My dog had not been eating his usual amount and I was watching him, he then began to... (11983 views), Dog with large tumor on neck. No a dog cannot get pregnant if it is not in heat. My boxer has been getting rashes under her front armpits, this is the 4th time it's... (24744 views), Cerebellar hypoplasia in kittens. also when they finnally got unstuck his penis came out and had to go back inside him, i … read more There are several things you can do... © 2008 - 2018 Ask A Vet Question. Strawberries? This period usually last 9 to 10 days and out of which, your dog will be most fertile for the first five days, but the dog can become pregnant all the way until the end of the cycle. A key symptom of a pregnant dog are the changes that occur in her breasts. I raise and show Devon Rexes. You can observe a lot and even tell if your dog is pregnant without a vet, if you pay attention. If you witnessed your dogs attempting to breed, there are still a few things your vet may do to help you determine the odds of your dog being pregnant. If your dog tied, then chances are she is pregnant at this point. Hi, I have a 4 month old kitten. I took my cat to the vet bc he was limping and they said he may have cut his foot... (5619 views), Rash in dog's armpits. There are several things you can do... © 2008 - 2018 Ask A Vet Question. YES! var cx = 'partner-pub-8995154986384801:1sj057-fayi'; She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. Don't believe your pet has fleas. My cat is 9 yrs old has it 4th case of rodent ulcer on its mouth usely it takes... (13393 views), Grade 4 heart murmur. But, many times, asking an online veterinarian a question can help save you money. even though the dog may give birth on this stage, she is supposed to stay pregnant for one more week. Oh well i think she has a bad tooth,lost of weight,not eating her regular food,gave her rice... (16815 views), Dried blood in ferret's ears. I’ve recently bred a female that I had only a slip mating with. if she not pregnant and you dont want her to have pups wait 2 months after her season then get her spayed then you wont need to worry about the mess and false alarms and problems female dogs can … A tie occurs when the male and female dog are stuck for some time. Hi there Strawberries? Learn about treatment... Infographic: What happens to a dog's body in a hot car. Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. My 4year old cat has been throwing up over the past two months. Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? gcse.async = true; My dog Roxie has had a flea dip and has had her last months flea treatment, but she... (9142 views), High ALKP and bile acids. We'll only send you great stuff, never spam. (function() { Can you breed a dog with one testicle? Tomatoes? She has been a vet since 1999. If your female dog has mated with a male and neither of them has been neutered, then it's very possible she's pregnant. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; My guess would be that she is pregnant, but we'll have to wait and see! The gestation length in dogs (dog pregnancy length) is around 63 days, or just over two months, although it may range from 58-68 days. Can you breed a dog with one testicle? There is a little bit more risk than a regular spay if we do it when she is pregnant, but, this may be the best thing for her. Veterinarian, Dr. Marie created this site to be able to provide quick, accurate veterinary advice online. Search for similar questions: During the first few weeks of a pregnancy, some dogs will lose their appetite. Fred has been miserable. ... (21501 views), Cost to take mouse to vet? Dr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. Grapes? gcse.type = 'text/javascript'; Does your pet have a big swollen ear? Others believe a pair of dogs must mate multiple times before pregnancy can occur. Does your pet have a big swollen ear? Before this year he... (11138 views), Dental problems and weight loss. She would love to help with your pet's problem! Does your dog leak urine when sleeping? I have seen dogs have puppies just fine at this age, however. I quickly threw water on them and they separated. my dog has fits his back legs go stiff he then starts panting excessively his fur is... (9242 views), Grade 5 heart murmur in kitten. She created Ask A Vet Question as a resource for good, accurate veterinary advice online. A Professional Diagnosis. Yes she should be careful that no pregnancy happens if she can’t afford emergency care,but that neither here nor there.the puppies are on the way the lady can’t help her money problem but she cares enough to ask someone for advice. The copulatory tie is one of the stages occurring during the mating of two dogs where the two dogs are locked together due to the expansion of the male’s bulbus glandis, an organ that keeps him tied up with the female.Don’t panic – this is a perfectly normal thing to happen between two dogs that are mating. These are usually the earliest signs that most people will notice. /answer_np.php?id=2579-cat-eating-less-than-normal, /answer_np.php?id=2520-cut-my-dogs-nail-too-short, /answer_np.php?id=6172-what-is-this-red-lump-on-my-dogs-leg, /answer_np.php?id=1153-dog-ate-a-feminine-pad, /answer_np.php?id=1416-why-did-my-dog-die, /answer_np.php?id=1815-do-sheep-die-on-their-backs, /answer_np.php?id=781-puppy-wont-eat-or-drink, /answer_np.php?id=1275-stretching-out-back-legs, /answer_np.php?id=2419-dog-panting-at-night-time, /answer_np.php?id=5035-swollen-foot-because-of-bandage, /answer_np.php?id=2426-dog-ate-foam-padding, /answer_np.php?id=1131-is-raid-toxic-to-cats, /answer_np.php?id=1547-otc-sedation-for-cats, /answer_np.php?id=643-arthritis-in-17-year-old-dog, /answer_np.php?id=2328-my-dog-ate-goose-poop, What does an infected neuter incision look like. You can also ask Dr. Marie for a second opinion on your pet's condition. She will no longer be interested in male dogs and if she has mated with a male dog during the heat cycle, she will, most likely, be pregnant. For the first couple of weeks after mating, you can simply continue feeding her normally. Usually a bitch is fertile around days 11-14, but every one is different. He eats well and most people are shocked... (19953 views), Grapeseed extract and dogs. You will be surprised to find out what this means on a food label! litter of 12 puppies were born on April 13th and now 4 are showing signs of lumps... (8150 views), Trembling head - distemper? It can not predict more exactly than checking with your … My ferret has dry blood in it's ears what does that... (14796 views), Yorkie having seizures. About how much would it cost to take a mouse in for a check... (17052 views), Hungry and losing weight. My dogs tied is she pregnant? Stud dogs are at their prime between 18 months and 4 years old (or 5), after that, the quality of the sperm starts to lessen, and the ability to penetrate eggs, lessens. And the male wouldn't try if she is not in heat. You will be surprised to find out what this means on a food label! Could she be pregnant and after this episode I'll be getting her de sexed. when my dog is in the yard, she will bark at other dogs passing. Why does my cat Bruski always put her paw on my face when shes sleeping shell keep... (25007 views), Constipated cat. Hello, i have a 14 year old pit bull/bull mastiff mix (50-60 lb and on the smaller... (9406 views), I'm out of prednisone. Some people believe a dam cannot get pregnant during her first heat cycle. It also appears that being in a "tie" ups the chances for pregnancy in dogs. Unsubscribe any time. avoid anything which may result in the early labor – rough play or any stimulation. my 7 month old male dog got stuck inside my female dog who is 4 years old. var gcse = document.createElement('script'); A cytology smear done up to a day later after the unplanned deed can tell if your dog was in heat, and whether there is the presence sperm. was outside playing with our two other dogs. This is the issue with my little puppy. Almost all dogs will have sperm by one year. However, some dogs have also become pregnant without a tie, and some dogs don't get pregnant despite tying, so it's not a guarantee. var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; You were told that your female had "tied" well with a dog and that only one service was necessary. My Choc Lab is acting very listless, sneezing constantly, her nose is cold, is still... (22308 views), Vomiting after allergy injection My sister took my dog to the vet yesterday where she recieved a shot to stop itching... (15749 views), Swelling by anus. No! Our 17 year old indoor cat, one of two from the same litter, has always been skinny,... (12656 views), Quiet, sneezing dog. Read about the controversial new black box label... A chart of the normal blood values for dogs. But a female dog will not stand to be bred if she is not in heat. I picked him up alone from... (7293 views), Trouble breathing My 12 year old golden retriever was diagnosed with an enlarged heart and a "5"... (12195 views), Cat puts her paw on my face. Is your cat peeing in the house? Also, inquire as to the procedure if your female dog does not become pregnant as a result of the stud service. hello Yes, absolutely yes. I have tried what i know to do. However, not every mating results in pregnancy, especially if the act happened at a time when your dog was not ovulating. gcse.src = 'https://cse.google.com/cse.js?cx=' + cx; The entire content of this website is copyrighted by Ask A Vet Question, owned by Dr. Marie Haynes and is not to be reproduced, copied or distributed without permission. Read this! Increasing the Chance for Pregnancy I thought we could have a back and forth conversation? i was woke up this morning mu my female pup crying and yelping. she is a... (5521 views), Older cat with vomiting and white nose. Female dogs which are not pregnant normally have small, flat nipples but, as your dog’s body prepares for pregnancy, her nipples will begin to enlarge for milk production. Virtually all canine matings require no intervention from the breeder whatsoever. I have a sweet, loving, happy, and spoiled female chihuahua, weighing about... (10975 views), Will I be forced to euthanize? Search for similar questions: My dog Bella has finished her period about a month and a half ago if not longer. By 10 years old, most stud dogs do not produce sperm that will impregnate a bitch. Grapes? Grape seed extract listed on some chicken jerky treats from china when looking after... (11922 views), Torn nail in cat. She has a sonogram Friday so we then determine if indeed it is 100% factual in her case. KR- myopinions answered . Can Metacam can cause kidney failure in cats? Learn about treatment... Infographic: What happens to a dog's body in a hot car. Does your dog leak urine when sleeping? 99% is food. Today I had went to a new vet with my 8 year old Cocker Spaniel, and while the vet... (12328 views), Neomycin dangerous to cats? Your female dog may show a change in her nipples if she is pregnant. Veterinarian visit. You may want to talk to your vet about having Nelly spayed. What to Feed Pregnant Dogs I value your opinion so much and I do respect and understand that... (16939 views), Cat has swollen foot. Aussie aprx 12... (25097 views). 9: the dog’s appetite may drop: your bitch should comfortably lie in the whelping area. She was in heat and she mated 5 times and got tied and stuck its been weeks about 2 weeks should I take her to the vet and is there a high chance she is pregnant. what are the chances she is pregnant. I really have my doubts since it wasn’t a tie that I would have wanted to see. Is My Dog Pregnant? I... (9309 views), Chihuahua ate tennis ball. Getting a Professional Diagnosis Visit a veterinarian. so i found her in the house and Bruce and Nelly where stuck together. Around week 4, or one month, you will start to notice that dog's belly swells and begins to lower. It is common for owners of the male dog to offer a free service next time. I think it... (18160 views). I agree that she is quite young for a pregnancy. Is an online vet visit just as good as a trip to your veterinarian? My cat is a 13y.o., outdoor (day) / indoor (night), mouser/birder, and has been a... (17136 views), Dog died suddenly. No! Do you know what foods are safe for your dog? She has been... (20069 views), Dog ate a needle. She would love to help with your pet's problem! So, if you saw them tied together then she is most likely pregnant. s.parentNode.insertBefore(gcse, s); Dr. Marie treats dogs, cats, hamsters, guinea pigs, and rats. i think she ovalates on day 9. thank you carla. Hello. A female usually won't allow penetration unless she is fertile. a female dog is in season for 21 days if you did want puppies the best time to mate is between the 10th and 14th day but it could happen round the 8th day so if it was before the 8th day prob not. A tie is a natural phenomenon of dog breeding in which the bulbus glandis of the male's penis swells inside the bitch's … gcse.type = 'text/javascript'; Typically, canine gestation is around 60-63 days long, beginning on the day of conception. She has been a vet since 1999. })(); Cat keeps getting sick. Labor in a Pregnant Female Dog. If ejaculation has occurred, your female dog can become pregnant in spite of the male not remaining locked to her. var gcse = document.createElement('script'); I found her when she was about two months. by fault i wish i hadn't, i gave my cat eardrops containing neomycin (i only gave... (16875 views), Too small for spay? Tomatoes? Almost every time, if a bitch and a dog mate and tie there will be a pregnancy. You might think the answer is a simple yes or no, but unlike humans, it can be difficult to gauge whether a dog is pregnant until the final few days of the pregnancy! It's likely. Today I took my female dog to my nans though I heard barking from my dog and I walked outside and they were locked. The diestrus period involves pregnancy in the bred dog, or the two-month period following the end of the estrus cycle if the dog wasn't bred or the mating didn't "take." The entire content of this website is copyrighted by Ask A Vet Question, owned by Dr. Marie Haynes and is not to be reproduced, copied or distributed without permission. Can Metacam can cause kidney failure in cats? Veterinarian, Dr. Marie created this site to be able to provide quick, accurate veterinary advice online. Dr. Marie is a veterinarian who practices in a busy animal hospital in Ottawa, Ontario. But the reality is that neither of these things is true. If they display any of the dog pregnancy signs above, such as an increase in appetite or morning sickness, then you can probably assume something is growing inside of them. Unsubscribe any time. Read about the controversial new black box label... A chart of the normal blood values for dogs. … My dog is 11 months and the dog she mated with was 9 months. The first time I used this method and there after it was a success. Observe your dog's behavior, as many females dogs show a change in behavior during pregnancy. I took... (6153 views), Pitbull with rash Mister has been treated all his life for a skin rash he has. Is your cat peeing in the house? There are a lot of old wives tales surrounding when a dog can or cannot get pregnant. My cat snagged her nail on string and the string got stuck in the quick and cut it a... (12678 views), Puppy Strangles. We count gestation from the day of the first tie since that usually does it unless there is a problem somewhere. Don't believe your pet has fleas. The fertility rate in a slip mating is not quite as good, as there is often some spillage of semen when withdrawal occurs prior to the locking phase. hi i have mated my yorkshire terrier last thursday she mated for 20 minutes and tied but im'e not sure what day she was as she is allways licking herself.can she still be pregnant if she was mated to early?last year she was mated on day 9 and she had 5 beautiful pups.she is still very swollen and bleeding would she have mated and tied if she wasn't ready? gcse.async = true; He has had a ear infection... (7470 views), Dog died at the vet's A couple weeks ago I noticed our dog Gauge was straining to urinate but couldnt. Feeding the pregnant dog. hi, my cat recently had kittens, their are four kittens, two cant walk or barely... (19490 views), Stop barking at other dogs. If your dog breeds and become pregnant, she'll give birth to her puppies in approximately 63 days. They may want to be touched less, especially in the belly area, or sleep much more than before. According to this she is probably pregnant. Why are cat foods not allowed to contain propylene glycol?