. Ree Drummond is reclaiming kitchen scraps and transforming them into star dishes. Ree Drummond did it. The recipe calls carrots, celery, onion, bacon, ham, cheese and potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil. Here's the Pioneer Woman's mashed potato recipe. | Terms of Use, MasterCook™ is a registered trademark of ValuSoft Finance. Mash in a small bowl and let cool. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Slice potatoes very thinly. Peels from 6 large russet potatoes (stored in a bowl of water to avoid discoloration) 2 tablespoons butter, melted; 2 tablespoons oil; 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt; 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper; Pinch paprika; Pinch dried oregano; 2 tablespoons chopped chives; Sprinkle of sea salt Few things could make Monday better than the recipe for Pioneer Woman’s Potatoes au Gratin. Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. However, I don't want peels in my mashed potatoes so I make baked potato peels! The sharp blade and non slip handle neatly trims away the peel and allows me to slice potatoes and carrots with ease. Toss to coat peelings evenly. 3/4 cups Heavy Cream. Isn’t the skin my favorite part of a baked potato? Place peelings in a bowl or directly on a rimmed baking sheet. | Testimonials So I saved the peelings from their fate, rinsed them off and placed them on paper towels. Peel a variety of fruits and veggies with ease with The Pioneer Woman Frontier Collection 2-Piece Peeler Set. Please enable Cookies, MASTERCOOK 2020 PRO HEALTHCARE/FOODSERVICE, Peels from 6 large russet potatoes (stored in a bowl of water to avoid discoloration). Dry the peels thoroughly, then discard the paper towels. With a paper towel (or just with your hands) rub the skin of the potatoes with 2 tablespoons canola oil so that they're nice and moist. Isn’t it true that there are a lot of vitamins and minerals in the skin of the potato? Stir or flip peelings. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. With The Pioneer Woman’s Roasted Potato Peels, turn russet potato peels into a roasted side dish, salad topper or snack. Instructions. Add to a large pot and add enough water to cover all of the potatoes. Jan 22, 2019 - KT shows you how to make the best potato skins!!! Peel potatoes, reserving potato for another use/recipe. Cook until the potatoes are soft, about 20-30 minutes. That’s MY line and that’s MY idea!”. At the time I was working on a post for a cheese soup recipe. Please enable JavaScript, Cookies are required. In a separate bowl, whisk together cream, milk, flour, minced garlic, salt, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. 1 whole Medium Onion, Finely Diced. potatoes Peel and quarter the potatoes ace prepared quartered potatoes on a microwave-safe plate and zap for 3 1/2-4 1/2 minutes covered with a microwave lid. Peels, stems and bones destined for the trash are instead turned into crispy Roasted Potato Peels, Stir Fried Broccoli Stems and an awesome all-purpose Overnight Chicken Broth. A comfortable place. Peel the potatoes, rinse them and cut them into 1- to 2-inch pieces. Roasted in a hot oven (200C/180 fan/gas 6) for 25-30 mins and these scraps will become your snacking saviour. Serve warm or fully cooled. I wanted to yell at the t.v., “Hey! Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes. Click "Show Link" to generate a url you can copy and paste to your favorite social media site, personal website, blog, etc to share. For more follow the hashtag #RachaelRayShow A cost-saving and green-friendly kitchen hack! On her show. Scrub potatoes clean and allow them to dry. Peels, stems and bones destined for the trash are instead turned into crispy Roasted Potato Peels, Stir Fried Broccoli Stems and an awesome all-purpose Overnight Chicken Broth. Sprinkle with course ground salt and pepper. Melt the butter in a pan over medium-low heat. As if I coined the phrase and was the first person to ever do this to potatoes. Trust us, there's no such thing as making too much mashed potatoes. There’s one other thing I can say about these “Waste Not, Want Not” marvels: my husband loves them and thinks I’m pretty creative. Read up on how to deep-fry safely. Good company. Slice potatoes, then cut slices into fourths. Pioneer Woman’s Potatoes au Gratin. Get the latest posts delivered to your mailbox: Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Once it was garbage - now it's a delicious treat around our house. Not only are they delicious, they are easy, too. When melted, add diced onion. 5 pounds russet or Yukon Gold potatoes. This mashed potato recipe makes 10 servings, which is perfect for holiday meals. I no longer need to worry about using a knife that can result in accidents or loss of part of the item. Add your own recipes and organize into searchable cookbooks, Access your recipes from anywhere on your smart devices, Create menus, meal plans, & shopping lists, Share recipes & cookbooks with friends, family, or coworkers. 1 cup half-and-half. I can say that these are delicious and if you are throwing away potato peelings, you are missing out on a tasty treat and a unique soup topper! As I saw the peelings hit the sink, destined for the garbage disposal, I felt guilty. best breakfast potatoes ever the pioneer woman. Auto-Import recipes from the all over the web & keep them in one place! Simple food. ‘Scraps’ or snacks? See more ideas about Recipes, Food network recipes, Pioneer woman recipes. Good company. You don’t even have to peel the potatoes! And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. A comfortable place. Our tester, Sheri Castle, only gave this turkey a … Swipe for more delicious, Fried Apples aren’t fried at all ... sautéed an, Are you entertaining a smaller group for Thanksgiv, How do I love my Instant Pot? You decide! Bake for 10 minutes. My mom has years of experience as an oncology social worker, and is a big believer in mind-body medicine. Save about 3/4 cup potato water, and then drain the potatoes. Drain on paper towels. These sound so yummy – thanks for the recipe! Product Title Hot 3 in 1 Rotary Fruit Vegetable Carrot Potato Peel ... Average rating: 3.1 out of 5 stars, based on 49 reviews 49 ratings Current Price $6.49 $ 6 . Pour over the butter, oil, kosher salt, pepper, paprika and oregano and toss. Directions. Peel by squeezing the skin off. ½ tsp kosher salt. The set includes a swivel peeler and a julienne peeler. All Rights Reserved, Javascript is required. I will also be watching for the cheese soup recipe – we love soup!! Or upcycle pie scraps into crunchy Cheese and Chipotle Scrap Crackers. Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces that are generally the same size. I use about 1 tablespoon salt. Let me count the sli, Farm to Table: Six Secrets To Satisfying Soup. Date Added: 1/20/2018    Source: www.foodnetwork.com. Then drizzle the peelings with a little oil and toss in your favourite herbs and spices, or sprinkle with sea salt and malt vinegar. One double crust apple pie and on, The chocolate-chip-calm before the Christmas-cooki, Foodventure Friday!! | Privacy Policy Add to a pot of boiling water. Twice-baked potatoes and loaded potato skins kept coming to mind and I realized that this soup could really benefit from those peelings. Sep 2, 2020 - Explore Lori Milliner's board "Pioneer Woman Recipes", followed by 876 people on Pinterest. Smear softened butter all over the bottom of a baking dish. Last week, while working on some soup recipes and brainstorming “Waste Not, Want Not” topics, I was peeling potatoes. Simply wash and scrub the potatoes before you peel them. 1 stick Butter. Preparations: Creamy Herbed Potatoes. Drain the peels and tip onto the paper towel-lined baking sheet. Cook 20 minutes until very soft. Place the cut potatoes in a medium saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil. Oven roasted with herbs and cheese. Peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. They are made from stainless steel and riveted handles for long-lasting use. The beauty in buying organic potatoes is the ability to use the entire potato without wasting even the smallest amount of skin. But if you're worried about having too much for weeknight dinner, there are so many ways to use leftover mashed potatoes. ©2020 MasterCook. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get Stir-Fried Broccoli Stems Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. She (The Pioneer Woman) was doing a whole show on “Waste Not, Want Not” on Food Network. 4 To 5 Whole Russet Potatoes. Bring to a boil and boil for 5–10 minutes, until potatoes easily break apart with a fork or a butter knife. Heavily salt the water. 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened. Bake until peels are golden and very crisp, about 20 minutes. This morning. Bake for 5 minutes longer or until they reach desired crispiness. Overnight Cooking. They are very literally perfect; cheesy, starchy, potato-laden heaven. 2. The Pioneer Woman Peeler set is a stylish and sturdy way to peel my potatoes and carrots. About Us Even if they don’t have much (or any) potato flesh left on them, the skins alone are full of potato goodness, and, once roasted, taste something like a potato chip or a French fry, but with even more flavor. Remove from oven. Ree Drummond is reclaiming kitchen scraps and transforming them into star dishes. ½ cup potato water 4 Tbsp butter, at room temperature or warmed. It is incredibly easy to make baked potato peels and is a great way to use the peels instead of tossing them. Easy Skillet Breakfast Potatoes Recipe Little Spice Jar. It only stands to reason that potato skins — long a staple of bars and tailgate parties — are delicious in just about any form. 99 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Crisp them up, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle them on top of the soup as a garnish or serve as a dipping side! Bring to a boil and cook for 30 to 35 minutes. 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Parsley.Peel potatoes and cut larger potatoes in half. Bring a large pot of water to a simmer and add the potatoes. Food Lover & Story Teller ✍️ Twice-baked potatoes and loaded potato skins kept coming to mind and I realized that this soup could really benefit from those peelings. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), What do you see? When they’re cooked through, the fork should easily slide into the potatoes with no resistance, and the potatoes should almost, but not totally, fall apart. By The Pioneer Woman on February 4, 2011 Before we all load up on Super Bowl food, let’s take a break and have…a smoothie. 49 List List Price $26.99 $ 26 . ½ - 1 tsp seasoned salt. Simple food. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Place pot on your stove and turn heat to high. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake until skin is crisp and potatoes are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Scrub potatoes well, and cut in half. 1 cup Whole Milk (Half-and-Half Works, Too) 1 teaspoon Finely Chopped Rosemary. At the time I was working on a post for a cheese soup recipe. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Add butter to a large skillet over medium low heat. The recipe calls carrots, celery, onion, bacon, ham, cheese and potatoes. Place peels on a lightly oiled baking sheet; brush the peels with the butter. Of course, the Pioneer Woman’s roasted turkey makes the list of her most popular Thanksgiving recipes. 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper. 1. 8 ounces, weight Cream Cheese. | Support Do not salt the water. Most of the time I simply scrub the potato well and use it as is. Why am I not using these? Then she raids the fridge for leftovers to use in a frugal Crisper Crash Frittata and gives past-its-prime fruit a second chance with Leftover Fruit Bread.