Warm the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. They’re vegan and naturally gluten-free and a really great shareable snack for a party. These baked sweet potato fries are loaded with black beans, onions, cilantro, and vegan cheese. Add onion, garlic, and chipotle and cook … Hello and welcome to Up Beet Kitchen, my little corner of the internet where I share naturally delicious recipes made with wholesome, plant-based goodness. Heat a large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat. If you plan to serve it as an appetizer or side dish, note that it makes 6-8 smaller servings. That could be fun! Apparently, I am chattier than I thought! For awhile, I wanted to become a registered dietitian, and had planned to upgrade my maths and sciences so that I would be able to get into a nutritional sciences program at university. Sweet potatoes, rich in beta carotene and fibre, are piled high into a dish and topped with any combination of vegetables, sauces, and proteins your heart desires. Yes, you hear RIGHT. Arrange the sweet potato rounds in a single layer on the baking sheet. If you’re a longtime blog reader (thank you! I just don’t think I am cut out for the hard sciences. Finally, chop up some tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and Kalamata olives. I decided to use red onions, corn, jalapeños, black beans, cilantro, tomato, lime … That’s exactly what you’ll get with these Loaded Vegan Taco Fries. They are fries but not fried. First, prepare the chickpeas by lightly pan-frying them in olive oil and za’atar. A few leaves of romaine lettuce, shredded. The toppings this time around take their inspiration from Mediterranean ingredients and flavours: chickpeas, lightly pan-fried in za’atar; tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, and a bright green lemon herb tahini sauce. These chimichurri loaded sweet potato fries are a quick & easy, healthy & hearty, insanely delicious meal! Transfer them to a large bowl, add the oil and salt and toss … Your email address will not be published. Arrange the sweet potatoes on a plate and top with black beans, corn, salsa, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, and vegan … You have successfully joined our subscriber list.Please check your inbox to confirm and download your e-book. (I know, I say that a lot.) The result is Tex Mex loaded sweet potato fries - seasoned fries topped with vegan cheese, guacamole, cashew sour cream, beans, onion and corn. with steamed Broccoli & roasted Cherry tomatoes. Cut the potatoes into fry size pieces. Which leads me to my next point, which is that I have decided to go back to university in September. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Keywords: loaded mediterranean fries, vegan loaded fries, Tag @upbeet.kitchen on Instagram and hashtag it #upbeetkitchen, Filed Under: Appetizers, CSA-Inspired, Dressings, Dips, and Sauces, Gluten-Free, Lunch, Recipes, Side Dishes, Vegan Tagged With: cucumber, Mediterranean, olives, sweet potato, tahini, tomatoes, vegan. I put all of the sweet potato fries into my cast iron skillet and loaded them up with the tempeh, gochujang cream, kimchi, radishes, cilantro, green onions, and sesame seeds, then let everyone help themselves. I felt a little dejected for awhile, especially since I had been seeing a steady increase in traffic for a couple of months. Vegan loaded Texas fries have arrived. I used this one from Organic Fair, a wonderful Canadian company! I started this blog as a creative outlet, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that’s how I want it to remain… at least for now. Loaded Sweet Potato Fries with Smoked Tempeh Bits, Drizzled with Garlic Dressing. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sign up to receive blog updates, and I'll send you my e-cookbook, Power Bowls: 10 Vibrant and Wholesome Recipes to Supercharge Your Diet, and Your Health, for free! I’m pretty footloose and fancy free at this time in my life, and I’m looking at this as a great opportunity for personal and professional growth. This is my third kick at loaded sweet potato fries recipes, and I think this is my favourite version yet. I’ve honestly found it challenging to strike a balance between writing from the heart (and potentially over-sharing), and writing in a style that is more impersonal but more suitable to a wide audience. Place the gochujang, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and water in an upright … Place in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil. I love making healthy snacks like this give me nutrients, fiber, and don’t compromise on taste. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until slightly browned and crispy. 15 Mental Health Boosting Plant-Based Recipes for the Holidays, 15 Plant-Based Recipes With Complete Proteins, 15 Raw Food Recipes for Your Post-Thanksgiving Cleanse, 15 Energy-Boosting Recipes to Pick You Up After Thanksgiving. A fries recipe without any potato?! While this semester will be delivered online, I am incredibly excited to move back to the west coast of Canada later in the fall. Transfer into an airtight container. ★☆ Top with beans**, red onion, cilantro and a drizzle of … However, you can also just leave all the components separate and let people serve themselves. Thai Sweet Potato Curry – the perfect weeknight dinner. Make the sweet potato oven fries: Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the sweet potatoes into matchsticks resembling the length and width of French fries… The duration depends on how thickly you cut your fries. You’ll use the same method from my previous loaded sweet potato fries recipes (. Learn how your comment data is processed. Loaded sweet potato fries. The perfect summer loaded fries recipe. Thanks to a few of my pins gaining traction, I ended up with a decent increase in traffic, and I submitted an application to Mediavine, an ad management network, once I reached 27 000 monthly sessions. *If you use store-bought gochujang, start with a tablespoon and add more as needed. If I’m being 100% honest with you, this was a clean out the fridge meal. While the sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare your toppings. Prep the vegetables (peel and cube sweet potato, peel and roughly chop onion, cut cauliflower into … Add all the toppings and drizzle with tahini sauce. For this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients: This recipe serves 4 as a main dish, with some chickpeas and sauce left over. … Toss again and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Sign up for daily news from OneGreenPlanet. These loaded Mediterranean Sweet Potato Fries are topped with crispy za’atar-coated chickpeas, diced tomatoes, red onion, lettuce, olives, and lemon herb tahini sauce. Add the marinated tempeh and cook until the tempeh is getting nicely browned, 5-10 minutes more. Second, make the lemon herb tahini sauce by adding tahini, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic, parsley, cilantro, salt, pepper, and water to an upright blender and blending until smooth. And I hope that you love these loaded Mediterranean sweet potato fries as much as I do. These vegan Korean loaded sweet potato fries are topped with maple tamari tempeh, kimchi, gochujang cashew cream, and cilantro. 1 sweet potato, cut into fry shapes – since we're baking the fries, don't cut them too … Baked sweet potato fries loaded with black bean chili, creamy cashew sauce, and spicy tomato salsa. I am totally obsessed with loaded fries, and these take the cake. To assemble, place the fries on a large plate. This dish will … I got accepted by Mediavine and started running ads on the blog at the end of May… just in time for my traffic to drop dramatically, back down to 1000 page views or fewer per day. BLACK BEAN version: To cook black beans, add a dash of olive oil or water to a pan over medium … Harissa lends both a spiciness and an earthiness to this … It’s a good feeling to have, after so many years of struggling to believe in myself and my purpose. So, I am going back to university to further my studies in geography and ecology at the University of Victoria. This dish makes a fun appetizer, but it’s satisfying as a main dish, too! I don’t think anyone who knows me is surprised at this announcement. ★☆ Bake your fries in a preheated, fan assisted oven for a total of about 30-45 minutes at 200°C (390°F). To serve, you have a few options! ★☆ Some of the decline can be attributed to economies opening back up and people spending less time cooking; some of it can be attributed to the “summer slump” that many food bloggers see every year; and some of it can be attributed to my own lack of interest in spending hours on end promoting my blog on social media. Seasoned curly fries are topped with all kinds of goodies. Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Here’s What Worked for Me, 20 Sweet And Savory Indian Snacks For Your Diwali Celebration, Here’s What You Need to Be Eating for Naturally Clear Skin, Photo of Pit Bull Who Used to Be Kept in a Crate and Abused for Fights Proves There Is Always Hope, 25 Meat-Free Main Dishes for Your Thanksgiving Feast, 1 pound organic tempeh (2 packages), chopped into 1/2-inch cubes, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil, 6 medium or 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled, Couple pinches each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, 1/4 cup Gochujang-Style Chili Paste or store-bought gochujang*, 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice. (Mediavine’s minimum sessions requirement until recently was 25 000/month, but they have recently increased it to a minimum of 50 000 monthly sessions.) Love it. Slice the sweet potatoes into matchsticks about 1/4 of an inch in width. But for the first time in my life, I feel completely uninhibited and confident in my direction. Your email address will not be published. Eggplant Crunchburger [Vegan, Gluten-Free], 10 Products You Didn’t Know Contain Animal Ingredients, A Whole Foods Vegan Diet: The Ultimate Guide, The Ultimate Guide to Vegan Meats and Meat Substitutes, Want to Eat Plant-Based but Having Digestion Problems? This is another of my flavorful and lovely looking recipes you can prepare without any special gourmet skills. Moving back home for these past few years has yielded a different sort of growth, and I’ll look back on it as a very special time with my family and friends. Going forward, I think that I might share life updates in a monthly “coffee date” style post. This eczema friendly take on loaded sweet potato fries substitutes 'itch promoting salicylates (typically found in Mexican foods such as tomatoes and spices), for alkalising cabbage, high fibre beans, vegan cashew cream and anti-inflammatory spring onion. These fries would also taste great in an air fryer. Thai Sweet Potato Curry. Chop fries into even-sized fries, the thinner the fries the quicker they cook! Add the onion, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Here, the main ingredient is … ), you might find that my posts are less wordy and more to the point than they once were. Place the gochujang, cashews, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and water in an upright blender and blend until smooth. A few weeks ago I made these loaded sweet potato fries and posted them on Instagram. ★☆. Za’atar is a Middle Eastern spice blend. They taste amazing and will impress everyone at the table! Allison is a food lover and environmentalist. Oddly enough, I feel more at peace with how things are going in my own life than I have in a long time. This helps the tempeh absorb the tasty marinade. Former Presidents Bush, Clinton, and Obama Will Get Publicly Vaccinated for COVID-19, Pet Cheetahs Are Being Used as a Status Symbol – Why This Needs to Stop Now, Why We Should be Focusing on Conservation Through Habitat Preservation, not Captive Breeding, #AdoptDontShop: 10 Kind-Hearted Celebrities Who Rescued Dogs During the Pandemic, 5 Reasons Testing on Animals Makes No Sense, How to Make Christmas Themed Treats for Your Furry Companions, 5 Ways Eating More Plant-Based Foods Benefits the Environment, Petition: Save Birds by Urging Officials to Enact Leash Laws on Beaches During Nesting Season, Petition: Protect Cheetahs from Trophy Hunting. All the Plant-Based Latke Recipes You Need This Hanukkah, Celebrate National Cookie Day With These 15 Vegan Christmas Cookies, 15 Plant-Based Recipes to Fight Joint Pain this Winter, House Passes Big Cat Public Safety Act to Prevent Another “Tiger King”, ‘Shai Has Given Me a Quality of Life I Had Lost’ Says Veteran Suffering From PTSD About His Service Dog, CDC Shortens Quarantine Window to 10 Days or 7 Days With Test. Place them in an even layer with a bit of space in between each matchstick to ensure that they cook properly. Mint Chocolate Cookie Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free], Samoa-Like Coconut Oatmeal Cookie [Vegan], Lots of Latkes! I’m not making light of the pandemic and how many lives have been lost or permanently affected by it- this is just speaking of my own situation, which I am incredibly lucky to be in. Toss to coat and then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, and arrowroot. ★☆ This gochujang recipe is quite mild in comparison to many store-bought varieties. Toss to coat every cube with the marinade, cover, and set aside for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. Once the … Korean Loaded Sweet Potato Fries [Vegan] - One Green Planet Subscribe to get recipes straight to your inbox + my free "Power Bowls" e-cookbook! In early April, I found myself with more time to dedicate to the blog, so I started to work very hard at promoting my blog on Pinterest. So amazingly delicious and incredibly messy too! Enjoy immediately! (And I haven’t even gotten into the beer yet, wink wink.) Loaded Sweet Potato Oven Fries with Miso Tahini Gravy, Loaded Korean Sweet Potato Fries with Tempeh and Kimchi, Oil-Free Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (Maple Sweetened), Thai Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Almond Butter Sauce, Caribbean Kidney Bean Quesadillas with Mango Aioli, Cashew Butter Cardamom Hot Chocolate (Vegan), Za’atar (a Middle Eastern spice blend that contains sumac, sesame seeds, and thyme- see recipe card for more information about this ingredient), Start by making the sweet potato oven fries. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Healthy, colorful and mouthwatering dish that proves vegan diet is anything but boring. While the sweet potato fries are doing their thing in the oven, you’ll have time to prepare all of the remaining toppings! « Vegan Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Snacking Cake. Shingled Sweet Potatoes with Harissa. If you make this recipe, leave a comment and rating below to let me know how you enjoyed it! As someone who can get pretty obsessed with numbers, looking at my disappointing traffic stats on a daily basis hasn’t been great for my psyche, so I have been trying to detach myself from them and focus more on what I love the most, which is creating recipes, improving my photography, and writing. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe This is a super easy recipe that can be made for dinner, a snack or perfect for any party! We’re talking garlicky chimichurri paired with earthy black beans, dollops of creamy almond cheese, buttery avocado, spicy fresh chiles, and lots of fresh chives.. all over crisp, oven baked sweet potato fries! This is so good, and such a great combo of veggies and sauce. Add more water as needed- you’re aiming for a cashew sour cream consistency. While fries … Copyright © 2020 Upbeet Kitchen on the Foodie Pro Theme. Sweet and garlicky baked fries, fresh veggies, olives and cheese, and a generous amount of pizza and BBQ sauce. **Remember to soak the cashews in boiling water for 45 minutes before making the sauce. Cook for 30-40 minutes, flipping them halfway through. These vegan oven-baked loaded fries are a fascination for those who love fries, but can’t afford to add on tons of fats in their food. Serve them up in a big cast iron skillet for the ultimate communal family meal! Think of it as high vibe vegan poutine that takes its cues from the Mediterranean, rather than French Canada! She is the recipe developer, photographer, and writer behind the food and sustainability blog, Up Beet Kitchen. Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high quality content. Please support us! Further, food is my passion and my joy, but I don’t think I want it to be my career. Throughout April and May, my traffic increased steadily, and there was a day when I looked at my Google Analytics and saw that the blog had received 85 000 page views in the past 30 days. Yes, I am making a modest amount of money from ads now, and I don’t rule out the possibility of collaborating with brands or even writing a book down the road, but for the time being, I am content with continuing to focus on creating really delicious recipes, and trust that the right readers will find me regardless of how heavily I promote my site on social media platforms. I don’t know how much people care to know about what’s going on in my life, and I certainly don’t want to come off as egocentric in so doing. Activists Saved 34 Dogs From Underground Meat Trade and Found Them Forever Homes! Loaded sweet potato fries, naturally gluten-free, vegan comfort food. With a certificate in Holistic Nutrition, she believes in the nourishing power of organic whole foods, and is on a mission to make healthy cooking fun and intuitive for all. But every time I thought about it, I encountered resistance in my heart. I might not have as much time to blog once I move back there, since I will be in school full time and working a lot to cover the cost of living, but it will be an amazing experience, one that I am incredibly grateful for. To make the loaded fries, preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Place the tempeh cubes in a steamer basket and steam for 2 minutes. What’s not to love? Easy: We simply bake the sweet potato fries, cook the BBQ jackfruit, blend the vegan nacho cheese, and then finally bake the nachos along with all the toppings. And be sure to share a photo of your creation on Instagram- just tag @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen so that I can feature it in my stories! In blogging, as in practically everything else, it ceases to be fun as soon as it becomes all about the numbers. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. When not in the kitchen, she enjoys spending time in nature and exploring the craft beer scene in eastern Ontario. Air fryer methodPop the … And you guys kinda went crazy for them – so I wanted to share the recipe with you. The BBQ Jackfruit really makes a realistic vegan … Baked Garlic Pepper Polenta Fries. 15 Vegan Recipes to Fight Inflammation During The Holidays! Mix the tamari, barbecue sauce, maple syrup, rice vinegar, sesame oil, Worcestershire sauce, and chili flakes together in a bowl and pour over the tempeh. Get your favorite articles delivered right to your inbox! Cook until the onions have softened and are getting nicely browned, about 10 minutes. You can find it in some specialty grocery stores, or you can make your own using this recipe. To serve, place the sweet potatoes in a large dish, skillet, or platter. Meat-eater approved: I have served this dish to so many non-vegan friends and family who love it! Anyways, I am grateful, as always, to you for reading the posts and making the recipes!