Koa: Koa is a pricier wood as it’s less common. The wood on any one guitar could be different for the top (soundboard) of the body, back and sides of the body, the neck, the fretboard, bracing, the bridge & the headstock. Thanks again and God bless you and yours! The turned piece is much more like the Utile I purchased. You see it all the time when shopping for an acoustic guitar: Sitka spruce top, mahogany back and sides, rosewood bridge, this wood, that wood, another wood. Add to Compare . ), resulting in tearout due to its interlocked grain. The woods we stock at Thompson Mahogany are: African Mahogany/Khaya, Sapele and Utile/Sipo. Do you know much about/have any experience with Okoume? If you paired Walnut back and sides with a Cedar top and a smaller guitar this would be great for finger-style. The rays are small and tight, but glowing, and the color is almost like copper metal. But what it does mean in practical terms is that it produces a strong/meaty mid range sound with more subtle overtones (a very ‘non-abrasive’ sound) which leads to an ‘earthy’ ‘mid-rangy’ sound. Your email address will not be published. It is listed as vulnerable due to a population reduction of over 20% in the past three generations, caused by a decline in its natural range, and exploitation. Pre-Owned. All other comments or questions very welcome also. I think your best bet would be to take it into a guitar store if you have one nearby and they should be able to tell you the tone-woods it’s made from and can probably do any repair work that’s needed or can refer you to someone who can do the work (unless you were going to do it yourself). Black . i would go with a mahogany back and side this is just me but i think okoume is to soft for a good back i know when working with it you get pull outs very easy, Your email address will not be published. Donner votre avis Votre avis a été enregistré Voir tous les avis. We want to improve global expertise in the craft of guitar making and adapt our knowledge to ecological needs. If you can’t trace where it came from, then you probably shouldn’t be using it. I am looking at purchasing a new dreadnought steel acoustic, and have landed on a guitar with a Sitka Spruce top and Okoume back and sides. You can see then why the soundboard is so important. This was very informative and I will be using your advise in the near future. 4. Allergies/Toxicity: ... See the articles Wood Allergies and Toxicity and Wood Dust Safety for more information. 4. I was planning on building a six string acoustic but this being my first time I have no idea where to begin. There are many influences on the sound of the guitar (body shape, bracing, strings, bridge saddle etc), but the type of wood used is one of the most influential. It can enhance the mid range tones and add meatiness/thickness to the sound. It’s sometimes mistakenly referred to as African mahogany because it closely resembles the West African wood khaya, which is commercially known as African mahogany. I’m looking to buy a high-end guitar so a cheaper material/sound may be a deal breaker for me. Hi there, thanks for the guide! So they have a variety of different sounding guitars – if you can be more specific with the model of Gibson that you are wanting to emulate that would be helpful. 27,60 € (-5,00%) 26,22 € détails acheter. 4. 1029 clients ont donné leur avis dans une autre langue, ou ont simplement noté le produit sans rédiger d’avis. As such, each project demands its own approach. Guitar Body Blanks : Honduran Mahogany: Swamp Ash: Alder : Honduran Mahogany Body Blanks: 1 3/4 x 14 x 21" One Piece: $148.00: ADD TO CART: 1 3/4 x 16 x 22" One Piece: $185.00: ADD TO CART: 1 3/4 x 18 x 24" One Piece: $237.00: ADD TO CART : 1 3/4 x 14 x 21" One Piece - … 17,50 € (-5,03%) 16,62 € détails acheter. The best woods for fretboards are rosewood and ebony. Guitar Tone Woods A tone guide for Guitar Tone Woods. Bienvenue dans l'univers du guitariste ! And is it just a cheap alternative to mahogany?