Ça fait déjà plus d’un an que j’ai le pot, ça a aidé à la poussé de la barbe et à une très bonne odeur, Reviewed in the United States on October 28, 2018. I also use the beard oil prior to using the balm. Overall, coconut oil is definitely a goodie for the hair and dry skin. Please try again. If you are looking for rich emollient benefits + more, shea is hard to beat. Argan oil - the "liquid gold of Morocco" that contains 80% unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic mainly), and antioxidant vitamin E and phenols. Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cocoa) The latter one, the humectant property, is surprising and comes from the unique property of ricinoleic acid (the dominant fatty acid in castor oil)  having an extra water-loving -OH group on its otherwise oil-loving fatty chain. It's also claimed to be able to neutralize collagen-damaging free radicals, help reduce scars, and revitalize and improve skin elasticity. After one day I felt compelled to write a review. Use your fingers to message the balm onto your beard and roots. Contains squalane, which is closest to the natural sebum oil. Ingredients overview Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera Oil, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Shape, smooth and define facial hair with this SheaMoisture Beard Balm formulated with natural ingredients that nourish beard hair with Maracuja infused Shea Butter for a well-groomed beard all day long. A chemically modified version of castor oil that results in a solid, waxy material that serves as an emollient and consistency building material. It comes from the seeds of African Shea or Karite Trees and used as a magic moisturizer and emollient. It is an age-old ingredient (it’s over 4,000 years old!) An error has occurred. A goodie plant oil coming from the polyphenol-rich seeds of the grape. As for hair care, coconut oil has pretty solid research showing that it can penetrate into the hair very well (better than mineral oil and sunflower oil) and it can prevent hair protein loss as well as combing damage. It is also more glossy than other oils, in fact, it creates the highest gloss of all natural oils when applied to the skin. Thanks. It's a light emollient oil that makes your skin feel smooth and nice and also contains a bunch of good-for-the-skin stuff. We do not have any recommendations at this time, Shea Moisture Mens Beard Balm, All Natural ingredients, Made With Maracuja Infused Shea Butter, Shape-Smooth & Define, 4 Ounce, Define and style: Smoothens rough, unmanageable beard hair and adds definition, Moisturizes: High on the properties of Maracuja oil and Shea Butter, SheaMoisture Men’s Beard Balm delivers nourishing miniaturization to beard hair and skin, Rejuvenates: Maracuja oil, along with the properties of Vitamin C rejuvenates dull, lifeless, beard hair and adds a subtle sheen, Smells great: This formula from SheaMoisture not just feels great and makes the beard super soft, it smells great and leaves a lingering soft aroma, Non-greasy: Non-greasy, non-sticky, this beard balm does not leave residue in beard hair and make it feel heavy. SheaMoisture Beard Balm Maracuja Oil And Shea Butter. 1. Shea Moisture Complete Beard Kit | All Natural Ingredients | Maracuja Oil & Shea Butter | Beard Balm | Beard Conditioning Oil | Beard Wash | Beard Confirmed superior to Rocky Mountain Beard Balm. Maracuja-infused shea butter helps to seal in the nourishing and moisturizing effects of this balm to shape, smooth and define facial hair for a well-groomed beard all day long. Please try your search again later. This current balm from Shea Moisture is amazing because you only need a tiny amount and most importantly it makes the beard look very subtly enhanced and makes the beard very easy to shape. I started using this product again and it's exactly what my beard needs. According to famous dermatologist, Leslie Baumann while tocopheryl acetate is more stable and has a longer shelf life, it’s also more poorly absorbed by the skin and may not have the same awesome photoprotective effects as pure Vit E. Exactly what it sounds: nice smelling stuff put into cosmetic products so that the end product also smells nice. Good Hold and Provides Shine (can be used as a Pomade), Reviewed in the United Kingdom on December 23, 2019. I wonder if I can return my expensive order? Please try again later! It also has some unique moisturizing properties as it is both occlusive and humectant. Shea Moisture Mens Beard Balm, All Natural ingredients, Made With Maracuja Infused Shea Butter…. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. But it's not only a simple emollient, it regenerates and soothes the skin, protects it from external factors (such as UV rays or wind) and is also rich in antioxidants (among others vitamin A, E, F, quercetin and epigallocatechin gallate). It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. It works both as a leave-in conditioner and as a styling or shaping product. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. The seeds are collected and smashed with a stone to get the kernels inside. Not that it's not good, it is good, even great but reading the research about argan and a bunch of other plant oils we just do not see the big, unique differentiating factor (though that might be our fault not reading enough, obvs.). To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. So if you have some pure TTO at home, know that storage matters, keep it in a cool, dry, dark place and use it up in a reasonable amount of time. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. It is an age-old ingredient (it’s over 4,000 years old!) You can read all about the pure form here. The emollient plant oil coming from the passion fruit. It also helps seal nourishing moisture and it only takes a small amount to see fantastic results! It also contains a relatively large amount of antioxidant vitamin E (600-900 mg/kg, about twice as much as olive), small amounts of antioxidant phenols (including caffeic acid, ferulic acid, and epicatechin), as well as some rare sterols with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Infused with shea butter, this 4-piece set is incredibly nourishing and moisturizing for the skin and hair. Terpinen-4-ol is considered to be the main active component but as a great article in Clinical Microbiology Reviews states "while some TTO components may be considered less active, none can be considered inactive" and most components contribute to TTO's strong antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal effects. Dubbed as the "liquid gold of Morocco", we have to admit we have some trouble determining why this oil enjoys such a special miracle status. pump-bottle will last a … Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Nevertheless, Shea Moisture also produces excellent products for men, including an exhilarating beard balm. This product may not be right for you. Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product. The emollient plant oil coming from the passion fruit. The four essential ingredients are going to be the beeswax, Shea butter, carrier oils, and essential oils. Similar to other essential oils, tea tree oil is a very complex chemical mixture consisting of about 100 components, the major ones being terpinen-4-ol (40%), γ-Terpinene (23%) and α-Terpinene (10%). Rub it into your beard and it solidifies into a very protective barrier for the hair. Regarding the hardness, use the back of your thumb nail to scrape out the product. Some of the best ingredients to use to soften beard hair are coconut oil, mango butter, essential oils, and olive oil. Shea Moisture Mens Beard Balm, All Natural ingredients, Made With Maracuja Infused Shea Butter, Shape-Smooth & Define, 4 Ounce 4.5 out of 5 stars 455 10 … In this case, the Shea Moisture Men Beard Care Collection includes the following four products: Maracuja Oil and Shea Butter Face a & Beard Wash Maracuja Oil and Shea Butter Beard Full Beard Detangler Maracuja and Shea Oils Beard Conditioning Oil If your skin is acne-prone, TTO is something to experiment with. I have tried various balms, waxes, oils and etc. Just like the hair on the head, beard hair should be moisturized regularly to foster growth. The famous tea tree oil. Fast and free shipping free returns cash on delivery available on eligible purchase. Earth's natural ingredients like shea butter, eucalyptus oil, and tea tree combine for a vitamin-packed balm that will give your beard more thickness with an irresistible soft touch. A good-quality beard balm moisturizes, delivers hold, and promotes the appearance of lush face foliage. There was a problem completing your request. You can even read that argan might help acne-prone skin, but being a high oleic oil, we would be careful with that. Unlike other fatty acids, ricinoleic acid has an extra water-loving part (aka -OH group) on its fatty chain that gives Castor Oil several unique properties. with many uses including as a shoe polish, food additive and motor lubricant. This protection lasts a very long time and keeps my beard together and neat all day. While it is very unlikely (and this is true for pretty much every ingredient), cases of reactions to castor oil have been reported, so if your skin is sensitive, it never hurts to patch test. Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Read more on how to read an ingredient list >>, You can read all about the pure form here. Castor oil is sourced from the castor bean plant native to tropical areas in Eastern Africa and the Mediterranean Basin. Shea contains robust amounts of Vitamin A, and Vitamin E. The main purposes of Shea butter in our balms are softening of the hair and skin, removal of free radicals in the skin and follicles, delivery of nutrients and adding a great shine to the hair. Heals dry skin and protects the skin’s natural oils. This is the perfect product for me. We will talk here about the latter two and see why we might want to smear it all over ourselves. The tree is slow growing and getting the oil is a hard job. Shape, smooth and define facial hair with this SheaMoisture Beard Balm formulated with natural ingredients that nourish beard hair with Maracuja infused Shea Butter for a well-groomed beard all day long. SOFTENS AND CONDITIONS BEARDS. Disclaimer:While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. One of the best known essential oils which comes from Australia where it has been used for almost 100 years for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory actions. The former one is common for oils and waxes and it means that it sits on top of the skin hindering water to evaporate out of the top layers. A vegetable wax coming from the leaves of the Brazilian tropical palm tree, Copernicia cerifera. Castor oil is sourced from the castor bean plant native to tropical areas in Eastern Africa and the Mediterranean Basin. A goodie plant oil coming from the polyphenol-rich seeds of the grape. Unlike many plant oils that mostly contain unsaturated fatty acids (fatty acids with double bonds and kinky structure such as linoleic or oleic), coconut oil is mostly saturated (fatty acids with single bonds only) and its most important fatty acid is Lauric Acid (about 50%). Firstly i bought this beard balm as Shea moisture had ran out of the hair pomade on their site. 209 Reviews. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. So what is so special about it? SOFTENS AND CONDITIONS BEARDS. Featuring maracuja oil, it’s packed with vitamin C and a variety of other natural ingredients. COMPLETE FACIAL HAIR SET. This nourishing balm also provides shine on days when you want more texture added to your beard. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages that interest you. I scrape a good bit with the front of my nail and I rub it between my hands to warm it until its smooth and managable. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Try it at your own risk. Ingredients for the Beard Balm. The question is if it is good or bad for acne-prone skin. Shea Moisture Mens Beard Balm, All Natural ingredients, Made With Maracuja Infused Shea Butter, Shape-Smooth & Define, 4 Ounce: Amazon.ca: Health & Personal Care I first tried this balm about 3 years ago and I didn't like using it because its very thick. They were great for moisturizing, but offer very little in protection. bottle of SheaMoisture Men Maracuja & Shea Butter Beard Wash. Specs & Details. Thicker fuller beards will want to try our shea butter infused styling beard balm for extra shape shine and definition. HOWEVER works just as well as the pomade as all ingredients are natural and safe enough to use on beard then defo safe for the hair on your head. I recommend this hand down over Rocky Mountain’s beard balm. It's a light emollient oil that is a great source of antioxidant polyphenols, barrier repair fatty acid linoleic acid and antioxidant, skin-protectant vitamin E. There is definitely some craze going on for coconut oil both in the healthy eating space (often claimed to be the healthiest oil to cook with but this is a topic for another site) and in the skin and hair care space. I purchased the Shea Moisture Maracula Oil & Shea Butter Beard Wash along with the additional three items in the line (beard conditioning oil, full beard detangler, and beard balm) for my fiancé after he complained to me about his beard feeling dry and itchy. Because of great all-natural ingredients like Shea Butter, Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Avocado Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Grape Seed Oil, and Vitamin E, Beard Butter will serve as a deep conditioner to soften and control your beard hairs while also giving you a light to medium hold to tame flyaway hairs and shape your beard without leaving it too tacky or hard. 3. dissolves in alcohol but not in mineral oil), and it allows all kinds of chemical modifications other oils do not, hence the lots of Castor oil-derived ingredients. 1 x 6 fl. While some claim that it worked wonders on their acne others say that it gave them serious blackheads and zits. Another study found that coconut oil is more effective than mineral oil in treating mild to moderate atopic dermatitis (aka eczema) in children. Fragrance in the US and parfum in the EU is a generic term on the ingredient list that is made up of 30 to 50 chemicals on average (but it can have as much as 200 components!). So, argan oil comes from the kernel of the argan fruit that comes from the argan tree that grows only in Morocco. Labmuffin has an awesome blogpost explaining in more detail why coconut oil is good for your hair. for my beard. It is also soothing and rich in antioxidants. If you have problems with damaged hair, split ends, coconut oil is worth trying as a pre- or/and post-wash treatment. It’s also what gives this recipe a pomade-like texture so it helps with beard styling too. Unless you live under a rock you must have heard about shea butter. It’s the most commonly used version of pure vitamin E in cosmetics. It’s the number one cause of contact allergy to cosmetics. Please see our full disclaimer below. The essential ingredient in any beard balm … Baby Toys; Diapering; Feeding; Health & Safety; Bath You would be reasonable to think that putting shoe polish on your face wouldn’t be the best idea, but it turns out castor oil has some unique properties that make it a stalwart in thick and gloss-giving formulas (think lipsticks and highlighters). Prime members enjoy Free Two-Day Shipping, Free Same-Day or One-Day Delivery to select areas, Prime Video, Prime Music, Prime Reading, and more. oz. First, it is thicker than other oils, then its solubility is different (e.g. The generic term for nice smelling stuff put into cosmetic products so that the end product also smells nice. Multiple studies confirm that TTO is effective against the evil acne-causing bacteria called P. acnes and the effectiveness of 5% TTO gel is comparable to the gold standard anti-acne treatment, 5% Benzoyl Peroxide lotion. Buy Shea Moisture Complete Beard Kit | All Natural Ingredients | Maracuja Oil & Shea Butter | Beard Balm | Beard Conditioning Oil | Beard Wash | Beard Detangler | Gift Box online on Amazon.ae at best prices. I have a long coarse coiled beard that gets really dry. Regarding TTO and sensitive skin, we say that you should be careful. It's highly nourishing and moisturizing both for skin and hair. Once the kernels are obtained, the oil is pressed out from them (the kernels contain about 50% oil). COMPLETE FACIAL HAIR SET. It also has some unique moisturizing properties as it is both occlusive and humectant. It's a great source of antioxidant polyphenols, barrier repair fatty acid linoleic acid (about 55-77%, while oleic acid is about 12-27%) and antioxidant, skin-protectant vitamin E. There is definitely some craze going on for coconut oil both in the healthy eating space (often claimed to be the healthiest oil to cook with but this is a topic for another site) and in the skin and hair care space. oz. Products are safe and gentle enough to use every day. Using these ingredients and by following some steps highlighted above, one can make a perfect beard balm. Every Man Jack Beard Butter, Sandalwood - 114gm. Some bad some great but this is the best so far. Made with safe, nontoxic ingredients, these products make clean simple. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. The Shea Moisture Beard Oil and Balm Grooming Kit for Men are a Godsend. people commenting in forums) shows that people have mixed experiences. If you are someone who likes to know what you put on your face then fragrance is not your best friend - there's no way to know what’s really in it. We do a Best of INCIDecoder email once a month with the most interesting products and ingredients we bump into. 1 x 4 fl. Though comedogenic ratings are not very reliable, anecdotal evidence (i.e. Yes, it is thick but that's exactly what my beard needs. Apply more than needed. The former one is common for oils and waxes and it means that it sits on top of the skin hindering water to evaporate out of the top layers. Maracuja infused Shea butter helps seal in the nourishing and moisturizing effects of this styling balm. For those with thin straight and/or short hair, this might not be the product for you. Typical ingredients include shea butter, lanolin, and beeswax, while argan or jojoba oil may also be included. Keep your beard game and beard-care regimen complete with this moisture rich collection. It is a high-linoleic acid oil (about 70% LA and 15% oleic acid), that makes your skin feel nice and smooth and supports a healthy skin barrier. Shea Moisture Mens Beard Conditioning Oil, All Natural ingredients, Made With Maracuja & Shea Oils, Soften and Condition while Restoring moisture to full beard, 3.2 Ounce, Shea Moisture Mens Beard Wash, Premium All Natural ingredients, Maracuja Oil & Shea Butter Deep Clean & Refresh Cleanser, 6 Ounce, SheaMoisture Beard Balm for dry skin Maracuja Oil and Shea Butter grooming without tugging 118 ml, Shea Moisture Maracuja Oil & Shea Butter Beard Balm 118ml, 118 Milliliters, Shea Moisture Maracuja Oil & Shea Butter Beard Conditioning Oil 95ml, 95 Milliliters, FOR REAL MEN Silky Smooth Beard Balm - Made for Thickening Facial Hairs, Gives Natural Hold after Shaping and Styling Beard, and Provides 24hr Shine - Persuasive Sweet Scent & for Sensitive Skin - JOIN THE CLUB, ROYBENS 3PCS Silky Durags Pack for Men Waves, Satin Doo Rag, Award 1 Wave Cap. You need to be a bit more patient with TTO, though, as its effects come slower but also with fewer side effects. One of the best known essential oils which comes from Australia where it has been used for almost 100 years for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory actions. The 4 fl oz. We will talk here about the latter two and see why we might want to smear it all over ourselves.