves, IPA socks, and more at lingthusiasm.redbubble.com. Podknife is a curated podcast information and review site designed to be accessible in your browser from any device. Tumbex is your access to all the tumblog, with a streamlined design and optimized navigation. Looking to support emerging lingcomm projects? How can I stay in the loop about the LingComm Grant? The grant is funded by Lingthusiasm… From: Lauren Gawne Subject: 2020 LingComm Grant E-mail this message to a friend The 2020 LingComm Grant is $500 (USD) to support a linguistics communication project that brings linguistics to new audiences in engaging ways. If we reach 790 patrons by the 1st of May 2020, we’ll give out four grants instead of … A weird and deep conversation about language delivered right to your ears the third Thursday of every month.