A few observations are as follows. Thread starter abheek; Start date Apr 22, 2011; A. abheek. Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive? I have a BenQ 27 inch monitor. I try this QuickSET touch button, and I try to set the "SCREEN TURN OFF… However, this only happens sometimes and not all … I'm not sure what or how a cable issue would manifest itself in this way. 1] Use the Project option from the Action Center Action Center in Windows 10, offers some one-click options to … Hello guys, So my problem is this, i have an Asus TUF laptop that is connected to a 24 inch DELL monitor with HDMI. Can't seem to figure this out. The computer is still running though. If I connect my laptop to an external monitor using a HDMI cable the laptop screen flicks to black. To turn off the laptop screen when using an external monitor, follow this guide. I have a Dell laptop computer attached to my big screen TV in the living room and when you close the top, the the big screen TV will go black. It only shuts off once I stand up. Anyone have any inkling what the fuck is going on? I have a laptop + 2 Dell P2414H. 0 mips42 Prominent. Running Windows 10. I have a laptop + 2 Dell P2414H. Monitor won't turn on :(, works fine with external monitor + image when shone with light: Solved! I want to save my laptop's screen life by not over-using it. Sometimes it even happens if I just rearrange how I'm sitting in my chair. It's something on me, rather than those. My external monitor shuts off when I close my laptop. Turn off laptop screen when using external monitor windows 10 Windows computers let you customize your primary and secondary display when working with external displays. All I want is having my Asus monitor ON and the LED Macbook display OFF (doesn't matter if the Mac will be closed or opened, all i want is it to be off). I stand up to walk away, Boom. I have a laptop monitor and an external monitor and set things up so the display is extended On my old Windows 10 laptop, when I shut the lid of the laptop, all the windows on that screen would just move to external monitor. If I close the lid, the external monitor did not show any freeze or change the resolution. Totally fine. I connected an external display to my laptop now no internal in Drivers and Hardware. This comment was posted by a bot, see r/Meta_Bot for more info. Re: External Monitor shuts off when lid closed I have a Latitude C400 mated to a port replicator with an external display. But when the laptop is open, both the monitors, and the laptop screen show up fine. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Turn off laptop screen when using external monitor windows 10. Laptop screen is fine. Power plan set I have a Surface Pro w/ Windows 8, Touch keyboard, and an external (non-touch) monitor. If anybody is knowledgeable about the issue, please educate me. When a monitor overheats, it shuts off to prevent damage to the circuitry inside. external monitor, want to close the laptop but it turns off: Laptop Tech Support: 2: Nov 12, 2013: M: Laptop lid will not close and allow my monitor to work: Laptop Tech Support: 1: Nov 6, 2013: N: No audio using external monitors with laptop closed: Laptop Tech Support: 2: Apr 29, 2012 Laptop: HP ProBook 450 G1 (windows 7 professional) Two external monitors: Pavilion 27xw Plugable USB 3.0 Docking station I want to close the lid of my laptop and use only the two external displays. Every other laptop I have had has behaved this way correctly, there is something about this Spectre that is making it shut off, so the display shifts entirely to the external monitor instead of being extended from the laptop. I am a little unclear as to how I set the Asus monitor as Screen … Any ideas? I have two external monitors plugged in through the dock I have for the laptop, plus a USB-to-DVI adapter that is functioning properly. Please respect rediquette, and do not vote or comment on the linked submissions. I hook the monitor to my laptop to have a larger display. My 14 month old laptop has started acting really weird and the warranty expired two months ago. I have two external monitors, one through HDMI, the other through the Thunder Port. Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your laptop? I thought it was standing up quickly, or accidentally yanking my headphone jack, or something. Is it possible this is just a coincidence? Running Windows 10. When this happens, my monitor power light stays yellow as if the monitor is You can switch off laptop screen with external monitor without sleep. Now it won't work unless I close the laptop lid. The problem is that when I close the lid, the laptop automatically turns off the laptop display and stops using the internal video card which leads to minor lag when using the new monitor with only the second graphics display being active. Essentially I want to have my laptop shut with it only displaying to my external monitor. But all of a sudden, now when it close the laptop the display turns off entirely. Blog Forums My Account / Argentina Australia Austria Bangladesh Belarus Belgium Bolivia Brazil Bulgaria Canada Chile Colombia Costa Rica Croatia Cyprus Czech Republic Denmark Dominican … The screen is still on but it's completely black. Like my previous laptop, I'd like to close the Surface Pro, and: 1. I do not understand why the exact 2 hours gap for self-turn off. Learn how to turn off laptop screen when using external monitor in Windows 10. How do I fix this? Currently uploading a new video. Hmmmmm. Someone submitted a link to this comment in the following subreddit: r/bestof: Redditor's computer monitor frustratingly shuts off every time he stands up from his chair. It will always come back on it's own, it just takes a few seconds. Never happened to my old monitor, which was connect via HDMI. As in, with just the laptop screen showing video? I'd like to have all four monitors working at once. The computer is still running though. external monitor, want to close the laptop but it turns off: Laptop Tech Support: 2: Nov 12, 2013: M: Laptop lid will not close and allow my monitor to work: Laptop Tech Support: 1: Nov 6, 2013: N: No audio using external monitors with laptop closed: Laptop Tech Support: 2: Apr 29, 2012 Monitors; Keyboard & Mice ; The Best. my laptop keeps shut down after 9 minutes when connected to external monitor. However, when I shut the lid to my laptop, the external monitor, regardless of the type of connection, will loose video signal from the machine. He could walk in front of it, everything was fine. My monitor goes on standby and it kind of loses signal from the pc because nothing like alt+f4 or stuff like that works. 0 JamesSneed Distinguished. Unplugging the monitor does nothing and the only way to use it again is to hold the power button to manually turn off. After watching the last video you posted to the OP, I'm going to say it's the pin in your shoulder reacting with something in the environment (your chair, perhaps). I have stood up slowly and carefully enough to prove (in my mind) that it's not a jostled connection. If the monitor is overheating, unplug the monitor and let it cool down fully before using it again. I don’t think Razer engineered the exhaust to work efficiently while the lid was closed as opposed to open. Normally when I close the laptop, the external monitor adjusts to its resolution and works fine. In Mac OS X v10.6.8 and earlier, wake the computer up by clicking the mouse button or by pressing a key on your external keyboard. I have the settings set at "do nothing" when the laptop lid is closed with power cord plugged in. Then I sit in the chair and stand up and it dies. September 2, 2020 at 4:58 PM . However, this only happens sometimes and not all of the time. I got a new desk, so I moved everything. I want all my windows to stay on the laptop screen except for the video which I have moved to the external display. However, when I shut the lid to my laptop, the external monitor, regardless of the type of connection, will loose video signal from the machine. The really odd thing is the screen doesn’t come back on until the lid is almost completely closed again. My 14 month old laptop has started acting really weird and the warranty expired two months ago. It's me. Oct 26, 2009 145 0 18,660 8. SHOP SUPPORT. I left those on my desk a few times and it still happens. So, I'm drawing a blank at what else it could be. closing the laptop lid leads to switching my secondary monitor to primary I use an external monitor. Managed to use Spotify either from Firefox or through the local application. It flashes on and then off after a few seconds, then it goes to a black / blank screen. Sometimes I have to power it on and off 20 times before the monitor will work properly, and some days, my monitor won't turn on at all! But it deteriorated gradually to around 90 degrees now. External monitors shut off when Lid closes, Re: External monitors shut off when Lid closes, External Monitor shuts off when lid closed. My laptop is HP Notebook - 15-ac108nm (ENERGY STAR) (P3L77EA) and my external monitor is SAMSUNG C27F390FHU 27' LCD monitor. I have a Studio 1555 laptop and have attached an external (Dell) monitor using a Startech USB to VGA adapter. Redditor's computer monitor frustratingly shuts off every time he stands up from his chair. I do this so that I can use as a desktop with my external monitor with the screen closed and the laptop scurried away from my desktop. This problem initially started at more than 120 degrees (which was not affecting me much). I think it has something with it tries to reload both screens. When I see Movie on the 2nd Monitor, I would like to turn off the screen of the notebook (JUST THE NOTEBOOK). When I close the laptop, all the screens go black, and won't come on again until I open the laptop and re-start. Lenovo Inc. View View. Aug 14, 2017 3 0 510 0. The screen is still on but it's completely black. If it doesn't do it when the webcam is covered, but does do it when the webcam is uncovered then you've got some neat software on your computer(s) that is detecting movement and messing with your display. How to auto turn off laptop screen while using external monitor Lenovo Inc. View View. I have already changed the power settings to "do nothing" when lid is close. Maybe my company is trying to subliminally make it very annoying to stand up and stop working........ No idea what the cause could be, but I'd be interested to see if you can replicate it without your cell phone or wallet on your person. However, just for the conspiracy theorist in me, you might try covering up the webcam with a piece of folded paper and trying to replicate the issue while plugged into an external monitor. Reply. What is likely happening is that the … Also if you have an external monitor loaded and you close the lid the external monitor will turn off and on again (which shouldn't happen). If he closes the screen, then the video to the external display is power off. The issue: Recently the monitor shuts off every 1~2 minutes, and after another 1~2 minutes turns back on. There is no change when I open the lid. how to do window in laptop when laptop starting is just stuck with starting windows no turning on? I suspect this is a processor issue but am not sure. If I open the lid past half way the screen goes black just like I had turned it off. Managed to use Spotify either from Firefox or through the local application. When I close the laptop, all the screens go black, and won't come on again until I open the laptop and re-start. What else can I try? Windows 10. Keep the computer operating, 2. I'm not sure how that action would affect any cables (which are otherwise 100% fine?). The external monitor will still lose signal from the machine when the lid is shut. Screen turned pinkish with green lines - Lenovo Y50 laptop: HELP! I am using my Win 10 laptop either as a standalone laptop or in a desktop setup with an external monitor attached and my lid closed. To re-activate the monitors, must physically lift laptop lid a tad, wait a couple seconds until Windows desktop appears *on laptop* screen, then can close lid.