Facebook The City of Valdez sponsors a silver salmon derby in late July through Sept. Allison Point Access Site ... Email Us. When I tried to tell him we shouldn’t keep any fish with any kind of hump on their back because it was a sign they were getting ready to spawn and the meat wouldn’t be as good, he would have nothing of it. Sites. 1992 - 17.7# (34.5") Silver Salmon, casting off Allison point . Sorry, there are no recent results for popular collections. Winds light and variable. “The pinks are in. There are lots of ways to get here, and all of them expose you to some of Alaska's most spectacular scenery. I could see several poles bent as fishermen up and down the beach wrestled fish to the shore. Contact outdoors editor Tim Mowry at 459-7587. FAIRBANKS — There was no mirror to confirm the panicked look on my face, but I could feel it. “Why you do this to me?” he said. Amenities. Fire Rings on Sites 1-5; Public Restrooms Facilities; 4 Improved Trails to the Water Edge; Some of the best shore fishing Alaska has to offer. Judging from the way things were going, we’d be able to catch all the fish we wanted on Sunday. To be sure, fishing for pink salmon at Allison Point is a total Alaska experience, even if you don’t keep any of the fish you catch. Fish are so thick you can walk across the water on their backs. It is less crowded than the other campgrounds, the scenery is beautiful. It sits on the opposite side of Valdez harbor and is away from the noise and traffic. After cooking three fish in camp, Nagnonhou came home with 20 fish to take back to Chicago. Allison Point. Allison Point Campground. Everyone of in our group caught fish. Amenities. Vibrex was the lure to use. If I had a favorite place on this list, it would be Allison Point in Valdez, Alaska. Anglers spread out for miles along the shoreline at Allison Point while others fished from boats in the Port of Valdez. Box 307 Valdez, AK 99686 Phone: 907-835-4313 Fax: 907-835-2992 Allison Point is the best place for the true Alaskan experience. While my original plan was to go down to Valdez and load up on pink salmon at Allison Point, now I wasn’t so sure. Located about five miles north of Valdez just past the Alyeska Pipeline Terminal, there are so many pinks at Allison Point at this time of year you can literally catch a fish on every cast, according to the stories I’ve heard. Email Us, Board of Fisheries and Game: Actions & Activities, Alaska Resources Library and Information Services (ARLIS), Western Alaska Salmon Stock Identification Program (WASSIP), Online General Season & Registration Permits, Subsistence and Personal Use Fishing Permits, CSIS – Community Subsistence Information System, The Technical Papers and Special Publications Series. GPS: 61.086, -146.343 Allison Point. That’s when reality — and panic — set in. “Don’t keep any more fish,” I ordered, loud enough for everyone to hear. This makes for good fishing from the banks like at Allison Point. After rigging five fishing poles and handing them to an assorted mixture of children and adults, I had taken a moment to catch my breath before climbing down the wall of rocks at Allison Point to see how they were doing. Standing on the rocky shore, you look out at snow-covered mountains and lush, green hillsides with waterfalls pouring out of them. Low -13F. Eagle's Rest RV Park, Valdez Picture: Sea Lions were fishing at Allison Point - Check out Tripadvisor members' 3,553 candid photos and videos. 2 reviews of Allison Point Campground "Shoreline salmon fishing steps away; awesome views; campfire pits; fresh water available; RVing doesn't get any better than this." Over the course of two days, we kept 23 fish, 12 of which Nagnonhou caught. Allison Point in late August is a good place to be for excellent silver action. It’s supposed to be the place to see bears feasting on salmon and a great place to toss a line in and catch some pinks. When fishing for silvers use a medium weight 7-8.5′ rod with a high quality bait or spin-casting reel. Allison Point in Valdez is all it's cracked up to be for salmon fishing, Winter activities news: Here’s some fun activities to get you outside and having fun this winter, Board of Game will consider regulatory changes to Fortymile hunt during next statewide regulations meeting, Three days in, 1,200 Fortymile caribou harvested, Borough parks and rec website adds trail report, Birch Hill Ski & Snowboard Area prepares for a unique season, Palmer man pleads guilty to wanton waste and taking sublegal bull moose near Glennallen, digital@newsminer.com or advertising@newsminer.com. Dayville Road Valdez, AK 99686 907-835-2282. Pinks and cohos are around Valdez especially in the Port and at Allison Point and the local docks. Allison Point Fishing Area Campgroun RFP 2019 - Re-bid This is a Request for Proposals (RFP) to all qualified persons, firms, partnerships and corporations to submit a proposal for the private, commercial operation of the City’s Allison Point Fishing Area (hereafter referred to as campground).