Use plain whole milk Greek yogurt for the best consistency, and great taste. Pour in the yogurt and refrigerate for at least 8 hours to allow the whey to drain out. You can follow me on Facebook or Pinterest. The yogurt needs to be drained for at least 5 to 6 hours. 4 c. plain, full-fat yogurt (homemade yogurt is commonly used, but store-bought Greek yogurt works well and speeds up the process) For the Shrikhand. 2) In a bowl add greek yogurt, powdered sugar, saffron milk. Dissolve the saffron strands in 1 teaspoon of water or milk. saffron threads to a powder with a mortar and pestle; transfer to a small bowl. Your email address will not be published. Step 2 Crush ¼ tsp. It serves as a healthy breakfast or snack option. Pour the mango shrikhand in serving bowls and garnish with chopped pistachios/cashews. Exotic Indian mangoes are used in their prime to make this silky and creamy Indian dessert. Here with I have shared how to make greek yogurt/hung curd to make all types of Shrikhand. Ingredients. This Mango Shrikhand recipe is a refreshing Mango and Yogurt based Indian dessert. Homemade mango yogurt is budget-friendly, free of preservatives, and highly customizable. Saffron, Cardamom, Mango are most popular flavors. Your email address will not be published. Jan 9, 2020 - Mango shrikhand is a delicious mango and yogurt Indian dessert recipe. Adjust the sugar quantity as per your liking. 2. I have tried both ways with Greek yogurt… Mango shrikhand, an exotic dessert, is easy to prepare. Required fields are marked *. Finely grind … These creamy and delicious mango desserts are light and not excessively sweet.Mango Yoghurt Parfait RecipeMango Shrikhand Recipe #Amrita Food … I would love to see your creation. Thank you, Hi Jayshree, sorry I don’t have any shrikhand recipe with ricotta cheese..you can try replacing yogurt with ricotta cheese but the taste will be different for sure. Thank you! For the mango shrikhand: Line a colander with coffee filters or paper towels, and set over a deep bowl. Collect the chopped mangoes in the mixer, grind for a minute, till puree is formed. 3 cup yogurt ((curd or dahi)) 1 cup mango puree; 1/3 cup fine sugar (approx, use as needed) 1/4 tsp crushed … https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/mango-shrikhand-amrakhand-recipe Required fields are marked *. By : Karishma Pradhan. It’s rich, delicious, and creamy. In this recipe, I am using Greek Yogurt which is strained and thick yogurt. . Get a free recipe. Kesar Shrikhand recipe/ kesar elaichi Shrikhand recipe is a type of Shrikhand Recipe Variety which we can make it with the greek yogurt/hung yogurt. In this recipe, I am using Greek Yogurt which is strained and thick yogurt. Thank you!! There are so, s. Blackened Tilapia (Gluten-free, Paleo, Dairy-free, Instant Kalakand using Ricotta Cheese - FoodGlobeLife. Kesar Shrikhand recipe/ kesar elaichi Shrikhand recipe is a type of Shrikhand Recipe Variety which we can make it with the greek yogurt/hung yogurt. Directions. Mango shrikhand, an exotic dessert, is easy to prepare. Wishing you & your family a very happy Diwali!! Exotic Indian mangoes are used in their prime to make this silky and creamy Indian dessert. Amrakhand, Mango Pudding, Mango Shrikhand, Shrikhand, Summer Dessert. You can use low fat milk but your yogurt should be thick. To make Mango Shrikhand or Amrakhand add mango puree in the yogurt and sugar. Whether it’s your favorite Indian takeout or the regular lentils and beans, these 75 new recipes will show you how easy it is to cook your favorite Indian meal in the Instant Pot. I am planning to use store bought mango pulp …. Jan 9, 2020 - Mango shrikhand is a delicious mango and yogurt Indian dessert recipe. Instant mango shrikhand recipe with greek yogurt. * Do not use 0% Greek Yogurt for this recipe, 2% or more will work fine. We do get mangoes in US which taste decent but honestly they are no match to the Indian mangoes. Shrikhand is a yogurt based dessert popular in western parts of India. This yogurt is thicker than store-bought Greek yogurt. Scoop out the mango pulp and blend it, make the mango puree. Let it cool down completely. Although there are so many recipes made with yogurt, mango shrikhand is one of my favorite recipe. Most of the whey would have been … These mangoes were Honey mangoes which are extremely sweet and juicy hence I added less sugar than what’s usually used. This gluten-free sweet treat is an ultimate summertime delight. A cool, creamy, delicious, traditional Maharashtrian recipe made from sweet mango pulp and strained yogurt … Homemade yogurt is hung in a cheesecloth overnight to get a thick, creamy yogurt. Make sure to tie the yogurt in a muslin cloth and hang it for 6 hrs to drain out all the water. Besides, we all need ideas for that Greek Yogurt … The advantage of using Greek yogurt … Ingredients. Mar 25, 2017 - Mango Shrikhand | Aamrkhand - Lush Mango flavored Popular Indian Dessert made with Greek or Thick yogurt, Mango, sweetener, Cardamom, some pistachios, and.. This gluten-free sweet treat is an ultimate summertime delight. Traditional Shrikhand is a yogurt-based sweet dish from Gujarat and Maharashtra. May 26, 2020 - Mango shrikhand is a delicious mango and yogurt Indian dessert recipe. Shrikand with mango makes it a very delicious dessert. Traditionally this procedure took 2-3 days but I guess now no one has time to go through such a long process and hence this instant recipe. Follow the rest of the steps. Manali, I love your recipes. Lemon Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Greek Yogurt Frosting. 219 shares. Your email address will not be published. Please please if you do have it then reply me. If the mango puree is more then keep aside. Your email address will not be published. Amrakhand: Mango Shrikhand. 3. It was awesome! I used 3 riped and juicy mangoes to make 1 and ½ cup of puree. This exotic Dessert is super simple to prepare and of course way healthier than having all sugar coated Sweets that we have. Add 1/4 cup of sugar. For mango shrikhand. For the Strained Yogurt. Hi Manali .. so do you have any recipe for shrikhand using ricotta cheese? No special intro is required for Mango Shrikhand, It is a very familiar dessert that everyone likes to have at any time. May 12, 2019 - Mango Shrikhand | Aamrkhand - Lush Mango flavored Popular Indian Dessert made with Greek or Thick yogurt, Mango, sweetener, Cardamom, some pistachios, and.. How To Make Mango Shrikhand or Mango Yogurt? also add saffron milk. Blend wwll into a smooth thick and creamy yogurt. Gently mix everything until well combined. I used greek yogurt so there was no need to hang it. . Since fruits are able to store sunlight and change in taste even by the mineral content of the soil they grow in, I guess no mango in the us can taste like the ones in india! Shrikhand, Traditional Indian dessert most popular in Maharashtra and Gujarat. If you choose to flavour your Shrikhand with fruit like mango, strawberry, etc, use thick pulp. Making Mango Yogurt is quite easy. Hi, I'm Shraddha and welcome to FoodGlobeLife - where I share my love for the food. However, I tried with peach yogurt! Here with I have shared how to make greek yogurt/hung curd to make all types of Shrikhand. Chop the mangoes and puree them in a blender. Keep the remaining recipe the same. Everyone was asked to name their favorite fruits and while people had different choices, everyone from India said mangoes! Serving Suggestions. Yogurt should be very thick—like an even creamier, richer Greek yogurt. It’s refreshing and exotic dessert. Empty thickened yogurt into a bowl. Thanks, you mean canned mango puree? This dish makes an amazing dessert or sweet dish. I used fresh nicely riped mangoes in this recipe because it’s easy to find fresh mangoes in summer. It is also a best way to have yogurt with mango flavor. having said that, you may opt for greek yoghurt if you wish to buy from the store. Yogurt is a coolant and in combination with mango, it makes summers very welcome. A popular variation of shrikhand in Maharashtra is Amrakhand which is simply Shrikhand blended with mango pulp. Mango Shrikhand Recipe (Mango Yogurt) written by Hina Gujral March 11, 2020. I personally prefer to leave in the fridge overnight to drain. It will just be a little less tangy than if you used regular strained yogurt. Greek yogurt recipes: Greek yogurt is rich and creamy compared to other plain varieties. In a small bowl add the Saffron strings and the water. Add the powdered sugar, mango puree, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, and salt. Instructions Place the Greek Yogurt into a mixing bowl and mix it smooth. When you add mango pulp to shrikhand it becomes Mango Shrikhand or Aamrakhand. There are so many variations like strawberry, vanilla coming up everyday. Mix well with a slotted … Aug 10, 2019 - Mango shrikhand is a delicious mango and yogurt Indian dessert recipe. Peel the cardamom and crush the seeds using mortar and pestle. This instant mango shrikhand recipe is made using Greek Yogurt. Manali – did you hang the yogurt? I cooked the mango puree for 5 minutes to get thick puree and then used it. Mango Shrikhand is a refreshing yogurt based sweet dish. To make Mango Shrikhand or Amrakhand add mango puree in the yogurt and sugar. Just whisk it well and add the mango puree, cardamom powder, and powdered sugar and you are good to go. Mango yogurt, popularly known as Mango Shrikhand in India, is a very easy recipe that requires just 2 ingredients and the best part is that it is a fireless recipe. If so how what is the quantity that we can use ? Always use Whole Milk Greek Yogurt instead of low fat as the whole milk yogurt has a higher fat content. we have in germany, 3,5% or even 10% fat yoghurt is nothing we learned about through the greek yoghurt hype, but much earlier! It’s a quick and easy method to make Mango Shrikhand and the taste of this delicacy is the same as that of regular Mango Shrikhand. I flavoured this Mango Shrikhand with some crushed cardamom seeds and saffron.. and loads of dry fruits. don’t miss to make the authentic dessert, Mango Shrikhand or Amrakhand for this occasion. Add the bleed saffron milk with the hung curd. Simple and easy recipe with hardly any effort. And if you have HUNG CURD or Greek yogurt ready then it takes hardly 4 to 5 minutes to make it. 2 c. strained yogurt 1 ⅓ c. Alphonso or Kesar canned mango puree (I recommend Swad, Ratna, or Deep brand) … . Use plain whole milk Greek yogurt for the best consistency, and great taste. You can use canned mango pulp but it won’t taste the same. Select the bowl or mug which is dip, so the strainer is not touching … Mango is my husband’s favorite fruit, umm I guess if you are from India chances of mango being your favorite fruit is pretty high, like really high! Learn how to make this instant mango shrikhand with Greek yogurt. Servings 6 people. Yogurt is a coolant and in combination with mango, it makes summers very welcome. Shrikhand is a traditional Indian dessert made with hung yogurt. If you use regular plain yogurt, then you might need to hang it! Just set curd, drain all the water from it, add sugar and mango puree and your delectable Mango Yogurt is ready. It will just be a little less tangy than if you used regular strained yogurt. When it’s time to serve just take out the bowls from the refrigerator and garnish with some nuts. Shrikhand is a traditional Indian dessert made with hung yogurt. Tie the plain yogurt in a muslin or cheesecloth and hang it for at least 4 to 6 hrs or until all the water from the yogurt gets drained out. It's rich, creamy, and delicious. But you can also use canned mango puree instead of fresh mango puree. * Adjust sugar to taste, you might not want to add any sugar if the mangoes are sweet enough. good to know, love the peach yogurt idea . Subscribe. drain the yogurt in a cheesecloth or a fine cloth sieve until almost all the whey is drained You can omit it completely if you want. This exotic dessert is easy to prepare and Shrikhand is often served with poori. Well I was not surprised at all, mango is probably the only reason why everyone looks forward to the horrible summer in the country. https://hebbarskitchen.com/mango-shrikhand-recipe-amrakhand-recipe anyway, i would like to add some more tips, suggestions and variations to shrikhand recipe. Adjust the quantity of sugar in this recipe according to the sweetness of mangoes or as per your preference. Step By Step Preparation of making Mango Shrikhand using Greek Yogurt. I will get in touch with her. Mango Mastani, Mango Ice Cream, Mango Coconut Popsicles. Keri no Matho or Mango Matho is … I just printed the malai kofta and will be trying it soon, along with the Shrikhand. For a quick, instant recipe, make the shrikhand with Greek yogurt and store bought mango puree. The Water will take out the orange red natural … Mango shrikhand or Aamrakhand, a variant of Shrikhand is a delicious mango and yogurt dessert recipe.