I do my best to teach you how I easily diagnose problems the fastest, quickest and most efficient way.Whether it be a handheld, two stroke, two cycle engine like chainsaws, weed eaters, string trimmers, grass trimmers, line trimmers, hedge trimmers, strimmers, brush cutters, leaf blowers, or four stroke, four cycle units like lawn mowers, pressure washers, generators, ride on mowers that need parts installed or replaced, I’m your guy.I’ve been a small engine mechanic for many years so my videos are loaded with tips and tricks that I have learned and want to pass on to you. If it does not start, move forward with the diagnostic procedure. Fuel & filters , both ok. Could this problem be caused by dampness in ignition system? Wear leather gloves, set the engine onto the ground and locate a grounded metal point on the engine block. Unless you’re an experienced mechanic, it might be best to … There are a number of causes for why a chainsaw won't start. Just let the chain do its task. Use an ignition coil tester or a multimeter and check if there's an error. Finally, we will name the key components that could inhibit your chainsaw from starting and offer solutions to fix the problem. As a result, be careful. Best Chop Saw Of 2020 For Easy And Accurate Metal Cutting – Reviews & Buying Guide, Top 10 Best Miter Saw Stand Of 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide. The components of gasoline can evaporate over time, so after storing your saw for several weeks in the garage the chemical breakdown of the fuel in … In case you plan to trim small and old branches, the helmet may not be necessary. Reason 2 The chain may not have the right amount of tension. He has degrees in science and humanities and years of teaching experience. However, some chainsaws require a specific level and type of oil. We will show you how to start an electric chainsaw and how it works. How to Use an Electric Chainsaw Sharpener? To determine if the spark plug is defective, remove the spark plug and inspect it. Use the cord lock feature, too. My neighbor got a ryobi chainsaw at Home Depot. Extension cords tested ok. So the combustion chamber doesn't get enough fuel, and as a … Remember not to cut anything from the tip of the chainsaw. Or it may be something fairly simple that a user can diagnose and correct on his own. Charge the chainsaw if it is not turning on. Steve is a qualified small engine mechanic and is working in an open and fully ventilated shop for the purpose of making this video. Checking the tank to ensure it’s not empty is probably one of the first things many people do when a chainsaw won’t stay running. The User Guide From A To Z. Air-cleaning filter – it releases no fumes, removes debris particles from the internal parts of the chainsaw, preventing kickback or sputtering. Is the extension cord plugged in? This may sound like a stupid question but it should be the first thing you should check. When you use the fuel filter for a while without replacing it, dirt's stuck it and gets clogged, and only a little amount of fuel passes through it. It's spring and my chainsaw won't start. It’s a model number 358.34140. Learn how to properly fix or repair your own outdoor power equipment if it won’t start, bogs out, won’t rev up, chain or blade is dull and doesn’t cut good, needs sharpened, or simply just runs poorly.Simple and basic, do it yourself (DIY) tutorials to help you with your broken lawn and garden equipment. We can help you find your model number right away. If the problem is only a small one then it’s possible that you’d just be able to clean it out and your chainsaw will start working once again. Troubleshooting starts with checking fundamentals -- such as switches, fuel and spark plug -- and then … I put in the bar oil and plugged it in and it won't start. Some of the essential safety gears you must use are goggles, gloves, and a helmet. Looked at the manual again an still no luck. Small engines should be operated outside in fully ventilated areas only and it is important that you wear the appropriate safety gear. Solution 1: Spark Plug. Gas Check. Report This by Manage My Life. A McCulloch chain saw that won't keep running may have a major problem. Start by looking at the basics such as fuel, spark plugs, and switches, and if making adjustments does not resolve the issue, examine other parts of your chainsaw. Get more answers from the people in your networks . One of them must be the problem. It can stay hot for 10 minutes, so keep it away from children and pets. Chainsaws are complicated machines and trying to find out why my chainsaw won’t start can be a long-drawn-out process. Common solutions for: Chainsaw won't start 01 - Spark Plug The spark plug might be defective. Just as in a vehicle, the spark plugs are a common reason as to why an engine won’t start. Your email address will not be published. I just had a new chain professionally fitted to my Poulan ES 400 electric chainsaw. Also applies to all your 2 stroke, 2 cycle equipment including grass trimmers (weedeaters), hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, etc. March 9th, 2010. In this video I repair a Poulan woodshark Chainsaw. Now, the rest of the work is trimming. Best Hybrid Table Saw Of 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide, How To Use A Scroll Saw? First, cut a notch that is one-third of the tree’s width in a horizontal direction. It was working fine before that. Remove the spark plug from the cylinder, and insert it into the rubber boot on the end of the wire. Here, we shall discuss some of the problems that prevent a chainsaw from working and the best solutions as to why your chainsaw won’t stay running. We started it up right of the box just fine. However, you have to accept that it will be less powerful, take more time to cut, and come with an electrical cord. Anti-vibration – It keeps you and the machine stable while you are cutting, reducing potential damage. Pull off the small vent that is attached to the fuel line coming out of the gas tank. After cutting, unplug the saw. Few things are more frustrating than having a big wood cutting job to do, and your chainsaw won't start. To find just the right part, enter your model number. Check for one of these common issues: ­ 1. If you’ve checked all of the above and your chainsaw still won’t start, there might be a problem with the Carburetor. What happens is that the fuel filter after being used for a while traps so much dirt that it gets clogged and can only pass just a little amount of fuel or none. electric chainsaw won't start? My neighbors pick on me about my electric chainsaw. Required fields are marked *, © Copyright 2020 Electric Saw Centre | Privacy Policy & Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer | Contact Us, Cordless & Corded Electric Chainsaw $50->$500. If you want to handle some landscaping cleaning, prune small branches or split wood used for fuel, an electric chainsaw will be useful equipment. That air and fuel mixture needs to be ignited and without a spark, it’s not going to happen. You see, there are no limitations here! It converts the low voltage into high voltage to perform the electric spark. Also, electric chainsaws have some outstanding features that make your work easier: Now you have known how to start an electric chainsaw. 3. I bought a Worx 16" electric chainsaw in May but have never tried using it until yesterday. It has been 10 years since this saw last cut wood. If it doesn't start, replace the spark plug with a new one.the If it doesn't start, replace the spark plug with a new one.the Troubleshoot Fuel Lines If you have anything new to share, do not hesitate! But you do not have to worry – it is flexible so that your movements will not be limited. Problem seems to be that there is no spark at plug. You can cut a tree away from other objects, but do not cut away from its natural angle. I don't have a … Why won't my Craftsman electric chain saw start? Anything that restricts the flow of fuel or air will cause your mix to be off, so it won't ignite in the cylinder. Your email address will not be published. This problem might be caused by a couple of factors. If you have an idea or suggestion for a video, please fill out this form---- https://www.stevessmallenginesaloon.com/video-suggestions.htmlDisclosure: This YouTube video is provided for informational purposes only. Is there something that I should be looking at? (Whoops) Check the power cord to ensure it’s connected to both the saw and the outlet. So it is essential to know your saw, how it fits together, and how it uses power. The first thing you need to do when your chainsaw doesn’t startis to find out why it decided that it does not want to work. Automatic chain system and lubrication – there is no need to adjust the tension of the chain manually. My ,almost new, McCulloch chainsaw (38cc 14inch bar) worked perfectly the first three times I used it but now won't start. They have a long and versatile cord so that you can plug it into a nearby electrical source. Before we delve into those, we would like to offer a detailed summary regarding how chainsaws work, along with a step-by-step guide for how to start a chainsaw. But we believe these little limitations will not affect your work efficiency. And stand in a stable position with feet apart. Regular maintenance practices of the start system will ensure you do not run into start problems. Repair Clinic: Chainsaw Won't Start Poulan Pro: Instruction Manual Chris Deziel Chris Deziel is a contractor, builder and general fix-it pro who has been active in the construction trades for 40 years. Then, move the machine to the opposite side of the wedge. Pull the starting cord, if it starts, install a new vent. What about medium trees? Please ensure that you take all proper safety measures before attempting any project. If the Husqvarna has gas but still isn't starting, it may have a faulty spark plug or wiring. One of the greatest precious parts of the chainsaw to make it start is the ignition coil. Plug it into a heavy gauge extension cable instead. Moreover, you do not have to stop during the project to lubricate your saw. Do not forget to add the oil before it runs dry. You may face difficulty to start your Chainsaw because of the clogged oil fuel filter. You should always cut this notch on the side you want the tree to fall. Then, press the safety switch and pull the trigger. Top 3 Best Electric Chainsaw Sharpener Reviews 2020 For Woodworkers, Privacy Policy & Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer. Always keep in mind these basic safety principles, and you can handle it with ease. It is much lighter, quieter and less expensive than a traditional chainsaw. Scroll Saw Vs Band Saw : What Are The Differences Between Them? If you have a saw that runs on fuel, the troubleshooting process will be different from an electric model. Then I held the throttle down w my foot and held the choke in. This cord is often 100 feet long, and even longer with more advanced brands. How to start an electric chainsaw? Keep your hands steady and hold the machine tightly with both hands; otherwise, you may get injured if a kickback happens. Never cut down a tree while standing downhill from it. Good news: With an electric chainsaw, the problems related to starting are limited. Thank you for reading. An electric chainsaw will stop working for different reasons than one that uses fuel like petrol and a motor with air filters and spark plugs. Still new to operating chainsaws? If you choose to try one of the suggestions made in this video, you do so at your own risk. With small trees or saplings, you just need to cut straight through them. A little practice will let you know the strength and the operation of the saw. Also applies to all your 2 stroke, 2 cycle equipment including grass trimmers (weedeaters), hedge trimmers, leaf blowers, etc. Common Solutions (7) Related Videos (9) Common solutions for: Chainsaw won't start . Chainsaw won't start. They have powerful, gas engine saws that can chew through a dense forest of large pine trees. Easy ways to diagnose and repair your unit.Click this for an awesome saw---- http://amzn.to/2DTbXka Click here for my website--- http://www.stevessmallenginesaloon.com/Click here for my Parts and Tools Store---- https://www.amazon.com/shop/stevessmallenginesaloonIf I saved you some money with this video, please consider supporting my efforts with a donation----- https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick\u0026hosted_button_id=JRVNJVHEDHRD2Don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE here---- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpqca7L2YYDN-BIHUQ2TfAA/?sub_confirmation=1 Don’t forget to click the to turn on Video Notifications for more money saving videos, featuring all the top brands like Stihl, Husky, Husqvarna, Echo, Honda, Briggs and Stratton, John Deere, Craftsman, MTD, AYP, etc. Chainsaw won't start here's three reasons why! So, consult the manual to do this step correctly. The spark plug might be defective. The saw has been stored in a garden shed. Your safety is a priority! The manufacturer indicates the numbers of hours after which … One factor you probably did not consider as to why your chainsaw won’t start is a result of having bad fuel in the tank. Step 1: Read The Manufacturer’s Manual. Do You Know What The Differences Between Reciprocating Saw Vs. Jigsaw Are? Tags . Even if you are familiar with electric chainsaws, you should read the manual as well. Now I can't get the saw to turn on. But I don’t plan to cut down a forest, I only use my chainsaw to trim limbs and occasionally cut down small trees. Use the chainsaw and apply basic safety practices recommended in the manual. Electricsawcentre.com are a part of Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program to allow sites to earn an advertising fee by linking products to amazon.ca, amazon.co.uk, amazon.com and other sites associated with this program. Whether it is through a chargeable battery or directly from an outlet with a cord, … The owner said they couldn't get it started. Sometimes the Chainsaw won’t start because of a clogged oil fuel filter. Shut down engine and try to restart it. 1 post . If it has a battery, the battery may be faulty and require replacement. First, put the blade of the chainsaw away from you and other objects. Continue to cut with a 45-degree angle, about two inches above the bottom of the wedge til the tree falls. Any suggestions on how I might fix it? Remember that you are working with a tool that is not only electrical, but is also designed to cut, and it will do that to whatever gets in its way, including you.