1 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. 16 and Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary, and Mary was the mother of Jesus who is called the Messiah. 1 After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 1 This is a record of the ancestors of Jesus the Messiah, a descendant of David and of Abraham # 1:1 Greek Jesus the Messiah, Son of David and son of Abraham. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 1 At that time the disciples came to Jesus and asked, “Who, then, is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. They will kill him, and on the third day he will be raised to life.”, After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Doesn’t your teacher pay the temple tax?”. Matthew 17:1-27. Listen to him!”. I brought him to your disciples, but they could not heal him.”, “You unbelieving and perverse generation,”, “how long shall I stay with you? In the same way the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.”. But I tell you, Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but have done to him everything they wished. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 2 There he was transfigured before them. While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Topics Subscribe Random Verse. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?”, “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. “From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own children or from others?”, “But so that we may not cause offense, go to the lake and throw out your line. Bring the boy here to me.”. (1-2) The transformation of Jesus before His disciples. “To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. 1. “Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. NIV 2 There he was transfigured before them. There he was transfigured before them. Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, “Why couldn’t we drive it out?”, “Because you have so little faith. (, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. When Jesus had finished saying these things, he left Galilee and went into the region of Judea to the … Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. “He has seizures and is suffering greatly. Salt and Light. MT 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. Bible > Matthew > Chapter 17 > Verse 11 Matthew 17:11 Parallel Verses. The most popular Bible verses from the chapter Matthew 17. Chapter. KJV 2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. When they looked up, they saw no one except Jesus. Cancel {{#items}} {{/items}} Matthew 15. Bible > Matthew > Chapter 17 > Verse 1 Matthew 17:1 Parallel Verses. Listen to him!”. New Internation Version. Joseph Accepts Jesus as His Son. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made … Topics Archive Bible books Random Verse Search Subscribe Log in. “Because you have so little faith. Some manuscripts include here words similar to Mark 9:29. The Gospel of Matthew: Chapter 17. DailyVerses.net. New International Version Jesus replied, "To be sure, Elijah comes and will restore all things. “Lord, have mercy on my son,” he said. He often falls into the fire or into the water. When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. Matthew 17. John the Baptist Beheaded (). The Ancestors of Jesus the Messiah . Back in Jesus' adopted hometown of Capernaum (Matthew 4:13), collectors of the annual two-drachma, half-shekel temple tax approach Peter. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. The Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.®. And the disciples were filled with grief. X. KJV . When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified. Bible Verses. Compare . Read chapter Matthew 17 online. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) The Transfiguration. English. Proud member They don’t wash their hands before they eat!” 3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?