on January 30, 2012. It's time for a set like none other—and a new way of playing one of the most popular formats in Magic. (UPDATE) Isochron Scepter Control. Rulings. Enjoy! With a wide array of control elements and several utility spells to put on a Scepter, Dracc0n sliced through the competition and took down the tournament. Isochron Scepter. Legalities. Artifact. Thanks! This annoying message will go away once you do. Surrakar Spellblade Combo list: Mana Leak + Tectonic Edge; Isochron Scepter + Research/Development; Overall Explanation: The deck is meant to be a hybrid between control and burn, it highly focus on Isochron Scepter and because of that all instant spells can be imprinted on it. Modern Isochron Scepter, or Scepter control, is a Modern aggro-control deck that features a number of cheap instants and sorceries alongside powerful creatures such as Snapcaster Mage, Delver of Secrets and Vendilion Clique. On the other hand, if the imprinted card leaves the exile zone while the activated ability is on the stack, the copy can’t be made. Choose Printing (7 Total) Sign up to add this card to your Inventory, Wishlist or Tradelist, and to start creating decks with it. {2}, {T}: You may copy the exiled card. For my last match of the day, I've another Merfolk match for you. MTG Salvation . Legal formats for Isochron Scepter: Freeform MTG Articles Contact Us. The scepter is the biggest noob trap of magic IMO. You can now import it in the MTG Arena client. Set: Eternal Masters Type: Artifact Rare Cost: {2} Imprint — When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand. {2}, {T}: You may copy the exiled card. A deck playing Isochron Scepter needs to slow things down enough against the aggressive linear decks in the format, and something like Porphyry Nodes might be efficient at that. Feeds | Could this be a new force in Modern? I started out running three copies of Pyromancer Ascension in the deck, with could do some crazy things, especially with a the same card in the yard and on a Scepter. Isochron Scepter isn't great on it's own as it opens you up to a 2-for-1, but if we can power it out fast enough then it will start to spread the opponents removal thin. Isochron Scepter rulings: 2016-06-08: If Isochron Scepter leaves the battlefield while the activated ability is on the stack, the ability can still make a copy. After seeing the card Isochron Scepter, I knew I wanted to make a deck using, and abusing it. We also have an excellent trading opportunities finder tool that gets you trading in seconds! Longtime Magic Online player Dracc0n put his own spin on Modern control in a recent Premier Event with an Isochron Scepter control deck! Snap comes in if I'm opposed … I very much enjoy getting to hang out with him, and that includes at my LGS. Of course … Friday Night Magic 2008 — Rare. Here are cards like Isochron Scepter in Standard format: View More / Advanced Search Options. Core Set 2020 Singles Sealed Product. Edition: Duel Decks: Izzet Vs. Golgari: Type: Artifact: Cast: Rarity: U: Imprint - When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand., : You may copy the exiled card.If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Home; Decks; Modern; Isochron Scepter; Isochron Scepter. Sets / Printings. Archive Card Text. By Eddy Khil Created Nov 5, 2018 Updated Nov 5, 2018. Commander 2019 Singles Sealed Product. Buy Now! Longtime Magic Online player Dracc0n put his own spin on Modern control in a recent Premier Event with an Isochron Scepter control deck! Sets / Printings. Share. Step 1: Unload quick, cheap damage. Magic the Gathering Editions; Magic the Gathering Statistics; Magic the Gathering Decks; Warhammer Invasion ; World of Warcraft . Updated Jan 23, 2017 by Baxtarius using our MTG Deck Builder. Commander Legends releases on November 20, 2020. Rulings. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Could this be a new force in Modern? {2}, {T}: You may copy the exiled card. Isochron Scepter. Silence and boomerang were the scepter targets, combined with 4 copies of chronamantic escape, render silent, riot control, supreme verdict, rev, snapcasters, tezz as a wincon, elixer as backup. Updated Apr 03, 2015 by ClassicHero using our MTG Deck Builder. With a wide array of control elements and several utility spells to put on a Scepter, Dracc0n sliced through the competition and took down the tournament. Legalities. Dramatic Reversal untaps all non-land permanents you control. This site is unaffiliated. Vapor Snag is a great card to imprint as well, especially in my creature heavy meta. When Idol of Endurance enters the battlefield, exile all creature cards with converted mana cost 3 or less from your graveyard until Idol of Endurance leaves the battlefield. (The removed card is imprinted on this artifact.) Legal formats for Isochron Scepter: Freeform. This is the typical endgame of my brother's passion project: Isochron Scepter Combo. "But if I get a bolt/path/counterspell/demonic tutor/IoK, its so good!". 2019 Holiday Exchange! If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. My friend is awesome. Mana Leak and Deprive are both in here because I love me some anti magic (I'm curious as to whether remand would be a choice than either of these). A New and Exciting Beginning . Artifact. Latest Sets. Posted in Feature Recently viewed cards: Random card. on January 30, 2012, Bio Blue white control deck with Isochron Scepter Other people can view your private deck by using this url, Seems there are no cards in the Acquireboard. Isochron Scepter Control constructed deck list and prices for the Magic the Gathering TCG. Signature Spellbook: Gideon Singles Sealed Product. TappedOut.js Blog Widget. Check out the deck for yourself! I'd love any tips, tricks, suggestions or any other thoughts on the deck! 8/7/2020: You cast the … Cards such as Anticipate and Manamorphose provide card draw, and paired with Isochron Scepter, can give you a good amount of card advantage throughout the game. - Friday Night Magic 2008 - … It was a horrifying deck to play against if you had no instant speed artifact removal. Step 2: Reload using Day's Undoing. Price: Paper • MTGO. Advanced card search Random card. (Also, any sideboard ideas would be greatly appreciated.). On the other hand, if the imprinted card leaves the exile zone while the activated ability is on the stack, the copy can’t be made. Boomerang being first choice. Lightning Bolt is in here of course, and can be a great card to imprint on a Scepter. For those who don't know, Isochron Scepter Imprints an instant with CMC two or less when it enters the battlefield. This will require TappedOut.js included in your blog. If Isochron Scepter leaves the battlefield while the activated ability is on the stack, the ability can still make a copy. The End of an Era. Twitter. in a deck. My win-con number 1 is Mechanized Production. If cards with five or more different converted mana costs are exiled with Azor's Gateway, you gain 5 life, untap Azor's Gateway, and transform it. 1.5 /10--Idol of Endurance. When Gavin Verhey was eleven, he dreamt of a job making Magic cards—and now as a Magic designer, he's living his dream! Isochron Scepter type modern deck. Imprint - When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand., : You may copy the exiled card. Discord Server | 8/7/2020: You cast the … You can then pay two mana and tap Isochron Scepter to cast a free copy of the spell. This little guy can some great card advantage, and should be really easy to put counters on considering the amount of instants in the deck. the rings of brightearth have a nice synergie with the Vedalken Shackles and the aphetto alchemists i'm running. Shop with confidence. This site © 2020 TappedOut.net, LLC Isochron Scepter. Magic: The Gathering - carta - Imprint — When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand. View All Sets → Card … However after play testing I wasn't sure how much I liked it in the deck. Updated Feb 23, 2013 by R_a_f_a_e_l_o using our MTG Deck Builder. Isochron Scepter Magic: The Gathering Individual Trading Card Games, Abrupt Decay Modern Masters Rare Individual Magic: The Gathering Cards, Mythic Rare Individual Magic: The Gathering Cards, Magic: The Gathering Iconic Masters Rare Lord of the Rings Collectable Card Games, Find great deals on eBay for isochron scepter mtg and mtg isochron scepter foil. The Card Image Gallery is updated every day with the latest card previews. Modern Horizons Singles Sealed Product. Similarly to my previous deck, this brew has a prison lock that forces the opponent to discard on their draw step. 2016-06-08: If the imprinted card leaves the exile zone while the activated ability is on the stack, the copy can’t be made. Artifact. After seeing the card [[Isochron Scepter]], I knew I wanted to make a deck using, and abusing it. Gavin has been writing about Magic since 2005. a:32:{i:0;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"1";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:9:"Arid Mesa";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:1;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"2";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:19:"Celestial Colonnade";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:2;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"1";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:17:"Hallowed Fountain";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:3;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:6:"Island";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:4;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"2";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:16:"Misty Rainforest";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:5;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"1";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:8:"Mountain";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:6;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"1";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:14:"Sacred Foundry";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:7;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:13:"Scalding Tarn";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:8;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"2";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:11:"Steam Vents";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:9;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"3";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:12:"Sulfur Falls";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:10;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:4:"land";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"2";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:13:"Tectonic Edge";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:11;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"creature";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:17:"Delver of Secrets";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:12;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"creature";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"3";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:15:"Snapcaster Mage";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:13;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"creature";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"2";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:16:"Vendilion Clique";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:14;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"artifact";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:16:"Isochron Scepter";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:15;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:14:"Lightning Bolt";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:16;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:15:"Lightning Helix";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:17;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"3";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:9:"Magma Jet";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:18;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:13:"Path to Exile";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:19;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"1";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:23:"Research // Development";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:20;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"sorcery";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"4";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:13:"Serum Visions";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:21;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"2";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:12:"Spell Pierce";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:22;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";s:1:"2";s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:11:"Spell Snare";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:23;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:7:"Combust";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:24;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:6:"Dispel";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:25;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"creature";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:26:"Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:26;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"instant";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:13:"Gifts Ungiven";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:27;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"creature";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:15:"Grim Lavamancer";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:28;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"sorcery";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:9:"Pyroclasm";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:29;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"artifact";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:19:"Relic of Progenitus";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:30;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:8:"creature";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:24:"Sphinx of the Steel Wind";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}i:31;O:8:"stdClass":3:{s:4:"type";s:7:"sorcery";s:10:"deck_count";i:0;s:9:"card_meta";O:8:"stdClass":2:{s:5:"title";s:14:"Unburial Rites";s:22:"field_card_image_front";a:0:{}}}}. You can like the card of course, and still give it a try. Of course that meant throwing a metric crap ton of instants in the deck. Magic the Gathering, FNM is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved. Commander Legends Release Notes Avg Price $385.48. Legendary Artifact , : Draw a card, then exile a card from your hand. Step 3: ????? Articles and comments are user-submitted and do not represent official endorsements of this site. Imprint — When Isochron Scepter comes into play, you may remove an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less in your hand from the game. Complete Comment Tutorial! Artifact. Help | SHOP. Due to the large amount of instants in the deck, Thing in the Ice Contact | Step 4: PROFIT!! If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. If Isochron Scepter leaves the battlefield while the activated ability is on the stack, the ability can still make a copy. Ultimately, you're playing a control shell, and you need to leverage Boros Charm while still trying to be "big" enough to beat tron. , : You may copy the exiled card. If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. EDH Recommendations and strategy content for Magic: the Gathering Commander Compiled by Eli Shiffrin and Matt Tabak, with contributions from Laurie Cheers, Tom Fowler, Carsten Haese, Nathan Long, and Thijs van Ommen There also is the problem of the inherent lack of synergy between the creatures that Grand Architect wants and non-creature spells that Isochron Scepter wants. So I decided to take it out of the deck, partly because I've been wanting to put My friend made a modern fun police deck with isochron sceptre. The main operation of the deck is imprinting a cheap instant to either have repeatable removal or permission. 2016-06-08: You cast the copy while the ability is resolving and still on the stack. Overview; Hand Draw Simulator; Card Prices; Revision History; Deck Export; Avatar Card Cost. Attention! If you do, you may cast the copy without paying its mana cost. Idol of Endurance. For almost a decade or more maybe, ive watched people try to make it work. Set: Double Masters Type: Artifact Rare Cost: {2} Imprint — When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand. Terms of Use | Its a noob trap, card disadvantage. Privacy statement | Card Text. in mainboard i'm playing boomerang, memory lapse and silence on the scepter. Throne of Eldraine Singles Sealed Product. 2, T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost. Theros: Beyond Death Singles Sealed Product. Modern Other Control +1. DMCA requests | Azor's Gateway. Posted in Feature Isochron Scepter legal formats: Commander: Legal Duel: Legal Legacy: Legal Modern: Legal Vintage: Legal. Imprint — When Isochron Scepter enters the battlefield, you may exile an instant card with converted mana cost 2 or less from your hand. Document last... © 1993-2020 Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved. snap is sideboard to be honest. Friday Night Magic 2008 — Rare. Updated the list, still looking for ways to improve it, hopefully until it becomes at least FNM worthy, or maybe even borderline competitive, though that is a … hi, i'm playing isochron scepter in a 60 card Legacy stasis deck. Copied to clipboard.   and Dynavolt Tower fit in here perfectly as my win cons.