I’ve heard that not all oats are gluten free, but since I don’t need to eat that way it didn’t really affect me. First batch i only had small package of pudding, so i figured that was it. I’ve never tried it but I bet vanilla would be fantastic too! this is one of those comments…..I didn’t have toffee chips so i added caramel bits and mini choc chips. If you love sweets, I have a few more recipes you might want to try. Thanks for any ideas. Let me know how it goes if you try it! If you love caramel and chocolate together, I suggest you make a batch of this delicious Salted Caramel Fudge! If they don’t come to a full rolling boil they will be too sticky and soft, so make sure they’re really boiling before turning the heat off. I think they have a perfect consistency, just a little soft. I’m not sure about adding cold cereal because sometimes when adding cold cereal to no bake cookies it becomes kind of chewy. It’s always nice to cut back where I can. Spoon the mixture into the thumbprints of the cookies and sprinkle with sea salt. (Making cookies is more fun!). Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Hi Cindy! Your pictures look like they firmed up very well. Ten minutes later I crossed cookie making off my to-do list and moved on to filing! It should take you straight to the printable. Can you I substitute regular oats instead of instant oats? MICHIGAN GREAT. These are a new hit at home and work. Little Dairy on the Prairie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. I am confused, though, about what size box of pudding I need to get. It’s a super helpful tip for those that are gluten free! That’s right a whole day to do whatever I wanted, ya right! Sending love from another farmgirl to your kitchen! Hi Joan! I think next time I make it I will use two small boxes of pudding or one large one. If it doesn’t work let me know and I’ll be sure to get it to you! They are so easy and so yummy! They always go fast! It’s crazy because I actually bought pudding that size when I created this recipe and can no longer find it. I know they’ll be a big hit, they’re great. It's important to bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Love them! Thanks again! These extra decadent chocolate salted caramel sandwich cookies are a bit over the top in all the best ways. This salted caramel chocolate chip cookies recipe says to mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl before adding them to the mixing bowl. They never last long enough around here so I’ve never had a chance to try freezing them. I have made no bakes with butterscotch chips and they turn out fine and set up ok. They really are pretty quick and easy to make. It’s fun to experiment with different flavors of pudding. How much regular salt should I use? Yummy. SUBSCRIBE TO THE NEWSLETTER TO GET ALL THE RECIPES SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX! So yesterday the hubs and I finally got around to starting to stain our fence that was installed in January. thanks and Ill try them your way! I know right? Would using the 3.4 oz pudding make it just less butterscotch or change the consistency? Happy fall! Combine caramels and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Could you just use regular milk? Yes! That’s a great idea! They look and sound delicious, I will try one of these days. Hi Kristin! Instructions. What am i missing? Yeah. I’d try freezing them on a cookie sheet first, then moving them to an airtight freezer container. Thanks! The homemade caramel is the trickiest part of this recipe; the cookie dough itself is super easy and doesn’t require chilling. No need to use a thermometer with this simple recipe! This is my third time making these cookies! I make no bake cookies and seldom.run into any issues other than they get eaten too fast. I must try. Evaporated milk and sweetened condensed milk is very different so they are not interchangeable. I’ve never frozen them before so I can’t really say how it will work. My perfectly chewy and delicious salted caramel chocolate chip cookies will become your favorite cookie recipe ever. I plan to make some of your cookies. Adding milk should help though. SO creamy, and easy to make too! Click on the little grey box at the bottom that says something like “Click here for the recipe”. Anyone know how it works with cook and serve pudding? Thanks Jane! How do you store these cookies? Is it the four serving size or the six serving size box of pudding? That flavor works great also! It will give the cookies a little different texture since quick cooking oats are ground finer than old fashioned ones! I can't think of a thing not to love about these cookies! For ourselves I would cut back on the sugar, although you can’t go too far with no-bakes, in my (limited, amateur) experience it’s the sugar and boiling it that holds them together. I’m also wondering about using cooked quinoa instead. Hi Sheri. These are so easy and delicious doesn’t even begin to describe how they taste! Plus, the little can of evap milk was just shy of 2/3 cup so used 1/2 & 1/2 to make up diff. Beat in vanilla and the egg. Well, I tried making them with just a 4 serving size box of pudding, I couldn’t find anywhere on the internet that a six serving size box existed in butterscotch flavor. These cookies are so easy and so yummy! Enjoy! Adding more chocolate only makes things better in my opinion! Required fields are marked *. Or maybe cornflakes? This is the first recipe I have seen for them. And you can’t beat how easy they are to make! I love the combination of flavors, and it’s no-bake. Instructions Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter on medium speed for about 20 seconds. Salted Caramel Chocolate Oreo Bars with just five ingredients (ok, ok, and salt!) It’s hard to know exactly what is happening when I’m not there. Add eggs and vanilla to butter/sugar mixture and combine well. That's a … Add chocolate chips and toffee chips to cookie mixture. Also where is it best to get the toffee crisps can you help thanks for taking the time to My family loved this version! A buttery cookie base that is filled with sweet chocolate chips, walnuts and then caramel sauce. Somehow, my brain translated 3/4 cup butter into 3 sticks of butter! What?? Heck I’d make two batches…one for saving and one for eating! Would it effect the consistency if I brought the sugar down a bit? Merry Christmas! I just found this recipe and now that I have read that you can pour it and cut them I’m sure going to give them a try. Since I shared this recipe they Jell-O started making caramel pudding. They are so pretty yummy…and easy! Used caramel pudding. I store them in an airtight container. I would love this recipe… Thank you so much, Too much garbage popping up with this recipe. Let me know how it goes! Butterscotch chips are always a great addition! Hi Lara. Even my boys, who don’t know how to cook anything, can make this one! Just a quick tip if making these for gluten intolerant or celiac people. These are seriously delicious and a big hit with the family. what do you mean by 15.1 instant butterscotch pudding? Your email address will not be published. Yummy! They’ll still taste great though! This is me again I use (3) 3.4 oz. Salted Caramel Stuffed Chocolate Cookies. Please let me know if you try it though. It’s one 5.1 ounce bo of instant butterscotch pudding. I like my chocolate a little separated from the caramel so you get a little of everything in each bite. Dumping a box in makes my life easier…not better…just easier! I never do that though and they always set up just fine. Those look awesome and I love how simple they are to make! Good luck! I searched the internet, but came up with nothing, so I took my favorite chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, changed the ratio of brown sugar to white sugar and substituted Heath bits, crushed pretzels, and white chocolate chips for the chocolate. Maybe just me. Good luck! I thought i had evaporated milk but it is condensed milk would this work as well i know it is thicker. And I didn’t completely fill the 2nd cup of sugar. Sprinkle a little bit of the sea salt over cookies. Hi Amy, Does it matter what type of oats are used? It should take you straight to a printable recipe. I’m going to make these next time! And I hope that my men feel the love in every bite. Of course, the vanilla won’t give it that rich buttery flavor though. Hi there farmgirl! A rolling boil is a gentle boil that doesn’t stop even when it’s being stirred. These cookies are easy enough to make even on busy days! If it doesn’t work let me know and I’ll make sure I get it to you! Could you please post them . These cookies don’t actually have caramels in them. 5-10 minutes? As I would love to try it . I stir in the rest of the ingredients and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then scoop out. Hmmm! Worked fine. I live in Sweden and butterscotch pudding is not available here. Combine the butter and sugars together until it is creamy. I’ve already made the cookies but I guess I didn’t let it cool enough. I don’t see a recipe with the amounts of each ingredient. If you’re serving guests or need to bring a dessert to a party, this one is pretty impressive — especially when you consider how easy it is to make. I can only imagine how yummy these would be with caramel bits! Peanut Butter No-Bake Cereal Cookies Recipe, No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies – Dangerously Easy and Addicting, The Best Classic No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe, 50 No Bake Cookies - Prudent Penny Pincher, 200 Cheap and Easy No Bake Desserts - Prudent Penny Pincher, 50 No Bake Cookies | Prudent Penny Pincher. And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. Both of these were taking more time than I had so after I had about 40 and still having about half the dough left, I patted the rest into a greased 8×8 square pan. Thank you so much for sharing!!! If you click that it should take you straight the the printable recipe complete with amounts of ingredients and instructions. I also made them much smaller than called for I guess; I wanted bite-size. Thanks! Oatmeal […], […] Caramel Cookies from Little Dairy On the Prairie […], […] Adapted from Barefeet In The Kitchen […]. I used steel-cut oats for half the oats, because I ran out of regular oats, and it still worked great! Thanks for letting me know. I’ve always just used “regular” milk with great results. Let me know if you have any questions. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sometimes it’s a little hard to find the instant kind so I stock up when I find it! After one bite of a Heath salted caramel cookie from Starbucks I knew I would have to find the recipe. I added the pudding mix with the oats. Let me know if I can further help you! Very sweet!! Grab a glass of milk and enjoy! Reducing the amount of oats would also make them thinner. Enjoy! Other recipes I’ve seen do sub these 2 sweeteners. I guess I’ll just keep making the other half box of pudding powder into pudding. I throw the sugar, butter and milk in an 8 cup bowl and microwave it for 6 minutes – its usually close to the top of the bowl at that point. Heck, even if you have to eat these cookies with a spoon I bet they will taste good. These are great if you just need that small hit of sugar now and then and I plan on experimenting with different flavors too like maybe banana pudding or coconut…the possibilities are endliess! Great flavour, but are a bit sweet for my family’s taste. Everyone loves these thick, soft, chewy, and caramel-y cookies because they taste like salted caramel cookie … Let it cool while you line a cookie sheet with wax paper, you could sweep the floor while the cookies cool a little too…if you hurry you can sweep the floor. Hi I’m Amy! Happy Fall! Yes! I love no-bake cookies, and I love caramel! Hi Laurie! Another reader suggested weighing pudding mix and using 5.1 ounces. They are sugar free. Yes! I’ll check with my ad company and make sure they clean my page up a little! Great question! Smooth salted caramel, crunchy toffee chips, and chocolate wrapped up in one super easy No Bake Caramel Cookie! And, thanks for the great substitution suggestions! I find the toffee chips. How long do I let cool? I’m wondering if it’s the evaporated milk that helps with that? Good luck! Making these into bar cookies is a great idea! Thanks for sharing your talents with us! These 6-ingredient No-Bake Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars are decadent and rich, yet healthy and easy to make! No-bake caramel pretzel cookie & cheesecake mousse | MICHIGAN GROWN. I’m guessing it might make a thinner cookie. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe! Once in awhile I have company that must eat gluten free and when it comes to serving dessert I’m stumped every time. They are pretty delicious! It needs to boil hard enough that it doesn’t stop boiling when you stir it! These No-Bake Salted Caramel Coconut Macaroons are so very easy that they may just become your go-to cookie recipe when you need something fast. I’ll be trying these for sure, and tweaking other recipes accordingly! I’m so glad you loved this easy recipe! Make sure the oats are certified gluten free – some brands are packaged in factories where cross contamination with wheat products can happen. Had a very difficult time. The Salted Caramel Chocolate Oreo Bars came about pretty honestly. Great idea and thanks for sharing the results. They do melt a little bit, but that doesn’ really bother me! I’ll let you know if I try it and you let me know if you try it! I can’t find Butterscotch flavor in that size locally. The good news is that there’s no indication that the candy bar is limited-edition, so let’s hope that means it’s around for the long haul. Thank you! I need to try that ASAP! And for how long. If you let the mixture boil just a little bit longer it might help with the cookies to still set up firm enough. This post is sponsored by TheFeedFeed and If You Care. Hi Jennifer. I made these cookies and they didn’t set up all the way what did I do wrong they have a great taste. Since my butter and milk were cold – didn’t have evaporated milk so I just used “regular” milk – I cooked it on high for 9 minutes to get it to a full rolling boil. I store them in an air tight container. However, I’ve tried using rice cereal in traditional no bake cookies and it gets really chewy…not good. I went ahead and made these without waiting for answers cuz I need something to take to game night tonight and do NOT want to turn the oven on in this heat. You can use old fashioned oats instead of quick cooking oats. If you want a thinner cookie you could reduce the cooking time of the mixture too. Happy Holidays! Made these this morning and boy are they addictive lol I tend to scorch things on the stove ( I get distracted a bit too easy I guess) so I made it in the microwave. I’ve never tried using cook and serve pudding in this recipe so I’m not sure how it would turn out. Having about half of these left after Friday night and not wanting (needing) to finish the rest myself (I live alone) I broke up the rest into smaller pieces and used them in a trflfe for a potluck; this also went over very well. This recipe originally called for a 5/1 ounce package of butterscotch pudding. These 2-layer vegan bars are perfect for breakfast, snack, or dessert! Sprinkle each cookie with a pinch of sea salt. A dark chocolate cookie is stuffed with a Milky Way bar and sprinkled with sea salt. This sounds like something I can manage with the help of a young women who helps me. Coconut is a great addition in these cookies. I usually wait for about 5 minutes then stir the chocolate chips in. The flavor is great. I’m adding them to my “must have” Christmas goodies list! Happy fall! Old fashioned oats are a little bigger and chewier than rolled or quick-cooking oats. In the baking section at the grocery store near the chocolate chips. I’m sure you could use regular milk, although I haven’t tried it. You’ll have to take a peek around my site, it’s full of quick and easy recipes. 15 %. I’ve never tried that so I can’t say for sure. It seems a bit out there but you could try it. I know that is a pain and leaves you with a half used package of pudding.Hopefully you find a method that works for you because these cookies are worth it! DELICIOUS! That’s when I resorted to No Bake Caramel Cookies! 46.2 g I did let the mixture boil a minute and they seemed perfectly firm enough. I always double the batch and use (3)4.3 ounce pkgs of the pudding! I found a 5.1 oz package of butterscotch pudding at my local Walmart. I even boiled for one minute to see if that’s what was wrong. You need to make them ASAP! Enjoy! They’re ultra gooey and delicious! SO good and so easy. Omg! Sorry to hear that. Get Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Drizzled with caramel, loaded with chocolate and sprinkled with just a touch of sea salt, these gooey brownies prove it’s okay to be a little salty sometimes. My Stamina Is severely injured but I love making goodies for my family. Although we are in the business of raising cattle, we really are in the business of raising boys. This is so odd to me as I live in a major city. Glad you enjoy them! If you cook the mixture too long the cookies will be hard and dry. This amazing salted caramel chocolate pie is so good! It’s all about simply delicious food around here! There should be a gray box at the bottom of the post that says something like “click here for the recipe”. Everyone has a few food obsessions. You could try reducing the amount of milk to 1/3 of a cup. Box either. If you cook it too fast it the cookies will most likely be runny or sticky. I store them in an airtight container but not in the fridge! You need to bring butter, sugar and evaporated milk to a full rolling boil over. Filed Under: Cookies, Desserts, No Bake Tagged With: Caramel, cookies, No Bake, Your email address will not be published. The amount of sugar you used would definitly affect the way the cookies set up. I am so excited to make these No Bake Carmel Cookies. Oreo cheesecake brownies, cast iron skillet blueberry cobbler, or this chocolate mayonnaise cake. It’s so fun to play with all the different flavor combinations! Salted Caramel Brown Sugar Cookies are soft, chewy and full of amazing flavor. I’m glad you found a way to make them work for you! These cookies are fantastic!! And so easy to make! A reader told me they used a 4 oz. I just bring it to a rolling boil, basically a gently boil that doesn’t stop when you stir. Sorry, I forgot to include that in the instructions. Or do you immediately take it off the heat? You do have to work kinda quickly, as it cools what is left is getting crumbly and you have to work harder to mush them into cookies. Nope! Sprinkled with a bit of turbinado sugar and coarse salt, Total Carbohydrate Today is the first day I’ve been home since my boys started school. Still don’t know how I did the translation to 3 “sticks”, but my daughters and ladies at work got a laugh when I told then what I did. Just cook and serve. I used the Jell-o brand. And use sugar free pudding? Thank you they sound delicious making them tomorrow. 17 No-Bake Cookie Recipes You'll Love To Death | Chief Health, 37 Best Easy No Bake Cookie Recipes - Quick 5 minutes DIY Crafts Ideas. It’s dry pudding mix. I’ve wanted to try it too. The next day I figured it out! Let me know if you aren’t seeing it and I’ll make sure to get it to you! I am fearful these will be gone before Christmas, but I went ahead and made them anyway. My mom used to make these so I have been making them for years. Sounds like you have your substutions all figured out. I’m glad everyone enjoyed them! That’s a game changer when you need a treat really FAST! […] Mini Cheesecakes 17. I freeze my Classic Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies and it works great though. I am in the process of making them now and I am adding more milk. Even though it was my intention of making cookies for the boys to come home to, the same thing happened to me that always happens and I got busy doing other things and could see I was running out of time. Can’t wait to hear comments from friends I share with. Store at room temperature in an airtight container. Thank you for your recipes. Thanks for the suggestions. these are a keeper. Yes! Made pudding with the other half. Thanks for stopping by! How to Make Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Add chocolate chips, toffee chips, and give it a quick stir. Mix butter and sugars for several minutes, until light and fluffy. Glad you enjoyed them! After the mixture reaches a full rolling boil, how long do you boil it? As soon as it hits a full rolling boil (meaning it’s completely bubbling across the top and doesn’t stop boiling when being stirred) I take it off the heat. Oh, man! Frosted Brownies 18. Scoop the cookie dough with a cookie scoop (we use size 20 scoop). Using the microwave is a fantastic idea! My boys devour them in no time so I’ve never had a chance to even try freezing them. Kind regards, Kristen Andersson. These look like an awesome variation! YES! Maybe that will help. I’m glad they were a hit! I love that I can do butterscotch or chocolate. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work though. These sound awesome. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Thanks to brown butter, caramel, salt and a chocolate drizzle you can’t go wrong. … And you can’t go wrong with adding chocolate chips and caramel! A double batch is such a great idea! I used gluten free certified oats and surprisingly instant pudding is gluten free as well so there’s no issues for her. Then fold in toffee, pretzels and white chocolate chips. These Salted Caramel White Chocolate Cookies are a moist, chewy cookie with caramel & white chocolate chunks in the dough, all sprinkled with fleur de sel! I’ve never tried it with cook and serve pudding. While this isn’t absolutely necessary, mixing the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl is important because it disperses the leavening ingredients such as baking soda throughout the flour. You don’t want to over stir or the chocolate chips will melt everywhere, which probably wouldn’t be an entirely bad thing. And they did taste awesome however we did have to eat them with a spoon.. People at work were just cleaning them off the waxed paper with their fingers!! I’m wondering if the first mixture might have been boiled a little too long? We Love them❤️ Thank you for the recipe!! So if you want to add a cup of coconut, reduce oats by a cup. Just made these, first batch ever. Do you think I could sub Stevia for the sugar? Yay! That’s a tough one. Thank you. I can’t find instant pudding anywhere period. I bet you can relate! Hi Denise! A helpful tip is to make sure you have a chunk of chocolate on the top of the mound of dough. The butterscotch pudding is it like angel delight or is it like a ready made pudding?? . I don’t throw around the term ‘the best’ lightly, but these truly are the best salted caramel chocolate chip cookies…EVER! I’m sure your family would love them! pkg of pudding. I always use evaporated milk in my no bake cookies and they always turn out! Bake until golden brown, about 13 minutes, switching the baking sheets top rack to bottom rack halfway through. I think you could easily substitute any flavor of instant pudding in these cookies. That should make for an easy transition! of salt? I bet the cookies would still taste good! We will definitely be making these again!! I live on a dairy with my husband and three boys. They are amazing and so easy to make! Happy Fall! Hello just browsed your receipe for no bake caramel cookies it looks awesome however I’m a bit thick !!! I will report back! Fluffy Pumpkin Pie Dip 20. It’s hard to say exactly how long these cookies need to boil. They didn’t turn out to be as good as when I weighed out 5.1 ounces of powder from 2 boxes of the 4 serving size. Combine brown sugar, white sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat with an electric … Who knows how it will turn out. Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookies are perfectly soft, chewy and delicious! We don’t have any in the area I live in (Florida) and don’t care to pay $15 for 4 boxes of it on Amazon. I really want to make these! Let me know what other recipes you try out! Stevia probably won’t ever set up. A super easy, one bowl recipe that is perfectly spiced with just a touch of cinnamon, loaded with chewy caramel bits and finished with flake sea salt. Help? My best guess is that maybe you didn’t get the milk/butter/sugar mixture to a full rolling boil. Thank you Amy. I only had a small box so I added abt 1/2 c butterscotch chips hope they set up. Checking for this can save a lot of pain and grief for those that can’t eat gluten! I have a question, you say to a rolling boil is that soft ball stage? For some people, it's chocolate… Old-fashioned rolled? I love milk chocolate! I can’t think of a thing not to love about these cookies! These just happen to be super easy! Very easy to make. Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Even if you have never baked cookies in your life once, you will know they are not difficult at all! I started with laundry, dishes, sprayed weeds in the yard, paid a few bills, and picked up my boy’s rooms. Beat brown sugar, butter, and white sugar together in a bowl using an electric mixer until creamy. Is that a small box of instant pudding mix ? Usually, I’m in the more “butter is more better” camp, but when it comes to making cookies that probably wouldn’t work the best! Either will work great, but you’ll get a bit of a different texture depending on the kind of oats used! The king-size Hershey’s Milk Chocolate with Salted Caramel Cookies bar is listed on Walmart’s website for $1.48, but it’s unclear whether it’s an exclusive. They’re so easy and yummy! As a home baker, always adding to my repertoire.