Can a vegetarian person get a good meal at this restaurant? We did find that the “tapas” shared plate set up was somewhat difficult to manage (splitting tacos and the other plates...was a sloppy venture). 4.4 out of 5 stars. Call Menu Info. Mi Tocaya Antojería is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant serving traditional Mexican style antojos. 0 open jobs. About See All. Yapılacak harika şeyler bul They made some great recommendations. This place has good service, a nice decor, decent vibe and a great mezcal and tequila menu. Created March 31, 2020; Community & Neighbors; We are a small, family owned, Mexican restaurant. more. Aired: 11/01/19 A lovely neighborhood gem.More, There are many good things to say about this smallish neighborhood place with it's youthful hip vibe. Mi Tocaya Antojeria. Atmosphere rating: 2, A Delightful Concoction of Spices and Ingredients. Chicago, Il 60647 (872) 315-3947. Mi Tocaya’s streamlined to-go menu includes skirt-steak burritos with banana peppers and grilled onion, raw cactus salad with a lime vinaigrette, and chicken with Davila’s richly complex mole negro. There are so many places similar that open and you feel obliged to express delight or feel shamed by the general opinion that you really ought to love...what is dressed up average. Too bad that after pondering for a week I have no urge to return. Mi Tocaya Antojeria is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant from acclaimed Chef Diana Davila. Mi Tocaya Antojeria. Order online. Mi Tocaya Antojería - 2800 W. Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647 - Rated 4.7 based on 34 Reviews "Service is fantastic, as are all food choices. The food absolutely shines, with fresh and innovative ingredients and high-quality meats and tortillas. Not Now. Foursquare hilft dir dabei, die perfekten Orte für dich zu finden. For our shared plates we had the Chile Arellano cob Flor de Calabaza, Tuetano Con Sabores de Caldo and the Lamb Barbados. Un Poquito Mas. Chicago, IL 60647 (872) 315-3947. the music is too loud to hold a conversation indoors), but on a nice night, sitting outside is divine. Through food & drink, guests will be invited to share in Davila’s cherished memories of her summers and extensive travels throughout Mexico with her family. Antojos. Chicago yolculuk mu planlıyorsun? Mi Tocaya Antojería $$ An inviting, buzzy date spot that does serious, modern Mexican cuisine. what is dressed up average. 2800 W. Logan Blvd., Chicago, Illinois 60647 (872) 315-3947. www.mitocaya.com. Marriott Autograph Collection Hotels in Chicago, Hotels near Skydeck Chicago - Willis Tower, Hotels near Museum of Science and Industry, Late Night Italian Restaurants in Chicago, Sushi Restaurants with Private Dining in Chicago, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Chicago, Chinese Restaurants for Families in Near North Side, Special Occasion Dining Restaurants in South Loop. I've been wanting to try Mi Tocaya Antojeria for a while as it's rated as one of the best Mexican restaurants in Chicago. as starters. Logan Square. Mi Tocaya Antojería. Mi Tocaya Antojería. Order online . Sunday: 5pm-9pm. Get food delivered. September 2020. taste, however, I prefer more street food, homestyle Mexican cooking. The price point seemed a bit high for what we got with the shared plates also. Wine and drinks seemed overpriced.More, We loved the food at this restaurant. 2800 W Logan Blvd. 4 047 personnes étaient ici. Share. With its vivid dining room and ambitious take on Mexican cuisine, Mi Tocaya may be your new go-to for tacos al pastor---or something completely different, like the rich and earthy fideos secos soup. 4,039 were here. I was looking for a refreshing tequila cocktail and this drink had a strong, fermented, evervescent, citrus flavor. Michael Demetriou $50 11 d; Anonymous $100 20 d; Juliet Alejandre $50 26 d; Anonymous $100 1 mo; Anonymous $100 1 mo; See all See top donations. Entdecke tolle Unternehmungsmöglichkeiten 41.928913100000 -87.697736100000 . Mi Tocaya Antojería. Mexican Restaurant in Chicago, Illinois. Community See All. Mexican • 6103.4 mi • $$ $0.00. The place is cute, bustling with activity and quite loud. The mussels looked great, but there was not much to eat in the shells, meaning the meat of the mussels may have been as large as a kidney bean if you were lucky. The dishes are quite creative. So glad we pick this as our treat. We shared a few different appetizers and a main. More. 872-315-3947. The mussels looked great, but there was not much to eat in the shells, meaning the meat of the mussels may have been as large as a kidney bean if you were lucky. Learn about Mi Tocaya Antojería - LM Restaurant Group at 2800 W Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647, United States. See more of Mi Tocaya Antojería on Facebook. Portions are meant to be shared so...that all get a sampling.More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. was a sloppy venture). Order takeaway and delivery at Mi Tocaya Antojeria, Chicago with Tripadvisor: See 42 unbiased reviews of Mi Tocaya Antojeria, ranked #881 on Tripadvisor … It was all very delicious. Save. 2800 W Logan Blvd. Delivery. Closed Now. We enjoyed the Aguachile and Peanut Butter y Lengua...as starters. Mi Tocaya Antojeria. The … Mi Tocaya Antojeria is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant from acclaimed Chef Diana Davila. Through food & drink, guests will be invited to share in Davila’s cherished memories of her summers and extensive travels throughout Mexico with her family. Reservations are available for more than 5 people at this number: 872-315-3947. Service was good. Get … A lovely neighborhood gem. Premiered 11/1/2019 . ... with fresh and innovative ingredients and high-quality meats and, 2800 W Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647-1894. For our shared plates we had the Chile Arellano cob Flor de Calabaza, Tuetano Con Sabores de Caldo and the Lamb Barbados. 2800 W. Logan Blvd (1,587.04 mi) Chicago, IL 60647. Menu Antojitos. While the dishes as per rave reviews were both very tasty and well presented, and our table server very sweet and knowledgeable, this seems to be a place that thinks too much of itself--and it is too loud inside for conversation. Friday & Saturday: 5pm-10pm. 2800 W Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647-1894 +1 872-315-3947 Website + Add hours. MICHELIN 2020. Place is so loud . We had dinner here for the first time. Rather there is a large variety of ingredients that are cleverly blended to produce dishes that are nicely spiced, not ‘hot’, that are not the typical dishes served at other restaurants. Mi Tocaya, or “my namesake” in Spanish, is commonly used as a term of endearment when someone has the same name as oneself. Creativity is a substitute for value and satisfaction once again. Forgot account? 2800 W Logan Blvd, Chicago, IL 60647-1894 +1 872-315-3947 Website + Add hours. Order online. Logan Square “My Namesake” Another favorite in Logan Square (), Mi Tocaya Antojeria is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant inspired by Chef Diana Davila’s extensive travels throughout Mexico.The offerings of small, medium and large plates combine takes on the traditional Mexican favorites, less know regional specialties and dishes inspired by Davila’s Mexican heritage. We shared a few different appetizers and a main. Mi Tocaya, or “my namesake” in Spanish, is commonly used as a term of endearment when someone has the same name as oneself. Description: Mi Tocaya Antojeria is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant from acclaimed Chef Diana Davila. Claimed. Get food delivered. Through food & drink, guests will be invited to share in Davila’s cherished memories of her summers and extensive travels throughout Mexico with her family. MICHELIN 2020. Mi Tocaya, or “my namesake” in Spanish, is commonly used as a term of endearment when someone has the same name as oneself. closed. Suggest if you really want to try this place, enjoy the food outdoors on the patio and be prepared to be very patient. Website. Went as a group and sat outside. Chicago, IL 60647. I ordered the 1 lb Carne Asada Familiare and an order of Guacamole and Chips carryout on a Friday night. Written by . Enter your address for ETA. 4.4. busy to make--for that 30 minutes? Antojitos. The thoughtfully composed menu features a progression of small, medium and large plates composed of Davila’s takes on familiar Mexican favorites; less known regional specialties; and completely new dishes that are inspired by her Mexican heritage. Colorful, laid-back spot serving multiregional Mexican small plates, desserts & cocktails. Share. Too bad that after pondering for a week I have no urge to return. Mi Tocaya Antojería celebrates the storied and rich history of Mexico and its cuisine, crafting unique takes on Mexican mainstays with a focus on fresh, authentic places. Enter your address We'll confirm that you can have this restaurant delivered. 2,740 people like this. The place is cute, bustling with activity and quite loud. Can a vegan person get a good meal at this restaurant? All photos (60) All photos (60) Get food delivered. The price is fair for the meal you get, the music makes feel relaxed and chilling. Some dishes are too salty. Save. Diana Dávila is the Chef and Owner of Mi Tocaya Antojería in Chicago. Hours: Tuesday-Thursday: 5pm-10pm. www.mitocaya.com. Mexican small plates & cocktails. Ratings and reviews. Get quick answers from Mi Tocaya Antojeria staff and past visitors. Boasting a lively, charming ambience; friendly, knowledgeable service; and a delicious menu courtesy of Chef/owner Diana Dávila, Mi Tocaya is a welcome... Bib Gourmand: good quality, good value cooking, Mexican, Latin, Central American, South American, Vegetarian Friendly, Mexican, Latin, Central American, South American. Claimed. Again, unusual strong flavor, but I wouldn't want a second. From the start, the waitstaff was very attentive and knowledgeable. This place has good service, a nice decor, decent vibe and a great mezcal and tequila menu. Mi Tocaya Antojeria. I give them what I want to give them and what I want to share,” said Chef Diana Davila, who is the mind behind Mi Tocaya Antojeria, a renowned Chicago antojeria, Michelin Bib Gourmand selection, and 2018 semi-finalist for the James Beard Foundation’s award for Best New Restaurant. Nice casual vibe. Postre. Chicago is no stranger to new Mexican restaurants, and on Wednesday Diana Dávila will open Mi Tocaya Antojeria in Logan Square at 2800 W. Logan Blvd. Ratings and reviews. $7,522 raised of $25,000 goal. This restaurant has a gained a very high reputation, so we had to try. Pickup. We live in the … OR. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Here are the dishes we ordered: Aguachile, Milpa, Lechuga Asada, Chucho, and Empanada. 42 reviews #725 of 5,558 Restaurants in Chicago $$ - $$$ Mexican Latin South American. The food is the popular attempt to be creative instead of presenting solid tasty versions. Comes with chips Familiares. Although the place is bustling, the staff run the place with expertise and skill. Mi Tocaya Antojeria is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant from acclaimed Chef Diana Davila. Mi Tocaya Antojeria $ $ $ $ Mexican in Logan Square. Because these small plates have strong flavors it was quite an experience. ADDRESS 2800 W LOGAN BLVD. 2800 West Logan Blvd Chicago, IL 60647 Uber. Mexican. OR. delivery fee. Nice casual vibe. Donate now. The tuti fruity cocktail was good, the salsa was ok and the steak burrito was great! The food is the popular attempt to be creative instead of presenting solid tasty versions. Are the prices at this restaurant mid-range / moderate? Want to check out Mi Tocaya Antojería in Chicago? Mi Tocaya, or “my namesake” in Spanish, is commonly used as a term of endearment when someone has the same name as oneself. Reviews for Mi Tocaya Antojería. I was looking for a refreshing tequila cocktail and this drink had a strong, fermented, evervescent, citrus flavor. Wine and drinks seemed overpriced. Chips y Salsa $5.00 Sonoran Shrimp Ceviche $15.00 aguachile verde, red onion, cucumber, avocado, jicama, fresh herbs. Foursquare gidilecek en iyi mekanları bulmana yardımcı olabilir. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Because these small plates have strong flavors it was quite an experience. At the menu there are dishes such as Guacamole ($10), mushroom flautas ($17) and steak burrito ($14). Chef Diana Davila’s soulful Mexican spot features inventive, regional fare inspired by summers spent traversing her native Mexico. The price point seemed a bit high for what we got with the shared plates also. All Day. This was also true for the Cantarito tequila cocktail I ordered. Well-executed and well-prepared high-end Mexican cuisine. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. Suggest if you really want to try this place, enjoy the food outdoors on the patio and be prepared to be very patient. Some guests can say that the decor is simple but it’s not the main thing about Mi Tocaya. This is not your typical Mexican menu. Order online . Mi Tocaya Antojería is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant serving traditional Mexican style antojos. More. The place was packed and my order was ready at around 6pm. Diana Davila Boldin is organizing this fundraiser. Cuisine. Here are the dishes we ordered: Aguachile, Milpa, Lechuga Asada, Chucho, and Empanada. This place would make it in Mexico city--it is that good. Mi Tocaya Antojería is a Mexican restaurant, located near ‘N California Ave’, in Chicago Illinois. Overall, it was definitely worth it. Approved by Restaurant Guru o We ordered every single dish on the menu to share. Mi Tocaya, or “my namesake” in Spanish, is commonly used as a term of endearment when someone has the same name as oneself. Everything we had from the tacos (they were the best) to the plates were very, very good. You can escape the noise (yes,...the music is too loud to hold a conversation indoors), but on a nice night, sitting outside is divine.More, Why would one need a month for a reservation (and before 6pm as per availability) only to then wait 30 minutes for a table that was already open and be told to stand at the bar for a drink that the sole bartender was too...busy to make--for that 30 minutes? Can not carry a normal conversation because of very loud music! Mi Tocaya Antojeria is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant from acclaimed Chef Diana Davila. Mi Tocaya Antojería celebrates the storied and rich history of Mexico and its cuisine, crafting unique takes on Mexican mainstays with a focus on fresh, authentic places. Through food & drink, guests will be invited to share in Davila’s cherished memories of her summers and extensive travels throughout Mexico with her family. Here's the punch line: The small plates are made with "unusual" ingredients and have strong flavors. 4.5 42 reviews #38 of 457 … Quetzalli Castro CPS Teacher, Chicago . Carne Asada A classic Mexican grill out that we always crave. When the first You will forget about everything in the world when the first piece of the pork gets into your mouth. Mi Tocaya Antojeria is a neighborhood Mexican restaurant from acclaimed Chef Diana Davila. Planst du einen Trip nach Chicago? Mi Tocaya Antojería 2800 West Logan Boulevard, , IL 60647 (872) 315-3947. Manos Only. The service was pretty good. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Adrian Kane. CHICAGO, IL 60647 872-315-3947 HOURS Wednesday-Saturday: 4-9PM Media Inquiries Lauren Hammond lauren@lmrestaurant.com 2,899 people follow this. Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page. LOGAN SQUARE — The chef and owner behind acclaimed Mexican restaurant Mi Tocaya Antojería is feeding Logan Square families in need and keeping some of her employees paid thanks to a national restaurant relief initiative. For my...taste, however, I prefer more street food, homestyle Mexican cooking. Creativity is a substitute for value and satisfaction once again. Atmosphere rating: 2More. MORE PHOTOS. While the dishes as per rave reviews were both very tasty and well presented, and our table server very sweet and knowledgeable, this seems to be a place that thinks too much of itself--and it is too loud inside for conversation. I was disappointed hoping this would fill yearnings for some great meals I've had south of the border. 42 reviews #723 of 5,562 Restaurants in Chicago $$ - $$$ Mexican Latin South American. Create New Account. Log In. Sandy Noto 2800 W Logan Blvd. All photos (60) All photos (60) Get food delivered. or. 4,047 check-ins. The hostess was not polished and the music inside was way too loud, so we moved outside. Again, unusual strong flavor, but I wouldn't want a second. The service was pretty good.More, We decided to try Mi Tocaya for our splurge Christmas dinner for ourselves. I was disappointed hoping this would fill yearnings for some great meals I've had south of the border. Logan Square. Mi Tocaya Antojeria. Popular Items. This was also true for the Cantarito tequila cocktail I ordered. Share. Mi Tocaya Antojería Description. Get hours, ordering tips from pros, see what's on the menu, and go behind-the-scenes with its crew. So, we give this place 5 stars and hope to be the returning visitors there. 12.8k Followers, 675 Following, 1,262 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Mi Tocaya Antojería (@mitocaya) Mi Tocaya Antojería. Food is average and very pricy for the small portions they offer. Local restaurants delivered in 45 minutes. 4.5 42 reviews #38 of 457 … Phil Watson September 27, 2018 Overall, it was definitely worth it.More, We stopped by for a quick lunch on Sunday. Since opening in March of 2017, the restaurant has received numerous accolades including being named one of Bon Appetit Magazine’s Best New Restaurants 2017 (Top 50) and was a James …