It is very labor intensive but the project was not exacerbated by the tool not working properly, being hard to manage nor were we generally being frustrated by the work not going smoothly. $59.40. But really, they work with the CAMO hidden deck fasteners in a way that causes this to be a review about the fasteners as well. However, the spacer size is smaller when using the Pro X1. Marksman and Marksman Pro tools; Driver Bits; CAMO Edge Deck fasteners were independently tested and exceeded Uplift Resistance and Thermal Cycling industry standards in all solid and grooved wood, composite, and PVC boards tested. Be the first to know about new products, monthly offers and more. The CAMO Hidden Deck Fastening System is the first hidden fastening system that easily and affordably attaches treated timber, hardwood, cedar, composite or PVC deckboards directly to the substructure creating a beautiful, fastener-free deck surface. The zometech boards do not have a radius on them, and I found that the tool would not sit flat on the boards. CAMO Marksman Pro\\\\nCAMO Marksman tools position CAMO deck screws for side-angle entry into the deck board to create a fastener-free deck surface. In this situation, use less drive pressure and allow the CAMO fastener to auger decking material slowly. If your question is not answered here, you may also contact us with any questions you may have. This page works best with JavaScript. I'm just handy enough to be dangerous, but my carpentry skills are more measure once cut twice. Fastener-free surface: installs two patented CAMO Edge deck screws through the edge of the board Exclusively use with CAMO Edge deck screws that auger material out to reduce splitting and cracking Fits any 5-1/4 in. Reviewed in the United States on September 16, 2017. When using wet boards with the CAMO Pro Marksman Tool, let the boards dry out in a shaded area in order to let them acclimate. No clips, no spacers nothing. The learning curve was quick and easy and I absolutely love the finished product. I'm an avid DIY'er, this is the 4th deck I've built (by far the largest) and I definietly recommend this system over anythign else have used. The fasteners enter the side of the wood at an angle where they are hidden as they sink in. Learn the differences between each of the tools in our CAMO Marksman Guide.. The side-angle fastener entry leaves the deck surface fastener-free. If your guides are clear, check to see if you missed the joist. Camo and Kreg both have options, but I went with this Camo. CAMO fasteners are not recommended for hollow decking because there is a possibility that the CAMO fastener can be set too deep. I did encounter some boards that varied enough in size that I really had to work to fit the tool over them. I can't stress that enough. You may also use a driver bit to clear the guide. Povides a fastener free deck surface. item 7 Camo 345002 Marksman Pro Deck Fastener Tool - Camo 345002 Marksman Pro Deck Fastener Tool. To ignore the fasteners is to review a gun without any bullets. The Camo Marksman Pro system is about $50, includes the jig, a bit and a few screws. And really, it’s the fasteners that hold everything together and make the systems work – the Marksman tools simply hold the angle steady so the screws drive in at the ri… The Camo Marksman Edge is another in the Camo line of deck board hidden screw fastening tools. 3. CAMO Marksman Edge. Extreme cold weather (below freezing) can cause some boards to become brittle. The gaps are not unsightly, but they are larger than when originally installed. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I used this tool to install zometech composite boards on my deck. I built a huge 20' x 50' deck with over 2500 of the screws and the camo system and the tool still works and looks like it is brand new. Many fasteners include driver bits. The system includes: CAMO Hidden Fasteners; CAMO Marksman and Marksman Pro tools; CAMO Driver Bits The spacer is easy to use and the guide for the screws is effective. I built a huge 20' x 50' deck with over 2500 of the screws and the camo system and the tool still works and looks like it is brand new. Patent-pending CAMO Marksman Pro positions CAMO edge fasteners for side-angle entry to the deckboard to create a fastener-free deck surface. It would just spin for 10 seconds or more before finally biting into the wood when some more pressure was applied. but that is no different than any ofht eother systems out there. The Camo Hidden Deck Fastening System works on any treated timber, hardwood, cedar, composite or PVC deckboard. Designed for use with CAMO Edge Deck Fasteners, CAMO Marksman tools position the deck fasteners for side-angle entry to the deck board. Side-angle entry provides a beautiful, fastener-free deck surface. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Reviewed in the United States on March 3, 2014. The CAMO tool spacer teeth automatically spaces your deck boards at 3/16". The Marksman DIY tool is a light duty installation tool that is intended for a single deck installation. Powered by a Milwaukee corded drywall screwdriver, the Camp Edge Pro fastens 1-inch to 1.5-inch deck boards … Camo fasteners work with Composite, Cedar, Treated, PVC and Hardwood decking. If the fastener has nothing to "bite into", it will not drive all the way in. It’s an elegant solution that will certainly make the work easier if the tool is up to the demands of the jobsite. Many people prefer less than a 3/16" gap when working with treated lumber or other soft woods. Free shipping. CAMO includes a clearing tool for this purpose. 4. CAMO Marksman Edge Hidden Deck Fastening Tool for Treated Wood Designed specifically for installing treated lumber with CAMO Hidden Fasteners , the CAMO Marksman Edge attaches to any drill. Four hands make the work much easier then two. Tool easily adjusts to fit any deck board widths of 13,3-14,6 centimeters, and provides automatic 4,5 milimeters spacing. I've had good results with the Kreg deck tool, yes you have to pre drill but it makes an awesome job. If a CAMO Marksman tool is stuck on the deck board, it is typically because the CAMO fastener is not fully driven into the joist. Rather, remove the screw by reversing the drill and backing it out or continue to force the screw into the deck board. No ratings or reviews yet. After that, the spacing should be at the normal 3/16 inch. Driving the screw in the rest of the way is the recommended method. This jig clamps onto the decking, freeing up both hands to load the jig (both sides if desired) and run the screws in. I saved myself so much sweat for other jobs, that I had to write this review. The CAMO system requires the Marksman or Marksman Pro tool, a CAMO driver bit and CAMO screws to work properly. Rather, remove the screw by reversing the drill and backing it out or continue to force the screw into the deck board. Camo Hidden Fasteners, a Camo Marksman tool, and Camo Driver Bits combine to deliver a fastener-free deck surface at a price that makes getting the job easy and installing the deck even easier. Easily adjust to fit any deck board and provide automatic spacing and with two sizes to choose from, Pro – for deck boards 5-1/4″ to 5-3/4″, and Pro-NB – for deck boards measuring 3-1/4″ to 5″, these tools make installing your deck a breeze. Once driven in, remove the tool and continue with your project. The gaps aren't consistent, the screws don't drive in correctly, you have to place a spacer in between each board before nailing etc. Check your screw guides. It was easy to master in a short period of time and the results were wonderful - no splitting boards, no top surface holes, bent screws or reamed out screw heads and an exceptionally tight hold. CAMO driver bits are designed for ungrooved and grooved deck boards. The only draw back is you can't really use it in tight quarters up against a building, stair riser, etc. Done. I bougth the Pro Camo deck system and I really like it. If you are using 16" OC joist spacing, you will need approximately 350 screws for every 100 square feet. The CAMO Marksman Pro-X1 Tool is specifically designed for treated & soft wood boards. Easy to install using a Marksman tool, CAMO® Edge Deck Fasteners secure deck boards directly to the joist to reduce board movement, and they back out … This tool made putting down deck boards so much easier with the built in spacers, plus you have no face screws. Used with the screws that are made for the tool it make a great looking deck, Reviewed in the United States on April 21, 2018. It would be nice if GAMO made this change to the product though. It works with the same board sizes as the Pro tool (5-1/4" to 5-3/4" boards). The problems I ran into with this tool include: -Sometimes the screw wouldn't drill a hole. The tool easily adjust to fit 5 -1/4 inch - 5-3/4 inch boards and provides automatic 1/16 inch spacing. Antique Farm Tool. I bought this for installing pressure treated deck board, and for the majority of the boards this worked really well. Made installation a breeze. I liek the system becasue there is no pre-drilling required so it is pretty fast, the screws are no more expensive than normal coated deckscrews, and even though they look small they hold tough (you will destory the deck board before pulling one of these out). Either way, the CAMO range of deck tools can be an invaluable part of any deck installation process. Like the regular Camo Marksman Pro tools, the Edge guides the Camo screws diagonally through the edge of deck boards and into the joist, but the decking doesn’t have to be spaced apart. Reviewed in the United States on July 22, 2013. Don't try to pull and remove the tool because you may break it. We both repeatedly said during today's efforts that we surely were glad we invested in this system to secure the decking material.

For a heavy duty contractor-grade tool designed to be used for multiple deck applications, the Camo Marksman Pro tool can help you create a gorgeous, smooth deck surface easily. It has an adaptor to drill at angles. The CAMO Marksman Pro Tool is a heavy duty tool that is built to last for many deck installations. I can't comment on the lower priced tool, but this one is very durable. No, the CAMO Fastener Systems are not compatible with metal joists. The CAMO Edge Deck Fastening System works on any treated lumber, hardwood, cedar, composite or PVC deckboard. I built a deck last year without these tools, and this was SO MUCH EASIER! For jobs that are faster, easier, and better, install CAMO’s superior clips and screws, lock-in rows boards with the LEVER board-bending tool, and fasten from your feet with DRIVE. The jig has a built-in stop which spaces the decking 3/16" from the previous board. 100 quantity packs do not include driver bits, 350 quantity packs include 1 driver bit, 700 quantity packs include 2 driver bits and 1750 quantity packs include 2 driver bits. This is the greated thing since sliced bread. No, the CAMO system installation tools are specially designed for CAMO screws. Using a Dremel cut off wheel, i removed the radius on the tool on each end so that it would sit flat. Use this for pressure treated wood and it will result in big spacings once your wood dries. Install deck boards with no gap to allow for natural contraction. The problem with going through the warranty claims department is they don't work for Trex. With this review, what we did was try out the Marksman and Marksman Pro tools. Hidden in the side of the board, CAMO® Edge Deck Fasteners create a beautiful, fastener-free deck surface. The spacing on this tool works really well for composite boards, but be cautious when installing pressure treated decking because if it is wet when installed and it dries, the gaps will increase. Yes, CAMO 2-3/8 inch Fasteners can be used with a board thickness of 1-1/2" to 2". Simply let the screw do the work. None of them work correctly every time. CAMO deck screws and a CAMO Marksman tool combine to deliver a fastener-free deck surface at a price that makes getting the job easy and installing the deck even easier. Since we are the largest stocking dealer of CAMO Hidden Fasteners and Marksman tools, you can be confident that your order will ship out fast, most on the Same Day! Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. A larger minimum order will apply for items that have unusual packaging requirements or have to be shipped via freight, but the vast majority of our inventory is ready to ship to you, free of charge -- it's that simple! Most of our items ship free with a minimum $99 order. Reviewed in the United States on May 27, 2012. In the second [3] case, this deck tool allows you to push down warped boards that pop out of any deck structure due to wood shrinkage.. The CAMO 1-7/8 inch Fasteners are compatible with 5/4" decking. The screws self-release from the driver at the correct depth. The screw will begin to spin and start to remove board material before it bites and drives. I really got into the whole hidden fastener system that the composite decking offers and I figured someone made something for wood decks. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The jig is difficult to use near walls and posts, but you can 'eye' it and skew drill and screw in some spots. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. To help you decide if you should use a 1-7/8" or a 2-3/8" screw with recommendations for screw type, see our Selecting the Right Camo Hidden Fastener (pdf) document. The Marksman Pro X1 Tool provides a 1/16" gap. If a CAMO Marksman tool is stuck on the deck board, it is typically because the CAMO fastener is not fully driven into the joist. Be the first to write a review. This is a system; CAMO hidden fasteners, CAMO Marksman tools and CAMO driver bits are engineered to work exclusively together; using other branded tools or guides, fasteners or bits will impair performance and not produce the desired results. CAMO will work properly by using gentle pressure. I own a small remodeling company in the midewest. Dual screw guides fasten both sides of board with single tool placement. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Started installing the 5/4 wood surface on my son's 650 sq/ft deck today. 1 package of CAMO 1750 Fasteners covers 500 square feet. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. For use with treated wood and other soft woods due to the shrinkage that occurs in those types of deck boards. Build 5X Faster. Material is screwed to the joists. It does adjust, but natural wood decking can sometimes have some significant variations. The driver bits set the depth of drive for the CAMO fasteners. (133mm) to 5-3/4 in. The Camo Edge Pro addresses the pinch-points of deck building by using collated fasteners on an extended driver. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, NATIONAL NAIL 345139 Camo1750CT-Inch 2-3/8 Screw, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. The CAMO Marksman Pro-X1 Tool is for use with treated and other softwood lumber. CAMO Hidden Fasteners are an affordable choice that also create a beautiful, fastener-free surface. We do not recommend CAMO for hollow decking. The hidden deck fasteners are easy to install, require no pre-drilling, and provide a 1/16" spacing (with X1 tool). Used with the screws that are made for the tool it make a great looking deck. Using other branded tools, fasteners or bits will impair performance and not produce the desired results. Simple installation process It would then work well out of the box on both wood and composite boards. The Marksman Pro and Marksman installation tools are compatible with 6" wide decking. This tool eliminates all of it. You can purchase stainless steel or coated screws in 1-7/8″ for 5/4 decking and 2-3/8″ for 2×6 decking. The CAMO Marksman Pro Tool easily adjusts to fit 5 ¼â€ – 5 ¾â€ boards & provides automatic 3\\/16” spacing. I didn't screw the vertical boards on the side of the deck and steps on with camo screws because I didn't want them to fall off and it would be more difficult to use the jig on the side, and impossible in tight corners. We were extremely pleased with the Camo system. Perfect gapping for Composite & PVC boards. The system is pretty quick, easy to use, durable, and the finished product looks awesome. The Pro-X1 was designed to solve that issue, to offer a smaller gap and a hidden fastener look for wood decking. Applying too much pressure will result in splitting or mushrooming. CAMO Marksman tools position CAMO deck screws for side-angle entry into the deck board to create a fastener-free deck surface. Reviewed in the United States on October 1, 2015. See all 6. CAMO Marksman Pro-X1 Tool positions CAMO deck screws for side-angle entry to the deckboard to create a fastener-free deck surface. We’ve made it easier than ever to get the materials you need for your project and to make sure you get the best possible pricing. Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2018. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Material may have built up on the guides. Fits boards 5-1/4" to 5-3/4" & provides automatic 1/16” spacing due to the shrinkage that occurs in those types of deck boards. (146mm) deck board … As much as I wanted to go with a composite decking, I ended up with the tried and trusted thick deck treated pine. With this tool, a bowrench, and the screws, I built a 20' x 20' deck in about 3 days. The CAMO Marksman tool is the core of the CAMO Hidden Fastener system.Available in five different models; Pro, Pro-X1, Pro-NB, Edge and Edge Pro. In practical applications, the CAMO Marksman deck tool can be used to either install new decks or replace and repair boards in older ones. Free shipping offer applies to the 48 states only. Mushrooming is caused by pushing too hard or forcing the screw in. Reviewed in the United States on July 13, 2019. CAMO 345001 Marksman Pro NB Tool - CAMO Marksman Narrow Board Tool positions CAMO deck screws for side-angle entry to the deck board. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- You may also like. 1 package of CAMO 700 Fasteners covers 200 square feet. Decent tool for decking, works for pressure treated but better for composite, Reviewed in the United States on August 29, 2016. We've gathered the most commonly asked questions about CAMO Hidden Fasteners. CAMO Edge Fasteners, a CAMO Marksman tool and CAMO Driver Bits combine to deliver a fastener-free deck surface at a price that makes getting the job easy and installing the deck … You may also like. I must say that this is the best investment I made while shopping around for materials and tools. Try the new camo tool. Called The Edge. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Near hidden fastener system, easy to use, HUGE time saver with spacers built in, Reviewed in the United States on May 18, 2018. The tools are compatible with treated lumber, hardwood, cedar, composite or PVC deck boards. CAMO Marksman Tools are designed for use with CAMO Edge Fasteners only. Yes, the CAMO System requires CAMO Driver Bits. This is important because treated wood tends to shrink after installation. SOme reveiws complained abotut eh durability of the cheaper camo system so for the little bit of price difference I bought the Pro model (I think it was only about $20 more). CAMO Hidden Deck Fastening System is a sensible choice that eliminates the need for multiple colors, types, and sizes of fasteners. Don't try to pull and remove the tool because you may break it. Thereafter the tool worked like a champ.