Pretty much any rice recipe can be converted to riced cauliflower. About 10 minutes. This keto Mexican cauliflower rice can be made with fresh or frozen riced cauliflower. So for months now, I’ve been wanting to make Mexican cauliflower rice… Not spicy but flavorful. I was out of chili powder and used the author's suggestion of substituting the spices with taco seasoning (I used Taco Seasoning I from this site). Tag me on Instagram so I can see! I just put the florets in the food processor and run it until the cauliflower resembles rice. It works for us adults with a sedentary lifestyle who are trying to eat less carbs. Your email address will not be published. This nicely seasoned cauliflower rice makes for a simple, healthier side to any Mexican dish. Mexican Cauliflower Rice Skillet. Add onion; cook and stir until soft, about 5 minutes. When that day comes, this is the perfect grain-free, paleo, Whole-30, keto-friendly alternative to classic Mexican rice. I've been cooking keto/low carb for the past 10 years! Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Making cauliflower rice requires reliance on a food processor. Adjust seasonings. I have been looking at several of your recipes but can’t find the nutritional. Yes, I made riced cauliflower taste like that. Hey there, I'm Jennifer! Sprinkle sauce with salt, pepper and oregano. I’ve made the same with quinoa and added some green chiles as well. It also tastes great as part of the filling for burritos or salads. I had a really large head of cauliflower, which yielded close to 48oz cauliflower rice, and quadrupled the amount of ingredients. Easy peasy! For this recipe, I used fresh cauliflower … It’s ready in only 25 minutes and is gluten free, paleo, vegetarian and vegan. The trouble is, once I start shoveling those fluffy kernels of tomato-scented rice into my face, it’s very difficult to stop until every last grain is in my belly. My only problem was that there seemed to be way too much liquid and took a long time to reduce. 113 calories; protein 5.9g 12% DV; carbohydrates 16.7g 5% DV; fat 4.1g 6% DV; cholesterol 1.5mg 1% DV; sodium 888.1mg 36% DV. Cheese, garlic cream sauce, parmesan… nothing tastes quite right. We often enjoy it as a side for grilled meat in the summer. Cover and cook until cauliflower is heated through, about 3 minutes. Many of you know Mexican rice as a side dish. https://www.drlauraskitchen.com/recipe/mexican-cauliflower-rice-casserole Also avoided the salt and increased the other seasoning a pinch. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Easy Mexican rice recipe that infuses garlic, onion, cumin, and tomatoes to give a burst of savory flavor. Add cauliflower rice, salsa, tomato paste, water, and spices to pan. I made it into a low carb Mexican cauliflower rice with ground turkey skillet. This side dish pairs nicely with a plate of tacos, fajitas, beans, salad, and more! I kept my expectations low as I tossed whatever I … It's addictive...even my husband grabbed another serving. I was afraid it would make the cauliflower mushy but it wasn't at all. I have always been intrigued by cauliflower rice, but have been hesitant to make it since my tummy is sensitive to the cruciferous veggies. Hi Jennifer, Next pour the vinegar over the top. I cut it up into florets or you can also cut it into “steaks”. Very delicious way to make Cauliflower Rice. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates and rice appears dry, about 15 minutes.