I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. Rating: 3.5 stars 198 Ratings. chicken, white pepper, butter, salt, cheddar cheese… Garnish with fresh chives and Greek yogurt for garnish. Loaded with tons of fiber and vitamins. Add spinach, pushing down to submerge in water. Place celery, broccoli, zucchini, green beans, parsley, garlic, green onion, olive oil, salt and water in a large soup or stock pot. 3oz/85g baby spinach; Instructions. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes until vegetables are softened, stir in spinach … To make this colorful soup start by sautéing onions in olive oil in a large pot. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. For flavor I added garlic, onion, Parmesan cheese and fresh pepper. ‘Tis the season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and brighter. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. It has been SO COLD here recently, too. Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup, Easy main course, Easy Soup Recipe, Healthy Recipes. Remove 1 cup cooking liquid; set aside. This soup looks amazing, I love the spinach in it, that’s such a great way to get more veggies in there! A few other favorites of mine are Cream of Chicken and Mushroom Soup, Dad’s Creamy Cauliflower Soup and Cream of Asparagus Leek Soup … Run cold water over broccoli and spinach, draining well, until cool, 2 to 3 minutes. I love making creamed soups, especially in the Fall when the weather starts getting cold. Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine. Serve immediately! The … Carefully ladle everything into a blender along with the fresh spinach, Cheddar, cream and hot sauce … Add spinach, pushing down to submerge in water. Add soup in two batches to a blender. Add 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt to each batch (2 tablespoons total) and pulse to combine. How is this soup so creamy without heavy cream or milk? Set 1 cup of the broccoli aside. About 1-2 minutes each batch. Cool soup slightly then add soup in two batches to a blender. The New Year is filled with lots of resolutions. Don’t worry about chopping the onions fully. This looks delicious! Add in stock and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the broccoli is tender. Creamy Chicken and Spinach Bake HirraPervaiz. Super yummy! That’s about 2 cups of veggies for one serving! Stir in broccoli, and … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A super healthy clean soup. Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup With Greek Yogurt. ... panko bread crumbs, cream of mushroom soup, chicken, spinach and 2 more. No milk or cream needed. Good luck with your resolutions- I definitely need to get more sleep and exercise too! To keep the color vibrant, after you blanch the vegetables, cool them down with cold water before adding them to the blender. (If you have an immersion blender you can do this in the pot). ... Detox Vegetable Soup The Science of Eating. This colorful soup has the same consistency of cream of broccoli soup without the milk or heavy cream. Bring the soup back to a gentle simmer, and then add in the remaining broccoli … Bake in preheated oven until broccoli is tender and bread is toasted, 7 to 9 minutes. Pour into bowls and garnish with extra Greek yogurt, chives and fresh cracked pepper. Fresh broccoli and spinach partner up in this creamy, fresh take on a winter classic soup. Can replace broccoli with asparagus. They will get puréed with the soup in the blender. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Using a hand blender, or in batches in a regular blender, purée the soup. Quick, easy and comforting. Add broccoli, onion, garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Toss in Parmesan cheese and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large stock pan. They will get puréed with the soup in the blender. I created Chef Savvy to share delicious, easy, quick weeknight meals that your family will love. . Hi I'm Kelley Simmons, a classically trained chef with a passion for cooking! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The parmesan croutons will give your favorite main dish salads an extra boost in taste and texture – make a double batch and keep a container on your kitchen counter. Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add quinoa and garlic and stir for one to two minutes. … Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. Add the fresh spinach and granulated or fresh garlic and continue blending until smooth. Warm green soup great with crusty bread. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. Broccoli Spinach Soup recipe is a healthy ,ultra creamy soup made with broccoli ,spinach and cheese in an Instant Pot Pressure cooker or Stove top.It’s the ideal comfort food for all year … Pulse until thick and smooth. Thick, creamy, and still light – what more could you want? https://chefsavvy.com/creamy-broccoli-spinach-soup-greek-yogurt Cook 1 minute or until broccoli is tender and spinach is wilted. Pour purée back into the pot over medium heat, then add the cheese while stirring. I am trying to conquer all three. These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, 23 beautiful, uplifting, and heartfelt sentiments for your loved ones. Drain in a colander, discarding remaining cooking liquid. Loaded with spinach, broccoli, garlic and Greek yogurt. Soup is one of my favorite meals to prepare during the winter months. An easy to make tasty creamy cheese, Broccoli and mushroom soup recipe. 2 cup of milk i used 2% 1 3/4 cup cheddar cheese or any kind you like 1/2 cup broccoil 1/3 cup spinach 1/2 tsp … Try this healthy broccoli soup alongside grilled cheese … Stir in lemon juice. Heat the olive oil and butter in a soup pot over medium-high heat until hot. Add the diced onion and saute for 5 minutes, or until golden and fragrant. Takes less than 30 minutes to make and only takes one pot! broccoli spinach cheese soup SavannahLovesBacon Springfield, Missouri. Cook onion in butter until softened. After the cheese has melted, add the milk. Starting with eating better. Deglaze the saucepan with broth and cream, bring to a boil and season with salt and pepper. New Years resolutions are fun and eating healthy is always on my list This soup is so easy and looks delicious! This soup will make you want to eat your vegetables. The soup gets finished off with just a bit of Greek yogurt. Place in a single layer on other side of baking sheet. Place in 1 layer on 1 side of a greased rimmed baking sheet. Stir in … If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Drain in a colander, discarding remaining cooking liquid. Skinny Creamy Broccoli Spinach Soup. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Cheddar cheese melted on top adds a creamy finish to this quick appetizer soup … https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/creamy-broccoli-and-butternut-squash-soup Broccoli and Spinach Soup is a delicious vegetarian soup recipe that is easy to prepare at home and is loved by people of all age groups. Simmer for another 5-10 minutes until broccoli is tender. It looks so pretty and tasty! Browse through Food & Wine's recipes for broccoli-spinach soup, chicken and broccoli soup, broccoli-leek soup with lemon-chive cream and more. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Antonis Achilleos; Prop Styling; Heather Chadduck Hillegas; Food Styling: Emily Nabors Hall, Broccoli-Spinach Soup with Parmesan Croutons. Optional squiggle of cream for presentation. Eat better, get more sleep and exercise. One can serve this healthy soup recipe to their guests … In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Learn more. Process cooked, cooled broccoli and spinach, 1 cup reserved cooking liquid, stock, and parsley in a blender until smooth, 1 minute. Cook 1 minute or until broccoli is tender and spinach is wilted. This is just what I need. Toss in chopped broccoli and cook for 10 minutes. shredded cheddar cheese, broccoli, cooked chicken, salt, garlic powder and 3 more. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Every recipe is very clear, concise and easy to follow. Toss reserved 1 cup broccoli with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. spinach… https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/6393-broccoli-cheese-soup 35 mins Ingredients. Pinned! Take off of the heat and stir in spinach, Parmesan cheese and pepper. 4 c. broccoli, cut up sm. Your resolutions sound just like mine! Add remaining broccoli to pot, and cook 3 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, and top with roasted broccoli and croutons. Remove 1 cup cooking liquid; set aside. Toss together bread, Parmesan, and 3 tablespoons of the oil. This soup packs 4 cups of broccoli and 4 cups of spinach. Transfer to pot; stir in half-and-half, 2 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper. Preparation. In this healthy broccoli-cauliflower soup recipe, broccoli, cauliflower and baby spinach get blended into a smooth puree which gives the soup body and a bright green color. Preheat oven to 425°F. My 4yo asked for broccoli soup for dinner, this was perfect! Add broth; bring to a boil. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Instructions. Bring 4 quarts water and 2 tablespoons of the salt to a boil in a large pot over high. In a large stockpot or cast iron soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. This is a super easy recipe with simple ingredients.