I shared this on my blog today linking to your recipe. if you send me your email i can email you it. This recipe did NOT turn out for me! Lightly spray the tops of the breadsticks with cooking spray before baking. I make these a lot, the ones from Joy in My Kitchen. :). These look amazing! Combine all ingredients (except for topping ingredients) in the bowl of a stand mixer and mix using … At least you know what is in your food and not a bunch of stuff pre made and reheated. thanks!! I froze one stick to see if I can make this ahead of time and freeze them to bake when needed. Getting the bread just right for a good Olive Garden breadstick recipe was tricky—I tried several different amounts of yeast in all-purpose flour, but then settled on bread flour to give these breadsticks the same chewy bite as the originals. Melt the remaining butter in the microwave. I really want to make this recipe I just have one question! I really think somewhere it should say how much this recipe yields and how to divide the dough into breadsticks, like other recipes of the same sort do. I didn't see where it says how many this recipie makes? I have tried this recipe twice and for some reason neither time did they turn out....never really rose like they should have and I used extra care to be sure hte water was right temp for yeast....prob won't try again!! Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. How many comes out of this recipe? These help us improve our services by providing analytical data on how users use this site. Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup copycat is every bit as creamy and delicious as the restaurant version, made in less than 30 minutes!. I hope you will stop by and join my NEW blog all about farm life, decorating, cooking, and much more. Will make again! I have a similar recipe and these breadsticks are so good! Once oven has preheated, place the cookie sheet in oven and bake breadsticks for 6-7 minutes. I was just going to make another bread for dinner tonight... but I am going to change to these to go with our soup!! Here's my suggestions: Only use a teaspoon of the salt. […] are some other recipes to go with your homemade spaghetti sauce:  Olive Garden Breadsticks from Chef in Training Caprese Garlic Bread from Two Peas and Their Pod Handmade Pasta from […]. These breadsticks are super simple to make and soooooooo delicious!!! Once risen, brush them with 1 1/2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle them with salt. Cut … Roll each ball … Yum! Sesame Onion Breadsticks. This one looks great and delicious like in the OG. Sprinkle the tops with fine sea salt. Do not overknead!". Your email address will not be published. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer. Roll out dough … Yes! Thank you so much for the recipe! Just made these tonight. I made your recipe. https://fabulesslyfrugal.com/recipes/olive-garden-breadsticks-copycat-recipe I have to make these! I'll definitely give them a go next time I'm craving home-baked bread. Combine the yeast mixture with flour, salt and olive oil in a stand mixer and mix until a dough forms. My standard kneading time for roll/breadstick dough is 5 minutes in a machine (like my kitchenaid), probably closer to 7-8 by hand. STARTING AT 3.99 140 cal. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. These breadsticks are so good, and pretty easy to make! Definitely going to have to give these a try. I am loving all these recipes. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C) just 10 minutes before the 1 hour … If you make this recipe, snap a photo and hashtag it #chefintraining and/or #chefintrainingblog. Love gnocchi? Thanks for sharing! You'd be better trying to cook at home. I made them for Valentine's Day for Hubby! I've made this recipe a few times and they turn out perfect!!! https://thecarefreekitchen.com/copy-cat-olive-garden-breadsticks-recipe Happy to know I'm not the only one! A little sweet, a little garlicky, buttery, and so melt-in-your-mouth tender, not to mention so easy to make and bake in just 25 minutes! There are a lot of better recipes out there keep looking. Required 4.5 cups flour. They arrive buy the boxes and are heated then buttered and salted with garlic mix. Total waste! But the flavor was wonderful, and the whole family ate them joyfully. --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com, I have the chicken and gnocchi soup recipe that tastes pretty darn close. These were unbelievable! Way too much flour, they came out dense and did not rise. Your picture looks straight out of a magazine! Just made these breadsticks last night to go along with my spaghetti and the family LOVED them! When I saw this recipe for Homemade Olive Garden Breadsticks over at Full Bellies. I was able to make a copy cat Olive Garden Salad recipe but I knew I had to figure out how to make the breadsticks… Depending on the … :-). Looks amazing! First is the flour. IDE,DSID,test-cookie,__gads,GoogleAdServingTest, 2 tsp fine sea salt (and a bit extra to sprinkle on top), 4-5 c. bread flour (you can also use All-Purpose flour, but they will turn out denser), In a large bowl, mix the warm water, sugar, and yeast. I tried a second batch and forgot the butter.. Oops today is Not my day lol. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. You can brush the breadsticks with egg wash for a glossy finish, but I usually skip this step to replicate Olive Garden’s texture. I have one close to their potatoe, sausage and kale. Question. I would love to see how these recipes take shape in your kitchens. I made these this last weekend. We just had Olive Garden's breadsticks today! U will be making again today.thank you. Roll into a 2 … In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast. Privacy/Disclosure. Cookies that are automatically set by our advertising partners. They were flat and tasted horrible nothing like olive garden. Kneading is very important for the gluten to develop and make the dough tender. Do not overknead! So good! While breadsticks are cooking, microwave ½ cup butter, 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt. I'll update when I get around to trying it out. I am going to make these for Sunday dinner! Thanks! Wish I would not of wasted my organic flour. These breadsticks are delicious the butter is what makes it taste like olive garden the bread is very good. I followed the recipe exactly and they were slightly crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. I love Olive Garden's bread sticks... these look delicious! The easiest homemade breadsticks recipe that is better than Olive Garden (copycat recipe). Start with two cups, then slowly add more until the dough leaves the sides of the bowl and is smooth and slightly tacky, but not overly sticky. Easy Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce - 365 Days of Slow Cooking, 3½ cups all purpose flour, add more or less as needed. Thanks so much for sharing with us! I think they taste like hot dog rolls, but I am betting yours taste awesome. I only changed it a little and used 3 1/4 cups of flour instead of 4 1/4 because the first batch that I made were a little more dense than what I wanted. I have never needed near 4 1/4 cups. :( not sure what happened?? I also only added 2 tsp. Looks easy to bake, I love breadsticks, when I used to travel to the US I always stop in Olive Garden...I miss the flavors...this should be a must to bake for me. My kitchen is far too cold, so I warm my oven (just until it reaches 170°F) and turn it off. Brush once more with the garlic butter mixture. I completely agree. You read and agreed to our privacy policy. It was a big batch for just the 2 of us. When I made them today I only used 3 cups and they were perfect. I'm thinking I did one of 2 things wrong: I either added too much flour (the whole 4 1/4 c. seemed like too much as I was trying to stir it), or I stirred/kneaded it too much. I just made these and they turned out SO amazingly delicious! These look so good! 3 1/2 cups of flour and 1 1/2 cups water and the dough was a runny mess! My name is Nikki and I am a stay-at-home mom. I never add all the flour at once, I always keep some out to add in only if I need. This recipe turned out really well for me! I even made them for a few potlucks and it's always the first thing to disappear! Your email address will not be published. Before or After you baked them? make sure to make the breadsticks very skinny as the double in size i made the mistake of making them the actual size and they were huge!!! Is it really 1 tbsp salt or there is typo error? After an hour, punch the dough down, and separate it into 14-16 balls. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience. Found these on Pinterest, and just made them. My husband (who has a certificate in culinary arts) thinks they are BETTER than Olive Garden!!! What if you could make your own version of Olive Garden breadsticks at home? I will definitely save this recipe for family meals in the future! I ran out of unbleached flour so I'm trying it with half wheat flour; won't be as soft but they smell great baking! Pinning this recipe, thanks! Roll out on a floured surface and knead. Thank you! https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/olive-garden-copycat-recipes I used 3 1/2 cups flour, as the recipe called for, and I had to add more! Transfer dough unto a lightly floured surface and evenly divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Amazing, I would hold back on the salt a'lil next time. To make your own copycat Olive Garden breadsticks, gather one package of active dry yeast, milk, water, sugar, oil, and flour.For the topping, you'll want to be sure you have butter, garlic salt, and garlic powder on hand and ready to go.. We utilized active dry yeast for this recipe because of the way it interacts with the milk and water. Has anyone had this problem and what would be the solution. But i love these, and am definitely going to make them again!!!!! Thanks for posting :). Just made these today for the first time and they were so easy and soooo yummy!!!! Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes. Take them out before they brown. I tried to make these and they came out nothing like the pic. But otherwise incredible! I am married to the man of my dreams and have a beautiful little girl with a sassy attitude and two handsome little boys whose smiles can brighten anyone’s day! WOW!!! Add flour and butter to your yeast mixture and work over the dough. It is very difficult to over-knead dough, but on the other hand, you cannot make up for under-kneading it. I do have to say I made these tonight with wheat yeast, and they taste JUST like the Olive Garden's breadsticks!!! If you have a warm kitchen, you can cover the bowl with a damp towel and leave it on the counter. That's my go-to recipe, too! The breadsticks and soft with a garlic butter and herb crust. I love to go to Olive Garden and eat their salad and breadsticks. I did lower the salt as others suggested to 1 tsp. https://www.handletheheat.com/copycat-olive-garden-breadsticks Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm making some for lunch. Roll each piece of dough into a 9 inch rope and transfer to a greased cookie sheet. "Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth. I also used bread flour instead of the all-purpose flour. Then, I set a dish of hot water on the lower rack, and the bowl with the dough on the top rack. These are used to track user interaction and detect potential problems. With some ingredients you probably have at home, you can make your own pretty easily. Thanks for sharing the recipe so my pocketbook can stay a little fatter. Just a couple notes for people who found them dry and dense. Great recipe! The bread didn't come out fluffy at all, We love bread too. I will still put them in the oven and see what happens. With this Copycat Olive Garden Breadstick recipe, you can bring part of the restaurant experience home. :). The breadsticks are delicious! I used quick rise yeast with a shorter rise time and added a fresh sprig of parsley chopped up in the garlic butter. Then, mix in the 2 tsp of salt, 2 tbsp of softened butter, and about 3 cups of the flour. No! My kids are glad I found this recipe! Brush the garlic butter over the breadsticks and serve warm! After they rise, melt the 1/4 c. of butter, and mix with the garlic powder. Like most breads, the dough needs time to rise and rise again. Knead the dough for 7 to 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. big Fail on these for me- I swear I followed the directions, but the dough came out flaky, rather than "smooth", and dry. Most of the time, the problems people attribute to overkneading are really due to overflouring. For Olive Garden Breadsticks: Place the butter and garlic salt in a microwave safe bowl. Does anyone know how to replicate Olive Garden Soup recipes? However, being a long time baker, I realize the tablespoon of salt would have made the bread too salty....I used 1 teaspoon in the bread and it was perfect. Find recipes for Olive Garden soup, salad, breadsticks, appetizers, pasta, chicken, side dishes, dessert, and drinks too!From everyday menu items to seasonal specials, there are plenty of recipes to make and enjoy. Pull this Olive Garden breadsticks recipe out of the oven and brush with half the garlic butter. I do warn you, this is scratch-made bread, so it is best made on a day you will mostly be home. https://spoonuniversity.com/recipe/copycat-olive-garden-breadsticks-recipe Your email address will not be published. Place them in the oven with the temperature turned to 170 F. Let them rise for about 15 minutes, or until doubled in size. They would make a GREAT side dish to your meal! I think I'll make these today or tomorrow!! I couldnt get the dough after I rolled it to not spring back and they where small. Tonight I decided to be lazy and made bread in a round casserole dish. Secondly, I knead it for 5-7 minutes. Thanks so much my brother and Mom and Dad love them and it tasted just like Olive Garden best breadsticks recipe ever!!!!!!! I will be trying this recipe again for sure. Thanks for sharing. Mix with paddle attachment of stand mixer or wooden spoon until fully combined. Olive Garden No need to go to Olive Garden, you can make your favorite Italian food at home with these easy copycat recipes. Add flour, salt and melted butter to yeast mixture. It can make it or break it- if they didn't rise, it's most likely an issue with your yeast, or how you proofed it! These look better then Olive Gardens. And i ran out of regular flour so i used about a cup of wheat flour in addition to the regular flour. Mixture should be … What did I do wrong? Cookies that are necessary for the site to function properly. Keep adding the remaining flour until you get a nice, soft dough that pulls away from the side of the bowl and isn't too sticky. I made. Yum! They get there breadsticks in pre made and reheat them and slap butter and garlic salt on them. Can anyone tell me how much is 1 packet of yeast in grams or tablespoons please? It is very hard to overknead dough. Then holding cooking spray about 8" from sticks, lightly spray top of each and then dust with garlic powder and oregano. I also think there is too much salt in the dough. made these tonight...my kids said they were even BETTER than the O.G. Just made them. Flour-to-water ratio way off, dough extremely wet. This recipe definitely makes closer to 12 sticks. Place these 3" apart on Pam-sprayed cookie sheets.