So, for things not on the roadmap, I prefer wide-to-mild-telephoto wide aperture primes (f/1.2 lenses from 35mm to 85mm – the 28mm f/1.4E and 105mm f/1.4E are both recent and excellent and shouldn’t be a priority to replace – I’m certainly not ready to replace mine as I’ve had them less than a year) to a replacement for the 70-300 AF-P. That said, I want to make clear that I agree with Nikon’s priorities in terms of what’s already on the roadmap. Extend cover to 3 years with Jessops Care Plan; Add to Basket. 58mm f/0.95 S 6. The Z mount itself makes much of this possible with a 17% larger inner diameter than the F mount, enabling the use of more advanced optics and lens designs, including ultra-fast f/0.95 options. Faster. Both the recent TC-1.4X and TC-2.0X can be used on the lens (I'll have more to say about those in another, later, review, but for now just let me say that the TC-20X provides a very close focusing, seriously good 140-400mm f/5.6 lens that doesn't exist in the Z lineup at the moment). The ultra-wide Nikon Z mount enables your NIKKOR Z lens to capture more light across the entire frame. As for the people waiting around: few really tried a Z for themselves, most of them are filling the forums with things they heard or saw on YouTube. “What Nikon really needs to push to its Z lens roadmap, is a sharp and lightweight 70-200mm f/4 S. Nikon, please, make this a surprise announcement – it should be on the priority list way before any of the specialized or exotic primes.”. It’s a clear sign that Nikon is devoted to their mirrorless system, which debuted just over two years ago with the Nikon Z7 but has remained limited in both camera and lens selection. So a lot of people are not waiting around because they are addicted to antique DSLR’s, it’s because there is not a more capable mirror-less camera / eco-system available for their use. Combined with the short distance between mount and sensor, light fall off at the edges of the frame is significantly reduced. It would be nice if the lenses would have a common filter thread size. f/ 1.8. The glass is glass and the mount is aluminum, but everything else except for a few small internal bits are plastic. The Nikon Z6 features the Z lens mount, which support Nikon’s line of Z-mount lenses. Nikon’s advanced optical formula ensures sharp, high-resolution images with only one or two stops … With the Z-series cameras, Nikon announced three new Z mount lenses: Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S, Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S and Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8S, as well as the development of the fourth lens, the Nikon Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct. Not by those who bought one! Kind of. Given the long delays in Z lenses coming to market Nikon should release a revamped FTZ adapter that can AF its older screw-drive lenses. The pancake 28mm and 40mm are essential. Sigma has now done some more testing and updated the compatibility lists for both cameras using the Nikon Z to F & Canon RF to EF lens mount adapters. These are probably going to be exotic Nikon Z 400mm f/2.8 S and Z 600mm f/4 S lenses that are specifically designed for sports and wildlife photographers. It also works with other brands of lenses in Canon EF mount, adapting them to Nikon Z. Kind of this sentences usually only come from museum people who rather drank a gallon of old fixer than touch a modern system to find out for themselves what it s capable of to do. Id also like to see the D500 upgraded. I have the Z50 and the two kit lens. VIEW TC-1.4x It will give 100% more reach to your shots. Nikon Z Mount; In-lens Vibration Reduction; Compact size; Weighs only 405g; £379.00. Simply by rotating a focus ring, M/A (Manual-priority Auto) mode allows you to switch from autofocus to manual with virtually no time lag. Compact, brilliant Nikkor Z lenses are perfectly matched to Z series mirrorless camera bodies and designed around the revolutionary new Z Mount for the ultimate in optical image quality. Designed around the ultra-wide Z mount, Nikon Z cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses give you the freedom to create incredible photos and mesmerizing movies. The 28mm will be critical to my decision to switch up eventually to the z-mount system from my f-mount. This is especially true for owners of F or EF mount Sigma Art, Contemporary and Sport Series lenses. The Nikon 24-200mm f/4-6.3 lens (left) isn’t much bigger than the 24-70mm f/4, but packs an 8.3x zoom range that is perfect for general-purpose and travel photography. Read more about Nasim here. Joachim, do you think Z cameras are flying off the shelves? Nasim Mansurov is the author and founder of Photography Life, based out of Denver, Colorado. What Nikon really needs to push to its Z lens roadmap, is a sharp and lightweight 70-200mm f/4 S. Nikon, please, make this a surprise announcement – it should be on the priority list way before any of the specialized or exotic primes. Designed with a sense of consistency that combines reliability and beauty with next-dimension optical performance for freedom in image creation. stars), it is of little use to astrophotographers. The Nikon Z 24-200mm f4.0-6.3 VR is the first super-zoom designed for Nikon’s mirrorless cameras with Z-mount and corrected for full-frame sensors. 11 elements in 9 groups (including 2 ED elements, 3 aspherical elements, and elements with Nano Crystal Coat) Angle of view. More light, exceptional resolution and clarity throughout the entire frame. Also, it is obviously better for video, if that is a big part of the equation. Sharper. Some NIKKOR Z lenses incorporate an all-new multi-focusing system, consisting of two AF drive units precisely synchronised to deliver fast, accurate autofocusing, minimize focus breathing in video applications, and enable high-resolution images with minimal aberration to be captured even in close-up shots. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Tweet. Nikon has few telephoto options for the Z mount that don’t require an adapter, but the Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S may be the only telephoto lens you need. Nikon’s lens filters will help you create at the next level. These are the best f1.8 lenses we’re seeing made by anyone so far. The Nikon Z series is in its infancy, yet the mirrorless line already has nearly a dozen native lenses. If Nikon R&D has time to design and build a Dodo bird like the 58mm/.95, they have time to design an adapter with screwdrive motor. Nikon once again updated its Z lens roadmap, and we now know of a total of ten Z mount lenses that will be released in the coming years. With this policy, Sony and maybe Canon will be in the lead for years…. When shooting in AF mode, you can assign exposure-compensation settings to the control ring. Uhh, sorry, they are less capable for my needs (action) than my current DSLR’s. With the Z-series cameras, Nikon announced three new Z mount lenses: Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S, Nikon Z 35mm f/1.8 S and Nikon Z 50mm f/1.8S, as well as the development of the fourth lens, the Nikon Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct. This is Nikon's first lens with an aluminium mount. I would have preferred a 150mm+ macro lens rather than a 50mm and a 105mm, but I’m not complaining. The Samyang MF 14mm f2.8 - Nikon Z Fit is one of Samyang’s first lenses for the Nikon Z mount. Minimum aperture. Adapts Canon EF lenses with often better results on my Nikon Z cameras than Nikon's own lenses give on Nikon's crappy FTZ adapter! The Nikon Z6 features the Z lens mount, which support Nikon’s line of Z-mount lenses. 24-70mm f/2.8 S (our review) 2. The ultra-wide Nikon Z mount enables compact lenses that can take in more light across the entire frame. With key buttons and controls right where you need them, every response quickly becomes second nature. Faster apertures. The new mount is the largest full-frame mount on the market, 25% wider than their own F mount for DSLR’s. Lens construction. Nikon Z50 has a Nikon Z lens mount and currently there are 18 native lenses available for this mount. It didn’t get scrapped. Meet the new generation of NIKKOR lenses, NIKKOR Z. The Noct – you have no idea how much I agree with you about that waste of resources! This is just the beginning. The nine rounded aperture blades of S-Line lenses give defocused points of light a soft, round consistent shape. Encoders. Perfectly matched to Z series mirrorless camera bodies. The adapter only works properly (autofocuses) with Nikon's newest lenses, which are those with built-in AF motors (AF-I, AF-S and AF-P). Semiconductor Lithography Systems. The AF on the Z series, even with the latest firmware, can’t track like a D500 / D5, especially with a fast moving dog coming right at you. This page will grow as more Z lenses become available from both Nikon and third-parties like Rokinon, Sigma and Tamron. Nikon’s current lens roadmap for the Z system doesn’t cite any telephoto lenses over 100mm as being on the horizon, nor any macro types, so this AF … Meike 35mm F/1.4 Lens for Nikon Z Mount , Large Aperture &Manual Focus Works with Nikon Nikon Z Series Full Frame Cameras Z6 Z7 APS-C Visual angle:diagonal 43° horizontal 37° vertic I really hope Nikon can push the optical design of these lenses even further compared to their F-mount counterparts, so that we end up with much lighter and sharper lenses that would couple well with both 1.4x and 2x teleconverters, especially when it comes to autofocus. Released: Meyer Optik Görlitz Primoplan 75mm f/1.9 II lens for Nikon F-mount; A few more Cyber Monday deals; Cyber Monday deals; Shipping on December 11: Nikon Z7 II, Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.2 S, HB-94, WR-R11a, WR-R11b, and T10; New Viltrox 85mm f/1.8 Z mirrorless lens for Z-mount coming in December; Weekly Nikon news flash #601 The current 80-400 isn’t that much larger than the 70-300 VR (not sure vs AF-P) but if they can make it a bit smaller, it might work as a stopgap until they produce these smaller zooms. I’m confident many wildlife photographers are quietly hoping the 2 telephotos are Phase-Fresnel. I am thinking that the 100-400mm lens will be relatively small. Looking at the Fuji GFX 100, the 10 k$ oversize FF beast, it’s also “RGB-beams”. Want to extend your reach without carrying a second lens? Besides S-Line lenses, Nikon also offers a more affordable gateway into the ever-growing NIKKOR Z line-up while still retaining all the advantages of the monumental Z mount and adhering to NIKKOR's exceptionally high image quality standards. But seriously, there is something Z cameras (and mirrorless in particular) are worse in.