See more of our Christmas, Food, Folk Songs and Children's Literature Song Lyrics I’m hungry. You can't catch me. - Eeeey.. - I can jump, yes I can. So I run to the river, it was bleedin' I run to the sea, it was bleedin' I run to the sea, it was bleedin' All along dem day So I run to the river, it was boilin' I run to the sea, it was boilin' I run to the sea, it was boilin' Along dem day So I run to the Lord, please hide me Lord Don't you see me prayin'? The Gingerbread Man, himself, has to be very obnoxious, or the audience will be upset when he gets eaten. As she was doing that the Gingerbread man jumped out of the pan & started running away. The legend of the gingerbread man varies depending on where and by whom it’s being told. Honey cakes—flavored with ginger and other spices—have been found in pharaohs’ tombs, along with written references to the confection. "I will take you across." A full What's New!! Run and catch him, run and catch him”. ” shouted the gingerbread man. Run! The Gingerbread Man Crafts, Activities, Games, and Printables for preschool and kindergarten. And the gingerbread man, he looked good to eat Run, run, as fast as you can You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man I'm the gingerbread man and I'm out of the pan! Here is what the cookie said: Chorus: Run! It's different every time! By this time the gingerbread man was so proud of himself Try your hand at the classic gingerbread man or another gingerbread-inspired dessert this season: Credit: 49. Aylesworth, Jim. The fastest sweetest cookie, the Gingerbread Man. "Stop, little gingerbread man," said the children. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The woman and her husband chased after the humanoid dessert to no avail. The fox threw back his head and snapped his sharp teeth. You’re probably familiar with the classic gingerbread man cookie. Run, Run, Gingerbread Man! But the gingerbread man ran faster than ever and said. We used cotton, buttons, glitter and our imagination! KidZone Gingerbread Man Theme Unit. But the gingerbread man ran faster and called to the horse. I want to talk to you!" And Grandma, Yes? I'm the Gingerbread Man!" One little gingerbread man lying on a tray, He jumped up and ran away. The main difference is that gingersnaps are baked longer to achieve a crispier texture, while gingerbread cookies are typically chewier and often shaped like people. in Ancient Egypt. ‎Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about A Gingerbread Winter Snow Run: Escape to the City – Free HD Racing Game. The gingerbread man did not wish to be eaten, and so he shouted… “Run, run, as quick as you can. ", But the sly fox said: "I don't want to eat you. I'm hungry. "Run, run, as fast as you can. The classic tale of the runaway Gingerbread Man, who escapes his hungry creators, as well as a string of others met upon the road, before his fateful encounter with a fox, is here retold by the marvelously talented Jim Aylesworth and Barbara McClintock, whose other projects include Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Tale of Tricky Fox, and (most recently) The Mitten. [Chorus] I got the green, drank, pills, blow, Runnin' round the town gettin' money I suppose, I'm the gingerbread man I'm the gingerbread man. Lyrics: Okay, check it, check it, check it out / It's Santana again steppin', steppin', steppin' out (Uh) / One of the brand new big boy toys / I do big boy things, I make big boy noise, ' As she pulled her creation out of the oven, however, the boy (or “man,” as it is often called) jumped from the pan and fled the cabin. The activity ends with the "You Can't Catch Me" song. The gingerbread man ran on until he came to a horse. You can't catch me! When he finished singing his song the gingerbread man ran under the old man’s legs and out into the farmyard. © 2003-2020 BusSongs.com "Run, run, as fast as you can. Hello Grandma, how are you? No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time. A little old man, a cow, and a horse, and I can run away from you, too. But the gingerbread man said, But the gingerbread man ran even faster, chanting, "I've run from a little old woman and a little old man , and I can run away from you, I can.Run, run as fast as you can. cake-like bread to gingerbread cookies and gingersnaps. I instructed the kids to run across the room, grab a gingerbread man and bring it back to the other side and continue doing this until there were no more gingerbread men in the pile. Historically, “gingerbread” refers to cake-like bread made with ginger and molasses. There's Grandma! MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. The only good thing that came out of it were a handful of funny Vines but that was it. Gingerbread Man Finger Play added 12-12-01 Original Author Unknown Children choose their cookie and decorate it with shapes and colors. I'm the Gingerbread Man!" “I don’t know what the cow and the owl are talking about,” the fox said. The Gingerbread Boy, Who Didn't Run Away Paperback – December 1, 2014 by Vickie King (Author), Angie Chappell (Editor) 3.1 out of 5 stars 2 ratings "I have run away from a little old woman and a “Who...who...who are you? He didn't think anyone could catch him. The gingerbread man ran through the yard and passed a pig . Some videos may not be played. I’m very hungry,” the owl said. It was on one of these nights that an idea occurred to the woman: She would make a boy out of gingerbread. "Run, run, as fast as you can. It wasn’t until about 992 C.E. The gingerbread man who had run down the street. The cookie believed the fox when he said he wasn’t tempted to eat him—this misguided trust led to the protagonist’s downfall. "Run, run, as fast as you can. "We want to eat you." I'm the gingerbread man! You can’t catch me—I’m the gingerbread man,” the man sang as he easily outran the cow. And the gingerbread man said, It’s usually baked in a loaf or bundt pan. And the horse couldn't catch him. “Catch the gingerbread man” shouted the old man to the pigs. The earliest account of person-shaped gingerbread cookies is from the 16th century. Hello Gingerbread Man. Five Day Theme Unit (suitable for children in kindergarten, grade 1 and grade 2). Jennifer Causey, Credit: Similar tales of escaped food can be found in cultures all over the world: The mischievous character takes the form of bread dough in Russia, a pancake in Germany, and a dumpling in Hungary. Please disable blocking extensions so Bussongs.com can provide you 100% experience. But do you know the legend behind the holiday staple? This story originally appeared in print in an 1875 issue of St. Nicholas Magazine, a popular monthly American children's publication, under the title “The Gingerbread Boy.”. Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. You really couldn't follow or anticipate where that went. The little old woman and the little old man ran after him You look delicious! The Rainbows made a new friend, the Gingerbread man. You can't catch me. Target's $5 Gingerbread Man Mug Is Flying Off Shelves Run, Run, as Fast as You Can, Target's $5 Gingerbread Man Mugs Are Flying Off Shelves November 17, 2020 by Perri Konecky I run really fast, I’m the gingerbread man! Here’s our version of the classic tale, which includes many of the most popular elements: An old woman and her husband lived alone in a cabin buried deep in the woods, away from the hustle and bustle of the village. You can't catch me! But the gingerbread man said, The Starfall Gingerbread is a delicious way to learn 2D shapes (circle, triangle, square, rectangle) and 3D shapes (sphere, cone, cube). This game is a revamped version of the classic children’s game of “Duck, Duck Goose!” To play, kids will sit on the floor, forming a circle. Bochkov, Natasha. Choose one player to be the Gingerbread Man. I'm the Gingerbread Man!" We read his amazing story and we painted and decorated our own Gingerbread man. "Run, run, as fast as you can. The gingerbread man story’s moral is slightly dark for a fable meant for children: Be careful who you trust. “oink, oink. And the gingerbread man did. And the horse began to chase the gingerbread man, But the gingerbread man ran faster and called to the horse, "Run, run, as fast as you can. I'm the Gingerbread Man! The Gingerbread Man. I can run faster, faster that you. Elizabeth I of England surprised guests with “biscuits” that were designed in their likeness. This padded storybook of the classic fairy tale features engaging text and delightful, colorful illustrations by Gail Yerrill. The classic story of the Gingerbread Man is a great unit to use during the holiday season or anytime during the year. “Gingerbread” commonly refers to a wide range of sweet treats, from the O.G. “Mmmmyouuuuu look delicious,” said the cow. cake-like bread to gingerbread cookies and gingersnaps. The Gingerbread Man, the Gingerbread Man. Fresh new songs recently added to our site. But the gingerbread man ran faster as he said. Once upon a time there was a little old woman and a little old man. Each set includes over 30 playful learning activities related to the theme, book suggestions, and activity explanations. The Gingerbread Man Song (to the tune of "Jimmy Crack Corn") A baker took some gingerbread dough And shaped a man from head to toe. chapter for … Conversely, a variation on a story or song that shows up in only a few collected versions is more likely to be a recent creation or addition. “Run, run, as fast as you can! And put him in the oven to bake. I can, I can!" The Gingerbread Girl Rap Rap Song Lyrics and Sound Clip Jim Rule. "you are too heavy on my tail. "Please, stop, little gingerbread man," said the horse. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Pg4 You can not catch me little old man. He wears a chef's hat and green bowtie, and holds a candy cane. Great starting points to find inspiration. This early literacy game makes the perfect indoor recess activity for the winter, too! he smiled. Before he could formulate a reply, though, the fox gobbled him up in one swift motion. Out jumped the little gingerbread man and away he ran. It needs less ads I gave this app a 4 star because it needs less ads it needs a 4 I don't like the game but I do like how it's like the subway game I don't really like it because it is glitchy and sometimes I just want to get rid of the game but I don't think I should get rid of it because it might get better because I just got it but I don't really like the game. Other holiday spices (like nutmeg, cinnamon, cardamom, anise, and cloves) are often included in recipes in addition to ginger. The Gingerbread Man said he’d give it a try. The woman and her husband chased after the humanoid dessert to no avail. Oh, no, let's run! The oven door opened, out the room he ran. “Then sit on my snout, take it slowly.” He did and gulp, gone was he, and so that ends our story, of the Gingerbread Man. fatality. You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man ." The rich fantasy helps Rustam cope with the challenges of their escape. In the 1875 version, the cookie runs from an increasingly diverse cast of characters (including farm animals and human workers) while chanting, “I've run away from a little old woman, a little old man, and I can run away from you, I can!”, The original story also featured a slightly more grisly ending: As the fox ate the gingerbread man limb-by-limb, he cried, “"I'm quarter gone … I'm half gone … I'm three-quarters gone … I'm all gone!". Directed by Aneesh Chaganty. As he was running away, the gingerbread man was saying, “Run, run, as fast as you can. So the little gingerbread man jumped on the fox's nose. The film also stars Robin Sydney, Jonathan Chase, Alexia Aleman, Margaret Blye, James Snyder, and Larry Cedar The story of the gingerbread man provides an interesting case study for those guidelines. The man stood in front of the animal in stunned silence. The fox swam a little further and said, "I have run away from a little old woman, a little old man, "Don't run so fast. Run Run Gingerbread is a singing gingerbread man made by Cuddle Barn in 2016. The GINGERBREAD MAN song RUN, RUN, RUN like the Gingerbread man RUN, RUN, RUN like the Gingerbread man RUN, RUN, RUN like the Gingerbread man AND YOU CATCH ME, “The Runaway Pancake” is widespread enough that it must be quite old. Run, run as fast as you can, You can’t catch me I’m the Gingerbread Man! MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. "I want to eat you." Eventually he came to a cow’s field. You can't catch me. He ran past a school full of children. Contributed by Leanne Guenther. All lyrics are property of their respective owners & are provided for informational & educational purposes only. Song & Verse words: Richard Graham Run, run as fast as you can, You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man! And the cow began to chase the gingerbread man, “Run, run, as fast as you can. And the gingerbread man said, "I have run away from a little old woman, a little old man, And a cow, and I can run away from you too. The gingerbread man ran on and You can’t catch me – I’m the gingerbread man! I'm the Gingerbread Man!" These days, when we say “gingerbread,” we could be referring to a wide variety of tasty treats. that a monk named Gregory of Nicopolis brought gingerbread from Greece to France. Gingerbread Boy Song added 12-10-01 Original Author Unknown Sung to: "Row, Row, Row, Your Boat" Eat, eat, your Gingerbread Boy, Before he runs away. And the gingerbread man, he looked good to eat Run, run, as fast as you can You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man I'm the gingerbread man and I'm out of the pan! “You’ve all got four legs and can run fast! Now everybody knows about The Gingerbread Man The silly cookie saying, “I can run… Here’s what you need to know about the folk tale and the ancient recipe that inspired it. He runs around as he sings Joe Scruggs' "Gingerbread Man". Shouting "Catch me, catch me, catch me if you can I run really fast, I'm a gingerbread man!" Naa naa naa naa bim bam, Download 3D Gingerbread Dash - Run or Be Eaten Alive! Run, run as fast as you can, You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man! Skepta, I can't run out of bars And if sky's the limit, I'm heading for the stars Back to the future, spaceship cars Now all the family's eating I won't sign another deal so fast Man are looking for the big boy contract Them man are happy with five day pass You're never gonna be like Skepta Nobody ain't matching me You're never gonna be like Skepta I started by placing the gingerbread men on the floor on one side of the room and I had the kids stand on the other side of the room. I'm going to make a gingerbread man! If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. As he ran, the gingerbread man happily sang a song. “Run” – Awolnation. Popular elements include facial features drawn with icing and gumdrop or chocolate “buttons.”. “Run, run, as fast as you can. The Gingerbread Girl Rap Rap Song Lyrics and Sound Clip Jim Rule. But the little Gingerbread Boy ran harder than ever, and as he ran he cried out, "I have run away from a little old woman, A little old man, A cow, A horse, And I can run away from you, I can!" But, to the gingerbread man’s surprise, the fox wasn’t interested. Game FREE and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The fox said, "Oh, dear, my shoulder is sinking. in an 1875 issue of St. Nicholas Magazine, from the O.G. "I have run away from a little old woman, a little old man, a cow, Conversely, a variation on a story or song that shows up in only a few collected versions is more likely to be a recent creation or addition. Run, run, as fast as you can You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man You can look, look, hard as you can You can't see me, I'm the Gingerbread Like Christmas 3st As fast as you can! Now catch me if you can. I can run like the Gingerbread Man. You can't catch me! Run Away Like a Gingerbread Man What do you like to include in your gingerbread man theme? The Gingerbread Man Song ===== Chorus Words: Traditional Song & Verse Words: (C) Richard Graham. Nursery Classics: Gingerbread Man. You can’t catch me—I’m the gingerbread man!”. G. Man Now, all of you probably want to know what happened next, so: ‘Run, run, run as fast as you can, come see with me, ’cos I'm the gingerbread man!’ Exit Gingerbread Man Song ‘The servant king ‘ Scene 3 Enter Gingerbread Man G. Man ‘Run, run, run as fast as you can, come see with me, ’cos I'm the gingerbread man!’ Me again! The songs you've voted to be the very best. Portions can be used for preschool. A homeschooled teenager begins to suspect her mother is keeping a dark secret from her. Basically, the name applies to pretty much anything that heavily features the blend of spices (ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, etc.) I ran from the baker and his wife too. ” And off he ran, all the way along the street towards the garden gate. run… “Now you shall hear a story that somebody’s great, great grandmother told a little girl ever so many years ago,” begins the folk tale. The song opens with “I am a human capable of doing terrible things.” One of those things is making this song. I can run like the Gingerbread Man. Its association with the holiday season, which didn’t come until later, is likely a practical one: Some people attribute the tradition to the weather, as ginger has a comforting way of warming the person who is eating it. You can’t catch me. I'm the Gingerbread Man. The gingerbread man ran faster and faster. This song has been printed from the BusSongs.com website. I run really fast, I'm a gingerbread man!" A very silly story that your kids will ask you to read again and again. She even did a few extra laps around the house just for fun pretending that her gingerbread … BusSongs.com has the largest collection of, Nobody Likes Me (Guess I'll Go Eat Worms). What? Along came a fox who wanted a treat, And this gingerbread man, he looked good to eat. As fast as you can! that we’ve come to associate with the holidays. "Jump on my tail," said the fox. The girl ran after him but couldn’t catch him. The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World® Holidays 2020 is a one-of-a-kind resource that will help you get the most out of your holiday vacation at Walt Disney World.Order The DFB Guide to the Walt Disney World® Holidays 2020 now! You can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man!” Turn the classic story of The Gingerbread Man into a fun and interactive gross motor activity for kids! Then he met a sly old fox. And the children began to chase him, This wasn’t a unique occurrence—many spices native to the Middle East became commonplace in northern Europe during the Middle Ages. By and by the gingerbread man came to a field full of farmers. Chorus: Naa naa naa naa boo boo, What ‘cha gonna do do? My son, Cody (the Toy Soilder with the sword who says "thats the way the cookie crumbles" had a Christmas pagent this year, and this skit i thought was funny When he had gone a little way, he said to the gingerbread man, You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man! Baumgartner, Barbara. But they wanted a child. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Slippin’ and sliddin’, pig was too roly poly. Others say that, since gingerbread was once considered a delicacy reserved for special occasions, its connection to Christmas is natural. Buy Run Away Like a Gingerbread Man from Kogan.com. Run Away Like A Gingerbread Man tells the story of five-year-old Rustam, who lives with his mother in war-torn Afghanistan. Our fun activities will help you to teach, practice, and learn math and language arts concepts and make fun gingerbread man inspired arts and crafts projects. Along came a dog who wanted a snack But the gingerbread man, he never looked back Run, run, as fast as you can You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man Five gingerbread men lying on a tray One jumped up and ran away Shouting "catch me, catch me, catch me if you can I run really fast, I'm "Please, stop, little gingerbread man," said the horse. Photo by istetiana via Getty images, The Gingerbread Man Story: Here's the History Behind the Fairy Tale. Don't Miss Out on Any Disney World Fun This Holiday Season! Since they had none, they decided to make one out of gingerbread. Run! "Stop," said the farmers. Yes, I can. Then we chanted “Run, run as fast as you can, you cant catch me I’m the gingerbread man!” and Madelynn raced back and forth to grab a gingerbread man and sort it into the correct basket. ", Just then the gingerbread man came to a river. run… And the fox began to swim across the river. The gingerbread that we’re familiar with today more closely resembles this European take on the ancient blend of sugar and spice. Art was pretty good considering, however you had to right click and hit the play button to do anything. So the gingerbread man jumped on the fox's tail, Run, run as fast as you can, You can’t catch me I’m the Gingerbread Man! You can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man!” Turn the classic story of The Gingerbread Man into a fun and interactive gross motor activity for kids! You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man… Hello Grandma, how are you? Yes, I can. He said, "Catch me if you can, If you can, if you can." “Run, run, as fast as you can! There’s Grandma! You look delicious! He has gingerbread shoes on his gingerbread feet His eyes are currants, shiny and black He's baked in a pan, lying flat on his back He comes from the oven so glossy and brown He's the loveliest gingerbread man in the town He's the loveliest gingerbread man in the town Sing humpty dumpty, dickery dan Sing hey, and sing ho for the gingerbread man I can run like the Gingerbread Man, Now catch me if you can. "I am afraid you will get wet on my back. You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man! You can't catch me! “You don’t look like you taste good at all.”. on until he came to a cow. Carolyn Cochrane/Getty Images, Credit: The cookie was prepared to mock the cunning creature like he had his too-slow friends. And a cow, and I can run away from you too. Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the dankest meme dadd! The Gingerdead Man is a 2006 American slasher film directed by Charles Band. Gingerbread cookies (including the ones shaped like people) and gingersnaps are both heavily spiced cookies. Run, run, run as fast as you can, You’ll never catch me, I’m the gingerbread man. I can, I can!" It includes over 400 pages of must-have information, including:. What? I can, I can!" Very bold & snotty, with a nya nya nya-nya nya tone to the voice that can cross over into a kind of chant-like song with the "run, run" rhyme. Download A Gingerbread Winter Snow Run: Escape to the City – Free HD Racing Game and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Run Away Like a Gingerbread Man [Qayumi, Shahnaz] on Amazon.com. When the gingerbread man was done, But the Gingerbread man ran away singing... Run, run, as fast as you can. Hello Gingerbread Man. "Stop little gingerbread man, The little old woman opened the oven door and pulled out the pan. AdBlock or similar extension is detected on your device. I’m the gingerbread man.” The gingerbread man disappeared & the girl couldn’t find him anymore. They lived all alone and were very happy together, With no children of their own, they were forced to live out their days and nights in solitude. One day the little old woman made a little gingerbread man, And the cow couldn't catch him. When conditions at home become dangerous, they are forced to flee, and Rustam’s mother comforts him with her version of the Gingerbread Man fable. I can, I can!" The gingerbread man, the gingerbread man, I run really fast, I’m the gingerbread man!” Two gingerbread men lying on a tray, One jumped up and ran away, Shouting “Catch me, catch me, Catch me if you can. And a horse, a field full of farmers, and I can run away from you, too. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Oh, do you know the Gingerbread Man, Who ran and ran and ran? "I want to eat you." “Run, run, as fast as you can. MyRecipes is a registered trademark of Meredith Corporation All Rights Reserved. I'm the Gingerbread Man. This song is available Jim Rule's Let It Shine! And the horse began to chase the gingerbread man, Offers may be subject to change without notice. And when he found that he was ahead of the farmers, he turned and shouted back to them, "Run! Gary Busey stars as the titular Gingerdead Man, created from a mix of gingerbread spice mix and the ashes of deceased serial killer Millard Findlemeyer, who terrorizes a small-town bakery. I'm the Gingerbread Man!" ‎Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about 3D Gingerbread Dash - Run or Be Eaten Alive! Now everybody knows about The Gingerbread Man The silly cookie saying, “I can run… The Gingerbread Man, himself, has to be very obnoxious, or the audience will be upset when he gets eaten. - Stop, Gingerbread Man, stop. Jump on my nose, and I can hold you out of the water.". The story of the gingerbread man provides an interesting case study for those guidelines. I can run like the Gingerbread Man. And the children couldn't catch him. He said, "Catch me if you can, Then ran and ran and ran. I can, I can!" Read how Jody even replicated the dinner in the book for her kids, who wondered if their dinner would get up and run away. The Gingerbread Man "Run, run as fast as you can. Pg5 Run, run as fast as you can! Note: if you don't want to read through the theme unit, click here to go straight to the printable resources list or the book recommendation list. The couple was lonely. as fast as they could, but he just laughed and said. But the little Gingerbread Boy ran harder than ever, and as he ran he cried out, "I have run away from a little old woman, A little old man, A cow, A horse, And I can run away from you, I can!" Run! Very bold & snotty, with a nya nya nya-nya nya tone to the voice that can cross over into a kind of chant-like song with the "run, run" rhyme. Jump on my back, my gingerbread pet, And the farmers couldn't catch him. Run It! The pigs saw the gingerbread man and tried to eat him. Follow the gingerbread man as he runs from the old woman, the old man, pig, cow, and horse, and meets a sly fox. When it was baked, the cookie fled. Gingerbread Man Race. The Gingerbread Man (also known as The Gingerbread Boy) is a folktale about a gingerbread man's escape from various pursuers and his eventual demise between the jaws of a fox. As these things often do, the general recipe spread to neighboring countries. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. With Sarah Paulson, Kiera Allen, Sara Sohn, Pat Healy. Gingerbread is dark, spicy, and cake-like. You can't catch me! No more gingerbread men lying on a tray, They all jumped up and ran away. As he ran, the gingerbread man happily sang a song. The gingerbread man ran on until he came to a horse. Pg2 You can not catch me little old woman. little old man, and I can run away from you, too. You can't catch me! But the gingerbread man ran faster, and said. Game FREE. I'm your friend. Experts trace gingerbread’s roots to around 1500 B.C.E. See Accessibility Information for children with disabilities And they couldn't catch him. You can't catch me! If she couldn’t have a son, this was the next best thing. This early literacy game makes the perfect indoor recess activity for the winter, too! “The Runaway Pancake” is widespread enough that it must be quite old. Save time and get right to the learning fun with our printable lesson plan sets. Jump on my back." I want to eat you! And the gingerbread man did. A list of lyrics, artists and songs that contain the term "RUN" - from the Lyrics.com website. For a song that’s the first Youtube search result for “Run … And the farmers began to chase him, We want to eat you." - I can skate. Gingerbread Song (to the tune of "The Muffin Man") Oh, do you know the Gingerbread Man, The Gingerbread Man, the Gingerbread Man? And when he found that he was ahead of the farmers, he turned and shouted back to them, "Run! As she pulled her creation out of the oven, however, the boy (or “man,” as it is often called) jumped from the pan and fled the cabin.